Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shingouryu posted:

If you click on the new snarling snowman icon it'll take you to the event area where you can see a list of rewards. 20 of each mat for milestones in individual.

Mine has been blank for a while now.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Unrelated question. How does firions weapon wield abilities work? Do I need to mix weapon types to get bonuses? Like say if I give him two axes does he get 60% damage or must it me an axe and a spear/knuckle? Im thinking of turning my mercedes into my monster dps unit and was going to grind two of her axes out but looking ahead an axe and a save the queen might be better if I decide to switch over her stuff to firion once he gets 6*

The trick with Firion is that giving him Dual Wield and two different weapon types is that doing so allows him to activate two separate weapon mastery passives at once.

If you give Chorizo two katana, does Blade and Body trigger twice? Does giving Bartz two swords cause Threatening Oath to trigger twice?

You want two different weapon passives to trigger. The sword one is a given, and the heavy breakers (spear, knuckle, axe) is a good second one to go for.

The Kaiser Knuckle thing is because it's a good weapon and Firion can use it.

EDIT: soundly beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I am convinced that Bartz's Wind Shear is not something that Cecil can cover, because of its Hybrid nature. I have been going out of my way attacking squishy enemies with it specifically to see if Cecil will ever Cover it, and not a single time has he moved yet.

Which kind of raises my opinion of Hybrid abilities in Arena more.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

AegisP posted:

I am convinced that Bartz's Wind Shear is not something that Cecil can cover, because of its Hybrid nature. I have been going out of my way attacking squishy enemies with it specifically to see if Cecil will ever Cover it, and not a single time has he moved yet.

Which kind of raises my opinion of Hybrid abilities in Arena more.

Now that you mention it, I've never seen Cecil cover Noctis' Flask attacks, so its almost certainly true.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
So let's talk about luck shall we?

I got four rainbow crystals on this banner. Two of them today!

Rainbow Crystal #1: Cheez #2
Rainbow Crystal #2: COD #HAHAHA-I-Gave-Up-Counting, let's just say I have 2 full COD TMs and I never grinded them and I can STILL field a two full teams of CODs.
Rainbow Crystal #3: Mercedes. Okay, new unit, sure. I'll take it.
Rainbow Crystal #4: Delita #2. I don't even use my first one.

I'm F2P. I get Rainbows better than most it seems. However, as one person so nicely put it I'm the Charlie Brown of Rainbow Crystals.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Mine has been blank for a while now.

Huh, well if anyone else can't see them I've made an imgr thing - Ffbe rewards https://imgur.com/gallery/R4jjj

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It eventually showed up after I started complaining about it not showing up on the Internet.

... WHERE IS MY NOCTIS ABD WHITE KNIGHT NOEL, GAME!?!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Vexrm posted:

So let's talk about luck shall we?

I got four rainbow crystals on this banner. Two of them today!

Rainbow Crystal #1: Cheez #2
Rainbow Crystal #2: COD #HAHAHA-I-Gave-Up-Counting, let's just say I have 2 full COD TMs and I never grinded them and I can STILL field a two full teams of CODs.
Rainbow Crystal #3: Mercedes. Okay, new unit, sure. I'll take it.
Rainbow Crystal #4: Delita #2. I don't even use my first one.

I'm F2P. I get Rainbows better than most it seems. However, as one person so nicely put it I'm the Charlie Brown of Rainbow Crystals.

So you're the reason I go 90 pulls between Rainbows.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

JohnnyTreachery posted:

living the f2p dream :toot:

how much money did that take

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Is that the closest you can get to the 300% cap on stat bonuses?

the closest you can get is 4 letters and arms , two of vanille's TM accesories, and an enchancer, which would put exdeath at 260% MAG (i dont know if that would include his innate Mag+30% skill, which would otherwise make him 290%)

If you gave Terra all these things, a brave suit, the upcoming festival cap, and if her innate Mag+20% counted towards the total, you'd hit the 300% cap.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.

AegisP posted:

So you're the reason I go 90 pulls between Rainbows.

I'm also the reason some people get the super rare chase on their first rainbow!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget that King Mog is still taking trochoid gears for a few more hours if you have any left to cash in.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont think there can be powercreep in regards to healing when something like Tilith has existed for so long but god drat gumi is trying. The new MH Fina is a damage healing hybrid with 100% revive, 80% auto revive, AoE heal+esuna like tilith, st 30%hp/30%mp refresh, built in 30% physical dodge, kill almost all passive that gives her an extra 25% damage on a bunch of monster types, a 400% damage nuke, and 60% extra SPR when equipping a bow among other less noteworthy things. Nothing can really outdo a unit that has 100% aoe heals and 100% aoe revives but a unit like this can fit into particular groups pretty drat well.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
10 tickets, 2x chiz, 2 x Mercedes, Edgar, arc, snow, charlotte, sazh and duane

I have enough for an 11 pull but I doubt I'll pick up the only unit I'm missing from the banner

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I had a bad day today, so I burned a ticket.

I got RAINBOW...

Gaffgarion

:smith:

I pulled again in anger and got a Fang.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Did another 11 pull. Two more Mercedes, for a total of 4. What am I going to do with 4 Mercedes?

I got another Zidane in the pull so that's good at least.

Edit: Threw one more ticket at the thing afterwards... Chizuru!!!! Finally.

Mischalaniouse fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 23, 2016

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Go RV! posted:

I had a bad day today, so I burned a ticket.

I got RAINBOW...

Gaffgarion

:smith:

I pulled again in anger and got a Fang.
Same. Got Duane, and then GOLD!

shadow

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Would folks be more interested in a maxed CoD, ExDeath, or Cecil? I have very few TMs so I can't kit them out as well as the top people on my friend's list.

My Cecil is at lvl 20 LB though, so he has 6k hp, 466 Def, 250~ Spr, and his Limit is 69% Atk/Def/Spr for the team. I figure that LB is my version of a super TM, so I'll try that for a bit I suppose?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Capped my friendslots to 130 because more goons is always good. Got around 30 free slots.

Who wants a good luck charm for the holidays?

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Well holy sweet baby Jesus. It took me 400 lapis in refills and about 65 runs in total today, but I finally finally just got the last 3 calamity gems I need for my 6vstar noctis. Just got the final one now and I feel like I ran a drat marathon. On the plus side I've got a good 50 some gigantars stocked up and another hour to get as many more as I can. Stupid addiction to grinding little pixel men.

Oh and I'm just about to get the blood sword so huzzah some things are finally kinda going good. Now all I need is 5 trust moogles and I'm in business

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Fenrir posted:

The idea is Blade Master, Sakurafubuki, Kaiser Knuckles and two Champion Belts.

And to think all I'm missing from that is the Sakurafubuki

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
ELT Frosty Offensive is too much for my MAG nuke party when it spams Death like it was christmas. Two weeks of this = alright. Even though whales are refreshspamming the gently caress out of it within minutes of it going up.

Noctis is a kickass unit to have around with his utility, reviving, regenerating group hp/mp, dealing damage, blinding boxes if they survive a round, etc. Happy I got him.

e: Arena restarted what, 20 minutes ago? Top player is at 3049 points.

e: definitely a memoryleak going on, maybe just my unit, cannot chain for poo poo any longer

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 23, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This event is some utter bullshit with the deaths

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I's like they turned up the bullshit RNG in the last 18 minutes, lost all but two members in a single turn of PRO where it previously was a cakewalk :psyduck:

e: Flame Lance + Diabolos on my Noct, he's down to below 400 ATK but I'm sure it'll help

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 23, 2016

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Lightnings and Luneths please put a chirajiden and Diabolos on your dude so we can make easy work of this boss. My lightning has no TMs so my attack is only around 485 or something, but doing area blast with those on makes me do more damage than a lightning doing area blast or heat blitz even with 600 attack.

Basically just put Diabolos and a flame weapon on your friend unit, please. Demon killer and flame weakness makes those boxes die in one turn pretty easily.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Chizuru has innate Demon Killer if that helps.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Don't Killers stack with each other?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If it's not immediately obvious, it's the presents casting Death. Frosty just spams Blizzaga and Aeroga all day. He's also not immune to Full Break, just resistant. His wind resistance makes my Bartz cry.

Noctis' Fire Flask is fantastic to put all the presents to sleep and letting me kill Frosty in peace.

Not too difficult so far. Dualcast Refia solves the Death problem if they even can act, and Agrias putting up a Barblizzara allows everyone to survive Frotsy's first round of spells (well they can survive without it, but their hp dips low), which then gets healed up right away. Then Frosty dies in the next turn or so. Oddly enough, I'd prefer if he did his charging up attack all the time since it hits like a wet noodle to a single target.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just wish it didn't take normal energy for this.

How am I supposed to TM grind now.

This is probably Gumis way to combat TM Macroers. Make event that require constant grinding.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I already fixed my bad Luneth for this event. Event sword being fire helps, hehe.

Dualcast Refia is a goddess, I'm so glad I got one of those now. Death hit my friend Noctis and she just went meh, no problem and fixed everyone up.

EDIT: I like this event, it's a bunch of gifts (about 10 Tickets, a 20 set of each 6* awakening material, a FUCKTON of Gigantuars, plenty of Megacite) for minimal effort.

Dias fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 23, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wiki is updated with reviews on Santa Rosalia and Noel. Surprisingly Noel is barely a better tank than Cecil. He has the ability to draw just about all attacks his way, even single target spells. Santa Roselia is a fantastic healer but lacks the ability to revive KOed units. That alone makes her one step below Refia. Still they are both fantastic pulls if you get them, but probably not whale worthy.

Also guide is up:
https://exviuswiki.com/A_Frosty_Offensive

Bottom line is this:

If you grind in ELT, you can get all rewards by doing 73 runs + 1 run of INT and will give you 11.695 Event Points. 73 runs + 1 run INT = 1.465 Energy (IE: 5~6 runs per day minimum)

If you grind in PRO, you can get all rewards by doing 130 runs and will give you 11.700 Event Points. 130 runs = 1.950 Energy. (IE: 9~10 runs per day minimum)

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 23, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, be prepared to cry if you draw an all noctis team in the arena. Dualcast and parameter boost abilities are banned again...

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 23, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Daily draw: Lenna. Now I have the full FFV Krew, not bad.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So grinding out this event will take 74~ runs at ELT difficulty(counting the points for INT/ADV/PRO) , which at my NRG level will be between 15-16 NRG refreshes to knock it out in one go. Total NRG spent is around 1500, so that translates to 15% trust for 5 people, however since you're getting a handful of tickets, a bunch of 6* mats some above par gear, I'm calling this event a lot more worth it than the last one.

That said, the ELT is probably not a walk in the park for most people. I'm running it with 4x ExDeath and Lightning. With a Noctis friend I can take it down without too much issue, Noctis buffs my guys with Link, then debuffs with Thunder Flask while ExDeaths dualcasting Meteor and Lightning using barrage do the heavy lifting.

Cartoon Man posted:

Also, be prepared to cry if you draw an all noctis team in the arena. Dualcast and parameter boost abilities are banned again...

Funny you mention that, the first team I ran up against today was 4x Noctis and Cecil. Even without dualcast I still killed 3 Noctis and left both Cecil and the remaining Noctis almost dead. CoD then finished the job on Noctis with Void and cecil alone can't do anything.

Arena is still RNG-rific in terms of what the AI does if they go first.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 23, 2016

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Goons I hardened my wood for you. Come play with it.

30 slots open -> 427140992

665 MAG ExTree

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, who thought Death with it's stupidly high proc rate was a good idea to include in this battle, holy poo poo :psyduck:

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
I haven't seen him attack yet. He dies in one round of fire chains, or two if i use Vax's Bedile (tested it). Boss goes boom.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean if you have a strong team already then sure, he'll die quick. Pro is easy enough that a strong friend can carry you as long as you can deal with the boxes quick enough.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

PaybackJack posted:

So grinding out this event will take 74~ runs at ELT difficulty(counting the points for INT/ADV/PRO) , which at my NRG level will be between 15-16 NRG refreshes to knock it out in one go. Total NRG spent is around 1500, so that translates to 15% trust for 5 people, however since you're getting a handful of tickets, a bunch of 6* mats some above par gear, I'm calling this event a lot more worth it than the last one.

That said, the ELT is probably not a walk in the park for most people. I'm running it with 4x ExDeath and Lightning. With a Noctis friend I can take it down without too much issue, Noctis buffs my guys with Link, then debuffs with Thunder Flask while ExDeaths dualcasting Meteor and Lightning using barrage do the heavy lifting.

Have you tried dual casting Firaga on your forest and chaining it with fire flask and lighting fire aoe? Seems a lot easier.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PaybackJack posted:

My team is Luneth/Refia/Cecil/CoD/Vaan (should be WoL I dunno why I didn't put WoL in instead whatever). Turn 1 buff/full break/omniveil (don't have barblizzara), Luneth spams Hit All with friend using multi-hit attacks until the boxes are dead, then focus on the boss. Death is annoying and can gently caress up runs, but Refia is somewhat of a safeguard there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Daily pull - Santa Roselia

That's cool I guess, even though I already have Refia.

Pro goes down in 3ish rounds quite comfortably with my team and a passibly buff friend. Cecil and Refia buff/heal, Chiz uses Phantom shadow to help with the boxes and then dies to the blizzaga onslaught, Exdeath dual casts Firaga/Meteor and Noctis Fire Flasks for the boxes and then warp breaks frosty into oblivion.

• Locked thread