Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Franchescanado posted:

Did you not include YouTube in that? Because they're both the top results.

I mean in an official capacity and not someone posting them on YouTube with nobody caring enough to flag it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gavok posted:

I put together a bigass guide to watching MST3K the official way. Basically a big list of every episode and where they're legally available.

Strangely, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and Prince of Space aren't available anywhere right now.

SCCTM is surprising, I would've expected it to at least be a Shout Select title. I'm sure it'll pop up as a streaming title sooner or later. Might be a good Rifftrax Monday release this month....

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd imagine SCCtM will get re-released when Shout! Factory gets the Essentials, which came out between volumes 5 & 6.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Gavok posted:

I put together a bigass guide to watching MST3K the official way. Basically a big list of every episode and where they're legally available.

Strangely, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and Prince of Space aren't available anywhere right now.

This is great ! Thanks!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
And with Diabolik, I complete my run through the series.

Now onto the Rifftrax library. See you in six months!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

muscles like this! posted:

So re-replying to this post because Joel actually explained how to get the KTMA episodes if you didn't back the Kickstarter. Basically you go to https://mst3k.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/68623 and the $40 buy in gets you a bunch of stuff and the lost episodes.

Cheers for this!

Meanwhile, trying to decide this evening between Jungle Goddess and Rocket Attack USA. Help me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ms Boods posted:

Cheers for this!

Meanwhile, trying to decide this evening between Jungle Goddess and Rocket Attack USA. Help me.

Having just rewatched both, I like Jungle Goddess slightly better, if only because it has one of my top 5 host segments in the first two seasons, a supremely silly one in which a condescending imperialist visits the ship (played by Mike Nelson), and does things like demonstrate fire to the bots.

Plus, I think the first episode of Phantom Creeps is a bit more watchable.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Did Shout!Factory begin reprinting MST3K volumes starting from Vol.I? Sorry if I'm late to the discussion, I've just noticed new titles on Amazon. Is the content any different from the original release?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ringu0 posted:

Did Shout!Factory begin reprinting MST3K volumes starting from Vol.I? Sorry if I'm late to the discussion, I've just noticed new titles on Amazon. Is the content any different from the original release?

They've done 1-3, with 4 scheduled for next month. Other than the packaging (4 discs in a single case), the contents are identical to the Rhino releases.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Late to the party, but I want to state my odd affection for Warrior of the Lost World and its daffy vision of a post-apocalyptic world, with lush green countrysides, communes of toga-wearing new-agers with magical healing powers, and jackbooted police-state goons with submachine guns that sound like Wham-O air blasters. Also the rag-tag group of rebels that includes black Nazis, white ninjas, and the Beige Berets. And Megaweapon.

Though, I could do without that one guy... what was his name? He was in The Paper Chase...

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Megaweapon was the true protagonist.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Davros1 posted:

They've done 1-3, with 4 scheduled for next month. Other than the packaging (4 discs in a single case), the contents are identical to the Rhino releases.

Not exactly. Volume 1 adds a bit about the Creep Behind the Camera, and Volumes 2 & 3 add the Mystery Science Hour wraps to the episodes that had them (Cave Dwellers, Pod People, and the Unearthly).

Regardless of new content, I'm buying the re-releases since I didn't get them the first time - I didn't want to give Jim Mallon all that money when he owned the rights to MST3K.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 16, 2016

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm almost all the way through season 3, and somehow I am already missing the monster friend to children everywhere, Gamera. I'm looking forward to season 4, though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Master Ninja is just... so weird. What is this bizarre show, that ran on NBC right around the same time as Cheers, and had Demi Moore, that girl from Wings, and George Lazenby in it?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Kickin' theme song, though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bicyclops posted:

Master Ninja is just... so weird. What is this bizarre show, that ran on NBC right around the same time as Cheers, and had Demi Moore, that girl from Wings, and George Lazenby in it?

It was called "The Master" when it aired on NBC, and it was standard fair for an action show at the time. Hell, CBS had their own Ninja-themed show a decade later called "Raven".

Hogama posted:

Kickin' theme song, though.

This is the truth, even if it was taken from a James Bond movie.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's hilarious because they're so brutal on Tim Van Patten, who went on to have an amazing career working on some of the best TV shows ever like The Wire, The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood etc.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
I know that when I saw "Director Timothy Van Patten" come up on the first episode of Game of Thrones, I just about did a spit-take.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Thanks. The movies on these disks, they aren't in any particular order, are they?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

ringu0 posted:

Thanks. The movies on these disks, they aren't in any particular order, are they?

They're in chronological order in the case, if that's what you mean.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Mister Kingdom posted:

They're in chronological order in the case, if that's what you mean.

I mean it's not like it's Season 1 episode 1 through 4, these are more or less random episodes from random seasons, packaged, as you said, in chronological order.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I think I'm cursed to hear this as "cah-vay" in my head for the rest of my life.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

ringu0 posted:

I mean it's not like it's Season 1 episode 1 through 4, these are more or less random episodes from random seasons, packaged, as you said, in chronological order.

Yeah, pretty much. It's down to getting the rights for each movie - they didn't get video rights when the episodes were made, and the movie rights are all over the place. The remaining few are basically owned by companies that refused or are in limbo. But they basically release them as they get the right approvals.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

ringu0 posted:

This.

They try to get two each Joel & Mike eps whenever possible.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

On the one hand, Comet needs to buy some more episodes; this is my fourth time watching Killer Shrews. On the other hand, this is my fourth time watching Killer Shrews :allears:

I don't even like dogs usually, but something about them in those ridiculous costumes makes me go all dawwwwwww.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So the CEO of Funko posted a list of upcoming releases in the POP! Vinyl figures line:

I am not at all ashamed to say I am all over that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Married with Children?

Yes please

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

What are the odds we are getting figures of MST movie characters?im guessing no?

I would totally buy all 20 or so identical David Ryder funkopops of each box had a different name on it.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

BigRed0427 posted:

What are the odds we are getting figures of MST movie characters?im guessing no?
I'd guess zero, since MST3k wouldn't own merchandising rights for any of the films. Maybe a few that have fallen into public domain?

I don't like Funko's weird cartoony style, though I'd consider buying a Torgo figure.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A Creeping Terror would be pretty cool though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It'll probably just be the bots at first, maybe Jonah, Joel, and Mike later.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was watching an older Rifftrax feature last night, Missile to the Moon and one of the escaped convicts seemed really familiar to me. I decided to look him up today and he was played by Tommy Cook, who was the gangster boyfriend in Teen-Age Crime Wave.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watched The Mole People last night and the decision to open with a 10-minute lecture on the hollow Earth theory was a bold one. Ran out of rock climbing footage to pad out the film, I guess?

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Down...down...down to the very nipple of the world

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
OMG OMG OMG

I just got a shipping notification

The kickstart goods are on the way

The Martians have saved Christmas!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.zazzle.com/theofficialmst3k
Im excited about my tiki mug. But the this crap is stinky

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.zazzle.com/theofficialmst3k
Im excited about my tiki mug. But the this crap is stinky

Why would they make branded stuff that says "Mystery Science Theater 3000" and not stuff that says "Gizmonic Institute" :psyduck:

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

hhhat posted:

OMG OMG OMG

I got a post card in the mail couple days ago from MST3k. It was awesome!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hhhat posted:

OMG OMG OMG

I got my postcard this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

muscles like this! posted:

I got my postcard this week.

Same. Is that what the new shipping notifications are for, or is this for the rest of the stuff?

I need to know what that mystery gift is :negative: