Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I'd say Zoro is better in the dub too, also Nami but she's the worst straw hat so eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Gave in and read the spoilers. :stare: Thursday can't come soon enough. That's all I'm going to say for now.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
If the spoilers are floating around it's probably gonna be out before tonight.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Those are some heavy loving spoilers.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Saw something claiming to be spoilers. If true shits bout to go off.

Is this an extended "double" issue?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Last Celebration posted:

If the spoilers are floating around it's probably gonna be out before tonight.

but I wanna read it nowwwwww

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I shall console myself with no One Piece next week by reading the new omnibus; it covers immediately after That Punch to partway through Impel Down.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Onmi posted:

Those are some heavy loving spoilers.

:agreed:

Already can't wait to see what happens next.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crazyeyes posted:

Saw something claiming to be spoilers. If true shits bout to go off.

Is this an extended "double" issue?

Yeah, this is a completely non extended "double" issue. We'll get a chapter this week, nothing next week, and then another chapter the week after. Unless Oda is on break.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So apparently spoilers for the next chapter have Puddig actually being evil or something and she and Big Mom are planning to kill all the Vinsmokes

Can anyone confirm?

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 21, 2016

KoB
May 1, 2009
Spoilers are usually totally fuckin wrong so who knows.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I believe that as much as Luffy believes Sanji wants to leave the crew.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wednesday spoilers are always right but lol if im gonna read them this week

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You all knew this was coming anyway, don't deny it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Look, I just don't know how much more Sanji's mighty heart can take before it breaks. Just please don't let [next chapter spoiler I read]Pudding be evil. She should still be neutral to good and join the Strawhats as Sanji's wife/sous chef.

Unless that's what gives us Sanji's complete break. In which case I'm 100% on board.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It sounds like a dumb fan reading tbh. Like I can see Pudding turning on Germa to stop the wedding, but it sounds like they're then concluding "so therefore she's eeeeevil!".

Which is dumb.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im telling you, if that spoiler was posted on AP in the spoiler forum by the usual dudes, its legit.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gyges posted:

I believe that as much as Luffy believes Sanji wants to leave the crew.

I presume you mean not at all and are being sarcastic, but he does actually have serious doubts and has verbally expressed that doubt on a couple of occasions. He doesn't believe the show Sanji put on on Whole Cake Island, or that he's betrayed them, but he does think it's possible he wants to leave the crew to get married. The reason he snuck in to the wedding is explicitly that he wants to ask Sanji himself what he wants, rather than take the word of others. He explained as much to the Minks.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

I presume you mean not at all and are being sarcastic, but he does actually have serious doubts and has verbally expressed that doubt on a couple of occasions. He doesn't believe the show Sanji put on on Whole Cake Island, or that he's betrayed them, but he does think it's possible he wants to leave the crew to get married. The reason he snuck in to the wedding is explicitly that he wants to ask Sanji himself what he wants, rather than take the word of others. He explained as much to the Minks.

I actually meant the whole song and dance about how Sanji thinks he's better than the rest of the crew. Obviously anyone should at least consider the possibility that Sanji wants to marry a pretty lady. Leaving the crew is unlikely though, so Luffy's big issue is that if Sanji marries the pretty lady the wrong way that'll make Luffy someone else's subordinate, which is antithetical to the Dao De Luffy.

Thus the mision is to "stealthily" crash the wedding, carefully broach the question of delicate feelings, find a diplomatic solution, bring back Sanji, and sail on to a new adventure, Monkey D. Luffy style.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 22, 2016

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wish Franky would promo more back like he did in his Water 7 days, those were the best

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ohboyohboyohboyohboy

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Chapter's up
:magical:

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Ohboyohboyohboyohboy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

legg benedict.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Spoilers didn't lie. Pudding is pretty drat evil!

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Sanji is gonna SNAP. I'm betting this is the end of his "won't hit women" policy. Or at least we'll get a Nami fight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

jassa posted:

i still believe

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

man I really wanna see how this is gonna turn out, future chapters can't be released fast enough

one piece has been getting better and better since leacing dressrosa

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

jassa posted:

I'm not sure. I mean why tell anyone and not just let it happen, why attack Reiju who was going to let the wedding happen. It makes no sense. I feel like this is some sort of ploy to get the Germa to back out of the alliance and free Sanji, because if Reiju escaped there's no way in hell they go through with this. Plus Big Mom has kept all her wedding alliances in the past, why back out of this one now? I just feel something is very off with this reveal, because her actions make no sense.

Also Mangastreams transalation is atrocious this week with all that excessive swearing.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Grouchio posted:

Ohboyohboyohboyohboy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

legg benedict.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Asuron posted:

Also Mangastreams transalation is atrocious this week with all that excessive swearing.

A hebi (snake) and Smoker

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Asuron posted:

I'm not sure. I mean why tell anyone and not just let it happen, why attack Reiju who was going to let the wedding happen. It makes no sense. I feel like this is some sort of ploy to get the Germa to back out of the alliance and free Sanji, because if Reiju escaped there's no way in hell they go through with this. Plus Big Mom has kept all her wedding alliances in the past, why back out of this one now? I just feel something is very off with this reveal, because her actions make no sense.

I think it very much depends on how much effort she ends up putting into killing Reiju.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I'm so loving glad. I have no idea besides HOT GIRL why everybody was so enamored with Pudding. This poo poo sounds like Monet all over again. It's just a girl from an arc, she was never going to join the crew, and frankly this heel turn was only not obvious because Oda cleverly painted it as too obvious to be true. Which it then, was. Well played.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Advice posted:

I'm so loving glad. I have no idea besides HOT GIRL why everybody was so enamored with Pudding. This poo poo sounds like Monet all over again. It's just a girl from an arc, she was never going to join the crew, and frankly this heel turn was only not obvious because Oda cleverly painted it as too obvious to be true. Which it then, was. Well played.

Probably because people enjoyed the fact she and Sanji got along, that she had an unresolved power (third eye)and that she was generally pretty nice to everyone and helped them. I'm with Asuron that this is too weird a thing to be completely straight, since there's not just no reason to say it to Reiju, but no reason to help the Strawhats get there in the first place if that's true. Either she has some split personality going on with the third eye and that's what she meant by acting, or she's trying to gently caress up the wedding before it happens. That or she's really in to causing maximum suffering I guess. At least now we know what happened to Reiju though.

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 22, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't believe Baron Tamago has an attack called Legg Benedict.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tsob posted:

Probably because people enjoyed the fact she and Sanji got along, that she had an unresolved power (third eye)and that she was generally pretty nice to everyone and helped them. I'm with Asuron that this is too weird a thing to be completely straight, since there's not just no reason to say it to Reiju, but no reason to help the Strawhats get there in the first place if that's true. Either she has some split personality going on with the third eye and that's what she meant by acting, or she's trying to gently caress up the wedding before it happens. That or she's really in to causing maximum suffering I guess. At least now we know what happened to Reiju though.

I could totally see the split personality thing, tho her just being legit evil wouldn't surprise me either

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

So does anyone know how much Oda likes 3x3 Eyes?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Pureauthor posted:

I can't believe Baron Tamago has an attack called Legg Benedict.

I know. Clearly it should have been a attack with both legs so he could call it Leggs Benedict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
"Big Mom sends her regards"

I think Oda has been watching Game of Thrones.