Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
He melts down and takes things too hard. That's basically it (and he kept it off the field this time!).

He doesn't throw teammates under the bus (even when they really, really do deserve it), responds honestly to the media and is a complete sweetheart off-the-field. These issues are a blip in any other media market, but he's a 24-year-old emotional kid in the most corrosive media market in the world.

In a way he's the total opposite of his quarterback: one feels nothing, the other feels everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
In actual good news, the Giants defense still owns and Paul Perkins got the majority of the carries yesterday!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah he has a chance of actually being Bipolar.

All of his behavior makes a complete sense that way.

:lol: no. Bipolar means "two poles". ODB never has a down or depressive episode that I've seen. He's just an emotional kid who hates losing. He's hardly unique in that. He is just a high profile player that the media loves to fixate on. When the Seahawks perform badly half the team acts that way. It isn't mental illness, it's hyper-competitive young men who have gone through immense physical pain and still lost.

corn on the cop posted:

He melts down and takes things too hard. That's basically it (and he kept it off the field this time!).

He doesn't throw teammates under the bus (even when they really, really do deserve it), responds honestly to the media and is a complete sweetheart off-the-field. These issues are a blip in any other media market, but he's a 24-year-old emotional kid in the most corrosive media market in the world.

In a way he's the total opposite of his quarterback: one feels nothing, the other feels everything.

Yeah, this.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Please someone tell me how both the Giants and Skins can miss the playoffs so I can laugh and laugh and laugh (and then cry as the Cowboys win the Super Bowl)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

axeil posted:

Please someone tell me how both the Giants and Skins can miss the playoffs so I can laugh and laugh and laugh (and then cry as the Cowboys win the Super Bowl)

Packers win on Sunday. Lions win on Monday. Then Lions win next week and skins and giants both lose out (actually skins may only need to lose one)

Oh and the bucs need to win 2

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Packers win on Sunday. Lions win on Monday. Then Lions win next week and skins and giants both lose out (actually skins may only need to lose one)

Oh and the bucs need to win 2

How can the Skins and Giants lose out, they play each other.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

axeil posted:

Yeah sorry I meant only giants lose out. Skins need to lose this Sunday then beats the giants next week. Bucs need to win out to eliminate the Giants

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

axeil posted:

the redskins can win out and still easily miss. you're better off rooting for the incomprehensible giants doomday scenario:

https://twitter.com/NYGDaily/status/811074306528739328

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Giants need only go 0 -1 now.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It would be funny for the Giants to miss the playoffs cause of us, but on the same note, it would be great if they won.

Oh, Super Bowl champs Giants? You mean that scrub team we disposed of in Week 16? :smuggo:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

It would be funny for the Giants to miss the playoffs cause of us, but on the same note, it would be great if they won.

Oh, Super Bowl champs Giants? You mean that scrub team we disposed of in Week 16? :smuggo:

Er but they beat us earlier in the year...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

axeil posted:

Er but they beat us earlier in the year...

I'm digging deep to come up with what I already have, come on man.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas has the 1 seed securing the NFC East as the best division in football.

I want to especially thank the Washington team for making this happen!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Now that the Chargers have lost to the Browns, I think that we can finally set aside this discussion about which division is better, the NFCE or the AFCW.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Skins have first back to back winning seasons for the first time in 19 years

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles could end up with #8 in the first round after today lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeay playoffs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Half of me wants the Giants to rest their key guys next week, the other half wants them to break Washington's spirit

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a new study bible! posted:

Now that the Chargers have lost to the Browns, I think that we can finally set aside this discussion about which division is better, the NFCE or the AFCW.

NFC East 4-0 vs Browns this year, AFC West 0-1, checks out.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I sorta hope for Cowboys vs Giants NFC Championship.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

blue squares posted:

I sorta hope for Cowboys vs Giants NFC Championship.

It would rule if the Cowboys went 17-3 with all losses being to Eli Manning.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Chichevache posted:

:agreed:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

15-3*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:doh:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NattyBo posted:

Skins have first back to back winning seasons for the first time in 19 years

That should be worth at least 4 home MNF games next year.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
NFCE 1 win and 1 non tie away from 3 teams in the playoffs

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NattyBo posted:

NFCE 1 win and 1 non tie away from 3 teams in the playoffs

We can't have nice things though.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I'm sorry, NFC East bros, but I can not in good conscience root for 3 of our teams to make the playoffs when I can root for a ridiculous parlay involving a tie to get Tampa Bay in instead.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles are going to beat the Cowboys, because why wouldn't they win a game that affects nothing but their draft position post round 1.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Zoran posted:

I'm sorry, NFC East bros, but I can not in good conscience root for 3 of our teams to make the playoffs when I can root for a ridiculous parlay involving a tie to get Tampa Bay in instead.

Even though this involves the Eagles losing, I am rooting for this so hard because FOOTBALL

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles are going to beat the Cowboys, because why wouldn't they win a game that affects nothing but their draft position post round 1.

Also, they will win because the team that has their #1 pick is the Browns. The Browns are really innovative in their sadness manufacturing.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles worked out Dez Stewart (WR) the other day. He was originally signed by Washington and spent time on Green Bay's practice squad.

I don't know anything about him, but if the Eagles like what they saw they could have a Dez and a Beckham in their WR corps next season.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles worked out Dez Stewart (WR) the other day. He was originally signed by Washington and spent time on Green Bay's practice squad.

I don't know anything about him, but if the Eagles like what they saw they could have a Dez and a Beckham in their WR corps next season.

Just like we had a Matthews in our linebacking corps, and the Phillies had a Giambi in their dugout.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
So are the Giants gonna play their starters the whole game tomorrow?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NattyBo posted:

Depends on how much they value keeping the redskins out of the playoffs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

NattyBo posted:

Coughlin historically sat starters but I'm not sure about McAdoo. Offense will probably sit but the defense might have starters go since they have to figure out who's going to step up to replace JPP and how he'll work with the other starters on the line. Jenkins will probably sit just to get healthy. DRC too just to give Eli Apple some experience on the outside in case Jenkins gets hurt again.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Well it's not as if we can complain if you do play starters. Winning tomorrow would mean a lot for me and a lot of fans, I think. Back to back playoff berths would be a sure sign that things really are going right here these days.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 31, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NattyBo posted:

Well it's not a sign if we can complain if you do play starters. Winning tomorrow would mean a lot for me and a lot of fans, I think. Back to back playoff berths would be a sure sign that things really are going right here these days.

I might actually retire my WINNING OFF THE FIELD SINCE 1999 t-shirt if that happens.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I might actually retire my WINNING OFF THE FIELD SINCE 1999 t-shirt if that happens.

It hasn't been true in a while anyway. The Eagles are now the perennial offseason champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

e: this is not the n/v thread

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 31, 2016

• Locked thread