Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I believe, in you.. You can do it! Never give up! Pursue your dreams!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

In Training posted:

:siren: Nier Automata Demo is now available :siren:

Oh my god it's so good.

It's got a lot of similar feel to Revengeance but it does play pretty differently. Has a similar Light+Heavy weapon setup system but this one seems more customizable. I really like that the dodge ability is actually not fully invincible and you will just get wrecked by solid objects if you use it poorly.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

In Training posted:

:siren: Nier Automata Demo is now available :siren:

You could have mentioned it was only on PS4 :arghfist::saddowns:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

You could have mentioned it was only on PS4 :arghfist::saddowns:

Goes without saying. Dataminers ruin it for all

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
SLAIN: Back from Hell seems to be pretty fun and good. I honestly haven't played many of this type of game, so maybe it's not good in the genre, but I think it feels really solid. I read about the "update" and it sounds like when it launched it didn't... have any features or mechanics. So yeah, it sounds like it was really lovely. Like, one article I read implied that countering was added in the update. That's like, a core mechanic, so... yeah it would suck without it. I've only read up a little bit on the history of the game, but it was a kickstarted deal, and they were like 10 months behind schedule, so it seems like the launched the very unfinished game to assuage fears that it wasn't going to get made.

It's on sale on PSN for $10 now, normally $15? I think... It's very pretty the gameplay seems pretty solid to me.

Maybe I'll upload some videos, since I've actually beaten some bosses and minibosses so far.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Oh my god it's so good.

It's got a lot of similar feel to Revengeance but it does play pretty differently. Has a similar Light+Heavy weapon setup system but this one seems more customizable. I really like that the dodge ability is actually not fully invincible and you will just get wrecked by solid objects if you use it poorly.

Yeah, this game is gonna be so flipping good. One of the coolest dodge+parry style animations and attacks Ive ever seen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The way multiplayer is integrated in W_D420 is fuckin' good. It's a fuckin' good game all around. Even the stupid monkey cheese Daft Punk bro is actually funny and cool instead of stupid. I love this dumb game for millenial hipsters

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/811792414096683009
:v:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I seem to have caught my gnome warrior mid-blink animation.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

In Training posted:

Yeah, this game is gonna be so flipping good. One of the coolest dodge+parry style animations and attacks Ive ever seen.

I like that each button/weapon gets it's own counter attack type too. Launcher, heavy strike, and shotgun thing all work pretty differently. I wonder if different weapons of the same category will behave significantly different or not.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
How can you not want to play this? (SLAIN: Back from Hell)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qX4B5ZRBog

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Snak posted:

How can you not want to play this? (SLAIN: Back from Hell)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qX4B5ZRBog
I think MrAWolf should get his money back though, that room is kinda lame

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oh god I have FIVE people who need to get back to me about whether I have a new job or not and the SECOND one of them makes an offer I am buying Witcher 3

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

I think MrAWolf should get his money back though, that room is kinda lame

As far as I can tell, all the secret rooms are just a normal enemy with like 3x hp. That is kind of lame, but I mean, it's a kickstarter thankyou credit.

Like I said, this isn't my genre, but a lot of the content so far seems to be pretty well thought out. There's a real rhythm to be found to the engagements, but not a super limiting one. There are just enough options that there is more than one way do things, even if there might be an optimum way.

I saw a video of the gameplay at launch, and yeah, it's not even the same game.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Bicyclops posted:

Oh god I have FIVE people who need to get back to me about whether I have a new job or not and the SECOND one of them makes an offer I am buying Witcher 3

oh man good luck. I've been unemployed since august and just today had an interview and hired. Was gonna buy myself Rimworld until I realized I have like 40 bucks left. I hope I get a paycheck from them while the steam sale is still on.

but seriously best of luck. I know I almost wanted to cry after being told I had a job. It's weird, while I'm unemplyed is the best time to play games since I have the time but I just can't seem to enjoy anything so looking forward to working hard then playing hard.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

are you screaming at the conflagration of hardware and software?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

does this nier automata thing require knowledge of previous games in the series

i remember now i tried to read an LP once but didn't finish it for some reason

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It will not, though doubtless they'll be a few throwbacks and nods.

Taro Yoko was very deliberate about it being its own thing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LawfulWaffle posted:

VideoGames, you should enjoy video games and not make regimented plans that will result in rushed experiences. Also, add Tokyo Jungle to that list so you can meet the requisite bloodthirsty Pomeranian quotient.

I thought it would be fun to impose a sort of limit on what I play, rather than looking at my list and getting into a tizz of what to boot up. Sometimes I enjoy structure like that. If the first month is bad and I don't have the fun I think I will then I'll stop :)

In Training posted:

Let me know when you get to KOF and Ill 1v1 you. If I win you have to ban yourself though

If I was any good at all at fighting games (I am terrible - LowTierGod could beat me) then I would take you up on this. ;)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Looper posted:

I still play my SNES regularly though :shobon:
I sold my snes games because they go for insane prices now. Like I think I made over 2 grand from selling my carts. Metal warriors, Earthbound with guide, ff6, chrono trigger, megaman x 1-3, super metroid, and others all net a huge amount, but the one that sold for the most by far was a mint condition copy of the metal warrior instructions. I got 260 dollars for that.

If they didn't sell for gorillions of dollars, I would've kept them all though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I sold my snes games because they go for insane prices now. Like I think I made over 2 grand from selling my carts. Metal warriors, Earthbound with guide, ff6, chrono trigger, megaman x 1-3, super metroid, and others all net a huge amount, but the one that sold for the most by far was a mint condition copy of the metal warrior instructions. I got 260 dollars for that.

If they didn't sell for gorillions of dollars, I would've kept them all though.

Just the instructions? God, people are dumb.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I wish my Lynx and games where this valuable

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish I still had the big stupid guide for Earthbound, I'm sure it must be somewhere in my parents house because there's no way I'd throw it out but I can't find it. :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I keep seeing screencaps of people angry about Tracer and I just don't get why they are angry.

I cannot come up with any real reason why her sexual orientation has any bearing on the Overwatch gameplay. It's utterly baffling that they hate it so much. It's not like they could ever meet her and date her in real life. I'm just confounded by the whole vitriol. They are saying Blizzard lied to them. Lied about what? It seems there is more anger over this than the banwaves and I cannot figure it out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's because they're homophobic idiots that hate the idea of a gay person being anywhere near something they like. Or crazies who think they're literally married to her.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/metasynthie/status/811555742738239488

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I keep seeing screencaps of people angry about Tracer and I just don't get why they are angry.

I cannot come up with any real reason why her sexual orientation has any bearing on the Overwatch gameplay. It's utterly baffling that they hate it so much. It's not like they could ever meet her and date her in real life. I'm just confounded by the whole vitriol. They are saying Blizzard lied to them. Lied about what? It seems there is more anger over this than the banwaves and I cannot figure it out.

DON'T SAY THAT! IT COULD HAPPEN!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm going to date Zenyatta

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm already dating Zayra. I like the cuddles.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I very highly doubt anyone other than a few pocket spergs actually care about tracers sexuality, and her being a lesbian won't actually change anyone's opinion on the character, considering she was shipped constantly with the other female cast members.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sakurazuka posted:

Or crazies who think they're literally married to her.

crazy, in love maybe...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

I very highly doubt anyone other than a few pocket spergs actually care about tracers sexuality, and her being a lesbian won't actually change anyone's opinion on the character, considering she was shipped constantly with the other female cast members.

To be fair this happens to like every female character in nerd media.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Some of the other Overwatch ladies get fan-shipped with guys a lot, especially Mei.

Grapplejack posted:

I read the meimei thread from time to time and she is only ever in lesbian ships so yeah, I'm kinda surprised anyone is upset. Also they never alluded to her sexuality in anything before so I don't know how any gamers can claim that "Blizzard lied." Also that pixie cut. Also who the gently caress cares.

Videogames: play Tokyo Jungle if you have a PS3! It's quite good and is near the top of my list for games that deserve a sequel since they could definitely expand on the game's ideas.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 22, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I did it, Ray. I looked at the battlenet forums. :suicide:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

precision posted:

I did it, Ray. I looked at the battlenet forums. :suicide:

The Battle.net forums are gross on a normal day, the Overwatch general discussion forum is terrible right now and full of bigotry.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bloodychill posted:

Videogames: play Tokyo Jungle if you have a PS3! It's quite good and is near the top of my list for games that deserve a sequel since they could definitely expand on the game's ideas.

I am looking it up as we speak!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You should have seen the Blizzard forums when people got mad about Tyrael being black, hoo boy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

You should have seen the Blizzard forums when people got mad about Tyrael being black, hoo boy.

I forgot about that. There's still a sizable portion of the population that gets offended by diverse characters in media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's what gave us The Topic That Shall Not Be Named.

• Locked thread