Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So Walking Dead Season 3 came out and I'm not giving telltale a dime but was curious anyway so I watched the first "episode" and a little of the second one on youtube.

God loving drat I'm glad they won't be touching that dumpster fire. The writing is somehow a million times worse then season 2 and genuinely probably the worst thing Telltale has put out that I can remember. Nothing makes sense in that story and I had to tap out pretty fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I want TWDS3 on the channel with Pat/Liam for the off-chance of Omikronesque arguments over Kenny.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They need to save TWDS3 for when the boss man comes back

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't want TWD wasting a slot on the channel.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

I don't want TWD wasting a slot on the channel.

you're wasting a slot on the channel :colbert:

If TWDS3 is that much of a trash fire I wanna see it!!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TWD3 features a scene where the MC ices some dude and gets thrown in a cage with Clem. The villagers the dude belong to decide to punish you by saying they'll drive you to where you need to go, giving you plenty of food and introducing you to the town doctor. The doctor looks at the MC and introduces herself and instantly starts flirting with him, the two then spend the rest of the scene flirting while Clem lays face down in the dirt thinking about how Kenny or Jane threw themselves out of a windshield by playing grabass with the steering wheel while trying to teach her how to drive.

It is a genuine case study in how not to write a story.

E: There's literally no zombie in the road. Nothing. Kenny or Jane just launch themselves out for no real reason just so they don't have to write them into the new season it's loving amazing how stupid it is.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

FauxGateau posted:

For real, how many of you are still watching command mission? Because I fell off hard because while the game looks somewhat interesting (mechanically speaking, story seems rather bland) it doesn't LP well because as a few have mentioned in this thread woolie on an RPG is LPoison.
Eh, I've seen every episode but only as background noise while I'm playing something quiet like Crusader Kings, so I'd be lying if I said I'm actually following what's going on.

And honestly even if Liam was on the controls, this game wouldn't be great LP material. The combat menus for all the different attacks look cool, but beyond that, nearly every encounter occurs in the same bland environment with the same unspectacular attack animations. The mechanics for executing specific attacks and managing your stats are pretty neat, which results in at least 10% of the run-time being staring at menus.

I don't hold the pick against them, they just have a bad habit of choosing either cool lesser-known titles or games they have a personal interest in, and rarely factor in "LPability". Oh and Woolie can't control anything worth poo poo with his giant manimal paws. The VR poo poo's been good though.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

TWD3 features a scene where the MC ices some dude and gets thrown in a cage with Clem. The villagers the dude belong to decide to punish you by saying they'll drive you to where you need to go, giving you plenty of food and introducing you to the town doctor. The doctor looks at the MC and introduces herself and instantly starts flirting with him, the two then spend the rest of the scene flirting while Clem lays face down in the dirt thinking about how Kenny or Jane threw themselves out of a windshield by playing grabass with the steering wheel while trying to teach her how to drive.

It is a genuine case study in how not to write a story.

E: There's literally no zombie in the road. Nothing. Kenny or Jane just launch themselves out for no real reason just so they don't have to write them into the new season it's loving amazing how stupid it is.

Where are you seeing this scene with Jane and the car? If S3 continues from the Jane ending in S2 they're staying at the hardware store and Jane hangs herself because she's pregnant with Luke's baby.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Wiseblood posted:

Jane hangs herself because she's pregnant with Luke's baby.

:laffo:

God what a shitter

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wiseblood posted:

Where are you seeing this scene with Jane and the car? If S3 continues from the Jane ending in S2 they're staying at the hardware store and Jane hangs herself because she's pregnant with Luke's baby.

Gonna be honest I saw the Kenny one and laughed about it with a friend of mine. He told me the Jane one was the exact same so just kinda went with it.

My bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
All of this poo poo is justifying my wish for Kennystorm 3: Kenny Harder (because they'd have to use a Kenny save, c'mon).

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Bad TT games have been a consistent giver of amazing jokes, from the honest liars of the Wall to Kenny's boat madness. I have no complaints if they return to that well again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just imagine it would be a lot of "this is so loving stupid" repeated ad infinite along with "JUST loving SHOOT THEM"

There are so many scenes where characters just... stop defending themselves or acting just so something can die and they can make Telltale faces at it. I genuinely cannot imagine it being too entertaining unless they throw Kenny through a car's window and even then that's like 30 minutes into episode 1.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yardbomb posted:

:laffo:

God what a shitter

Wow she's 2-0 on babies huh?

Edit: my god that sounds godawful. In that case my prediction for TWD3 is that Clem will start going nuts and speaking to the dead Kenny or Lee and become your new Kenny.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 22, 2016

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
The strange tension flowing out of Woolie in the Last Guardian video is delicious to me

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HoboTech posted:

The Titanfall 2 videos have like 90k+ views. Let's compare that to the Mega Man LP...

...oh. Oh no.

Ooooooh noooooo.

Mega Man X: Command Mission came out over a decade ago you dork. Of course a video of a game that was recently released would get more views. Especially when weighed against a Gamecube-era game that wasn't super beloved. That's like facepalming at a FF15 let's play doing well view-wise while Super Monkey Ball barely manages to keep a consistent ~20,000 views.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

RareAcumen posted:

Mega Man X: Command Mission came out over a decade ago you dork. Of course a video of a game that was recently released would get more views. Especially when weighed against a Gamecube-era game that wasn't super beloved. That's like facepalming at a FF15 let's play doing well view-wise while Super Monkey Ball barely manages to keep a consistent ~20,000 views.

It might also be because the LP isn't very good.

Then again I'm really not a fan of Liam and the games he chooses. I'm sure a lot of people like them, but not me.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HoboTech posted:

The Titanfall 2 videos have like 90k+ views. Let's compare that to the Mega Man LP...

...oh. Oh no.

Ooooooh noooooo.

I'll bet everyone is watching to see the campaign instead of buying it unfortunately. As the campaign of titanfall 2 is a mini bite size bit of heaven with tight controls and an amazing degree of freedom.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I wouldn't have bought it anyway but I'm glad to see the campaign that everyone has been raving about

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, the comparison to Titanfall 2 is a bit unfair in that sense, that campaign was quite hyped but a lot of people didn't get the game.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Titanfall 2 also just started while Command Mission has been going for months and lps always have drop off the longer they go. Also Command Mission is an RPG and those always do worse, even Yakuza 4.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Alright, you got me. It was just an excuse to bully Liam.

I will wear my shame.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of Liam, I hope we get a video for the new Nier demo that just came out.

https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/811792414096683009
https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/811810939200827392

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 23, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rhonne posted:

Speaking of Liam, I hope we get a video for the new Nier demo that just came out.

I just played that and found it really enjoyable. It's definitely a "Platinum" game and not a "Plactivision" game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Haven't played Nier nor finished the LP, but every single thing i see of Automata makes me want a PS4

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

So who gets LP rights to this here? Chip or TheDarkId?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Haven't played Nier nor finished the LP, but every single thing i see of Automata makes me want a PS4

Uh, you know it's coming to steam too

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neo_Crimson posted:

Chip, but TheDarkId co-commentates.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tae posted:

Uh, you know it's coming to steam too

I got a laptop and i'm not looking into upgrading. Putting around 300 next black Friday for it and getting into that VR stuff once it crashes, burns and everything is cheap will be fun for Christmas.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nier Automata looks pretty good, I was thinking the same thing about the demo, hehe.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

FauxGateau posted:

For real, how many of you are still watching command mission? Because I fell off hard because while the game looks somewhat interesting (mechanically speaking, story seems rather bland) it doesn't LP well because as a few have mentioned in this thread woolie on an RPG is LPoison.

I'm listening to it, but not always watching. I did watch their flabbergasted reactions to Botos' lovely character design and voice acting, which was worth it.

Also WRT Telltale, not surprised that this is how they solved the problem of making a sequel to a game with multiple different endings. Also, I heard something about their Batman game that makes me kind of want to watch it, if not buy it: the stuff where Bruce deals with his father having made super shady deals in the past or something like that which tarnishes his family legacy. Those of you who played it, does this amount to anything?

Solitair fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 23, 2016

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
Nier Automata does look good, I wonder when we'll get to see Nier Ottomayta, though.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Wordnumber posted:

Titanfall 2 also just started while Command Mission has been going for months and lps always have drop off the longer they go. Also Command Mission is an RPG and those always do worse, even Yakuza 4.

Thanks for reminding me that the Yakuza LP existed, gunna go mainline that whole loving thing rn thank you

Holy gently caress thank you based Platinum*

CaptainFish posted:

Nier Automata does look good, I wonder when we'll get to see Nier Ottomayta, though.

Your dreams are clear

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Solitair posted:

I'm listening to it, but not always watching. I did watch their flabbergasted reactions to Botos' lovely character design and voice acting, which was worth it.

Also WRT Telltale, not surprised that this is how they solved the problem of making a sequel to a game with multiple different endings. Also, I heard something about their Batman game that makes me kind of want to watch it, if not buy it: the stuff where Bruce deals with his father having made super shady deals in the past or something like that which tarnishes his family legacy. Those of you who played it, does this amount to anything?

Yes it's the motivation for pretty much everything that happens in the story.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

No one, it's a loving videogame.

And besides, TDI doesn't LP fun games.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man. This last guardian video is fantastic. I totally understand them not wanting to do an lp of it, but that doesn't make me not want one :(

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

Captain Invictus posted:

Man. This last guardian video is fantastic. I totally understand them not wanting to do an lp of it, but that doesn't make me not want one :(

The main thing I didn't like about that video is Pat telling Woolie how to give Trico the "move over there" command, even though you're not supposed to know about that yet and I don't think it even works that early in the game. Woolie tried relying on it even though it basically never worked.

That said, I would still love a full LP of The Last Guardian. Sure, it would be absolutely filled with "what the gently caress is wrong with you the solution is RIGHT THERE ARE YOU BLIND" moments, but I think it would be worth it to see them experience the game's best moments.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/2BFLiam/status/812315288297504770

welp

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Nooooooooooooooooooooo, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt. Liam :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist