Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

89 posted:

if it's only like $25 a month with my insurance

:laffo:

Insurance will laugh harder than that, and add a zero to the end of the dollar amount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
u turds wanna know how to bulk?

get beeefy

stolen shamelessly from the costco thread

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Slice of Costco pizza has 760 calories

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
that's impressive

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

that's impressive

A full take-out pizza from Costco has 6 of those sized slices.

It costs $9.95.

Thats 4020 calories. 404 calories per dollar.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

A full take-out pizza from Costco has 6 of those sized slices.

It costs $9.95.

Thats 4020 calories. 404 calories per dollar.
Almost the calorie/dollar of poptarts.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
that pizza looks really good right now

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

u turds wanna know how to bulk?

get beeefy

stolen shamelessly from the costco thread

That looks like heart failure covered in mustard.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pesmerga posted:

That looks like heart failure covered in mustard.

You sound weak as gently caress.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

You sound weak as gently caress.

Yeah. :smith:

But I can get stronger!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pesmerga posted:

Yeah. :smith:

But I can get stronger!

You know what to do eat.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

You know what to do eat.

None of that looks like carne asada to me :colbert:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Where is everyone? Have you all given up swole for Christmas? This morning I lifted 55kg overhead press and I wanted to talk about it and be told how weak I am.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Im too busy getting swole....... by eating steak n shake burgers

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

ill fit some lifting in some where

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im busy posting about videogame characters sexuality

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

im playing the new tomb raider and i gotta say laura crafts sexuality is top notch

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'm playing Dishonored 2 when I have the time and everyone has really big hands :stare:

naem
May 29, 2011

Corned beef hash in a soup mug 11:00 p.m.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

I'm playing Dishonored 2 when I have the time and everyone has really big hands :stare:

Peoples faces in the dishonored series really weird me out!

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Battlefield 1 on PC. If anyone plays that and wants to add me I'm Jfungus.

My thumb is slowly getting better, haven't done anything exciting or strong in the gym all week. :smith:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Constipated posted:

Battlefield 1 on PC. If anyone plays that and wants to add me I'm Jfungus.

My thumb is slowly getting better, haven't done anything exciting or strong in the gym all week. :smith:

But when you get back to it you'll make some new PRs :shobon:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

Where is everyone? Have you all given up swole for Christmas? This morning I lifted 55kg overhead press and I wanted to talk about it and be told how weak I am.

i was going to post last night my workout went good and I did squats without a hint of knee pain. But i figured i'd get made fun of regardless. I used 2.5 plates under my heels since I'm high bar squatting, which is making me consider getting squat shoes. not because I *need* them at my level but because the shoes I have are ratty and I just would feel better squatting in something more stable.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Yeah hopefully. I'm excited to squat tomorrow, I was super tired last week so it shouldn't be too hard to beat that workout.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i was going to post last night my workout went good and I did squats without a hint of knee pain. But i figured i'd get made fun of regardless. I used 2.5 plates under my heels since I'm high bar squatting, which is making me consider getting squat shoes. not because I *need* them at my level but because the shoes I have are ratty and I just would feel better squatting in something more stable.

My shoes are super ratty, have been contemplating getting some adipower 2's. They seem to get alot of praise everywhere I've looked.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Bro Tip: Don't buy 5.5lbs of banana flavored protein powder. The life choices I have to live with sometimes. It tastes fine, but I am really not hyped to drink banana flavored protein powder. They also colored it yellow for some loving reason. Bananas are white enough on the inside to not be a cross between crusty pollen yellow and pastel-neon toxic yellow in my protein drink god drat. It looks like I'm drinking some liquefied yellow linoleum from the '70s or some poo poo. It doesn't help that I eat real bananas everyday so this was just a bad call all around.

Strawberry is real good like by far my favorite. Stevia Strawberry from MyProtein is amazing and cheap as heck on sale usually. Avoid if you dislike stevia.

Pesmerga posted:

I'm saving ohp prs for the first week of january. If any new people are there at midnight I am gonna either scare them off or motivate them depending on what kind of new person they are. I mean the third type just ignores me. I guess I don't look at people while they lift so this is probably what will happen. It's also pretty unlikely new people will be there at midnight, but starting december there have been 2-3 new people who are there at midnight on various days so anything is possible.

Lately I just do it as an accessory on deadlift+bench days and I superset hamstring curls or lat pulldowns or something. I kind of prefer light weight, high volume for overhead press because my left shoulder has something that "catches" on the way down and sends that "you're gonna be in a world of pain son" impulse except the pain never comes. Going lighter avoids this.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 22, 2016

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Constipated posted:

Yeah hopefully. I'm excited to squat tomorrow, I was super tired last week so it shouldn't be too hard to beat that workout.

My shoes are super ratty, have been contemplating getting some adipower 2's. They seem to get alot of praise everywhere I've looked.

Yeah, I don't feel I need to spend a lot of money though. I figure anything a bit under 100 would be reasonable. I hadn't really looked into it much yet so I'm not sure what I'll be able to swing with that.

e: a quick google shoes that won't get me loving poo poo. Ugh. I don't like using plates under my feet, it's weird trying to get a stance that feels good, as well as have them aligned evenly on the plate.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Dec 22, 2016

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Someone posted in the general ylls thread that they sell these http://www.michaelcohenweightlifting.com/shop on eBay for around $50. I'd buy em.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Hrm, I know with this stuff it's really the function of it, but those are goddamn hideous. Would these suck? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019EM5Y0...40_S&th=1&psc=1 I don't think that's a huge heel lift, but I doubt I really need a big one. Just something solid to squat in.

e: the black ones you linked aren't too bad. Hrm.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Chuck Taylor shoes are like $20, don't be an idiot and don't buy $50 shoes for the gym.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I love my powerlift2.0s.

Chucks are a starting strength troll.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
is fifty dollars a lot of money for you poors

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Pesmerga posted:

Same but 195 pounds.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I havebeen lifting in chucks since I started 10years ago and I squat and bench a lot. However Kai Greene always shills for these https://www.ryderwear.com/shoes.html so now that I have money I am gonna buy a pair. I will trip report whenever they show up 6 months from now since shipping to Korea blows.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

is fifty dollars a lot of money for you poors

Yeah it's a lot of money.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Also lmao if you spend more than $5 each on your workout shirt and shorts.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
just work out completely naked, imo

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nudelifts 69x69

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Got a big ol crockpot brisket I'm taking to chow town 2nite

Zzulu
May 15, 2009