Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm a sjw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Doom is $20 @ Gamestop btw!

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

devtesla posted:

I'm a sjw

I'm a leftist who has actually worked in both international and community organizations

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nonsense posted:

Doom is $20 @ Gamestop btw!

good. everyone should buy it. its one of my GOTY.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Not to be outdone by the Time, the Washington Post asks important questions of the Brands.

lol. vader has always made little dickish jokes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
honestly the worst part about these rogue one thinknuggets is that they actually could be of use talking about things like the movie producers deciding they need to reshoot and 'tone down' the female lead because she was 'aggressive' and not testing well and all, that's a pretty hosed up thing to do in a story that kinda famously is lacking in non-Leia cool ladies in the main movies.

Or I guess we can say 'hey have you thought that maybe the evil empire...could be like REAL evil governments???'

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

honestly the worst part about these rogue one thinknuggets is that they actually could be of use talking about things like the movie producers deciding they need to reshoot and 'tone down' the female lead because she was 'aggressive' and not testing well and all, that's a pretty hosed up thing to do in a story that kinda famously is lacking in non-Leia cool ladies in the main movies.

I'd click on that

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

butterbar posted:

I'm a leftist who has actually worked in both international and community organizations

I moderate a subreddit

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Carmant posted:

THe concept of the article is actually terrible.

An article that uses Super Mario as a jumping off point to compare the role of women in earlier video games with today, highlighting how certain niche games that would've been impossible to publish back then can be successful today isn't groundbreaking or anything but it'd be fine by NYT video game coverage standards.

It's really whether the author wanted to celebrate the diversity in modern video games or be ~outraged~ that everything isn't as woke as the 8 bit game about hormone therapy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

An article that uses Super Mario as a jumping off point to compare the role of women in earlier video games with today, highlighting how certain niche games that would've been impossible to publish back then can be successful today isn't groundbreaking or anything but it'd be fine by NYT video game coverage standards.

It's really whether the author wanted to celebrate the diversity in modern video games or be ~outraged~ that everything isn't as woke as the 8 bit game about hormone therapy

Knowing this dude. Probably the latter. These people don't give two shits about old games or new ones unless they are woke.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Dec 23, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

oh, that's why she's boring and completely unmemorable. i don't even remember her name. good job hollywood executives

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

get that OUT of my face posted:

oh, that's why she's boring and completely unmemorable. i don't even remember her name. good job hollywood executives

at least we have Fury Road :madmax:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I can't believe these movies designed by a committee of They Live aliens to squeeze out as much profit as mathematically possible is bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

pretty much, they saw lines like "I rebel" and all in trailers and said 'oh nooooo these incredibly basic ways to have her kick even a little rear end would ruin her and make her a meanie that scares us' and instead it was just kinda a bland 'I don't much care for the empire' tone instead. Which is way worse because I guess that means she looks at the guys who oppressed and killed people she cares about and goes 'eh...rather not have them I guess'?

It's a very genuine issue in storytelling as a whole that tons of even good writers for some reason feel 'feminity' and 'action' are mutually exclusive, and maybe we can talk about that as a societal issu-oh, no, another thing about how the fact that they had a droid and a black guy means Trump HATES HATES HATES it...

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dapper_Swindler posted:

good. everyone should buy it. its one of my GOTY.

lol. vader has always made little dickish jokes.

shadow warrior 2 is a bunch better get that instead

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please do not post about videogames unless they're being a woke brand

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Example:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I rarely read any post in this thread that doesn't have a photo/tweet.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Not to be outdone by the Time, the Washington Post asks important questions of the Brands.

"forced" :haw:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

oh yeah, i forgot about that sorta. explains why bioware or at least the teams working on the dragon age games when to poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh yeah, i forgot about that sorta. explains why bioware or at least the teams working on the dragon age games when to poo poo.

I am enjoying you here as kinda the natural end point to this thread's goals

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I am enjoying you here as kinda the natural end point to this thread's goals

yeah that one was pretty shittly stated. i guess i am annoyed that the dragon age games kinda suck now and bioware seems to just care about being WOKE and the gameplay director of Andromeda is kinda of a bigot and smarmy dick. i'll still probably buy it because i love the series.

I swear, conservatives will never win me over to their cause, but progressives do a great job slowly turning me off to theirs. The smug, self-satisfied bullshit I see every day is every bit as off-putting as the wailing right wingers.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 23:41 on Dec 23, 2016

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah that one was pretty shittly stated. i guess i am annoyed that the dragon age games kinda suck now and bioware seems to just care about being WOKE and the gameplay director of Andromeda is kinda of a bigot and smarmy dick. i'll still probably buy it because i love the series.

I swear, conservatives will never win me over to their cause, but progressives do a great job slowly turning me off to theirs. The smug, self-satisfied bullshit I see every day is every bit as off-putting as the wailing right wingers.

*in the most south park voice possible* Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yea that I can agree on. a lot of bioware seems to be trying to backpat themselves for some magic ~gay quota~ rather than actually making the gay characters, ya know, interesting. And yea, it's hilarious that after all that they went with Heir. Though I think he's like, head of gameplay or something rather than full on director.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

*in the most south park voice possible* Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

no it doesn't. it relies on the left embracing a more sanders/left leaning like approach and going for economic justice as well as social justice instead of just digging into falling into the ID politics trap over and over again. I live in PA and people in my area voted for trump because they desperatly want coal or any kind of economic growth in their area. yeah a decent amount have lovely bigoted ideals but that stems from being hosed over and over again and the only voice talking to you being the right wing radio, and they just blame the blacks/muslims/minorites/gays who ever so they keep believe the lie that coal will come back and they will all magically be rich. all the ID left does is poo poo on them from their ivory towers. which feeds into the beliefs that the right is right. their lovely racism and bigotry is a symptom and it can eventually be fixed.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Dec 23, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea that I can agree on. a lot of bioware seems to be trying to backpat themselves for some magic ~gay quota~ rather than actually making the gay characters, ya know, interesting. And yea, it's hilarious that after all that they went with Heir. Though I think he's like, head of gameplay or something rather than full on director.

here is what pisses me off. I liked dorian alot as a character. sure he was weadonish but he has interesting points and incites plus he was a pretty well written character who happend to be gay. so when his personal quest rolled around i was curious what it would be. its a bunch of cliche bullshit about how daddy doesn't love me because i am gay and then they make up. its such a loving waste and its not even original. and yeah even if i agree with hair on some things. he comes at it like an edgy dickhead. eventually he is gonna step on the wrong foot or say the wrong thing and his rear end is gone. alot of the really bad writers are leaving fortunately.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:02 on Dec 24, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hell I'd be fine with 'yea I have some family issues due to my sexuality', but the fact that apparently all his homophobic dad needed was for his more important friend to go 'hey...homophobia is...bad....' to realize his flaws. Like, the idea that all homophobes are one Stern Talking To away from conversion is actively offensive to me as a gay dude.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i want to put my genderfluid into your gender gap

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

hell I'd be fine with 'yea I have some family issues due to my sexuality', but the fact that apparently all his homophobic dad needed was for his more important friend to go 'hey...homophobia is...bad....' to realize his flaws. Like, the idea that all homophobes are one Stern Talking To away from conversion is actively offensive to me as a gay dude.

yeah this. I love diversity in characters(kinda wish they had more cripples as one myself but my issues with that lie in movies more then games) but they have to have real you know characters and not fall into some bullshit cliche. its sad. i think the issues is that a lot of these WOKE jack offs cant actuality write anything of any originality or even well at all. they just try the burger king kids club approach and call it a day.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:17 on Dec 24, 2016

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

this

can't a gay person have an actual magic curse instead of having to explain why they like dicks or clits

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
as much as i do think it's a good thing, i am a bit worried tracer being gay in overwatch may turn the charater identity from spunky Brit tomgirl with crazy time magic to being "the gay one" know blizzerd storytelling. i mean they did release a whole wow expansion based around a devs fursona.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

galenanorth posted:

I am not ashamed to say that I like listening to Nickelback. I was listening to Bon Jovi on Pandora and it was playing a Nickelback song and I was thinking "Oh, who's that playing? Oh, it's Nicelback! That's that band the Internet says I should hate. They're pretty good." I figure Zuckerberg probably doesn't even care either way and just wanted to play the "fellow kids" card by using an old joke Internet meme.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

is that a threat, sir

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is that a threat, sir

no, it's a promise

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is that a threat, sir

i think in a few states having sex to nickleback can be counted as rape.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no it doesn't. it relies on the left embracing a more sanders/left leaning like approach and going for economic justice as well as social justice instead of just digging into falling into the ID politics trap over and over again. I live in PA and people in my area voted for trump because they desperatly want coal or any kind of economic growth in their area. yeah a decent amount have lovely bigoted ideals but that stems from being hosed over and over again and the only voice talking to you being the right wing radio, and they just blame the blacks/muslims/minorites/gays who ever so they keep believe the lie that coal will come back and they will all magically be rich. all the ID left does is poo poo on them from their ivory towers. which feeds into the beliefs that the right is right. their lovely racism and bigotry is a symptom and it can eventually be fixed.

I was being sarcastic (hence the south park voice) but to build a winning coalition dems will need a social democratic agenda that appeals to both the hella woke and the sorta racist. I agree with you but it's not really productive to get mad at people for being too woke.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Cyron posted:

i think in a few states having sex to nickleback can be counted as rape.

He's drunk again, it's time to fight
She must have done something wrong tonight
The living room becomes a boxing ring
It's time to run when you see him clenching his hands
She's just a woman, never again

I hear her scream from down the hall
Amazing she can even talk at all
She cries to me go back to bed
I'm terrified that she'll wind up dead in his hands

Been there before but not like this
Seen it before but not like this
Never before have I ever seen it this bad

Just tell the nurse you slipped and fell
It starts to sting as it starts to swell
She looks at you, she wants the truth
It's right out there in the waiting room with those hands
Lookin' just as sweet as he can, never again

Never again

Father's a name you haven't earned yet
You're just a child with a temper
Haven't you heard don't hit a lady
Kickin' your a** would be a pleasure

He's drunk again, it's time to fight
Same old s***, just on a different night
She grabs the gun, she's had enough
Tonight she'll find out how f***in' tough is this man
Pulls the trigger fast as she can, never again

Never again
Never again
Never again

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

just what it sounds like - rapping about conspiracy theories

diabolic is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsHqtB9xMUs

immortal technique does some too

killer mike too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ5rI461KNE

still spell america with the triple k

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I was being sarcastic (hence the south park voice) but to build a winning coalition dems will need a social democratic agenda that appeals to both the hella woke and the sorta racist. I agree with you but it's not really productive to get mad at people for being too woke.

honestly. i think the WOKES will die off once we deeper into the trump presidency. no one will care about their purity bullshit if the world is going to poo poo and poo poo starts falling apart.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Dec 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

galenanorth posted:

I am not ashamed to say that I like listening to Nickelback. I was listening to Bon Jovi on Pandora and it was playing a Nickelback song and I was thinking "Oh, who's that playing? Oh, it's Nicelback! That's that band the Internet says I should hate. They're pretty good." I figure Zuckerberg probably doesn't even care either way and just wanted to play the "fellow kids" card by using an old joke Internet meme.

if this is woke then id rather be asleep