Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
At least they'll have that revenue to bring in some outfield help like *my voice is overdubbed with microsoft sam's voice*

B
E
N

R
E
V
E
R
E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

2017 feels like a year when all of these teams are loading up on aces and boppers and all these superstar young players are breaking out and somehow an 89-win cardinals team led by the emergence of some guy named spunky walnuts wins the world series.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
drat I wish the Rangers gave him that deal. But hopefully this means we'll have money to re-sign Yu.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
He could have had 4/80 and stayed in Toronto :(

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Goodbye Dingman

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that's a goddamn steal and a half

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

He could have had 4/80 and stayed in Toronto :(

Shapiro and Atkins knew he wouldn't accept that within a day of free agency. They didn't want to sign him.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I was cool to see him go if he got paid but 3 for 60 is nothing

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

2017 feels like a year when all of these teams are loading up on aces and boppers and all these superstar young players are breaking out and somehow an 89-win cardinals team led by the emergence of some guy named spunky walnuts wins the world series.

That sounds like a lot of wins

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cleveland is going to stomp all over Detroit again this season. I'm not looking forward to it.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

God damnit EE is my favorite :(

Hope he continues to mash, and gently caress blue jays management for not keeping his offer on the table longer

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This sucks gently caress gently caress gently caress

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

canadianclassic posted:

God damnit EE is my favorite :(

Hope he continues to mash, and gently caress blue jays management for not keeping his offer on the table longer

gotta move fast when Morales and Pearce are out there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
As a fan of the Tigers who also bandwagons the Blue Jays a lot, holy loving poo poo. :suicide:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Indians have to be WS favorites now. That's a hell of an add.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

gently caress you Shapiro!!!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

Inshallah. I don't think we have any prospects who are due up with acceptably goofy names, unfortunately. Paul Dejong maybe, if the Jedd Gyorko/Jhonny Peralta 3rd base experiment fails?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Jays are so stupid. Looking forward to wasting a 100 great starts next year

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
With all the Edwin talk it reminded me , did anything happen with the lawsuit where he allegedly knowingly gave STDs to a woman?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
That deal for EE makes me very angry the Astros didn't sign him

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Cleveland didn't even have the unanimous MVP.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

So much this. What the gently caress

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VJeff posted:

As a fan of the Tigers who also bandwagons the Blue Jays a lot, holy loving poo poo. :suicide:

As a fan of both the Blue Jays and Cleveland, holy loving poo poo :fap:

weato
Oct 29, 2010
Bye Edwin, this makes me super sad. Combined Bautista and Edwin are gonna get less guaranteed money than a relief pitcher and the Jays will sign neither.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

With all the Edwin talk it reminded me , did anything happen with the lawsuit where he allegedly knowingly gave STDs to a woman?

His people asked to have the case dismissed in October, and I don't see anything more recent about it. I wondered the same myself.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hello, I'm quite angry this morning.

Well that's all, bye.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

BWV posted:

I was cool to see him go if he got paid but 3 for 60 is nothing

Yeah what the heck.

I don't hate the Indians though so I'm not super sad but I just don't understand.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Shortly after clinching the Series in game 6, Spunky Walnuts grabs at his face, pulling off the incredibly lifelike latex mask covering his true identity of who else but...David Eckstein.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Braves extended Ender Inciarte, 5 + 1 option for ~$30.5m. I'd say that's buying high after his outstanding last year but that still sounds really cheap.

e: he was already under control for a few more years, so this is basically just a raise?
ee: he had four years of arbitration

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 23, 2016

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Berzerker posted:

This sucks gently caress gently caress gently caress

well, I slept on it, and my new opinion is this sucks gently caress gently caress gently caress

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm still so pissed. Like all they had to do is not blow their loving load on Morales and this would've worked out. Worse is now I have to hear about how prudent and fiscally responsible the Jays are from my stupid rear end friends. loving 20 mil a year for EE is a steal. He could hit his win share valuation in the first 2 years.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
God damnit Jays you cheap fucks.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
gently caress Rogers.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Edwin was smart to get off this team before it turned into Groverhaus.

Let's throw the Ted Rogers statue into Lake Ontario.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
If the rotation stays healthy and Edwin mashes... hoo boy, that's a hell of a team.

I see the moves the Dodgers and Nats and Indians etc. have made and I'm real glad that Flag Gonna Fly Forever

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
N: EE turned down cespedes money from the A's

V: players are giving a discount to get to play in Cleveland :getin:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

It's not so bad, y'all. Just think about that sweet, sweet draft pick the Jays get.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Rogers Sportsnet is already going hard company line on Encarnacion/the Jays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Comptroll The Forums posted:

N: EE turned down cespedes money from the A's

V: players are giving a discount to get to play in Cleveland :getin:

Would you want to play in O.Co?

• Locked thread