Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's just water vapor maaaan.*

*And a bunch of poo poo that has zero FDA oversight because of how hard the manufacturers have lobbied for it not to be classified as a therapeutic device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So what happens when we find out vaping causes autism?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

So what happens when we find out vaping causes autism?

It's the other way around

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Is it really considered vaporizing when you are heating these chemicals up, way way hotter than the temperatures you need for them to vaporize? The whole point was to be a safer alternative and now it's a dick waving contest of clouds. The schadenfreude will be when they find that going to the extreme temps with these chemicals causes worse damage then smoking cigarettes (on top of the more immediate and hilarious battery explosions).

:corsair:

Phuzun has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Dec 23, 2016

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Oh gently caress no the last thing this thread needs is an argument about vaping

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Vaping is good imo, and helped me quit smoking cigarettes. I don't take it out of the house, except for to work, and I only use it there in smoking areas or in the back where I work alone. Most people there who vape are pretty cool about it, but they also aren't the neckbeard internet types either. I really think this is a confirmation bias thing.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Counterpoint: it makes you look like you're sucking robot dick.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Moon Slayer posted:

Counterpoint: it makes you look like you're sucking robot dick.

What's wrong with sucking dick?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Memento posted:

*And a bunch of poo poo that has zero FDA oversight because of how hard the manufacturers have lobbied for it not to be classified as a therapeutic device

The people who just trust China to not put all sorts of horrific poo poo in that juice are just astonishing to me. My one vaping friend buys Chinese made juice but she 'buys the expensive stuff so it's fine.' :psyduck:

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

Measly Twerp posted:

What's wrong with sucking dick?

A ROBOT dick.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Cpt Thorne posted:

A ROBOT dick.

Wow why the robot hate? Robots want their dicks sucked too, bigot.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Slime posted:

Wow why the robot hate? Robots want their dicks sucked too, bigot.

No, a human just programed them to act like they do so it is involuntary. It is rape.

You are pro robot rape.

You are one sick bastard.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
If you care about vaping but own a fireplace or have ever lined your kids up around a bonfire you are a dumbass hypocrite. I don't smoke or vape - but I do think it's hilarious people give a massive poo poo about toxic crap in some contexts but are totes 100% A-OK with it in others. Like some guy smoking a cig in the park is infuriating but let me just go home and start up the fireplace and carpet bomb the entire neighborhood in cancer particles :rolleyes:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Two Feet From Bread posted:

No, a human just programed them to act like they do so it is involuntary. It is rape.

You are pro robot rape.

You are one sick bastard.

Circuitry is consent.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bates posted:

Fireplaces

I don't like vaping because of the cloud. If I'm behind someone smoking on the street the smoke disperses fairly quick and I don't get much of a whiff. Someone vaping puts out a huge cloud that lingers and I get a face full of whatever sickly sweet shite they're huffing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bates posted:

If you care about vaping but own a fireplace or have ever lined your kids up around a bonfire you are a dumbass hypocrite. I don't smoke or vape - but I do think it's hilarious people give a massive poo poo about toxic crap in some contexts but are totes 100% A-OK with it in others. Like some guy smoking a cig in the park is infuriating but let me just go home and start up the fireplace and carpet bomb the entire neighborhood in cancer particles :rolleyes:

So how often do you vape inside a bus?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
If an airplane were on a treadmill, could it take off?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

zakharov posted:

only if it takes off with tailwind and is loaded with hotdog sandwiches with ketchup

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

no

source: i am trying to take off but my plane is on a treadmill. my passengers are confused and angry. air traffic control is laughing at me and i don't know what i've done to deserve this

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

My god, what have I wrought upon this thread?

Say Nothing, post nutshots, stat!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Stare-Out posted:

My god, what have I wrought upon this thread?

Say Nothing, post nutshots, stat!

CLEAR THE TABLE, GET AWAY FROM THE PATIENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnwNHQ05Aq8

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

So how often do you vape inside a bus?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Actually, that's not vaping, that oujia board is just haunted as gently caress and leaking ghosts.

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

Grem posted:

The dude who flipped must be the one with the broken spine. Everyone else is moving their legs well enough.

I did time as a volunteer EMT at college in FL and we dealt with a poo poo load of low speed crashes on and near campus thanks to all the students & local old folk. That dude's spine is turbo broke. Low speed crashes do not gently caress around.

A good piece of schadenfreude was every new class of incoming freshmen would mean a week or two of responding to calls where people would try to sunbathe on the grass and learn the hard way about FL's fire-ant problem.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

I think I understand this one.

The autistic man on the left was calling to order more vape liquids when he overheard that the boy on the right refused to tip for his hotdog sandwich.

Edit for content:
The ouija board reminded me of this. More IOSM than Schaden, but whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nNY7uofNw

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Dec 23, 2016

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bates posted:

I don't think you know how fireplaces work.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Man that's not a vaper it's just Pig-Pen.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

I feel happy every time I see this gif. It's like an old friend that gets more pixelated and gains a new watermark with each new posting.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

My city enacted a bylaw treating vapes as cigarettes last year, and I work on city property which has a strict 100% non-smoking/vaping rule anywhere on the premises, even outdoors. Most smokers will put their cigarette out and apologize, but almost every vaper gets completely indignant, offended and rude. They're complete assholes about it. Like, just don't use it for a couple hours. How hard is it, really?

I know nothing about vapors, but some probably use it to ween off cigarettes whereas I imagine others go full retard and just keep a constant stream of nicotine flowing through their system that they couldn't with regular cigarettes.

So yeah, it's probably pretty hard for people who are reverting to 1950's America where you couldn't wake up in the morning without needing to rage smoke.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Picnic Princess posted:

My city enacted a bylaw treating vapes as cigarettes last year, and I work on city property which has a strict 100% non-smoking/vaping rule anywhere on the premises, even outdoors. Most smokers will put their cigarette out and apologize, but almost every vaper gets completely indignant, offended and rude. They're complete assholes about it. Like, just don't use it for a couple hours. How hard is it, really?

I'm with ya, but as a nicotine addict: much harder than you'd expect

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Krispy Kareem posted:

I know nothing about vapors, but some probably use it to ween off cigarettes whereas I imagine others go full retard and just keep a constant stream of nicotine flowing through their system that they couldn't with regular cigarettes.

So yeah, it's probably pretty hard for people who are reverting to 1950's America where you couldn't wake up in the morning without needing to rage smoke.

Vaporizing typically has extremely little in the way of carcinogens (if you're an idiot who tries to increase the power to have a more intense hit, then you run the risk of making it even more carcinogenic than a cigarette), so people use it to get their nicotine hit without taking 10 or 15 years off their life and avoid going cold turkey. The clouds are harmless except for the smell, unlike secondhand smoke.

The problem is that people immediately take "The cloud is harmless to bystanders" to mean "I can vape literally anywhere at any time and it's no big deal" and start lighting up wherever they feel like it, choking subway passengers with root beer-scented humidity, and take being told to stop as personally offensive because "it's harmless". Vape culture is one of those bizarre things that feels so lame that it shouldn't exist, but people latched onto it like an even dumber form of weed culture.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Please source the scientific study or studies that have found that second hand inhalation of vapours created by superheating unregulated (thus likely chemically dissimilar) vape jizz is completely harmless.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dillbag posted:

Please source the scientific study or studies that have found that second hand inhalation of vapours created by superheating unregulated (thus likely chemically dissimilar) vape jizz is completely harmless.

I've got one right here that refutes claims of high toxin levels for the vapers themselves, and indicates that they're below OSHA exposure limits. It specifically refutes a study in which the vaporizer seemed to have formaldehyde levels 20 times higher than cigarettes, and it's believed that the initial study used vapes with overheated coils.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Yeah I use a vape sometimes, but at like 5-12 watts with a high-Ohm coil- stopped going to one vape shop as they were constantly pressuring/upselling me into cranking ~75W into a low resistance coil for MAD CLOUDS/more liquid sales

Now I go to the one that's on the poor side of town but the dude running it is chill and willing to give me purchasing advice that won't give me popcorn lung

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lamest derail? One could make a strong case.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I vape because it's a better (and far cheaper) alternative to cigarettes and it works miracles. The benefits are more or less immediately noticeable. I don't do it in public because it's embarrassing and I don't give a poo poo about how much vapor I exhale because that's goddamn stupid. It's kept me off cigarettes though and for that it's fantastic. I'm trying my hardest to quit vaping now.

Anyone who considers vaping a "culture" is a huge moron. I regret starting this derail so here's some schadenfreude.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it doesn't matter if there are health consequences don't be an obnoxious gently caress who blows fuckin' clouds everywhere because it's annoying and rude as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

which is worse

competitive vaping?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9puCt7HccOY

or championship laser tag?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jFS-XI6UE