Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Washin Tong posted:

This is kinda old and got buried in Gumball talk, but I'm playing this for a while. WashintongSA#Jc-~Z0 ingame. Pubbie alliances are the worst, hit me up with an invite please.

Will do, gonna do that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A game called Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic just popped up onto the Play Store. According the description it's a combination of the "best features" from RCT and RCT 2 and costs $6 USD with 2 expansion packs and a scenario/ride designer as separate IAPs.

To be honest I'm a bit skeptical how good it might be since the only other official RCT game on Android is a lovely F2P one but it does sound really impressive.

edit: I decided to check it out. It only came up compatible with my Nexus 7 2013 and the framerate was so awful I ended up sideloading it onto my (incompatible) Galaxy S7 Edge to see if it still the case. Fortunately it ran just fine, though the interface is a bit fiddly due to the smaller screen. It's definitely playable on a phone of that size but you'd probably be more comfortable on a tablet (reviews on the store imply it probably is for tablets only at the moment).

The game is really harsh on the eyes; they didn't do anything to the graphics so everything looks super pixelated. Aside from that it looks like seemingly all the features from RCT 2 are here including all the decorative props and the ride customisation options from the original PC game. I played it for about an hour and I was almost as engrossed in it as I remember playing the original on PC.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 22, 2016

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

gently caress skyforce. The 23rd (of 24) card I get? loving card drop rate increase.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Stupid question but on G&D how do you use the seed of destruction ability on the Zerg Queen? I saw it required 5 charges (I think) but you can only use it one at a time to my knowledge

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
The gumball airship doesn't remind me of anything.

Nothing at all.

Does not remind me of the Schleiman Tank from Rocket Slime.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
God drat that makes this part of the thank you letter in the game even more confusing:

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
In Gumballs, the Christmas dungeon is pretty cute, though I'm getting destroyed well before the boss when I try any of them but the easy 5 level one.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Tyro posted:

In Gumballs, the Christmas dungeon is pretty cute, though I'm getting destroyed well before the boss when I try any of them but the easy 5 level one.
If you're in any way close to unlocking the Holy Warrior it's really good for the Christmas dungeon, otherwise regular Warrior seems a good pick

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Last one I picked up was Priest and I don't have enough dp to unlock the next dungeon, so probably not. So far my best runs in the Christmas dungeon have been Mage, I'll give warrior a shot!

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
So I just picked this game up and its kind of overwhelming. I've gone through a couple of dungeons. Any new person's guide??

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I uninstalled after 2 days. I don't see what you guys are seeing.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If the Blendoku guys don't release more level packs soon I'm going to need a new game to play. Managed to perfect every single level which I think probably makes me insane.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

So I just picked this game up and its kind of overwhelming. I've gone through a couple of dungeons. Any new person's guide??

This post has some good info that you can dig through but a fair bit of it is Engrish like the game itself: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1501670936818701/permalink/1746317495687376/

New Leaf posted:

I uninstalled after 2 days. I don't see what you guys are seeing.

This is the thread where we all get super into some collectathon game with shallow gameplay for a little bit and then move on to the next one. For me, though, Gumballs has enough actual depth to its gameplay compared to other similar games where you stare at the screen and wait for the auto battle to end that it's sticking with me.

Last night I did a maze I found with the airship where I got a ring that caused my attacks to do a percentage more damage to undead and take less damage from them. I got 5 floors deep and found the boss with over 1k health and 999 attack. It took me three tries to figure out I was supposed to let the skeleton summoners on each floor summon as many guys as they could so I could fully upgrade the ring and negate the boss damage.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Tyro posted:

There's an easy and fairly low-level gimmick that'll let you beat higher levels. Use Swordsman main, with Condottiere linked. If you have Zerg queen, link her too for wiping levels with lots of ranged attackers. Take a whale oil (gives extra defense to swordsman), and any equipment you have with a + to defense. The first few levels nothing can do more than 1 damage to you. Aim for a light paladin build, and then just save up enough EP to actually select the light paladin class for the free 100% heal if you get low.

Condo's skill at level 5 gives your thrown items double damage, so you only need 5 snowballs to defeat the hard boss.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I have a pretty solid strategy for clearing hard. The following is my build, but I think HP is the most important part if you're not close to maxing out these characters.

Swordsman gumball main 5* and fed to max. Soul link to 5* adventurer gumball (mostly just for the bonus 300 EP on entering the maze) and the Warrior gumball (only 3*, but the exclusive skill maxed for the damage reduction). You'll also want the Magic Golem gumball as high * as you can get for the stoneskin spell bonus.

Bring in Whale Oil and a +HP artifact. Use both first floor, then go Warrior Intern > Knight > Silver Knight > Armed Knight. Upgrade Intern Warrior to max as quickly as you can, and just pilot your way through the dungeon, making sure to milk the blue snowman's summons for maximum snowball chances (leaving items on the ground is a great way to burn turns and wait for summons). Play semi-cautiously and upgrade whatever you want, but make sure you have 500 EP for Holy Templar in the bank. Buy all the stoneskin scrolls you see and if you're feeling cautious use magic to finish off the reindeer. Upgrade to Holy Templar if you're ever in a tough spot, but I haven't had to until the boss in the past.

You can rotate stoneskin with snowballs to tank the boss, or just stoneskin if you didn't get enough snowballs to wait until it escapes. If you got a santa hat, equip it and tap the building behind the snowman for a guaranteed golden pot + some other goodies.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Tunga posted:

If the Blendoku guys don't release more level packs soon I'm going to need a new game to play. Managed to perfect every single level which I think probably makes me insane.

There are two editions of Flow Free (regular and hexes) and of course Hungry Cat Picross - all of which have plenty of levels to complete. These games all have similarities in that they have tons of levels to finish and have a relaxed play-with-one-hand-in-short-bursts style.

Or did you already beat those, too?

Or you could try and beat Infinity Loop :mmmhmm:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So far my least favorite part of Gumballs is dp grinding

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Len posted:

So far my least favorite part of Gumballs is dp grinding

Same here, I just beat the intro stages for the light/dark maze, and now I need over 50 DP to unlock the next maze. The problem for me is that there are some mazes I just don't enjoy. So the Pyramids maze with all the elemental gems is just sitting there with a bunch of easy DP goals, but I keep putting it off because I find the gem altar to be super tedious.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

So the Pyramids maze with all the elemental gems is just sitting there with a bunch of easy DP goals, but I keep putting it off because I find the gem altar to be super tedious.
It's a lot of fun to play mage on. The altar negates all the normal disadvantages of a magic build, killing two enemies every level and giving you gear, EP, stats or scroll shops on demand and the boss can just be nuked down.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Should I dish out the gems for Alchemist Gumball? His talent seems really useful, but it does seem kinda steep.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Threep posted:

It's a lot of fun to play mage on. The altar negates all the normal disadvantages of a magic build, killing two enemies every level and giving you gear, EP, stats or scroll shops on demand and the boss can just be nuked down.

It's one of my favorites for melee, too. You can get a full set of knight gear and upgrade up it to Dragon Scale really early, and then spend the next 70 levels murdering everybody.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

horriblePencilist posted:

Should I dish out the gems for Alchemist Gumball? His talent seems really useful, but it does seem kinda steep.

Only get Alchemist if you have a burning need of an Aoluwei mage soul-link or you want to burn gems. It's a nice talent but not 100-gems worth of nice.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Threep posted:

It's a lot of fun to play mage on. The altar negates all the normal disadvantages of a magic build,

overseer07 posted:

It's one of my favorites for melee, too. You can get a full set of knight gear and upgrade up it to Dragon Scale really early, and then spend the next 70 levels murdering everybody.

I will try these out. I mostly stick to a really lazy and mindless Venture build, so I didn't consider how the element altars could smooth out more specialized builds. I also didn't put 2&2 together when it came to using the anvils to upgrade altar armor. It sure is obvious in hindsight though :v:

I would also like to challenge anybody to come up with a lazier build than the one I've been using. I start with a Venture gumball from Aoluwei faction, and for sidekicks I take Warrior and Spy. Then I go for the Elf King title in Venture tree, and eventually max out the first title in Melee tree. Right now I have my sidekicks' helper skills at lv. 4, so with the first Melee title this gives me: 20% chance to disable enemy counterattack, 120% dodge (with all slates open), and a 32% chance to ignore damage. It also snipes (for free!) the first enemy I see every floor, which is often a pesky ranged one. I make no claims this strategy is top tier or anything, but at the least it's one that requires very little thought for farming all those "do this common thing X times" DP challenges.

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010
Looking for something for 2 players on one tablet to be played with older members of family.

Simple, easy to see/read, turn based works best. Suggestions?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Punch Club Fights is a free version of the game without the story and the relentless grinding for anyone interested in checking the game out. It's essentially a glorified demo.

5thMouseButton posted:

Looking for something for 2 players on one tablet to be played with older members of family.

Battle of Polytopia has pass and play turn-based multiplayer, but it might be a bit too complicated for your criteria.

Also comedy option Bounden

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
In case anyone is on the fence about Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic, it ran extremely smoothly on my S7 Edge and was very easy to control. If I played games on my phone for longer than quick toilet breaks I would 100% purchase it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

5thMouseButton posted:

Splendor is a nice board game that is very simple to understand. Plays up to 2-4 players.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

5thMouseButton posted:

Pandemic is a great cooperative board game for Andriod, you can easily pass and play. Don't get splendor, it's the blandest game imaginable. Talisman is also good fun:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.f2zentertainment.pandemic
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomadgames.talisman

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 23, 2016

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
OpenRCT2 is a better version of the classic roller coaster tycoon games.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Malek posted:

Stupid question but on G&D how do you use the seed of destruction ability on the Zerg Queen? I saw it required 5 charges (I think) but you can only use it one at a time to my knowledge

It's not charges used, it's the level of the skill. You need to feed the Zerg Queen all four foods that increase Exclusive Skill Level, and then all Zergs you summon will have all five buffs.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I will try these out. I mostly stick to a really lazy and mindless Venture build, so I didn't consider how the element altars could smooth out more specialized builds. I also didn't put 2&2 together when it came to using the anvils to upgrade altar armor. It sure is obvious in hindsight though :v:

I would also like to challenge anybody to come up with a lazier build than the one I've been using. I start with a Venture gumball from Aoluwei faction, and for sidekicks I take Warrior and Spy. Then I go for the Elf King title in Venture tree, and eventually max out the first title in Melee tree. Right now I have my sidekicks' helper skills at lv. 4, so with the first Melee title this gives me: 20% chance to disable enemy counterattack, 120% dodge (with all slates open), and a 32% chance to ignore damage. It also snipes (for free!) the first enemy I see every floor, which is often a pesky ranged one. I make no claims this strategy is top tier or anything, but at the least it's one that requires very little thought for farming all those "do this common thing X times" DP challenges.

One of the neat things about this game is that while there are gumballs and skills and titles that do suck, there isn't one uber combo that melts everything. There are a variety of approaches that work in different dungeons. Dragon Scale Armor + Duke of Destruction title + Venture tier 1 skill for enemy-finding + Magic tier 1 skill for using all scrolls is my current favorite, but Gladiator + Zerg + Spy is fun. Mage + Genie + Terminator gives all three trees and is great for a slow buildup. Bandit + Divine Dragon + Tarot gives you damage, durability, wild card tarot cards and more frequent wishes. Experimenting with Predator + Vampire Hunter in Dracula's Castle now. I haven't even developed some of the late-game favorites like Nobunaga yet. A powered-up Slave gives you an insane 20 treasures at level 51. Holy Warrior and Condo are proving their value in the Xmas event. Lots of possibilities.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

delfin posted:

Holy Warrior and Condo are proving their value in the Xmas event. Lots of possibilities.

I've been using Golden Titan + genie (food level 5) + justice herald (food level 5) for the Xmas event. Genie wish for treasure and use the treasure carpet at Floor 14 if you've got <10 snowballs or are missing the Santa Hat (needed for the house behind the boss). Condo's good for clearing but the boss drops medals each time you hit him with a snowball, so it's better to maximize # of snowballs.

Some other cool combos I've seen in the rankings:
  • Sunflower + Golden Titan + Genie (Avallon Fortress)
  • Merchant + Justice Herald + Genie (Forest of Whispers)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone got any tips for skeleton island? I got to the boss and got wrecked.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know of any other apps to play the board game Hive besides this one? The multiplayer on it seems broken.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

delfin posted:

It's not charges used, it's the level of the skill. You need to feed the Zerg Queen all four foods that increase Exclusive Skill Level, and then all Zergs you summon will have all five buffs.

Thank you!

Also a side question, how do you unlock the Snowball Gumball?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Len posted:

Anyone got any tips for skeleton island? I got to the boss and got wrecked.

Assuming you don't have Zerg Queen: Either go the magic route or Sword sage melee title + X points in its attack line = 25%*X physical resist ignored. What gumballs do you have access to right now?

edit: People are speculating the Snowball gum will come at the end of the event or at some point in the future.

van fem fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 23, 2016

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

AnimalChin posted:

There are two editions of Flow Free (regular and hexes) and of course Hungry Cat Picross - all of which have plenty of levels to complete. These games all have similarities in that they have tons of levels to finish and have a relaxed play-with-one-hand-in-short-bursts style.

Or did you already beat those, too?

Or you could try and beat Infinity Loop :mmmhmm:
I completed Flow Free and Flow Bridges a couple of years ago. Was not aware of the hex version so might give that a spin. Just finishing off the most recently added set of levels in Hungry Cat Picross at the moment :).

I didn't really enjoy Infinity Loop at all because the strategy for it is absolutely trivial regardless of the level size/design. You just work from the outside-in and there is basically only one possible way most tiles can go and the few remaining just drop in. Also the lack of an apparent ending put me off to be honest, I like to know that I can finish a puzzle game!

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Montalvo posted:

Does anyone know of any other apps to play the board game Hive besides this one? The multiplayer on it seems broken.

Board Game Arena officially has mobile support, and it includes Hive (as well as a shitload of other games). It's not an app, it's in browser, but they say it works well.

https://forum.boardgamearena.com/viewtopic.php?t=9888

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Is it hard to come across the predator gumball? I have the mask and he's right there, but I'm really low on coins so I don't know whether I should come back another time or wait until I have enough.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

horriblePencilist posted:

Is it hard to come across the predator gumball? I have the mask and he's right there, but I'm really low on coins so I don't know whether I should come back another time or wait until I have enough.

Can you take a screen shot real quick of what he looks like invisible? I don't think I've seen him spawn but then again, I also have never looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
I more or less just started playing Gumball Dungeon. Just popped my first Divine Dragon. Is it better to go for Gems, coins, or more companions?