Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

"Dick Tracy's Fetish Theater," I guess.
This was posted yesterday, but that's ok because I didn't notice the caused-cost typo before.

RandomFerret posted:

drat, I had money on that cat being named Ziggy Stardust.
:same:

F Minus

The Romneys at home. *

Mary Worth

Life is hard on the Battleship Potemkin.

Rex Morgan MD

"She's our only hope."
"No. There is another."

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

* This joke is in no way intended to start a political debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wilbur's sporting one hell of a bilateral combover.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's interesting how many more lines Janis has in modern A&J than in the older ones. I wonder if that was a conscious choice. She seems more like a prop for Arlo a lot of the time in the 90s.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

"Dick Tracy's Fetish Theater," I guess.

So glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Wilbur's sporting one hell of a bilateral combover.

The lack of timg tags made me disappointed there wasn't an edit. Goodness knows the format is perfect.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Some Guy TT posted:

So glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

The lack of timg tags made me disappointed there wasn't an edit. Goodness knows the format is perfect.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm not well-versed enough in recent South Korean history to answer that, but I would guess the current laws were specifically designed to counter that situation. Because that's what you're supposed to do when the leader does bad things. Fight them as they happen, not get hung about hypothetical situations that might never actually come to pass.
Man who watches his feet sees the quicksand too late - old jungle saying.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Nenonen posted:

Well now I know what I need for Christmas, a 5 gallon bottle of bleach with a nozzle that fits snuggly around your eyes... :psyduck:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
Man, either the artist really hates Iris, or Mary Worth is literally stealing Iris's life force every time she invites her over for snacks and lame advice. She didn't look this much like a withered mummy back when she was moving apartments, but now...I mean, holy poo poo. Where is your loving nose, Iris? You're approaching Dick Tracy villain levels of disfigurement!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Look, if everybody doesn't chill out with the political sniping, I know where the Mallard Fillmore strips are buried. Also, the Stephanie McMillan archives.

For the love of God, don't make me do that.

Skippy (September 23-25, 1929)

Peanuts (December 27, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 21-22, 1930)

Thimble Theater (July 11, 1930)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Good hollywood special effects there, those letters get bigger and smaller completely seamlessly.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Today I can offer only very basic retiree antics on Ballard Street

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Goddammit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are the letters that tiny?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Shugojin posted:

Today I can offer only very basic retiree antics on Ballard Street

I love how Ballarders express their interest in something by setting up an unattended card table on the lawn. It's the Ballard Street facebook.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Brb changing my IRL name to Chush Dush Bdusshh

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

sweeperbravo posted:

I think I actually like the Intelligent Life comics when Patrick Warburton is in them

I really hope the writer is going to really run with making PW a fleshed out character like this. This is better than the main character who is really just kind of boring and not in a relatable way

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I genuinely miss the old Mary Worth artist. Not that this new one is bad, in fact she's very competent, but it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi when it isn't some alternate universe filled with pantsuit wearing clones of the same 7 people.

The old art had that perfect balance of ineptness and rigidness that made the writing ironically amusing. The new art is very good, and makes the writing just mediocre.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

I guess that confirms it; Pibgorn is completely dead on the inside.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set gets a glimpse into their own future.

Working Daze kills with kindness.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix has an important, unnoticed job.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If you hadn't done this, I would have had to.

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (July 11, 1930)
Popeye's explanation makes sense to me.

Central City? Does he know the Flash?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

It makes total sense that a prince who just trolled his would-be murderers by throwing a bag of pillows out of the window instead of the requested bag of ransom would immediately turn out the lights, jump into bed, and start sawing logs.

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Young people in this strip always look like they're being played by 45-year-old actors.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Oct. 15, 1994)

See you in a few days! I'll catch up with the backlog then.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

*BARROOM BUMBLE BOOM* "LOOK OUT! Another volcano is forming!"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Calaveron posted:

If I ever met a man who willingly goes by Corky and he's not a seven foot tall lumberjack who works in the cork making industry I will punch him in the face

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

I know, I know, but I'm still unironically jazzed to see the Spirit again. Even though it's never quite the same without Eisner drawing him.

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Tiggum posted:

If you hadn't done this, I would have had to.

Popeye's explanation makes sense to me.

Central City? Does he know the Flash?

The Spirit's Central City is about 15 years older than the Flash's.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg™

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
[Calvin and Hobbes/b]

[b]Ripley's

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

That's one hell of an euphemism, Ripley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Li7zIt5vA

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Done for fun, or out of anger? A mystery for the ages, or at least today. Ballard Street.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Done for fun, or out of anger? A mystery for the ages, or at least today. Ballard Street.

I don't know what happened but I like Ballard Street and Dinette Set now.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

And now, let's check the barometer to see how we're supposed to be reacting to this:

jackreacher posted:

The Bard…on Leslie Knox
“Thou art as loathsome as a toad.”

Dreamdeer posted:

She looks scared. And she should. There’s more red flags waving here than at a 1950’s Kremlin parade.

PipeTobacco posted:

Leslie looks strangely sincere. Could it be he really was trying to be nice????

Wizardgoat posted:

I can’t wait to read the next few episodes. Several months ago, I complained that the strip was in a boring phase. But this is absolutely over the top, and has us all on the edge of our seats!!!

gromit82 posted:

Even if Les was trying to be nice, it’s hard to give him credit for this gift. (1) We, the readers, know that Les stole a lot of the money he collected for the youth program, so we can’t think of him as generous for buying an expensive gift with stolen money. (2) We know that Pru is a lesbian, so Les’s attempt to romance her by buying jewelry is futile. (3) Even if Les hadn’t stolen the money and if Pru were heterosexual, it would still be considered socially inappropriate for a man to buy expensive jewelry for a woman whom he didn’t already have a close relationship with.

Bryan Shipley posted:

Let’s see: he used money he stole from charity to buy a gift for someone in a Secret Santa he set up under false pretenses (and which he cheated at anyway.) This is him being nice? It reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa tries to reform Mr Burns, but even when he’s trying to be good he’s still evil.

Merry Christmas! :j:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

:gbsmith:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There’s more red flags waving here than at a 1950’s Kremlin parade.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

:gbsmith:

Man this is hitting me hard. My father died last year. I was the youngest of his children, he had me at 48. He had a series of strokes and got cancer. His last year was a lot like Teds dad here. Sadly for the last 2 weeks of his life he had forgotten who my Mother and I were. Im really glad they are showing how hard this can be.

Sally Forth is a good strip.

Tell your parents that you love them everyone. Its the holidays.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

TyrsHTML posted:

Man this is hitting me hard. My father died last year. I was the youngest of his children, he had me at 48. He had a series of strokes and got cancer. His last year was a lot like Teds dad here. Sadly for the last 2 weeks of his life he had forgotten who my Mother and I were. Im really glad they are showing how hard this can be.
I am with you there. I hate sidebars like this but its Christmas and I miss my Dad too. Maybe it helps to hear it from another human.

I would give my eyeteeth for him to ask me, "Whats wrong with you?" one more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

I hope Gerald Ford was able to negotiate a good deal on his Mustang lease.

9 Chickweed Lane

So, did this ceremony happen before or after he was laid?

• Locked thread