Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I'm going to have to save up the lunch money mom gives me for weeks!!! :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
just make some "flexing" videos in the locker room after your lifts that u can sell for easy money

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

the more you spend on gettin swol't the more you'll make when you release your sex tapes

it's a beautiful cycle :swoon:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i wonder how much kai greene made from the video of him loving a melon

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Hatebag posted:

Nudelifts 69x69

420 supersets after

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

FedEx Mercury posted:

Also lmao if you spend more than $5 each on your workout shirt and shorts.

My workout shirts are the oldest and rattiest of my previously non-workout shirts. The workout clothes shelf is where my old t-shirts go to die.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I was a cheapass for about 20 years buying Walmart tennis shoes... Then one day on a whim I tried some $80 Nike trainers, and God drat, you can feel the difference.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
i bought my romaleos for 80 dollars and my crossfit lite trs for 35. adipowers were like 80 on 6pm last week but they're 140 now. you'll probably be able to save up enough lunch money by the time another deal shows up

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Khorne posted:

Bro Tip: Don't buy 5.5lbs of banana flavored protein powder. The life choices I have to live with sometimes. It tastes fine, but I am really not hyped to drink banana flavored protein powder. They also colored it yellow for some loving reason. Bananas are white enough on the inside to not be a cross between crusty pollen yellow and pastel-neon toxic yellow in my protein drink god drat. It looks like I'm drinking some liquefied yellow linoleum from the '70s or some poo poo. It doesn't help that I eat real bananas everyday so this was just a bad call all around.
I had to but banana mango over the summer when I was in Istanbul. poo poo was the worst.

Aaaaah, that feeling at the end of a pyramid set where even the bar is heavy. Chest and arms: hosed.

Messed around on some of the other random poo poo they had at this small gym back in California. Climbed a 20' rope with a 20 lb vest on after that pyramid set. What's the worst that could happen? I fall and break a leg? Eh, it was fun and hard. Like my glutes.

Burrito time.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Constipated posted:

Battlefield 1 on PC. If anyone plays that and wants to add me I'm Jfungus.

Will add you later.

Lifting suffering this week because all our patients think they will literally die if they don't see us at the last second for their minor aches that have been bothering them since 1973

:commissar:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
PRed with a 4 plate squat today. Am I strong yet?

Is this the correct depth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clkKVcOs3Y

Ended the year at 195/290/405/455 for OHP/BP/DL/Squat. Pretty happy with 5/3/1. I think I gained about 50 pounds on each.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 23, 2016

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

bamhand posted:

Ended the year at 195/290/405/455 for OHP/BP/DL/Squat. Pretty happy with 5/3/1. I think I gained about 50 pounds on each.

its pretty hard to tell and you lift a hell of a lot more than me and for longer so take this with a grain of salt but im pretty sure its really bad for your knees when they are not stable at the bottom like that and you should prob work on that much more than a greater range of motion

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm pretty sure that's just how knees look when you squat, man.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

again he squats way more than me so i could very well be wrong (and would love to be corrected by those who know/lift a lot more than me) but no im pretty sure your knees should be as stable as possible when squatting, heres an article (talking specifically about how at his deepest before he comes up his knees come inwards suddenly rather than a smooth motion)
https://squatuniversity.com/2016/01/07/the-squat-fix-knee-stability-pt-1/

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Why do you lift in the dark lol

good lift tho

Khorne
May 1, 2002
His knees don't go in and stay out the whole time though?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Khorne posted:

His knees don't go in and stay out the whole time though?

i could be wrong my squat forms p lovely when i go above baby weights!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Fallows posted:

Why do you lift in the dark lol

good lift tho

It's a lovely goon basement and I just have a desklamp for lighting. Don't need to see to make gains.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

bamhand posted:

Whats your body weight

These are almost exactly what I hit at 200lbs in the middle of the summer on gear except I do not squat

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
208 right now, pretty fat. I'd like to be under 200 and get a 200 OHP. I use a belt for OHP and straps for deadlift gear wise.

menpoop
Jul 29, 2004

Girls aren't the only ones who take dumps, you know...
I don't think he's talking about straps and poo poo.

I just missed my 485 deadlift attempt today at the end of Jacked and Tan 2.0. Heavier and weaker than I was 4 years ago when I was at my strongest but I look better :coal:

Really enjoyed the program. Gonna run this poo poo again and see what happens

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tolkien minority posted:

its pretty hard to tell and you lift a hell of a lot more than me and for longer so take this with a grain of salt but im pretty sure its really bad for your knees when they are not stable at the bottom like that and you should prob work on that much more than a greater range of motion

I'm not that strong but here's an incorrect, unimportant detail that keeps me from getting stronger!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'm not that strong but here's an incorrect, unimportant detail that keeps me from getting stronger!

and as a result of that post i got corrected and learned something and all i had to deal with was a couple douchy replies in gbs :)

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tolkien minority posted:

and as a result of that post i got corrected and learned something and all i had to deal with was a couple douchy replies in gbs :)

Another goon will fill your void. They always do.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

bamhand posted:

do you lift in a loving hole in the ground or something why's it so dark

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

bamhand posted:

Bloody hell. :stare:

I'm at 121/227/330/290 at 150lb, and I dream of those numbers...one day...

One day.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I don't really like chuck taylors, but I'd be fine with a solid flat shoe if I were still low bar squatting. I wouldn't mind something with a little lift now though, since with high bar you break at the knees. And as mentioned before, a little extra lift and further knee travel seems to bother my knee less for some reason. Mainly I just would like a solid feeling shoe to squat in. I honestly think my current ones might be wore out unevenly. They have about a year of 50-70 hour work weeks, also walking inside the oven here and there fucks with the rubber a bit. When I squat I could sweat it feels a little like there is a slight inward slope in the shoes. I don't think it's my arches, but who knows maybe that's another part of my body my job is destroying.

e: good workout tonight. Had my first time loving up plate math, I was going for an easy 8 reps with 120 and noticed it was 125 at the end. I feel like my bench is progressing although I haven't actually tested my 5 or 1 rep max since swapping to this program. Going to give it a few weeks before I try any of that.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 23, 2016

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
lmao what the gently caress a year of 70 hour weeks those shoes died 6 months ago. did you even replace the insoles?? why do you use one pair of shoes for everything?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
mostly im lazy and bad at making myself get out and do things. partially, everything at work gets ruined with instapak anyway but i could get a smock or something to cover myself when I use it. After Christmas I do plan on getting new shoes, clothes, etc.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

Green light goongrats.

Way below parallel.

I've ended my lifting year with *symptoms of the start of a cold* so gently caress it I'm not leaving the house till new year.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

bamhand posted:

Why is your squat higher then your deadlift?

Also I wish I could squat as deep as you, I can barely get below parallel. V. Nice.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

E_P posted:

Also I wish I could squat as deep as you, I can barely get below parallel. V. Nice.

Same. Every time I go lower my knees say "gently caress YOU, rear end in a top hat" for a few days.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

E_P posted:

Whoops the numbers are reversed, 405 for squat and 455 for deadlift.

atrophy bf
Jan 4, 2005

TFLC's most selfless fitness motivator

E_P posted:

yeh, but nobody can dance like you

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

jld posted:

yeh, but nobody can dance like you

Oh memories :3:

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Man I wish I'd started lifting years ago. I'm still squatting baby weights and the strength gains are already enough to un-gently caress my knee. I ran distance today for the first time in years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

510 deadlift

https://instagram.com/p/BOYHXVKA8l6/

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

I was most impressed with how you did the lift immediately. I usually need to spend a good minute psyching myself up to do a lift.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bamhand posted:

I was most impressed how you did the lift immediately. I usually need to spend a good minute psyching myself up to do a lift.

I do that like thirty feet away then sprint to the bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

FizFashizzle posted:

I do that like thirty feet away then sprint to the bar

Nice.