Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Scyantific posted:

4500 Zenimax funbux for the Elk mount :lol:

That's $45 right? :eyepop: This stuff is always so expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is there a stamina dk guide post somewhere in this thread? There isn't one linked in the OP.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

syg posted:

New player, only level 14 but loving the game. Looking to do mostly PvE and crafting. Is it possible for me to get an invite even though I'm Daggerfall (Redguard) ?

@kilvak

Invite sent

E: loving lol, the Elk mount doesn't have an armor option and you can't hide saddlebags on it either. Truly a great value Z.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 22, 2016

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I wanted the elk mount but I'm not paying that much :gonk:

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I guess I should join the goon men.

@Veilless invite please.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

I said come in! posted:

That's $45 right? :eyepop: This stuff is always so expensive.

See, I thought that this would mean that they would be unpopular, and yet I saw them absolutely everywhere today.

The cost of a three-month ESO Plus subscription, for a dumb shrieking elk.

The cost of a new game, at full price, for a dumb shrieking elk.

The cost of a really nice dinner for two, for a dumb shrieking elk.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Rollersnake posted:

a dumb shrieking elk.

This is making me want it.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Do I have to do anything special to be allowed to pull some Hallowjack motifs from the goon stash or can I just swap Skinchanger pieces for them like I've been doing for other Skinchanger pieces?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I'd plug in any spare Hollowjacks, but guild stores should still be flooded from skull farming so maybe not mandatory.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Rollersnake posted:

See, I thought that this would mean that they would be unpopular,

The cost of a really nice dinner for two, for a dumb shrieking elk.

Ehhhhhhhhh. I mean maybe you live somewhere that you can actually say this, but 45 bucks is barely enough to cover 2 burgers and a beer at the pub.

Maybe a nice lunch for 2 where you both order water.

E: deffo not buying it, but I can see how people justify it

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 23, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's four and a half trips to a China Buffett.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
if you're a subber, you'll eventually arrive at a point where you just don't have anything to spend crowns on and start accumulating them. that was the case for me at least, which is why I went ahead and got myself

Rollersnake posted:

a dumb shrieking elk.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

Do I have to do anything special to be allowed to pull some Hallowjack motifs from the goon stash or can I just swap Skinchanger pieces for them like I've been doing for other Skinchanger pieces?
I don't think anyone will complain if you just take the hallowjack pieces you need, since when I checked last night the guild bank was full again.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Don't be a dick and clear it out to sell them, but every motif and recipe that gets put in the guild bank is there to take because they're duplicates.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 23, 2016

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

St. Blaize posted:

I'm level 24 and I'm wondering if it's worth training my crafting skills to make my gear at this point or are drops plenty? I have not trained up any of my crafting yet

I did this too and fair warning, you're going to be miserable unless you have it in you to farm a lot of skyshards. Crafting takes up so many skill points.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

The problem with crafting your own gear while levelling is you likely haven't researched enough traits to have access to good sets. The 'training' trait is great pre cp160.

It's a good idea to start researching early with as many pieces as you can find while levelling, and deconstructing pieces you find will help level up the crafting skill.

Just ask in guild chat for someone to make you a levelling set of gear or for specific research pieces.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

g0del posted:

I don't think anyone will complain if you just take the hallowjack pieces you need, since when I checked last night the guild bank was full again.

Groovy.

What do filigreed colovian fur hoods seem to be selling for?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
How do you set up your bars as a pvp magika templar ? I've been using double xp and black friday scrolls to grind one, but im not sure how to pvp with it.

I've got destro staff, duel blade and some resto staff from dungeons, and im going to start working on sword and shield after someone told me you live way longer in pvp with that.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Saint Sputnik posted:

Groovy.

What do filigreed colovian fur hoods seem to be selling for?

4-5k on the EU server, I imagine it's comparable on the NA one.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
If I have a race change token, can I use it to preview what a character would look like as another race or play around with their appearance in the editor without using up the token, or do I only get to do some/all of that stuff after the token is consumed?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
This game has race change tokens? I never knew!

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Rollersnake posted:

If I have a race change token, can I use it to preview what a character would look like as another race or play around with their appearance in the editor without using up the token, or do I only get to do some/all of that stuff after the token is consumed?

I believe you can gently caress around as much as you want and you only spend the token the moment you hit confirm. not 100% sure though, been a while since I last used one so it'd be nice if anyone could corroborate.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

inflatable fish posted:

I believe you can gently caress around as much as you want and you only spend the token the moment you hit confirm. not 100% sure though, been a while since I last used one so it'd be nice if anyone could corroborate.

This is correct. All three of those account tokens are only spent upon confirming the changes you want.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Clearly the Azura's Star campaign needed a Fengrush emperorship to start the new cycle.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
The elk is $45?!? See I play on Xbox (so lonely) and my DK is named Moosecrusher so I felt like I needed that elk. Oh well :sigh:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pez posted:

The elk is $45?!? See I play on Xbox (so lonely) and my DK is named Moosecrusher so I felt like I needed that elk. Oh well :sigh:

Well technically it's like 30 bucks. Still overpriced as gently caress tho.

E: Also, Froid and I have been circlejerking in Cyrodiil all day and I got some half-decent clips so expect a ~*sick*~ 2-man video soon :pcgaming:

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Just wanted to chime in and say a big thanks to Scyantific for making Julianos for my Magblade when she hit CP ranks. Coming over from console and having to start over with nothing was what made me hold off for so long, but yall been some helpful peeps. Now almost CP120 and still using that CP10 gear so trying to decide if I should get cp120 Julianos crafted or just burn to CP160 and start using those crafting surveys....

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I vote burn to 160, because that's a big jump in materials, and is worth the wait. Good luck. Keep your keg buff up.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DoriDori240 posted:

Just wanted to chime in and say a big thanks to Scyantific for making Julianos for my Magblade when she hit CP ranks. Coming over from console and having to start over with nothing was what made me hold off for so long, but yall been some helpful peeps. Now almost CP120 and still using that CP10 gear so trying to decide if I should get cp120 Julianos crafted or just burn to CP160 and start using those crafting surveys....

I'll get you once you hit 160. I have thousands of silk that I don't use

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
You guys are going to seriously make me move over to pc :sigh:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMrb1ik4cCc

Welcome to a typical night on Azura's Star. 25+ DC to take down an outpost held by 7-10 EP.

E: This is what the map looks like as of this morning.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 26, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Froid and Scy making GBS threads on DC nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpvtW0C2XLM

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Side note, what addon displays the cyrodil notifications i.e. such and such keep is no longer under attack, etc?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DoriDori240 posted:

Side note, what addon displays the cyrodil notifications i.e. such and such keep is no longer under attack, etc?

For PvP I use:

Kill Counter Report for recording kills, killing blows, deaths, KDR
Pointificator for recording AP gained, AP gain per hour, current AvA rank progression, and overall campaign rank
Cyrodiil Alert II to track overall map action
and
Miat's PvP Alerts to track how many opponents are within an area.

HOWEVER, Miat's is generating a bit of controversy right now because it also has a feature (that admittedly, I use) that alerts you when someone begins a sneak attack against you, basically nullifying 90% of gankers in Cyrodiil. People say it's cheating and I'm inclined to agree with them, but A)gently caress the procfag gankblade meta, and B)the only reason this addon even works is because of developer stupidity in leaving that sort of information in the API available to the general public, and they've already said that no one will be banned for using it. They'll update the API eventually to disable this kind of stuff, but there's also the risk of breaking a ton of PvE addons. So, use and abuse it while we can, etc.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Can I grab an invite to the guild, @Asherah93 ?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
all hail emperor froid, the emp we deserve

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hours later and I'm still laughing at the phenomenally stupid decision by Wrobel and Lambert to remove crits from proc-sets.

PvP-wise, proctards will still be a thing while PvE gets the shaft. PvP crowd did NOT want that sort of change.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
is it a good idea to craft some ok sets at ~level 46 and do pvp to level up the skills?

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Can someone shoot me an invite to the crafting guild? @nonpromqueen

Likewise, if anyone knows any good trade guilds or can send me an invite to one of those, that'd be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy1
Feb 20, 2011
Could I get a guild invite? @mochiluv is the name. Thanks!