Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Shepard definitely came back. As a machine god overmind ruling over an armada of unstoppable apocalypse monsters

Control ending all da way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Zzulu posted:

Shepard definitely came back. If you weren't lazy with EMS.

Destroy ending all da way

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Shepard died.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Dan Didio posted:

Shepard died.

Actually, they all died.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Dan Dildo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Meme Effect is really gonna have to up their waifu game if they want to compete with the Overwatch shippers now.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Drifter posted:

^^^ That is a terrible design practice and I despise Bioware games for using it.

I never romanced anyone in this playthrough (I try to avoid most Bioware romances), but it might have been appropriate for Liara, in London at the very end, to take on your DNA randomizer and get pregnant or whatever (after asking you) instead of just showing you some weird memory.

I'd have allowed that if you guys were good friends and poo poo. We all knew Shepard wasn't coming back from that final assault into the Citadel.

...this probably outs me as some closet furry or something, but I swear I'm not. :sweatdrop:

I always thought that this was the case anyway. Which is why I initially thought Peebee could be Shep and Liara's daughter, since she has eyebrows and that loving :shepface:
But now that we know they left for Andromeda before ME3, I guess that can't be true.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

Meme Effect is really gonna have to up their waifu game if they want to compete with the Overwatch shippers now.

Maybe Ryder can do Tracer's victor rear end pose after each fight. Both Ryders that is.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Milky Moor posted:

Actually, they all died.

They did.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

Maybe Ryder can do Tracer's victor rear end pose after each fight. Both Ryders that is.

Team Ryder...with just a hint of incest.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

*chortles heartily, wagging finger at the monitor*

anime

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Can't not see it no matter how hard I try.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

...this probably outs me as some closet furry or something, but I swear I'm not. :sweatdrop:

Be at peace with yourself, fam

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fojar38 posted:

Instead of you romancing someone, Pheebee romances you and this manifests as her visiting your quarters after every mission to check and see if you have something new to say

You're just trying to get some crafting done or just enjoy how your quarters look, maybe drinking a beer or something; however, once again the crew wants to loving talk and mate as usual. The paragon option will be just to lock the door and wait for them to get bored while the renegade option is to punch them and dump them out the air lock. They'll be fine, they're still in their space suit/combat gear for some reason!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

exquisite tea posted:

Andromeda devs:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Drifter posted:

IN Synthesis the robot tells you that the Reaper "civilizations" within each reaper will be shared amongst the rest of the poeple in the Universe and I'm just thinking like, if there's anything left that's recognizably cognizant within those reapers then they must be living some I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream life in there, what with the literally evil poo poo the reapers have been doing for millions of years.

I don't think the rest of the Galaxy would appreciate a bunch of old civilizations/alien races screaming their digital voices raw from accumulated horror.

Apparently, the trauma of being kidnapped, watching zombies slaughter your people, and being agonizingly melted to merge with millions of strangers to form an undead civilization ending monster is just easy to wave off.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

*chortles heartily, wagging finger at the monitor*

anime

*gif of man saying "...that's a penis!" but instead of penis he says anime*

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

So ME2 Engineer with Tali and Legion means 3 combat drones, which makes a multi-coloured drone party happening. Tali's is purpley-pink, Legions is green and mine is blue.
It's like a christmas drone bauble party!
Also spamming AI hacking from all 3 of us just results in everyone standing around awkwardly as everyone is your buddy with no shots fired.
Good times.
I love Engineers.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Moola posted:

*gif of man saying "...that's a penis!" but instead of penis he says anime*

*gif of max from the film mad max: fury road saying: "that's bait" but he says anime instead of bait*

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
i hope in andromeda they add the ability to take poop and piss breaks and if you go buy something from a shop you have to walk around the area with a big plastic bag dangling from your hands until you load back into your ship

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i hope they add sweat glands in me4 so i can bathe in my waifus sweat,

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

i hope in andromeda they add the ability to take poop and piss breaks and if you go buy something from a shop you have to walk around the area with a big plastic bag dangling from your hands until you load back into your ship

ME3 was an industry pioneer in adding realistic poop features, as in the game was a pile of poo poo ahahahah

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Shepard died.

nah

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shepard's dead and I can't wait for this game series to finally, mercifully die after the massive financial and critical failure of Mass Effect: Andromeda.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

picture if you can EA pumping out Mass Effect games - forever

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

JawKnee posted:

picture if you can EA pumping out Mass Effect games - forever

:jackbud:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Shepard's dead and I can't wait for this game series to finally, mercifully die after the massive financial and critical failure of Mass Effect: Andromeda.

what if MEA is good

?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

exquisite tea posted:

Same but your posting.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

what if MEA is good

?

That's a pretty interesting hypothetical, actually.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

does that guy still post here?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
so I'm playing mass effect 1 and you're telliin me that the thorian is a 40,000+ year old telepathic being that lives in like a parking garage or something and all you need to do to kill it is shoot some tentacles a couple of times?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

The Walrus posted:

so I'm playing mass effect 1 and you're telliin me that the thorian is a 40,000+ year old telepathic being that lives in like a parking garage or something and all you need to do to kill it is shoot some tentacles a couple of times?

and fight it's army of telepathically linked people of various races and its immortal avatar.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Moola posted:

what if MEA is good

?

What if it is, and they absolutely trainwreck the final game in the series?
I'm really expecting that to happen.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I played ME3 and told that Youtube Star insert journalist that she wasn't allowed on my ship and I feel like the game was better for it.I'm glad youtube stars aren't really a thing anymore.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Drifter posted:

IN Synthesis the robot tells you that the Reaper "civilizations" within each reaper will be shared amongst the rest of the poeple in the Universe and I'm just thinking like, if there's anything left that's recognizably cognizant within those reapers then they must be living some I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream life in there, what with the literally evil poo poo the reapers have been doing for millions of years.

I don't think the rest of the Galaxy would appreciate a bunch of old civilizations/alien races screaming their digital voices raw from accumulated horror.

Just make this the canon choice please. With the Andromeda folks just looking back at Citadel space and going "Welp, we'll never visit there again"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

I played ME3 and told that Youtube Star insert journalist that she wasn't allowed on my ship and I feel like the game was better for it.I'm glad youtube stars aren't really a thing anymore.

The funny thing about that character was that if you played a Femshep you couldn't romance her and she had almost zero non romance dialogue. After her initial talk there was I think one very short conversation with her in the rest of the game if you kept her on board and that was it.

Complete waste of space for a character but 'games journalism' (bribery) is what it is.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Two very different long-standing developed journalist characters for the players to choose from in our choice-game? Eh, let's kill one of them off off-screen and give the part to the YouTube "reviewer".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
One of the silliest bits in CItadel is the look Traynor gives when she pulls out her toothbrush to unlock the Normandy. It's great. Right up there with Joker doing the robot at EDI in ME2.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Drifter posted:

Chobot is worse than a Youtube star, she's actually on TV. She's more mainstream than the Philip Defrancos and iJustines of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
she didn't break MY IMMERSION or anything but it was a curious choice. the game wasn't like better because she was in it and I can't imagine it made more people buy the game