Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Well that made for an interesting day.

Everyone's fine but now I'm wondering when CIG is gonna implement the Space Insurance Adjuster mechanic so I can get a new autism chariot.

NOOOoooo, not your Toyota Yarris!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I think the most commented post ever on r/dereksmart isn't even about derek smart. That is going to make derek very upset.

The best part of the thread is if they get too butthurt by it the mods will close it, or delete it if it goes too poorly.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
do the windscreen wipers raise up to protect you?

(glad all ok though)

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

I'm legitimately concerned about that dude, he posts the weirdest loving poo poo for literally no reason. Derek has never, that I've seen, threaten anyone involved in any of this poo poo with physical harm. He's never alluded to it or suggested he wants to confront or even meet with anyone at CIG. How the gently caress do you get from 'I would take them to court' and 'this poo poo-show is going to collapse' to "...he'd probably have tried to kidnap her by now."?

Just like the start of the second comment, who the gently caress says poo poo like that? It's not a cliche or quote like 'I would give my firstborn child', or 'I would give my left-testicle'. It's just loving horrible, out of place, dumb poo poo that no normal person would type.

Hopefully he's posted enough of this type of weird crap online that he's on some sort of watchlist, especially when poo poo goes south with RSI (I assume he's a backer?).

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Everyone's fine but now I'm wondering when CIG is gonna implement the Space Insurance Adjuster mechanic so I can get a new autism chariot.

I've taxed worse. :rice:

Seriously though, glad you and family are ok. :)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

Crumple zones — one of the many reasons why you'll want to understand physics.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Is the dogge ok?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I concur. My yard is full of phong shaded pyramids with only 64x64 bitmaps applied to them. My grass is just a green plane with pixel color applied to each corner.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

*release a patch that crashes on launch*
*release another patch that removes crash*

Wow! the game is butter smooth, stable, and ready to release.

*poo poo is still broke and stuff is missing*

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

Hey, i never called anyone a crazed gun maniac.
I read "gun-nut" as a "firearm enthusiast". Or, pretty much, anyone with more than one gun or a gun without an actual need to possess one.

Even so, stricter gun license procedures *do* have an effect, and *do* make sense.
It's the basics of risk management - no, going through psych tests and having a chat with (sometimes pretty vicious psychiatrists *) before being allowed to carry a gun won't weed out every single idiot or mentally labile person. But it will weed out most of them. Which is good.

* Case in point - my dad's friend, normally the most phlegmatic, stable and benevolent person i can think of, got provoked by a psych evaluator into almost screaming and crying, when he was trying to get his carrying license. Which might seem like a very douchey thing to do to a person, but if just talking to a stranger for 15 minutes can get you to lose your poo poo, maybe you shouldn't be walking around with a gun?

I could totally get behind that now. :)

There are some people who own guns who probably should not even be allowed to own a nerf gun much less the real kind.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Tokamak posted:

*release a patch that crashes on launch*
*release another patch that removes crash*

Wow! the game is butter smooth, stable, and ready to release.

*poo poo is still broke and stuff is missing*
Star Citizen: issues that triple every second

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I can't get over how many citizens are saying that SM is a good FPS. I'm not a huge FPS player, but I have played CS, Quake 3, Halo 2, etc. and still play the occasional single player FPS like Wolfenstein and Doom. It's pretty clear even from video that it is nowhere near any popular game.

It plays like a FFA arena shooter with no consideration given to weapon balance or 'moment to moment' strategic decision making and flow. If you don't ignore the networking or that there is never going to be 'high level play' due to no ranked/private matchmaking, it's trash tier.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yo is 2.6 live or did they postpone it till tomorrow? Hey guys, sorry I know I promised you you'd get friday off if you crunched extra hard this week but I guess you didnt crunch hard enough.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

There's still one more day left in the week...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tokamak posted:

There's still one more day left in the week...

The production table literally ended today. There is nothing left there. Abrupt ending on a thursday, like they knew nothing was going to happen on the 23rd.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tokamak posted:

I can't get over how many citizens are saying that SM is a good FPS. I'm not a huge FPS player, but I have played CS, Quake 3, Halo 2, etc. and still play the occasional single player FPS like Wolfenstein and Doom. It's pretty clear even from video that it is nowhere near any popular game.

It plays like a FFA arena shooter with no consideration given to weapon balance or 'moment to moment' strategic decision making and flow. If you don't ignore the networking or that there is never going to be 'high level play' due to no ranked/private matchmaking, it's trash tier.

Yeah but you didn't spend 4+ figures on those shooters so you didn't need to justify it to yourself.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello

this probably won't be reposted or seen anywhere or cared about but whatever
  • I donated less than a half a completionist package would cost to a local shelter awhile back
  • I hated how my area shelter was a kill shelter but the Huntington Beach one wasn't
  • they invited me to an Xmas thing and presented me with a giant framed picture of all the dogs and cats I saved
  • I cried like a baby
  • I've donated a few bucks here and there to try and make the world a better place
  • I hope
  • and I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money because I drink too much and buy dumb computer games I don't ever even play
  • but if you're 4 or 5 figures deep into this loving dumb game
  • realize, for just a second, how much good you can bring to the world
  • not intangible, "oh whats one good deed" poo poo
  • but a difference you can see, feel and snuggle on occasion
Happy Holidays

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

• I hated how my area shelter was a kill shelter but the Huntington Beach one wasn't

Okay I guess you're not talking about a homeless shelter

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

TheAgent posted:

hello

• I donated less than a half a completionist package would cost to a local shelter awhile back
  • they invited me to an Xmas thing and presented me with a giant framed picture of all the dogs and cats I saved
  • I cried like a baby
  • I've donated a few bucks here and there to try and make the world a better place
  • I hope
  • and I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money because I drink too much and buy dumb computer games I don't ever even play
Happy Holidays

Starcitizen: You're literally killing dogs by backing

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

hello

• I cried like a baby
  • I hope
Happy Holidays

e-hug

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

Okay I guess you're not talking about a homeless shelter

the county has a 1.5b project for the homeless now, as well as a huge multimillon project for addicts

I'm glad of it

and I tried to get into the homeless cause awhile back and I still donate but I wasn't cut out for it

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Tokamak posted:

To me this affirms the idea that citizens are not gamers. The comments are so polarized and absent objective ideas about actual mechanics or anything gamers speak about. This is all so Chris v Derek and ED v SC, it can't even be taken seriously because there is nothing in their messages that express an understanding of what makes a game good. We've all played through crap games because a single element or mechanic was innovative or cool. Rarely is a game the full on Bees Knees, and as a result we as gamers are able to communicate what we like, what we are annoyed by, and how one can overshadow the other. These guys though, they can't even talk about Overwatch in any serious sense, all they have can say is that it's bad, not even why. I imagine most of these people saw an Overwatch trailer and thought "nope, that's kids stuff. I'm happy to wait for the real game that Chris is making for me". I just can't believe these self proclaimed gamers literally can't speak about games, to them waiting for Chris is the game, and Derek was built as the enemy.

Overwatch is good and fun, I would be happy to elaborate on this point but here I feel like it goes without saying.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Dude, your parallel parking skills are tight! Much respect.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Im turned off by Overwatch because of its childish aesthetic

Its like one of...those games with the community that likes to pretend theyre playing sports

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:laffo:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

the county has a 1.5b project for the homeless now, as well as a huge multimillon project for addicts

I'm glad of it

and I tried to get into the homeless cause awhile back and I still donate but I wasn't cut out for it

Nice

I got a superpower; I can see the homeless

They're invisible to everyone else

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The archering was coming from inside the thread all along! :derp:

Say it ain't so, :pgabz:! Say it ain't so! :qq:

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Major Tom did disclose that he spends close to 90 hours a week rummaging through the web in the hopes of finding even a single bug. They are extremely rare, and almost impossible to replicate. His work involves an incredible amount of investigation, off-line spying on CIG, and even bribing the biggest hacker groups on the dark web. It truly is a passion and a way of life for him.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 23, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Rad Russian posted:

Major Tom did disclose that he spends close to 90 hours a week rummaging through the web in the hopes of finding even a single bug. They are extremely rare, and almost impossible to replicate. His work involves an incredible amount of investigation, off-line spying on CIG, and even bribing the biggest hacker groups on the dark web. It truly is a passion and a way of life for him.

sometimes the game is just so rock solid he has to resort to hacking the config files to make dereks deadline. But you didnt hear that from me.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

Nice

I got a superpower; I can see the homeless

They're invisible to everyone else
every time I go to a ducks game, I can't miss the huge tent city that have set up along the 57

I don't even pay for tix when I go, I buy $12 beers and too much food and I wonder what the gently caress I'm doing with all this money as there are literally people starving 500 feet away

shits hosed, and I realized I could help, even a little

but it's never enough, unfortunately

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
btw for the people I mentioned that didn't want something from steam, I made a donation to a random local charity I support

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Sometimes someone's life's calling is to make life-size statues of anime characters.

It seems to be working out pretty well for whoever it is, and unlike Star Citizen there are multiple finished products.

If my life calling was making sexually explicit figures of underage cartoon characters, I'd expect someone to stop me.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
I want this game to come out so badly, just to see the posts when goons ruin it.

I know it won't, but god dammit I want it to.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Phi230 posted:

Its like one of...those games with the community that likes to pretend theyre playing sports

This is truth. But it is still a good game.
Gamers seem to not pretend so much though, gamers game. Citizens pretend gaming is something else and it is utterly sad. Most gamers will also engage in sports, life, love, loss, hair removal etc. Those that pretend something during gaming times are just sad, not sad gamers, just sad.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

when a twitch steamer is talking about how his 250k custom Audi R8 was totaled, it's time to realize we are in a brave new world friend

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

MeLKoR posted:

The archering was coming from inside the thread all along! :derp:

Say it ain't so, :pgabz:! Say it ain't so! :qq:

PGabz make a video where you press the "tab" key

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DigitalMocking posted:

I want this game to come out so badly, just to see the posts when goons ruin it.

I know it won't, but god dammit I want it to.

Why choose?

It crashes and burns — citizens wail and cry and scream themselves hoarse over how the evil goons ruined everything. But then! A noble effort is made to buy up all the assets and create a community fan game out of the ashes, hope returns, up until when the goons start playing the beta to the point where the developers just give up — citizens wail and cry and scream themselves double-hoarse over how the evil goons ruined everything twice.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also gently caress every neuvo riche piece of poo poo that complains about taxes or how much poo poo costs and abhors donating to charity (besides for the tax breaks)

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hmmm I'm caring in the star citizen thread

gently caress