Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Does A16 change it so men can actually be bi instead of gay or straight only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

A16 actually makes it so men can only be bi, there are no longer any straights or gays

No, man's bi

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

A16 actually makes it so men can only be bi, there are no longer any straights or gays

No, man's bi

If true can a mod please insert the pertinent comma?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I have no idea if it's true but I hope it is

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
Each pawn (male or female) has a 1.5% chance of being bisexual, in which case they consider pawns of either gender equally attractive SecondaryRomanceChanceFactor-able.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Zhentar posted:

Each pawn (male or female) has a 1.5% chance of being bisexual, in which case they consider pawns of either gender equally attractive SecondaryRomanceChanceFactor-able.

What research is that number based off of?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Very triggered that the game does not simulate kinsey.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Very triggered that the game does not simulate kinsey.

Is this a slider for planet generation?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Computer, set gayness,heat,and moisture to maximum. Simulate. Yes, excellent...excellent.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I I believe it is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_Reports

Researchers sex up a hell of a lot of people(different people) to figure out how sexuality works, or at least presents itself. Kinsey scale which ran from not gay, totally gay an non-sexual. It also produced information on things like sadomasochism.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
The gender and sexuality modeling is so complex and nuanced now that I can't run the game! drat SJWs! :argh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Omnicarus posted:

I'd imagine that with bleeding now being much more deadly the loss of limbs would mean you need to get that person off the field asap or they are goners.

I wish there was a way that you could give you colonists field medicine kits so they could patch one another or themselves in the field or apply tourniquets. Make glitterworld medically kits be the king poo poo that can keep people going for a long, long time while regular medicines just stops bleeding very well for a while and reduces pain, and herbal medicine is just a mild pain reliever and reduces bleeding to a less deadly level.

Technically you could just drop a sleeping spot on the downed guy and mark it medical and keep a couple medicine forbidden by your battlements. Be super fast to rescue and bandage

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
One thing that's new is that when someone gets hit on and rejects it, THEY get a negative mood modifier now too. I really, really hope that one doesn't stack.

On the subject of negative mood, I started a new colony, and my second joiner stumbles in naked, fine meal in one hand and go juices in the other. She apparently came from one hell of a party.

Turns out go juice is pretty expensive too, so now I'm dealing with like 3 weeks of withdrawal, at a bunch of negative modifiers and a -35(!) mood modifier. I've made sure she doesn't have a weapon, but caravanning her to another colony is starting to feel like an attractive option.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Volmarias posted:

One thing that's new is that when someone gets hit on and rejects it, THEY get a negative mood modifier now too. I really, really hope that one doesn't stack.

Can you find out if someone with the Psychopath trait doesn't get that malus?

Because if it does that would somehow make this funnier for me.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

oohhboy posted:

I can't believe you didn't use this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X-R6yKa99g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
It would be kind of nice for some of the negative (and positive!) personality traits to be hidden and/or acquirable over time. Generally you won't willingly allow a pyromaniac into your colony, but you honestly shouldn't know whether or not they're a pyro until after they start setting fires or until they spontaneously refuse to put one out. This probably shouldn't be the case for the initial colonists, but it's a bit odd to know every last detail about random raiders and tribals that attack your settlement.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Started playing this again after a long hiatus to check out the new update.

I had one guy have a soft break and start gorging himself on whatever was on the floor after he couldn't eat at the table. All I can picture is him walking into the dining area, seeing all the seats full and saying, "Oh, well I guess I'M JUST A loving ANIMAL THEN!" then getting on all fours and eating like a pig.

I had another guy get rejected buy a lady for weeks leaving both teetering on the edge, until out of nowhere she agreed to marry him. Way to go Wormie! Your love is like the mountain stream, gentle yet able to carve through the hardest rocks.

I also had a Molotov nail my turkeys during a raid which resulted in a bunch of flaming gobblers running around in the middle of a gun fight.

Game's still a blast. I'm excited about the caravan stuff. I always wanted a game where you can control a group of drug addled raider assholes, which seems like a thing you can do now.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Send those undesirables with Millie to 'raid' a nearby pirate base with no weapons.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Hah, I just got the refugee event, accepted the refugee, Varvara, a 41-year old woman who's actually very skilled and a good colonist for a change, although she has "pretty." The raid shows up and it's (relationship): ex-Lover: Varvara, and her ex-lover raider even has the "ugly" trait

If she had a bionic arm I'd have my own little mad max scenario going on here,.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 22, 2016

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I keep crashing with a Too Many Heaps error. :(

It says to email the crash log to Tynan, but I can't find a submission email on his website or forums anywhere. Am I not looking hard enough, or am I looking exactly hard enough, but am retarded?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Alloy are you implying Furiosa is ugly because if so we are gonna take this outside

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Are the sexy young lesbians still the biggest cause of colony collapses in the new patch?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Coolguye posted:

Alloy are you implying Furiosa is ugly because if so we are gonna take this outside

no hes say the refugee was the Furiosa while the raider was Immortan Joe.

I kinda wish that your caravans could get raided while on the way.

you get an alert, it goes to the caravan and the travelers gotta fend off guys from the middle of the map.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Hihohe posted:

no hes say the refugee was the Furiosa while the raider was Immortan Joe.

I kinda wish that your caravans could get raided while on the way.

you get an alert, it goes to the caravan and the travelers gotta fend off guys from the middle of the map.

Looks like that's implemented in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYecyqAE90 he gets attacked by boars, it'd be weird if pirate attacks never happened. Also its a good explanation of the new overworld caravan/raiding mechanics work.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

For some reason deroofing seems to be the highest priority build action now. Keep this in mind if you are making a big no roof zone in a valley or something.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Does anyone have a weapon pack recommendation for A16? It dawned on me that I'm really only using Glittertech for the pacifier weapon and the Orion Corp weapons that I love so much, and now that it's completely broken the comm panel, I'm just cutting it entirely.

By the way, if you find your comm panel not working, try removing any mods that add new factions. If an added faction has no leader, the comm panel will gently caress up trying to figure out who you're trying to contact and just won't open.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Alaan posted:

For some reason deroofing seems to be the highest priority build action now. Keep this in mind if you are making a big no roof zone in a valley or something.

It's probably because dealing with roofing/deroofing mixed with other construction jobs is infuriating.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

I've discovered that caravans are somewhat buggy. When you set one up, the colonists and prisoners and animals you send on it will prioritize setting up the caravan over eating and sleeping and joy, meaning they end up starving, collapsing, mentally breaking, and miscarrying while waiting for a dude to put corn on a muffalo.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Working as intended.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No said it was going to work OOB since things like this are usually abstracted. Giving them tents would be a good idea. Don't give them a buff for using them at home but do when away so you don't have quite so ridiculous outcomes that are out of you control.

Lunethex posted:

Working as intended.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I tried starting three colonies since A16. First one had Randy throw a psychic drone, a heat wave, and a solar flare at me almost immediately after I built my first cooler unit, causing a break spiral that killed the colony. Second one had Randy throw a manhunter pack of wargs followed by a most gun armed raid at me before I even got power up. Third one had 4 out of 5 colonists contract muscle parasites roughly 10 days in, then all 5 contracted the flu, and then 2 contracted malaria. Everyone died in their beds.

C'mon, son. :qq:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It'd be great if Randy got changed to be worse than Cassandra to get back at people who were sick of the latter :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I had Randy give me toxic fallout and nearly 20 manhunter boomrats at almost the same time. The map doesn't have grass or trees anymore :shepface:

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Anybody have heaters that refuse to connect to the power grid on A16?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

For some reason I feel like starting a colony since A16 has become a lot harder - granted, I'm not a really good player, but maybe Randy did get some kind of boost? Or maybe it's simply a case of random being, well, random.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I feel like the thing to do these days is start on cassandra then switch to randy after a game year or two,.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Presumably cassandra would need to be tweaked if victory can now mean trekking across the entire planet over multiple years without a base.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
If you aren't playing Randy on at last the 2nd hardest difficulty you aren't playing this game right.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Also has prioritization changed a lot? I did my standard setup and I'm having a hell of a time getting people to chop trees or research. God forbid I assign someone to clean/haul because that is their life now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I'll admit that I like the new cleaning mechanism. Your colonist will actually pick up the area instead of having to be babysat, then will go back to what they need to do when you cancel the force job.

I got like 5 raids in one day. The last raid showed how absolutely brutal Pilas can be by de-legging one of my colonists and almost doing the same to another. Said colonist is still in go-juice withdrawal, so the -50% movement from being one legged combined with -50% movement from withdrawal means that she now gets to wait out her withdrawal in bed.

Unrelated, there doesn't seem to be a "install peg leg" operation anymore, do I need to use prosthetics?