Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Just get both or either and don't expect a perfect experience from either and don't expect either to be definitive experiences that tell you what every other final fantasy is like.

Tales and Dragon Quest games tend to be more similar to each other then final fantasy games.Even the last 5 in a row share little in common, be it battle systems character archetypes or otherwise (X-XV) Hell two other those 5 in particular are MMO's, one had the first sequel in the series, then the next non mmo had the second, and then the NEXT non MMO has the 3rd and 1st appearance of a second sequel for an FF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mayor McCheese posted:

If you can tolerate a Tales game, WoFF is perfectly fine. Unless you absolutely can't stand Tama, I suppose?
Though a Tales game would be more like FFXV on the combat end. Going in circles!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tama is awesome.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Takoluka posted:

Tama is the-awesome.

ftfy

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tama is fine you goons will complain about everything.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

SectumSempra posted:

Just get both or either and don't expect a perfect experience from either and don't expect either to be definitive experiences that tell you what every other final fantasy is like.

Tales and Dragon Quest games tend to be more similar to each other then final fantasy games.Even the last 5 in a row share little in common, be it battle systems character archetypes or otherwise (X-XV) Hell two other those 5 in particular are MMO's, one had the first sequel in the series, then the next non mmo had the second, and then the NEXT non MMO has the 3rd and 1st appearance of a second sequel for an FF.

There's a Final Fantasy XII-2? Are you talking about the DS game or the Zodiac version?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

A much the-better quotation.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The NieR Automata demo is out now on the Japanese PSN, allegedly it has English text/VA support so hey you might wanna jump on that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Seems to be the case
https://twitter.com/dodonpahchi/status/811746065317654528

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

This demo is rad as hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

The NieR Automata demo is out now on the Japanese PSN, allegedly it has English text/VA support so hey you might wanna jump on that.

Oh loving aces, downloading it now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Just finished the demo, it's really big and cool and my only complaint is that you don't get a ton of time to really have a good sword fight against an enemy that lets you mess around with all the mechanics.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LawfulWaffle posted:

There's a Final Fantasy XII-2? Are you talking about the DS game or the Zodiac version?
He's talking about the DS game, I'd imagine.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Any issues going back and forth between Online and Offline mode in BB? I'm assuming you can pause for real in Offline mode and I'm gonna want to do that at some point (been doing exclusively Online thus far).

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Policenaut posted:

:f5:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The demo is awesome and my only complaint is that the whole game isn't out so I can't play it right friggin now!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Minidust posted:

Any issues going back and forth between Online and Offline mode in BB? I'm assuming you can pause for real in Offline mode and I'm gonna want to do that at some point (been doing exclusively Online thus far).

You cant. Youre safe just chilling though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nier is my most anticipated game but I'm not gonna play the demo partially because I want all the game to be new when I play it and partially because I know it'll make the wait even more unbearable

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Well, I picked up Final Fantasy XV. It sounds like it's exactly what I expected it to be from this thread. I'll find out in about a week.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

You cant. Youre safe just chilling though.

to be clear, you can't pause in any mode. if you want to take a break, you're best off going back to the Hunter's Dream or finding a safe spot somewhere to hang out. obviously, you can't do this in the middle of a fight or anything

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 22, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

are you sure about that? i am like 90% sure you can pause the game in offline mode.

edit: huh i guess not. it's not super important tho because you can just suspend the game isntead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can't pause any Souls game

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

rabidsquid posted:

are you sure about that? i am like 90% sure you can pause the game in offline mode.

edit: huh i guess not. it's not super important tho because you can just suspend the game isntead

When you do that the game still plays. I've suspended a game standing in the middle of a level and come back to play, resume, and I'm at a lantern.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That's why you quit out to the main menu when you want to pause a Souls game, since it'll save your exact place to load back up. A little cumbersome sure but it's there.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Does that work for Bloodborne?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ripley posted:

The big deal here is usually the Boxing Day / January sales, so they'll start on the 25th or 26th probably.

....or the 23rd apparently.

EU January sale appears to be live now. Not sure if there's anything that amazing as new releases are getting discounted so quickly at retail. But I think a lot of the games that were in the 2 for 1 thing are in it separately now.

Actually a pretty big sale. 448 PS4 items, although a lot of that is DLC or microtransaction stuff.

Hitman Complete First Season at £24 is pretty drat sweet.

Aaaaaand I just bought Knack (no poo poo, my kid wants it and it's down to 5 bucks). It'll almost certainly be free soon now.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 23, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How's Deus Ex Mankind Divided?

Want to buy Batman Telltale also.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Kurtofan posted:

How's Deus Ex Mankind Divided?

Solid and polished. I found the story fairly dull, and a lot of that is due to how seriously it takes itself. But mechanically it's pretty good. Although the style of combat is different it reminded me a bit of the Arkham games in terms of lots of guys in a kill room vs one stealthy bad-rear end with a lot of gadgets. That part could be a lot of fun. From a technical PoV it's probably better than most, if not all, similar games this year, but there's nothing outlandish or remarkable about it that makes it particularly memorable. Absolutely worth grabbing at a good sales price if you enjoyed the last one though.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 23, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is the season pass recommended for it? Can I skip it?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Once I was done with the game I didn't feel a need to play any more of it so didn't bother. I think it's a couple of missions (one isn't out yet) and various weapons and boosters which you don't really need. Fairly underwhelming, unless it's just five bucks more than the base game or something I doubt it's worth it.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
:lol: at preorder for Don Bradman Cricket 2017 for £55. The original one is £60 in the store and I don't think it's ever been discounted more than £10. I would actually like to play this game, but have never seen it for less than £50... so that's not happening. Pretty sure the older one is a PS3 port as well.

Edit: Actually new one is out and £45 on Amazon. But... nah.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 23, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Vita version of Grand Kingdom is finally discounted (£12), and Cold Steel 2 is £20 down from £35.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is the season pass recommended for it? Can I skip it?

Skip it. Its a few missions obviously carved out of the campaign for dlc and they are just more of the same gameplay in less impressive locations. The game was very clearly meddled with and cut down to create additional dlc and save a lot of content for an inevitable sequel.

The silver lining is that the one area they left in the game is very sidequest dense to compensate for taking so much else out

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Darn, I was hoping Abzû would get a discount, since it got one a couple of weeks ago and I just missed it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pennfalath posted:

Darn, I was hoping Abzû would get a discount, since it got one a couple of weeks ago and I just missed it.

Grab the physical release that comes in january with some of you holiday money and then trade it in after for a makeshift discount. Theres little replay value anyway

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Vita version of Grand Kingdom is finally discounted (£12), and Cold Steel 2 is £20 down from £35.

I see I have until Jan 21 to beat CS1..

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I haven't even finished TiTS FC let alone touched my preordered physical copy of CS1 so I'm going to wait a bit longer before getting CS2. :v:

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
PSN Flash Sale is up!

Offers end 12/26/2016 8AM PT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!