Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It's intended. You can actually activate the flag with a gameshark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Hmm... should she get Counterattack twice, though? Like I got it at level 2 and level 3. I didn't want to keep experiment​ at that time because I was kinda panicking (like I just spent a lot of time to unlock Chara after all and I did not want her to be broken). In GGG it seems like appearance is just visual (since you can swap it at will when forming your group) and I did not notice any stat changes or anything like that. I may be wrong.

Like Stabbington said Mashymere, Chara and Riddhe all have stat changes, the biggest and most obvious change being Mashymere and Chara either having an Awaken stat or not. Chara and Mashymere have different starting skills, if you buy them in their Cyber Newtype form then they have Cyber Newtype as their starting ability. I believe that both versions get the same skills as they level up, but in a different order. Marida also has an alternate form that is a solid red tension bar with slightly different stats, but she learns the same skills in the same order as she levels up, though her stat growths are different! She gets much higher Awaken as regular Marida, higher shooting and melee in the other. Mallet Sanguine has different stats and tension bar for his two versions too.

Getting counterattack twice is definitely a bug though, I got Cyber Newtype Chara and kept her like that and she learned Counterattack at either 2 or 3 and only once.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Raxivace posted:

In SRWJ, is this thing about not deploying the Zeorymer unless required to get the Great Zeorymer some kind of glitch or is it an intended mechanic?

I have to assume it's intended.

Keep in mind that Masato isn't too thrilled to be it's pilot.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 22, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

WrightOfWay posted:

It's intended. You can actually activate the flag with a gameshark.
Alrighty then. If it wasn't intended I think I would have used the gameshark method. I'll try it the way the game wants though.

Schwarzwald posted:

I have to assume it's intended.
I wasn't sure since it just sounds like a weird way to get an upgrade, and SRWJ does have some weird glitches in it based on what I've read online.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I wasn't sure since it just sounds like a weird way to get an upgrade, and SRWJ does have some weird glitches in it based on what I've read online.

it's kind of because deploying Zeorymer is a 'bad thing' and the game is rewarding you for minimizing it.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Okay, if this is the case then great. Sorry for panicking about this but I had no idea as the game isn't very clear about this at any point during getting the character. I had only played Overworld previously for a few hours so I never got around to using characters with multiple appearances. Like I really wanted to get Chara and here her skills were just changing on me without any explanation.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Okay, if this is the case then great. Sorry for panicking about this but I had no idea as the game isn't very clear about this at any point during getting the character. I had only played Overworld previously for a few hours so I never got around to using characters with multiple appearances. Like I really wanted to get Chara and here her skills were just changing on me without any explanation.

Check the stats on both appearances before you buy and you'll see the numbers be different and if you hit triangle you can see their starting skills and abilities.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

EthanSteele posted:

Check the stats on both appearances before you buy and you'll see the numbers be different and if you hit triangle you can see their starting skills and abilities.

Problem is I already bought her and saved. What should happen if I swap appearances when she is already levelled up a bit?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Problem is I already bought her and saved. What should happen if I swap appearances when she is already levelled up a bit?

Worst comes to worst there's an option to reset pilots back to default in the character menu.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Thanks guys. Got all this Chara Soon stuff figured out now. I reset her as non Awakened and her first skill is Counterattack while if she is Awakened it is Cyber-Newtype.

So the game freaks out if I change appearance after scouting her I guess?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Thanks guys. Got all this Chara Soon stuff figured out now. I reset her as non Awakened and her first skill is Counterattack while if she is Awakened it is Cyber-Newtype.

So the game freaks out if I change appearance after scouting her I guess?

That sucks and is a crap bug. I'm glad there was a solution at least.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Raxivace posted:

That's what I always thought MSF or Diamond Dogs should have as a gimmick if they ever make it into an SRW game, since Peace Walker and MGSV have you stealing vehicles and stuff anyways.

It's like, Big Boss can ride a Mass Produced Great Mazinger he ballooned somewhere, why not.

I could almost believe in a world where Zone of Enders made it in and brought along REX and RAY just because it'd be cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just want to live in a universe where Kirby Robobot was in a srw game.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Kirby Robobot, Sgt. Frog and Megaman Legends/Tron Bonne all hanging out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Super Robot Wars V's English release will be simultaneous with the Japanese one. Also get a look at the English localization in the screenshots!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Super Robot Wars V's English release will be simultaneous with the Japanese one. Also get a look at the English localization in the screenshots!

Huh. It already looks like a step up from Moon Dwellers. Nothing instantly laughable in any of those shots.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

English is looking good.

How are these bonus things going to work? Am I going to need to make a foreign PSN account to download them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Policenaut posted:

The only complaint I have is 'Breast Burn' instead of Breast Fire.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Endorph posted:

The only complaint I have is 'Breast Burn' instead of Breast Fire.

I'm pretty sure that Tetsuya uses 'Breast Burn' even in Japanese because he's not quite Koji Kabuto.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luceid posted:

I'm pretty sure that Tetsuya uses 'Breast Burn' even in Japanese because he's not quite Koji Kabuto.
Oh, I'm not exactly a big mazinger expert, so if that's accurate then I now have 0 complaints.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Endorph posted:

Oh, I'm not exactly a big mazinger expert, so if that's accurate then I now have 0 complaints.

ain't no big deal, it just sounded familiar from the older games and upon looking it up, yeah, ブレスト バーン it is.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Ple...

drat it, I know it's the official one but I still do not like it!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

Ple...

drat it, I know it's the official one but I still do not like it!

Considering it even appears onscreen in English in Unicorn, it's never gonna go away.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Considering it even appears onscreen in English in Unicorn, it's never gonna go away.

But, but... "Plepleplepleple" sounds awful! :qq:

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Super hyped for it and, outside of two or three on the list, I'm looking forward to it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Can't wait for GRUNGUSTO ZAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhDtQr21-9Y

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The way they described which characters you can use reads like a weird translation.

The fact that the line in that first screenshot is easily recognizable as a known English phrase and not something like "If it's kill or was kill..." gives me hope.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

So I guess this confirms that there's no Premium Anime Song edition outside of Japan huh?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I know this is kind of nitpicky, but I've been looking at the text of earlier games like Alpha 2 lately and noticing a whole lot of white text over white or mustard yellow background.

They haven't gotten much better in that regard.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

So I guess this confirms that there's no Premium Anime Song edition outside of Japan huh?

Wasn't that like First Edition thing?

Either way, considering how they only released info on MD's EN Premium Edition like, what, two weeks before release, I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

Either way, considering how they only released info on MD's EN Premium Edition like, what, two weeks before release, I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

The premium sound edition is a separate version to the normal one. But they might release an EN one.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Do I need to be logged into my Singapore PSN account on my PS4 to play DLC or is it a once to download and can happily play on my EN account? I thought it was the latter but lately I've been reading the former in some dark corners of the internet.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I've played every game I downloaded off Japanese PSN on my main US account, including MD, so I assume I'll be doing the same for V and you can do that with your Asia account.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You can play Singapore PSN DLC on your non-Singapore account.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
You know, I know what I said about the setting looking interesting, but that really just comes down to this being the first all-new console SRW in nine years, doesn't it? And I missed UX and BX, too.

And it seems to have a couple of interesting ideas on top of that.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ethiser posted:

You can play Singapore PSN DLC on your non-Singapore account.

As long as the Singapore account is set to that PS4 as the main PS4 the DLC will work with any other accounts on the system.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I know this is kind of nitpicky, but I've been looking at the text of earlier games like Alpha 2 lately and noticing a whole lot of white text over white or mustard yellow background.

They haven't gotten much better in that regard.

I noticed that screenshot too. I guess they figured the time that Ruri's cutin is on-screen was short enough to not warrant some tweaks to make text viewable, like a black border around the letters.

But yeah, Banpresto does need to scale that habit back.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Brunom1 posted:

But, but... "Plepleplepleple" sounds awful! :qq:

In G Gen Genesis its written as "Pah-pah-pah Ple!" like she just has a weird stutter and its no good.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

True, I was mainly thinking since theyr'e releasing at the same time, and not weeks apart like MD we mgiht not have time. I have my pre-order in for it either way.

It might not get an EN release due to liscensing the music though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Hunter Noventa posted:

True, I was mainly thinking since theyr'e releasing at the same time, and not weeks apart like MD we mgiht not have time. I have my pre-order in for it either way.

It might not get an EN release due to liscensing the music though.

That's what had me worried and got me to preorder the Japanese premium version. I'm not sure how they'll handle music outside Japan. When the US release of initial D came out they couldn't get any of the rights to the Euro beat music so they filled it in with generic action music.

• Locked thread