Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

logikv9 posted:

I was wondering where I heard the Observer before and Holy poo poo it's owned and published by Jared Kushner

why the gently caress are they the only ones reporting on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

I googled around for any more information and the only sources are The Observer and other people linking to The Observer

You got hookdwinked

how does someone get nearly dragged out of a meeting

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Will be everywhere soon.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

logikv9 posted:

I googled around for any more information and the only sources are The Observer and other people linking to The Observer

You got hookdwinked

gah, bamboozled by the Kushster

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

logikv9 posted:

You got hookdwinked

https://www.facebook.com/youngdemocratsofmichigan/posts/1162638050500820

womp womp!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
theres a word for Jared Kushner and its Kapo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wonder if Ivanka is Belle, Kushner is Gaston and I'm the beast?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

The second comment confirms this definitely happened lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nonsense posted:

I wonder if Ivanka is Belle, Kushner is Gaston and I'm the beast?

yeah except belle just goes for gaston and that candlestick dude is left muttering "ed balls" to himself forever

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I like the part where they're like "You're lucky we only shoved you, back in the day we would have beaten the poo poo out of you!"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

UHD posted:

is there a state with good politicians

hawaii had that dude who smashed a homeless encampment w/ a sledgehammer and then got jumped by a pack of hobos

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
There's video of the Michigan meeting and it looks like standard Bernie people chanting obnoxiously at a meeting explicitly designed to remove agency from people when voting for DNC election delegates.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Fiction posted:

There's video of the Michigan meeting and it looks like standard Bernie people chanting obnoxiously at a meeting explicitly designed to remove agency from people when voting for DNC election delegates.

Yeah this seems like a classic "establishment politicians doing their best to ignore and marginalize progressives so they can resist change, progressives do their best to let themselves be ignored and marginalized because they think power is acquired by virtue of being annoying" situation

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fiction posted:

why the gently caress are they the only ones reporting on this

Maybe it didn't happen.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

radical meme posted:

Maybe it didn't happen.

even if it did, who actually cares?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GlyphGryph posted:

i care cause it makes the establishment look bad. does it matter? lol, no, nothing matters

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

radical meme posted:

Maybe it didn't happen.

There's video of it happening, sorry! Don't worry, it makes the Bernie people not look much better so nobody will pay attention.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I mean people that anyone who publishes news would care about us, not weirdos like us

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

it got us this:

Ace of Baes posted:

I like the part where they're like "You're lucky we only shoved you, back in the day we would have beaten the poo poo out of you!"

So I'm okay with it happening.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

either way, either the democrats embrace the progressive wing or they die out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yep, the minor scuffle involving two bitter parties in a state that is now and will be contentious going forward was seized on by the son in law of the president for political propaganda in the newspaper he owns. the latter half is probably the part to pay attention to

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i care because this kind of stupid bullshit is distracting us from the real important things. we should be chokeslamming Trump apparatchiks, not each other.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jared Kushner buys the WAPO from Bezos in a stroke of TRUMP

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Al! posted:

yep, the minor scuffle involving two bitter parties in a state that is now and will be contentious going forward was seized on by the son in law of the president for political propaganda in the newspaper he owns. the latter half is probably the part to pay attention to

Well it's bad that only they have made any report of it. Everything about the process is as opaque as possible and nobody from within the party is going to change that because it would mean giving up power.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

paranoid randroid posted:

i care because this kind of stupid bullshit is distracting us from the real important things. we should be chokeslamming Trump apparatchiks, not each other.

except that a large contingent of our side has no interest in said chokeslamming

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

Jared Kushner buys the WAPO from Bezos in a stroke of TRUMP

:smugdon: will seize the means of communication

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ideally I'd like to chokeslam a Republican and then turn around and deliver a big boot to a capitalist dem

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fiction posted:

There's video of it happening, sorry! Don't worry, it makes the Bernie people not look much better so nobody will pay attention.

I continue to be amazed that the cell phone is both the instrument of destruction and greatest civilizing force for justice in our country.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
progressives are second class citizens?

hosed up if true

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

blaming Clinton's loss on her being corrupt is just another easy way around the fact that she was just a terrible candidate. it feeds into the same EMAILS nonsense that we heard the entire election. regardless of the effect they actually had, the corruption accusation is a cover for her bad policies and lack of message. if you think the only issue with her is that she was corrupt and her business was leaked, but her platform and campaigning style were otherwise good, you're just setting yourself up for Booker 2020

so the best timeline then

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

except that a large contingent of our side has no interest in said chokeslamming

they actually have a very large interest in chokeslamming, namely, they think it is reprehensible and we should not be doing it, and that anyone who chokeslams is worse than a trump apparatchiks, and instead we should be focusing on ways we can actually help, like another fight song video, or donating directly to my cash.me

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
some of them are too fat to choke let alone slam

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

no poo poo, we havent been trying to attract them. chokeslams, like gun control, is a deal breaker issue for a lot of people

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also im glad to see that the race to replace Xavier Becerra seems to be shaping up to be a contest based on who can promise to be the biggest pain in Trumps rear end. none of that "i look forward to working with the president" poo poo.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

logikv9 posted:

some of them are too fat to choke let alone slam

perhaps you should do more lifting, comrade

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I hope MI progressives start showing up at the establishment dems expensive rear end houses in the suburbs of grosse point with baseball bats and megaphones. They're corrupt af and regularly sell out their constituents for corporate bribes.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Ace of Baes posted:

I hope MI progressives start showing up at the establishment dems expensive rear end houses in the suburbs of grosse point with baseball bats and megaphones. They're corrupt af and regularly sell out their constituents for corporate bribes.

:rolleyes:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine how good the world would be if leftist politicians had a loving spine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

progressives are second class citizens?

hosed up if true

So long as they're white they're still first class citizens, but they're like third class democrats at best.

is it ok if they do it at Rahm's house?

• Locked thread