Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Decided on a whim to pull using the free ticket and the two from the 300 lapis bundle.

1st pull - Medius

That's cool I guess. I can grind up his 6* form for fun.

2nd pull - RAINBOW! Probably gonna get trolled again...

Excuse me, I now need to run the maze nonstop for my shiny new Noctis! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Speaking of Noctis, I just saw that they changed Thunder Flask to break Mag/Spr instead of Def/Spr. Now he can cover all breaks, AoE. Pretty handy until we get WoL 6* (not that I have a Noctis anyway).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are the 5 Lapis Colosseum quests worth it?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I've only got Noctis to 6* 66, but already I've stripped my poor CoD of his dual wield for the arena. Even when he can barrage again, there's just no comparison between that and Noctis double tossing his blizzard flask and Stopping the entire enemy team.
Oh well buddy, you had a good run, maybe I'll get another Zidane someday and we can use you again :unsmith:

I actually just did some ticket pulls hoping for that, and promptly got Bediled for the first time in a while so lol probably not

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

If you're not fighting to get into a higher reward bracket, sure. Free lapis is free lapis!

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I've only got Noctis to 6* 66, but already I've stripped my poor CoD of his dual wield for the arena. Even when he can barrage again, there's just no comparison between that and Noctis double tossing his blizzard flask and Stopping the entire enemy team.
Oh well buddy, you had a good run, maybe I'll get another Zidane someday and we can use you again :unsmith:

I actually just did some ticket pulls hoping for that, and promptly got Bediled for the first time in a while so lol probably not

If I had a Noctis, I would make a solo Noctis team just to make everyone really really sad when the AI decides to use a flask.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

dangerous.hotdog posted:

If you're not fighting to get into a higher reward bracket, sure. Free lapis is free lapis!

If I had a Noctis, I would make a solo Noctis team just to make everyone really really sad when the AI decides to use a flask.

Having hit solo Noctis teams, I can confirm that I'm very sad every time they roll to go first and destroy me with flasks

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I'm sure a good amount of whales also macro TMRs so if they decide to ban them, that's a lot of income going away :laffo:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Not sure what to do with my team. Currently Exdeath, Kefka, CoD, Refia and Cecil.
I have no 5* base units, but I do have Bartz, Chiz, Ingus, Vaan and ExDeath#2 standing by. My Kefka is pretty weak, like 320 magic. My Exdeath has like 440 magic.

I feel like I should get rid of Kefka and replace him with a full breaker. But then I am not sure if I should keep ExDeath since I've read that having a single caster is pretty useless. I could go with Chiz, Ingus, Cod, Refia, and Cecil but not sure if it is worth the switch.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Having hit solo Noctis teams, I can confirm that I'm very sad every time they roll to go first and destroy me with flasks

Now you can be that person, spreading sadness and melancholy to all the world.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I bought the 10k lapis box so I can mini-whale when orlandu comes around :negative: not sure if I want to drop all these tickets on Noctis or not though. I really hate his attack animation, it looks bad.

MohShuvuu posted:

I'm sure a good amount of whales also macro TMRs so if they decide to ban them, that's a lot of income going away :laffo:

There's no way they'll ban macros in global if they don't add in an auto-battle system. Way too many people, even people who don't macro, would quit.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Alpha Mayo posted:

Not sure what to do with my team. Currently Exdeath, Kefka, CoD, Refia and Cecil.
I have no 5* base units, but I do have Bartz, Chiz, Ingus, Vaan and ExDeath#2 standing by. My Kefka is pretty weak, like 320 magic. My Exdeath has like 440 magic.

I feel like I should get rid of Kefka and replace him with a full breaker. But then I am not sure if I should keep ExDeath since I've read that having a single caster is pretty useless. I could go with Chiz, Ingus, Cod, Refia, and Cecil but not sure if it is worth the switch.

cod, refia, cecil, chiz, bartz, and swap bartz out for vaan when you need full break, imo (or chiz/cod if you need mana battery.)

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Bought the special bundle and spent the 10 tickets:

3* Charlotte
4* Chorizo
3* Charlotte
3* Garland
3* Locke
3* Duane
3* Locke
3* Vaan
4* Xiao
4* Clyne

Well... let's do an 11 pull with some of the lapis!

4* Mercedes
3* Charlotte
3* Luna
4* Cerius
3* Charlotte
3* Russel
3* Charlotte
3* Luna
3* Fran
3* Sazh
5*... Celes

Well I can't bitch about not getting 5* units anymore I guess.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
gently caress. :( Sorry dude.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

gently caress. :( Sorry dude.

The good news is I now have an Equip H Shield TM just from smashing Charlottes! And another one started...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I laughed too much at this not to share it. It's a "chart" visualizing the pulls you'd get before you'd get Noctis on average. Just replace it with Charlotte heads instead.
Don't chase 5*s kids.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That is loving awesome.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cross-posting from the Record Keeper thread for any gangtag wanters.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Cross-posting from the Record Keeper thread for any gangtag wanters.

Some of us can't afford a gang tag since we spend all our money on 3 and 4 star pixel dudes and dudettes! :colbert:

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 22, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

deathbagel posted:

Some of us can't afford a gang tag since we spend all our money on 3 and 4 star pixel dudes and dudettes! :colbert:

So the appropriate gang tag would be Bediles and "Failed Whales", then? :v:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

HGH posted:

Nope, not worth it. 3 orbs is around 30 arena points which is an item from the arena board. I'd value a smart pot or megacite more than 5 lapis but how you do it is up to you.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'd buy myself an animated Bedile-tar of his idle or attack animations if someone can find it.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

HGH posted:

I laughed too much at this not to share it. It's a "chart" visualizing the pulls you'd get before you'd get Noctis on average. Just replace it with Charlotte heads instead.
Don't chase 5*s kids.

Let's say you want to be sure you're going to get Noctis, and let's say he's actual a 0.5% chance to pull, as that link implies.

Okay, that's 1/200. On average, you'd expect to have to do 200 pulls to get Noctis. Maybe you get lucky, maybe not. Some people get lucky and pull Noctis on try 3, or 5, or 10, or 20. But many people will get unlucky.

How certain do you want to be to pull Noctis?

50%? That's actually earlier than you'd expect. After 139 pulls, you'll have just over a 50% chance of pulling Noctis. Coin flip.

But say you're the dad from Charlie and the Chocolate factory, and you just have to have Noctis, costs be damned.

80% certainty? You'll need to do around 321 pulls.

90%? 460 pulls.

95% - the same rate D&D gives you not to critically fail? A mere 548 pulls.

But no, you want 99% for your precious? That's 919 pulls.

And if you're Jack Welch demanding GE's fabled six sigma success rate, 99.99966% certainty that something isn't going to fail? Only a 1 in 3.4 million chance of it? You won't get there until 2512 pulls.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

I might shell out the dough for a bedile-atar I'll be honest.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Decided to spend another five tickets just because. THREE CHARLOTTE.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

KataraniSword posted:

Haha, I'd be down with that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I put the bundle lapis into supercharging my TM grinding and I don't regret it yet!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, funny how these things work. I did 2x11 pulls, no Noctis. Then yesterday I got a wild hair up my rear end, another 11 pull, junk.

I just did my half-price daily, crystal floating down is not blue and definitely not gold. Is it.... hah, yes. Well OK, then.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KataraniSword posted:

I'm more partial to ~Bedile Boys~ but that's just me.

Anyway I still haven't put any equipment on my exdeath and he's still murdering dudes good in the arena :shrug: I guess I should just max out the other two I have and enjoy arena victories forever.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
God this is driving me nuts I'm 4 lousy calamity gems away from a 6 star noctis and all I seem to get out of the maze are calamity writs or prismatic horns. I've got like 30 of each now and throughout the billions of runs I've made I caught 2 gems so far. It's like this drat game knows exactly what I'm going for and gives me everything but just to torture me into doing a bunch of refills to grind like a lunatic. Just give me my gems drat you!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Arena resets tommorow right?

or should I say, as soon as it hits friday?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 22, 2016

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I GOT GILGAMESH FROM A TICKET I WIN

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
:frogsiren: Fenrir got Noctis, you can resume hating him now. :frogsiren:

:toot: Grats Fenrir. :)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
So I farmed a bunch of lapis today doing missions, and got the 300 lapis thingy... so I had a daily pull and 3 total tickets (one was a leftover)

Krile'd for my daily

Tickets:
Hope #3
Chizuru #5
Miyuki #6

...I can farm another 500 lapis tomorrow on missions, gently caress it, burn it all...

*buys some cup noodles*

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Got my 4th Bartz. Odds of there ever being another unit after Garland that benefits greatly from double hand?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

So I farmed a bunch of lapis today doing missions, and got the 300 lapis thingy... so I had a daily pull and 3 total tickets (one was a leftover)

Krile'd for my daily

Tickets:
Hope #3
Chizuru #5
Miyuki #6

...I can farm another 500 lapis tomorrow on missions, gently caress it, burn it all...

*buys some cup noodles*

I do not believe anything you say boy. You must be several hundred if not thousand dollars in with all the 5* bases you pull regularly. This can happen once or twice maybe but not on this regular basis. I just hope for you that you wont regret spending this much on a game later on. Happy for you anyway.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Golden Fang.
Golden Agrias (#3)
Regular Duane.

That's all for today. The 300 Lapis holiday bundle might have to outright replace my daily draw for a while, can't really sustainably do both. I've only got the first half of Olderion left to harvest for Lapis.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

y'all and your multiple 5*s are either mega whales or apk injecting, you can't fool me any longer :colbert:

:colbert: it's okay goons, we can talk about this, we wont judge you

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Wow, I was so happy coming in here to post that I finally pulled a Mercedes and here is Fenrir with his 4th rainbow and 3rd base 5* character.

Now I'm salty, so very salty.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PaybackJack posted:

Wow, I was so happy coming in here to post that I finally pulled a Mercedes and here is Fenrir with his 4th rainbow and 3rd base 5* character.

Now I'm salty, so very salty.

Congratulations on pulling a great unit, nonetheless. Please consume salt in moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It warms my heart to see someone like Fenrir pull multiple 5*s without spending (much) and then seeing posts by whales raging and quitting when they couldn't get Noctis with $500 of pulls or whatever. I will admit I was less enthused when I hadn't ever pulled a 5* myself, but now that I have :toot: grats

• Locked thread