Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Moose King posted:

So for Rogue One ships they've added the TIE Striker and U-Wing, which are cool or whatever, but does anyone know what this thing is? It basically looks like the Imperial version of a U-Wing, since they use it to drop troops and stuff. You'd think, the Star Wars fandom being as it is, that there would already be a full technical name and description but so far all I've been able to find are a couple posts on Reddit saying, "Hey, anyone notice this weird ship?"

Yeah, it seems to be a troop/cargo transport variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

A fatwing to go with the batwing.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

its wings are fixed so how does it flappy wing

just dont make no sense imo

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

When the Upsilon comes out, I don't think I'll have room for it in my current storage. I'm using one of these

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-1374-R...ords=plano+1374

These really big, hard-to-store ships like the Ghost, Shadowcaster, and Upsilon all have to go up top, which is also where I keep my templates and a binder with cards and stuff. There's just not enough room :(

I'm am shocked how quickly my box is filling. Falcon has to go up top along with the defenders. I am down to one shelf left.

I may have chosen..... poorly

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Moose King posted:

So for Rogue One ships they've added the TIE Striker and U-Wing, which are cool or whatever, but does anyone know what this thing is? It basically looks like the Imperial version of a U-Wing, since they use it to drop troops and stuff. You'd think, the Star Wars fandom being as it is, that there would already be a full technical name and description but so far all I've been able to find are a couple posts on Reddit saying, "Hey, anyone notice this weird ship?"

TIE- D0NG

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
We have been playing for six months and have had to buy a second tackle box. Now after Christmas, I'm eyeballing one of those big fieldherr cases

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I switched to my super tedious but somehow very gratifying "tiny cardboard boxes" system because I'll never outgrow it. Cardstock is relatively cheap.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Thread with the holidays here and hopefully sales does anyone know a good place to get some custom playmats made? (I need two thanks to my love of Armada.)

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

For ship storage I have a bunch of tackle boxes for ships and a small Feldherr that I transfer stuff that I'm playing with to.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Eimi posted:

Thread with the holidays here and hopefully sales does anyone know a good place to get some custom playmats made? (I need two thanks to my love of Armada.)

Inkedgaming.com. That's where I got my Jojo anime mat. Wait until their next sale. They have them often.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's nice to see that other people agree that racing stickers on Star Wars ships is :krad:

http://wtf1.co.uk/f1-liveries-star-wars-x-wings-look-insanely-cool/

Now I'm sad that I won't be able to paint again for about a month as I'm away~

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Chill la Chill posted:

Inkedgaming.com. That's where I got my Jojo anime mat. Wait until their next sale. They have them often.

Danke.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So I've been bingewatching Rebels lately and now I'm kind of wondering if we might ever get a reverse-most wanted with cards for Ketsu and Fenn Rau as rebel pilots.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I doubt it. Most Wanted was a way to make a (mostly) viable third faction with a limited release. I don't see why they'd dilute the faction identities further now.

Talk to me about TIE strikers. What builds are you guys looking forward to?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Finally got a TIE striker today and gently caress if I know what to do with it

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

Finally got a TIE striker today and gently caress if I know what to do with it

Duchess + Isard on board a shuttle to get the Archer, Mallory, and Pam combo. Throw in cyborg Vader on RAC to get Ray, Howlrunner for Lana, and maybe a weapons engineer somewhere for Krieger?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

I doubt it. Most Wanted was a way to make a (mostly) viable third faction with a limited release. I don't see why they'd dilute the faction identities further now.

Countdown/Sabacc/Omega Leader/Something.

gently caress your targetting priority forever.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Got to play my first match at the FLGS and actually won with Han/Jake vs Dash/B-Wing. Felt good.

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

Countdown/Sabacc/Omega Leader/Something.

gently caress your targetting priority forever.

You can have Countdown with Hull upgrade, Sabacc with crack shot, Omega Leader with Juke and Comm Relay, and still fit an x7 Delta. I'm going to have to try it, at least.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Hell, if you can fit that lot in, you can put in Palp instead of an x7. Not sure if it's better though.

If you're going to put any upgrade anywhere I'd probably look at shield on Sabacc by the by. Giving him another HP to take before he loses his extra die is nice, and probably one of the few places it's worth the points.

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

Hell, if you can fit that lot in, you can put in Palp instead of an x7. Not sure if it's better though.

If you're going to put any upgrade anywhere I'd probably look at shield on Sabacc by the by. Giving him another HP to take before he loses his extra die is nice, and probably one of the few places it's worth the points.

I was one point short on Palp, the Delta is 28. Could do a Doom Shuttle and that Shield upgrade, Omicron Group Pilot and Vader Crew is 24.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Deathfire with Connor net, flechette torpedo, extra munitions, and lrs is 25 points. Probably have the points to make that a homing missile instead for the torpedo.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Y-Wing: · Drea Renthal (22)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Guidance Chips (0)
Overclocked R4 (1)

Y-Wing: · Kavil (24)
Push The Limit (3)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

G-1A Starfighter: · Zuckuss (28)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire Control System (2)
· 4-LOM (1)
· Mist Hunter (0)
Tractor Beam (1)

I like one agility ships, makes the game go faster. Couldn't figure out what to do with Zuckuss though.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'd swap turrets on the Ys. Drea has a range three option with her torpedoes, but Kavil has no answer for anything faster than he is.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's been pointed out to be that I have the wrong Astro on Drea.

Y-Wing: · Drea Renthal (22)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Guidance Chips (0)
· R4-B11 (3)

Y-Wing: · Kavil (24)
Push The Limit (3)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Unhinged Astromech (1)

G-1A Starfighter: · Zuckuss (28)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire Control System (2)
· 4-LOM (1)
· Mist Hunter (0)
Tractor Beam (1)

I feel like TLT on Kavil isn't as useful. He gets the extra dice but that doesn't translate to more damage, necessarily. Drea with the TLT and R4-B11 shoves the damage through. I'm hoping thrusters and Tractor Beam can make up for any Range 3 dudes with Kavil.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

ConfusedUs posted:

Eggs In One Sabasket

"Pure Sabacc" (22)
Swarm Leader (3)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Adaptive Ailerons (0)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)

Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)

"Howlrunner" (18)
Crack Shot (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Sabacc will most likely get nuked first round of combat. But boooooy, if those stars aliiiiiign...

BOGO LOAD fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 22, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
If my math is right 9 dice?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bunnyofdoom posted:

If my math is right 9 dice?

It's not, Swarm Leader maxes at +2 dice, so Sabaac maxes at 6 reds.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Some Numbers posted:

It's not, Swarm Leader maxes at +2 dice, so Sabaac maxes at 6 reds.

Well, 7 at range 1, but if that happens whoever is getting hit with 7 dice deserves it

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Did not know about that +2 max

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Well, 7 at range 1, but if that happens whoever is getting hit with 7 dice deserves it

Oh right, I forgot about the Range 1 bonus.

Still, Swarm Leader maxes at +2.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ARC-170: · Norra Wexley (29)
· Swarm Leader (3)
· Finn (5)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

HWK-290: · Jan Ors (25)
· Jyn Erso (2)

A-Wing: Prototype Pilot (17)

Nine dice. I can't figure out a way to reroll Finn's added dice. I'm sure there's some way.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

· Swarm Leader (3)
· Finn (5)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

· Jyn Erso (2)

Nine dice. I can't figure out a way to reroll Finn's added dice. I'm sure there's some way.

Dump an A Wing and Jyn, give Jan Cool Hand, put in a Y with M9G8. I worked this out the say Swarm Leader came out.

There's no way to do it more than once with only 100 points to spend though.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

I was looking at the stuff I have (no palp) and what could be done with the Upsilon. Soontir is doing Soontir things (stealth device might be overdoing it), while Upsilon tries to help Backdraft not to die.

Major Stridan (32)
Collision Detector (0)
Systems Officer (2)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

"Backdraft" (27)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
Special Ops Training (0)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Any other ideas what to do with it?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Admiral Joeslop posted:

· Swarm Leader (3)
· Finn (5)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

· Jyn Erso (2)

Norra Wexley (29)
Swarm Leader (3)
Finn (5)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Jan Ors (25)
Dorsal Turret (3)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Push the Limit (3)
Captured TIE (1)

Captain Rex (14)

There you go. Ahsoka spends her focus on giving Norra a TL.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Strobe posted:

Norra Wexley (29)
Swarm Leader (3)
Finn (5)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Jan Ors (25)
Dorsal Turret (3)

Ahsoka Tano (17)
Push the Limit (3)
Captured TIE (1)

Captain Rex (14)

There you go. Ahsoka spends her focus on giving Norra a TL.

Doesn't work. Norra has to spend a TL to get her extra focus, so there's no net benefit for spending it to re-roll Finn.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
I'm running triple x7 defenders, and I'm having trouble getting into situations where juke is useful. the other player usually has a focus token to spend. Am I reading the card wrong?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Doesn't work. Norra has to spend a TL to get her extra focus, so there's no net benefit for spending it to re-roll Finn.

Fair point. Drop Finn, then, since it's a more expensive way to get one die, and use the points freed for a Tail Gunner and upgrading the Dorsal to TLT on Jan. It's still 6 dice at all ranges if the Swarm Leader goes off.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Jxforema posted:

I'm running triple x7 defenders, and I'm having trouble getting into situations where juke is useful. the other player usually has a focus token to spend. Am I reading the card wrong?

Juke works best with other Jukes and/or a HotCop that shoots first.

If you have two Jukers shooting at the same target, one of them has Crack Shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Jxforema posted:

No, but think of it this way.
Even if you Juke it and they spend the focus, that's a situation where you've nudged them into spending a focus they might not have wanted/needed to. If you've got 3 hits and they rolled 3 natural evades and have a focus token, you can Juke one of the evade results so they are either going to spend the focus OR take the damage.
Then the next ship in your list who is shooting is now shooting at a target that is without a focus, and thus is in a better spot to put some damage through.

• Locked thread