Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

It big of Felix to leave Anil's son out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sandweed posted:

What do you win when you beat the alt-right?

you and your friends don't get thrown out of your warehouse

i'ma repeat that since this safety squad poo poo is one of the few times they've actually been able to damage a lot of peoples lives, most of them just aren't on twitter

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

also https://mobile.twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/812119151204503552

seems like yesterday that cushbomb called Anil Dash a "computer retard" on the show

Charitable view: In a way the Chapo crew do seem themselves in part of their chosen targets and as circumstances get more dire, former targets either redeem themselves facing a new sociopolitical arena (Peter Daou and Neera Tanden both have slowly started to address concerns stated in the show) or the Boys/Girl have been approached with said viewpoint coming from someone who they deem with more respect/care. Anil is honestly a good example of the former.

Non-Charitable View: Chapo Boys asked Brendan and Virgil how a lot of people started getting more comfortable doing business on the internet and Paypal's purpose was explained to them

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Kunster posted:

Charitable view: In a way the Chapo crew do seem themselves in part of their chosen targets and as circumstances get more dire, former targets either redeem themselves facing a new sociopolitical arena (Peter Daou and Neera Tanden both have slowly started to address concerns stated in the show) or the Boys/Girl have been approached with said viewpoint coming from someone who they deem with more respect/care. Anil is honestly a good example of the former.

Daou and Tanden are only adressing concerns because they lost, they'll switch back to centrist bullshit the second they can. Anil seems well meaning though.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Puppy Galaxy posted:

It big of Felix to leave Anil's son out of it

Follow up:

https://twitter.com/anildash/status/812120976590852098

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
my god

Kurt's done it, he cucked Mike on the finish line

https://twitter.com/ShitAccountTour/status/811980547077578754

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It was sitting at 50-50 since the start.

Kurt tore through Arthur Chu, Scott Adams, and pissbaby Crowder (who cheesed the gently caress out of his """waterboarding"""). His Carlson and epilepsy meltdown definitely pushed him over the edge.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he certainly earned it. these last few days have been a Twitter Chernobyl.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I guess a musket is no match for the gorilla mindset after all.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Why do all these pundits brag about getting drunk and making bad health decisions.
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/811729007913922560

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

These guys desperately want to be James Bond Bourbon Bastards

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Why do all these pundits brag about getting drunk and making bad health decisions.
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/811729007913922560

eichenwald isn't saying that HE did that, he's recommending it as a way to simulate epilepsy

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Civilized Fishbot posted:

eichenwald isn't saying that HE did that, he's recommending it as a way to simulate epilepsy

Why would you try to read a kurt eichenwald-tweet in a charitable light, and more importantly why would you do that in this thread?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Civilized Fishbot posted:

No way this bitch idiot isn't bragging about making the sort of bad choices a college sophomore might make in order to seem like a cool dude, in a "I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone..." sort of way.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Third night awake in Kowloon. Adderal is running low. I've started having to cut the speed with a steady intake of mescal to maintain. Then, some goddamned rat bastard posts the Pikachu seizure episode on my timeline and the rest becomes blurry.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Kurt Eichenwald and Eric Garland sitting in a basement railing lines of Adderall 10MG XR and drinking lovely Pundit Pale Ale while they discuss Game Theory.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Halloween Jack posted:

Wow, episode 6 is bad. Is the first part deadpan satire, or did they just weld a super lazy commonplace nerd review to the funny DC Turkish Politics stuff at the end?

Not too many nerd reviews would touch on the obvious volcel/incel subtext behind Batman vs Superman.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
One of the things that finally got me to unsubscribe from The Smartest Man in the World with Greg Proops is how he speaks about Eichenwald's claims as if they're completely legitimate (he completely bought the Jill Stein supporter in the airport story, for instance).

It was pretty surreal to listen to Chapo talk about the seizure story, then listen to Proops completely defending Kurt. He's exactly the type of pro-Hillary diehard that Chapo rails against.

Mst3kmann fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 23, 2016

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

On yeserday's episode, he spent a lot of time talking about how dems need to think about political power that seemed inspired by the Adam Curtis interview. Would not be surprised if he's a closet grey wolf.

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/812124966187630592

disappointed by the lack of "listen to cum town" comments in the thread

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

ElNarez posted:

my god

Kurt's done it, he cucked Mike on the finish line

https://twitter.com/ShitAccountTour/status/811980547077578754

undeserved imo, Cernovich is a humongous piece of garbage

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Why would you try to read a kurt eichenwald-tweet in a charitable light, and more importantly why would you do that in this thread?

it's much funnier to me that someone thinks that epilepsy is just like being hungover after (what he imagines to be) a wild weekend

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Mst3kmann posted:

One of the things that finally got me to unsubscribe from The Smartest Man in the World with Greg Proops is how he speaks about Eichenwald's claims as if they're completely legitimate (he completely bought the Jill Stein supporter in the airport story, for instance).

It was pretty surreal to listen to Chapo talk about the seizure story, then listen to Proops completely defending Kurt. He's exactly the type of pro-Hillary diehard that Chapo rails against.

I think people like Proops and Harmon just aren't that politically knowledgeable/active hence engaging and listening to people like Eichenwald and Eric Garland, I don't think they're necessarily terrible people. (Or if they are that's not why)

Edit: Im biased cuz I like both of them.

Ace of Baes fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 23, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mst3kmann posted:

Whoa, I haven't listened to Proops in a long while. I stopped like 3 or 4 years back because he's so preachy and he's offering simple solutions to complex problems. In the past I would have probably considered him not a terrible stepping stone to bridge the gap to "full communism now", but defending Kurt? Whoof. That hurts.

He was funny when I saw him live.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I saw Colin Mochrie (SP?) And Ryan Stiles live and it was one of the funniest live shows I've ever seen, I was also like 14 at the time though.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

From listening to Cum Town I think I can diagnose the cast of Who's Line of having their brains rotted from prolonged exposure to improv.

It's not Proops fault he likes Kurt, it's the fault of the dangerous activity he engaged in for work.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Atrocious Joe posted:

From listening to Cum Town I think I can diagnose the cast of Who's Line of having their brains rotted from prolonged exposure to improv.

It's not Proops fault he likes Kurt, it's the fault of the dangerous activity he engaged in for work.

Terminal Yes-Andism

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/812124966187630592

disappointed by the lack of "listen to cum town" comments in the thread

What are the best cum town eps?

P.S. Here's Jon Glaser wearing a chill baseball crank hat.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 24, 2016

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Mst3kmann posted:

The Democratic primary didn't do that for you? He was loving slime.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
proops couldnt hold a candle to wayne brady

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

The Democratic primary didn't do that for you? He was loving slime.

I checked out when the primary was just starting. I can't imagine how unbearable he got as the election went on. I guess the anti-Proops is Adomian.

The new ep is out.

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 23, 2016

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
where them Smooth Kasich Boys at. wanna meet that Smooth Boy.

SoupyTwist posted:

I checked out when the primary was just starting. I can't imagine how unbearable he got as the election went on. I guess the anti-Proops is Adomian.

or Dave Anthony... he tweets at the Chapo people fairly often.

Beller
Apr 9, 2009
I don't really care that much about a comedian's politics if they are funny but listening to Greg Proops and Dana Gould smugly dismiss Bernie as economically illiterate turned me off of The Dana Gould Hour.

On the other hand Barry Crimmins seems to have pretty good politics but I don't think he's ever made me laugh.

Beller fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 24, 2016

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Oh speaking of comedians being dismissive of Bernie and his supporters --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUtAioLWjIg

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Oh speaking of comedians being dismissive of Bernie and his supporters --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUtAioLWjIg

what the hell is this garbage

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ken Jirkman

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

For my personal Chapo canon, it's good to know that Virgil is the one that plays Call of Cthulhu with Felix.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Mst3kmann posted:

I stopped listening to Proops' podcast in early 2015, when the delusional Hillary stuff got a bit much. iirc it was around the time he said Marie Antoinette was only hated because of misogyny, lol

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

Kurt Eichenwald and Eric Garland sitting in a basement railing lines of Adderall 10MG XR and drinking lovely Pundit Pale Ale while they discuss Game Theory.

This is beautiful because extended release amphetamine pills are basically built to mitigate abuse so that when you snort them the effect is either diminished or completely gone (i.e. Vyvanse) and these two are exactly the kind of idiot that would ignorantly waste good amphetamines by snorting them to seem hardcore.

Also re: the Proops chat, it's never a good idea to listen to his podcast during an election cycle because Greg is the type of person to take Joan Walsh at her word without any critical thought. I've always enjoyed his podcast but I doubt I still would if I didn't have the foresight to stop listening at the beginning of the primaries.

Beller posted:

On the other hand Barry Crimmins seems to have pretty good politics but I don't think he's ever made me laugh.

I saw him live and he was great. He's funny when he can just riff.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ben Shapiro's book is the novelization of Crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Kurt is telling me to give myself a seizure. Reported.