Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
IDK if either is my goty but Pokemon Moon and FF15 were both nice pick-me-ups during what's been a tough six months for me emotionally and financially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
FF15 and WoFF were definitely both pleasant surprises even if both had were still flawed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

1 - Ace Attorney 6: Spirit of Justice
2 - Doom
3 - Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows Darkest Dungeon
4 - X-com 2
5 - Stardew Valley

Uh... I think I can only do a top 5. I played a lot of slightly older games this year.

E: Wait, Plague of Shadows was last year...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
GOTY this year is Doom, Dark Souls 3, or Let It Die for me. DaS3 really clicks once you hit NG+.

e: Rocksmith DLC page finally loaded, but none of the Add to Cart buttons work. :psyduck: STEAM :psyduck:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

:siren:GARFIELD KART IS 75% OFF:siren:
it's weird that the garfield kart dev went on to make The ABC Murders which is Microids' most competent adventure game. from licensed comic strip to agatha christie

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Garfield Kart is poo poo because it does not have Lyman in it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Having Lyman's skeleton would be too scary for kids so he had to get removed, sorry.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

[the beginning of space oddity but he's counting down from 1200 seconds]

lol

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FirstAidKite posted:

The gently caress? Does he have chocolate teeth or is that supposed to be a moustache?

E: drat autocorrect

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 22, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDz-cALKhLY

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Link posting on the phone is tricky unfortunately

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That's Linkle, but you were very close.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

That's Linkle, but you were very close.
Extra credit!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wish WiiU hyrule warriors had Linkle in it, I have the 3ds version of the game too but I just can't do small screens anymore (thinking of trading in my 3DS and Vita for this reason)

e of course this doesn't matter because I sold my wiiu like a loving toolbox

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I broke down and purchased Witcher 3 but my download is going to take nine hours :cry:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bicyclops posted:

I broke down and purchased Witcher 3 but my download is going to take nine hours :cry:

It's worth the wait

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bicyclops posted:

I remember when I used to have to download every game overnight, what a dark time

Of course I also remember when I had to go to a drat store to get one but never mind that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I wish WiiU hyrule warriors had Linkle in it

It does

Grapplejack posted:

Having Lyman's skeleton would be too scary for kids so he had to get removed, sorry.

I forget how I learned this but the recent garfield cartoon that garfield kart is based on actually had lyman in it as jon's friend who got lost in the jungle or something and they found him again and he's doing ok he's just all native now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suLE0BGBFx8

also,

Welp

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 22, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I thought they weren't gonna port over all the 3DS ver changes??

gently caress now I really am gonna have to buy a refurb wiiu aren't i

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I don't think they are but Linkle is not 3DS-exclusive. Her story mode is, though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

They backported the new Legends characters to the Wii U version as they came out but there are no new maps or anything.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
2B, from the Nier demo, has the sickest slow walk animation. So hype for this.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My top ten of the games I actually played that came out this year is

1) Overwatch
2) The Witness
3) Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
4) Uncharted 4
5) Thumper
6) The Last Guardian
7) Inside
8) Blazblue Central Fiction
9) Picross 3D round 2
10) Downwell

Honorable mentions: Shantae: Half Genie Hero, Chronicles of Teddy, Salt and Sanctuary, Assault Android Cactus, Firewatch, Pacman 256, Rez Infinite, Overcooked

drat good year and I still have a ton to get to.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am extremely hyped for Nier: Automata and I can't wait to play the demo when I get home.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gonna be really hard to pick between this and p5 for goty 2017

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Is Nier Automata basically Metal Gear Rising Revengeance 2.0? I've read multiple times that supposedly a lot of its systems were for a cancelled Rising sequel.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GUI posted:

Is Nier Automata basically Metal Gear Rising Revengeance 2.0? I've read multiple times that supposedly a lot of its systems were for a cancelled Rising sequel.

The director of revengeance is working on it so yeah kinda. Little bit more of an RPG, no slow motion cutting things apart, and it's going to have more wide open areas to run around and do stuff in.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Split body dodges are extremely anime and extremely my poo poo.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Stux posted:

Let's not kid around, P5 will be GOTY 2017 followed by Nier and Nioh tied.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Stux posted:

P5 came out this year so you're in luck. ;)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Zelda will be the best game of 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

gently caress now I really am gonna have to buy a refurb wiiu aren't i

There was special cheaper dlc for the wii u that lets you get the 3ds characters and weapons, but the wii u version doesn't get the 3ds' maps or gameplay mechanic changes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

GOTY 2017 will be Chrono Trigger for the 23rd consecutive year.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

GUI posted:

It's not quite the same as MGR but there's a lot of similarities. The look and feel are kind of similar, the Light+Heavy weapon system is fairly familiar, has the same red-flash for incoming physical attacks, and the demo boss is like straight up the big industrial Metal Gear from the end of MGR :v:

But on the other hand there's no parry like MGR, no blade-time, and the dodge is not at all like the one from MGR. Plus it's got RPG mechanics and some open-worldness and quests and stuff.

I'm pretty sure the item pickup sound is taken from MGS too.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Lurdiak posted:

GOTY 2017 will be Chrono Trigger for the 23rd consecutive year.

I like you.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I still to this day can't believe there's a second Nier game and it looks THIS amazing. I'm fiending for my shift to end so I can try the demo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr E posted:

Let's not kid around, P5 will be GOTY 2017 followed by Nier and Nioh tied.

I'd put Prey in there because Arkane, those 4 sound like solid nominees even now.

I played Nier demo and loved it, just wish the characters didn't look like such weird fetish poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

GUI posted:

its more that revengeance is platinum-combat-game whatever.0 and nier 2 is just the next one of those

• Locked thread