Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

That's pretty clearly not a creature at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Uncounterable timewalk with buyback isn't much of a creature.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

The March Hare posted:

Uncounterable timewalk with buyback isn't much of a creature.

Normally you need a creature to give your Time Walks buyback which is why nobody has ever done it before.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

Normally you need a creature to give your Time Walks buyback which is why nobody has ever done it before.

Do you even Magic??

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

Casting it off omniscience doesnt count.

You can't go changing the rules. I cast it all the time!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Elyv posted:

Do you even Magic??

Nobody has ever done that.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Elyv posted:

Do you even Magic??

As soon as Fastbond is unbanned in Legacy my day will come again

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

As soon as Fastbond is unbanned in Legacy my day will come again

Ye olde 7 card combo: 3 islands, zuran orb, fastbond, crucible, lovely timewalk. Take infinite turns.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

At least one of which is a Tropical Island.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Not necessarily, you could cast fastbond off mox diamond or basic forest too.

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!
Anybody have a cool Death's Shadow list for Legacy I can mess around with? I found a couple random ones online but they don't look that great.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

RoflcopterPilot posted:

Anybody have a cool Death's Shadow list for Legacy I can mess around with? I found a couple random ones online but they don't look that great.

Someone posted one a few pages back but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

L0cke17 posted:

Ye olde 7 card combo: 3 islands, zuran orb, fastbond, crucible, lovely timewalk. Take infinite turns.

Also infinite life and mana

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

RoflcopterPilot posted:

I've been experimenting with two different builds, with and without a street wraith / reanimate package. Here are where they both are presently:

This may just be a worse BUG delver, tarmogoyf overall is likely more reliable than death's shadow, but the games where you get to go to 1 and swing with a 24/12 trampler backed by force/flusterstorm are pretty exciting.

Maindeck reanimate is also funny against RBx reanimator decks that aren't expecting it and pass turn with a fatty in the yard.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 24, 2016

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Modern is such garbage right now holy poo poo.

Dredge, Death's Shadow...

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

empathe posted:

Modern is such garbage right now holy poo poo.

Dredge, Death's Shadow...

...infect, burn

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

actually it's full of sweet decks, like Ponza, Suicide Bloo, and Elves

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

actually it's full of sweet decks, like Ponza, Suicide Bloo, and Elves

Pod, Twin.

Oh wait.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Bought myself a NM Lotus for Christmas. I don't own any other power... but have every popular/ top tier Legacy deck. Time to break the bank and play some Vintage!

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Ville Valo posted:

Bought myself a NM Lotus for Christmas. I don't own any other power... but have every popular/ top tier Legacy deck. Time to break the bank and play some Vintage!

Do it!!! Also post pictures!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Ville Valo posted:

what's your day job

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Tim Raines IRL posted:

what's your day job

Everyone who plays vintage is in finance or technology except for me. And I'm even kinda in technology.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ville Valo posted:

deepest condolences

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Tim Raines IRL posted:

what's your day job

Vidya game designer.

L0cke17 posted:

Do it!!! Also post pictures!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
How do you bring yourself to shuffle a Lotus

Or do you just use a proxy and pull the real one out to verify you own it or what

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

How do you bring yourself to shuffle a Lotus

You put it in a deck with 59 other cards, double or triple sleeved, and shuffle them together.

Soul Glo posted:

Or do you just use a proxy and pull the real one out to verify you own it or what

Only if you want a game loss.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Eh, gently caress it, just play it unsleeved and riffle, life is short

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If you never plan on selling it who cares.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Our store owner played for the longest time with an absolutely perfect set of Beta power. Single-sleeved.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

GoutPatrol posted:

If you never plan on selling it who cares.

pretty much, but at that point you might as well buy an sp (or even mp) one and save some cash.

though you probably shouldn't buy one of those online, you'd want to see in person what exactly someone means by "slightly played"

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Ville Valo posted:

Vidya game designer.
Right on. Are the hours as bad as I've heard? I've stayed on the non-game side of dev stuff for long enough that I don't think I'll ever make the jump.

quote:

:captainpop:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Tim Raines IRL posted:

Right on. Are the hours as bad as I've heard? I've stayed on the non-game side of dev stuff for long enough that I don't think I'll ever make the jump.

They can be. I think I've paid my dues and I'm now at a studio that takes care of its devs, thank god.

This baby'll be double sleeved at all times, but it's definitely getting played. I shuffle very gently as it is, but i'll be extra careful now. :suicide:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Ville Valo posted:

Vidya game designer.

:circlefap:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Finally managed to vial in a Leovold in response to brainstorm (jace +0) and it was as thrilling as I'd hoped, opponent scooped.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I've been experimenting with two different builds, with and without a street wraith / reanimate package. Here are where they both are presently:

This may just be a worse BUG delver, tarmogoyf overall is likely more reliable than death's shadow, but the games where you get to go to 1 and swing with a 24/12 trampler backed by force/flusterstorm are pretty exciting.

Maindeck reanimate is also funny against RBx reanimator decks that aren't expecting it and pass turn with a fatty in the yard.

Being at 1 with force backup does not seem terribly exciting unless you have 3UU up.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I have about 3000 old cards to sort through. Is there a preferred card sorting plastic thingie and is there a preferred web site to sort with?? I need to finally rid myself of these fuckin things.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

signalnoise posted:

I have about 3000 old cards to sort through. Is there a preferred card sorting plastic thingie and is there a preferred web site to sort with?? I need to finally rid myself of these fuckin things.

Organize by set, use the visualizer on dawnglare (http://mtg.dawnglare.com) and go through the sets to see if you have anything of value. Pull the valuable ones, anything over $1 note their condition and try to sell them here or online. All the other stuff just bunch together in a lot and sell for a flat rate which will be much less than what you paid for and you'll probably feel bad.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Dehtraen posted:

Organize by set, use the visualizer on dawnglare (http://mtg.dawnglare.com) and go through the sets to see if you have anything of value. Pull the valuable ones, anything over $1 note their condition and try to sell them here or online. All the other stuff just bunch together in a lot and sell for a flat rate which will be much less than what you paid for and you'll probably feel bad.

poo poo I don't feel bad at all getting rid of it. I just want to get SOMETHING for it but hell I haven't played magic in over a decade

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

signalnoise posted:

poo poo I don't feel bad at all getting rid of it. I just want to get SOMETHING for it but hell I haven't played magic in over a decade

I'm sure there's a lot of people, myself included, that would make a reasonable offer on the collection if you send pictures of just piles of stuff in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'm sure there's a lot of people, myself included, that would make a reasonable offer on the collection if you send pictures of just piles of stuff in it

Aight

http://imgur.com/a/eSo9b

There's an album

~whaddaya bouyin????~

edit: Ugh lookin at legacy prices I'm pretty much dumb if I don't comb through all these aren't I

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 26, 2016