Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

i'm glad that jirou, the coolest character, was so highly ranked in the poll. a step in the right direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Fabricated posted:

Jirou gets a lot of time in SMASH characterized as kind of a fujo and the butt of various jokes.
Isnt it the opposite? She's not the butt of the jokes, she clowns on other people (mostly Iida)?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I just like the Medieval/Monster hunter themed costumes the top 10 got.

Even if Tsuyu's in a barmaid's outfit.

Especially because Tsuyu's in one actually.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this chapter's quality almost makes up for ochako only being #10 what the hell japan

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is All Might wielding the Buster Sword?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Apraxin posted:

Isnt it the opposite? She's not the butt of the jokes, she clowns on other people (mostly Iida)?

When does she kiss Momo?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

this chapter's quality almost makes up for ochako only being #10 what the hell japan

She's barely done anything since the last poll.

Like, that doesn't mean much since Jirou's done less but it could partially account for the dropped ranks.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She's barely done anything since the last poll.

Like, that doesn't mean much since Jirou's done less but it could partially account for the dropped ranks.

she should be coasting off of the bakugou fight for like, 3 years

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Yeah I was gonna be upset that my favorite characters dropped, but Tsuyu and Ochako haven't done anything spectacular lately.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

chumbler posted:

When does she kiss Momo?

Romance is forbidden.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

she should be coasting off of the bakugou fight for like, 3 years

Yeah but All Might's fight with All For One actually dropped him some ranks, so clearly fights don't actually matter!

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah but All Might's fight with All For One actually dropped him some ranks, so clearly fights don't actually matter!

I think they matter quite a bit, since most of the people that got more than he did were a) in really spectacular fights, or b) had some real character defining moments, or both. Kirishima and Todoroki fulfilled both of those, even if the latter did fall a little) leaving Jirou and Aizawa as outliers, who I think gained in favor due to personality and design.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
All Might's character design probably doesn't resonate with the Japanese as much as with Western audiences I suspect.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

resurgam40 posted:

I think they matter quite a bit, since most of the people that got more than he did were a) in really spectacular fights, or b) had some real character defining moments, or both. Kirishima and Todoroki fulfilled both of those, even if the latter did fall a little) leaving Jirou and Aizawa as outliers, who I think gained in favor due to personality and design.

All Might also had both though. And his were the best!

ChronoReverse posted:

All Might's character design probably doesn't resonate with the Japanese as much as with Western audiences I suspect.

He was only ranked 1 spot higher in the West than in Japan in the first poll. Guy is popular.

Edit: Anyway the English poll might make me even sadder because Iida's probably going to miss out on the top 10 again. :(

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 22, 2016

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
this devastating setback for mineta is only going to make his glorious rise to the top spot that much more dramatic

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

soon, the shoes will have more votes than mineta

as should be

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mineta wouldn't mind if the shoes belonged to one of the girls

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

why isn't she #1

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

All Might also had both though. And his were the best!

He was only ranked 1 spot higher in the West than in Japan in the first poll. Guy is popular.

Edit: Anyway the English poll might make me even sadder because Iida's probably going to miss out on the top 10 again. :(

Well, another factor nobody is really considering is the number of new voters, over 1600; it could be a bigger audience just shifted things around. Even the guy what voted for Deku's shoe gained a friend! :3:

In All-Might's case, it might have been the "Teaching for Dummies" thing; Aizawa is a much better teacher even if All Might is a better hero and better guy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can't believe that the frog girl died and is never coming back, but hell, who am I to question it?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

All Guts is cool and good

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
it might not seem like it, but this latest chapter actually makes bakugo even more sasuke

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Props to that guy who voted Megaman X, the Mahvel hype is real.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Law Cheetah posted:

it might not seem like it, but this latest chapter actually makes bakugo even more sasuke

The only thing that's keeping Bakugo from going full-Vegeta is that he's not making out with Mei.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

mike tyson is sasuke

Also Mineta deserves more love. :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I would have voted for Deku's shoe too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Poison Mushroom posted:

I would have voted for Deku's shoe too.

You'll be seeing a lot more of it now that he's transition from punching to kicking.

Surprised it hasn't ranked higher what with the additional screentime.

Maybe the fans of Deku's shoe feel like they're being pandered too and they're not happy with that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hate-Senpai posted:

You'll be seeing a lot more of it now that he's transition from punching to kicking.

Maybe the fans of Deku's shoe feel like they're being pandered too and they're not happy with that.
Clearly, we should all organize and vote for Deku's Kneepads.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All Might is holding the Dragonslayer on his picture, though it's a little hidden by everything.

They told Toshinori to go double best boy and he actually did it! The absolute madman!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Hate-Senpai posted:

The poll may have been wrapped up before he developed shoot style, and we're only just now finding out the results.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hate-Senpai posted:

Nah, the real problem is that Deku's shoe vote is split in half by it's nature.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Where are all the votes for Deku's mom?!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TriffTshngo posted:

The poll may have been wrapped up before he developed shoot style, and we're only just now finding out the results.

I guess that's a possibility, but probably not the sole factor.

Gyges posted:

Nah, the real problem is that Deku's shoe vote is split in half by it's nature.

I guess if we only had one shoe around that would make it one lonely sole.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hate-Senpai posted:

I guess if we only had one shoe around that would make it one lonely sole.
A pun like that was no mean feet.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Poison Mushroom posted:

A pun like that was no mean feet.

Thanks to constant exposure to One for All's radiation, Deku's shoe has become almost as powerful as his Shoot Style technique; I guess you could say he's got a pair of pumped-up kicks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poltergrift posted:

Thanks to constant exposure to One for All's radiation, Deku's shoe has become almost as powerful as his Shoot Style technique; I guess you could say he's got a pair of pumped-up kicks.
Wow, that one was a real leap

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I reckon Kuro fell in ranking because his chuuninbyu trait was exposed and a lot of people who love edgy guys fell off the train there, so I think his placement is now more pure fans than before, which is perfectly fine. I love that he drew Mega man X and Pikachu, I suppose there are no laws against that?

Side-note: Hate-senpai, your avatar is distractingly cute. What is that from?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mordaedil posted:

I reckon Kuro fell in ranking because his chuuninbyu trait was exposed and a lot of people who love edgy guys fell off the train there, so I think his placement is now more pure fans than before, which is perfectly fine. I love that he drew Mega man X and Pikachu, I suppose there are no laws against that?

Side-note: Hate-senpai, your avatar is distractingly cute. What is that from?

She's Sachiko from iDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS.

Cute is an apt phrase cause she calls herself "Kawaii Boku."

Avatar is literally saying 1 + 1 = Kawaii Boku.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

where are the votes for the kid in the chest

Say Nothing posted:

Ok, I need to see this kid's power in action.

this one

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i went back and read the new chapter again today

drat