Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cool, thanks. I've been looking for a good partner for my shiny toxicroak, and it just occured to me pelipper would be a good rain / surf bot

edit: while I'm thinking ahead, what do people think of imprison? I was thinking it might be interesting to breed a Gardevoir with Psychic / Trick Room / Imprison / Protect, because I feel like it would really gently caress with the 2017 meta.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

greatn posted:

Is that TM that's like an electric special attack U turn any good? I put it on my Raichu, it seems like a good move

It's good.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Protect/Imprison is always a bold stratagem.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

greatn posted:

Is that TM that's like an electric special attack U turn any good? I put it on my Raichu, it seems like a good move

Just avoid ground types and Alolan Marowak, then it's pretty good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's the Rocky Helmet glitch? Also weren't there a few moves that were glitched as well, what was wrong with them?

Rocky Helmet caused the fainted Pokemon to be considered the winner if the attacker died from Rocky Helmet damage.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TFRazorsaw posted:

Oh no.

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo

What happened to the Lilipup?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The Stoutland perished carrying Lillie to safety during escape, she refuses to battle over it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that lillipup is TYPE NULL

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's from the newest episode of the anime, yeah. Here's a short plot summary:

The principal of the school, Samson Oak, assign Ash and Lillie to watch over an egg. For the assignment Ash visits Lillie's mansion and there he sees that picture. He naturally is confused at why Lillie is able to interact with and touch Pokémon in the picture but not in the present day.

Her butler explains Lillie was once perfectly alright around Pokémon, until she went on a trip with her mother, in which the picture was taken. But something happened that Lillie can't remember, and by the time she got back, she had her phobia of Pokémon.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Clearly it's Mohn's and it perished during his time in Ultra Space.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I know it's a running joke in the community,

but first time I use Stone Edge in game and I miss three times in a row.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My mega pinsir's name is Stone Miss

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
There's a Team Skull member in Po Town with some pretty hilarious dialogue about that.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I know it's a running joke in the community,

but first time I use Stone Edge in game and I miss three times in a row.

It can miss? Could have fooled me with how often I forget what has a Rock weakness and then eat one.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I finally did it. I'm a Pokemon Master! (And I still haven't beaten the Elite 4 yet)

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Internet Kraken posted:

You know that old Stoutland in the previous episode that adopted Litten?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Merry early Christmas thread

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's from the newest episode of the anime, yeah. Here's a short plot summary:

The principal of the school, Samson Oak, assign Ash and Lillie to watch over an egg. For the assignment Ash visits Lillie's mansion and there he sees that picture. He naturally is confused at why Lillie is able to interact with and touch Pokémon in the picture but not in the present day.

Her butler explains Lillie was once perfectly alright around Pokémon, until she went on a trip with her mother, in which the picture was taken. But something happened that Lillie can't remember, and by the time she got back, she had her phobia of Pokémon.

im very excited for the eventually scene where Lillie bitchslaps her mom.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Pokemon Sun and Moon: Nebby is unbaggable/Nebby is not bag

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

Pokemon Sun and Moon: Nebby is unbaggable/Nebby is not bag

You Can (Not) Get In

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
nevermind stardust crusaders fits perfectly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
SuMo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 Nebby Is Unbagable

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Is this for VGC or just general doubles? Lots of stuff is banned in VGC that is still allowed in normal doubles.

Regardless, an easy way to to figure out more stuff to add to your team is to cover the weaknesses of your core pokemon. Right off the bat you've got the 4x poison weakness on Whimsicott, so you'll want pokemon that are resistant to it for switch ins. Metagross is a steel type that really benefits from tailwind, so it would naturally be a good choice. However it shares a weakness to ground with Marowak. So if you did run them, you'd definitely want something immune to ground to cover your weaknesses better. Metagross would also have a dark weakness shared by Starmie, but that's not nearly as much of a problem as a shared ground weakness.

Starmie itself I'm not sure what to do with. I don't see anyone really using it but I'm not sure why myself. I wouldn't bother with rapid spin though; entry hazards almost never come up in doubles. Rapid spin would only really help with leech seed from Celesteela but its not worth carrying it just for that.

I'm probably just gonna gently caress around in Battle Tree and Battle Spot for now, but who knows, maybe I'll go totally crazy for this game and step it up after that? Who knows.

I'm also having trouble deciding how I want to kit my Whimsicott out, moves-wise. Four slots seriously is not enough. Tailwind is for sure, but I can't decide if I want to run Encore, or Taunt, or both, or if I want to run Stun Spore for extra speed control or Giga Drain to help it stick around to land more Tailwinds/Encores/Taunts. It seems like Encore would be better for a Tailwind user because of how important it is to get that move off on turn one, but that leaves my whole team vulnerable to Trick Room users.

If it didn't take so long to get Pokémon leveled and EV-trained I probably wouldn't be agonizing over this so much!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

I finally did it. I'm a Pokemon Master! (And I still haven't beaten the Elite 4 yet)

At this point I'm waiting for Pokemon Bank to get updated. I finished Melemele but outside of the dragon on Poni, all I have left seem to be previous generation Pokemon.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

What's the best UB or legendary to hoard if I want to trade once the pokebank opens up. Working on getting extra celesteela and tapu koko, are those going to be worth anything comes January on the GTS?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Dehry posted:

At this point I'm waiting for Pokemon Bank to get updated. I finished Melemele but outside of the dragon on Poni, all I have left seem to be previous generation Pokemon.

its honestly not that bad to get the full pokedex in this game (might be a bit harder for the legendaries now that less people trade for castform). I finished a complete living pokedex and caught every variety of Minior in a beast ball just a few days ago thanks to trading Damp Paras. All I need to do now is actually remember to do the island scan for those pokemon with egg moves

A neat touch this game is when you fill up a box completely the icon changes to a full closed one, making it easier to track what sections of the pokedex you still need to fill are left

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

A word of warning about this map is although it is useful for knowing the general area where pokemon are the game has it so you can only find certain pokemon in certain patches like with pichu in route 1. If you're looking for a certain pokemon's location specifically use the Serebii alola region tab to find exactly where the patch of grass the pokemon you are looking for actually is in

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Man, I don't what the gently caress Gamefreak was thinking with this 'Bank in January' poo poo. I'm jonesing for another playthrough but I don't wanna lose all the cool stuff I've collected

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Merry early Christmas thread

This is beautiful, bit I feel bad for all those Alolan Exeggutors in the background. This hail will just slaughter them with their crippling ice weakness.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I wonder why they still refuse to bring gems back. Those were pretty swell in Black/White, if not overpowered. But they nerfed them in X/Y anyways, despite only normal gems being obtainable.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Theta Zero posted:

I wonder why they still refuse to bring gems back. Those were pretty swell in Black/White, if not overpowered. But they nerfed them in X/Y anyways, despite only normal gems being obtainable.

Well they're all in the Data. I assume they're going to show up one day.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It's to preserve the delicate balance of power and not require everyone to start the battle with Knock Off.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Theta Zero posted:

I think they were used a lot in the Gen V VGCs and that's why they got nerfed to 30%. Though consdering that Z-Crystals are essentially more limited (and versatile) versions of them, I doubt they'll return. Acrobatics + Flying Gem was a really strong item combo that's pretty much on the level of a Z-move.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I was skeptical about that whole "trading Castform for legendaries" thing, but one Solgaleo later...

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Enallyniv posted:

I was skeptical about that whole "trading Castform for legendaries" thing, but one Solgaleo later...

I'm actually sad January is nearly upon us and the Castform for Legendaries train is going to be over.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dienes posted:

I'm actually sad January is nearly upon us and the Castform for Legendaries train is going to be over.

I'm panically breeding Litwicks so I can get some pokes before the Bank Crash.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Question for the Castform/Mareanie profiteers: are you IV breeding these guys? Giving them a specific nature? Or is any run-of-the-mill hard-to-find-but-breedable Pokémon worth (many times) it's weight in legendaries?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

runchild posted:

Question for the Castform/Mareanie profiteers: are you IV breeding these guys? Giving them a specific nature? Or is any run-of-the-mill hard-to-find-but-breedable Pokémon worth (many times) it's weight in legendaries?

Nature isn't gonna matter and definitely not IVs since those are totally invisible on GTS. Pretty much everyone just wants these pokemon for the dex data and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

When I stopped trading Castforms the final batch had been 5IV modest Castforms in a heal ball. When I started trading them they were pretty terrible tho, they just had the nature going for them. They just got better over time as I hatched more of them and got better parents (like a 6IV Ditto).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 23, 2016