Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

Ahundredbux posted:

healing touch on 2 and rake on 6, i'm vomiting blood right now

what are you looking at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Lizard Wizard posted:

what are you looking at

Babby's first macro

Scaly Haylie

Ahundredbux posted:

Babby's first macro

Oh yeah, I think that's just where it put the bonus abilities from where I was trying talents. :shrug:

Ofecks

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

/cast Arcane Power
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Pyroblast(Rank 8)

the littlest prince

took me forever to get that darn ZHC

Scaly Haylie

the littlest prince posted:

took me forever to get that darn ZHC

A what now?

Ofecks

Zandalarian Hero Charm. One of the two caster burst-damage trinkets in vanilla. The only way to get it was to be the lucky winner to loot the heart of Hakkar, the final boss in the original 20-man Zul'Gurub raid. The other trinket was the Talisman of Ephemeral Power, contained in the loot tables of most of Molten Core's bosses. Once a mage had both, they could spec into Arcane Power and use that macro to blow all 3 at once for retarded damage, and if they had decent gear, a Pyro crit was usually enough to oneshot another player in PvP. 13 and 14 are the item slots for trinkets. The terms "double-trinketing" and "three-minute mage" came from such shenanigans. Eventually Blizzard nerfed it by implementing activation CDs on on-use trinkets with similar effects, a thing still in effect today.

Another fun (but useless) mage macro is to /castrandom all the polymorph variants.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 9, 2016

Plebian Parasite

Ofecks posted:

Zandalarian Hero Charm. One of the two caster burst-damage trinkets in vanilla. The only way to get it was to be the lucky winner to loot the heart of Hakkar, the final boss in the original 20-man Zul'Gurub raid. The other trinket was the Talisman of Ephemeral Power, contained in the loot tables of most of Molten Core's bosses. Once a mage had both, they could spec into Arcane Power and use that macro to blow all 3 at once for retarded damage, and if they had decent gear, a Pyro crit was usually enough to oneshot another player in PvP. 13 and 14 are the item slots for trinkets. The terms "double-trinketing" and "three-minute mage" came from such shenanigans. Eventually Blizzard nerfed it by implementing activation CDs on on-use trinkets with similar effects, a thing still in effect today.

Another fun (but useless) mage macro is to /castrandom all the polymorph variants.

Reminds me of the pocket stun trinket that was dropped by some rando rare spawn out in arathi. Eventually Blizz realized that putting a stun on a trinket was bonkers for pvp since it gave certain classes utility they shouldn't have, so they made it so it was 'unreliable against people 60 or higher' but they forgot to have the cooldown tied to failed attempts, so people would just string together a macro where they /use'd the trinket like 50 times in a row and inevitably one of the uses wouldn't fizzle.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Ofecks posted:

rest in peace zul'gurub, you are but a 5-man dungeon now

Jenner
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Ahundredbux posted:

rest in peace zul'gurub, you are but a 5-man dungeon now

ZG's real legacy is the Corrupted Blood mechanic and its ability to make every major city a ghost city.

Scaly Haylie

Today, it's time for an innovation that mostly got introduced in Burning Crusade.

I refer, of course, to firing projectiles from a flying vehicle on a set path. We're rescuing goblins!

And loving up pirates.

We're rewarded with a much more casterly staff.

Butchering of more exotic wildlife via robot is next. Incidentally, we gathered eggs from rocs and clams from sea creatures for the clam omelette.

The rocs are not pictured.

Some arena fighting in town. Hello, pop culture reference.

Our next opponent is, uh, significantly more dangerous. These fights are designed for three people, but they're doable solo with some effort.

Some level capped guy killed the next opponent in one hit for us, thanks guy!

The Darkmoon Faire is back, we do their crafting quests, you know how this goes.

I also get some inscription training done so I can finally use dyes from the latest tier of herbs.

I don't know where the screenshots that show me getting to this mini quest hub went, but we had to get some scorpion stingers to make an antidote for this guy's girlfriend and the quest's name is EXTREMELY good.

It seems not to work and we're sent to kill another, bigger scorpion, and the punchline is she's just sick from food poisoning. World of Warcraft!

Meanwhile, this troll wants to help us find a sword.

Ew.

Mazoga is gross.

We're bringing him half of a sealed extremely powerful sword, which is definitely a good idea.

Dude needs stronger poo poo for his weird troll divinations, so we're getting :black101:DARKEST MOJO:black101: from reanimated corpses.

Time to get the other half of this extremely powerful sword!

Oh no, we got owned.

We fight him for a bit and then he runs off to the nearest dungeon.

Let's do that, why not?

Healers get hella fast queues due to there being not many of them.

We have a bear druid tank, and he's so durable I basically end up doing DPS instead of healing for the most part. Pretty fun! Also, f.lux may have kicked in.

Froosh.

We did it, guys. We won the dungeon.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 13, 2016

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
ohhh I'm feeling a bit nostalgic about leveling

Scaly Haylie

I forgot to mention it last time, but in our travels we ran into a merchant who sells cheese. As such, we can now prepare a lovely clam omelette, which means now is the time to shoot giants in the dick and stock up on clams for the foreseeable future.

It also bears mentioning that we found a homing beacon in that dungeon, which leads us to this little guy. His owner wants to thank us and presumably give us more quests, but he's on the other continent so :effort:

Anyway, today's random errand is culling the local pirate population and stealing their treasure.

There's not much more to say about it than that, unfortunately. But in the process...

:whatup:

Next time, we'll be going somewhere a bit more seasonally apropos.

Scaly Haylie

also i'll take that money now, julio

Piso Mojado

Lizard Wizard posted:

also i'll take that money now, julio

lol

Scaly Haylie

on sticky wings, i said a thing, flew too close to the sun

i made a post, to roast a ghost, prosperity undone

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 14, 2016

Scaly Haylie

We start today's adventure by traveling through the tunnels of Timbermaw Hold, a zone that connects Winterspring to neighboring Felwood and is the only way in.

drat that's wintery.

Our first concern is culling the numbers of a corrupted tribe of furbolgs, bringing their beads back as proof.

Further investigation reveals that the furbolgs have been dabbling in the forbidden soup arts.

We quickly discover that these dumb loving animals have been using random-rear end sludge monsters as their bouillon. hosed up.

I have no idea what this cookbook says.

We give it to this guy,

who makes us do a bunch of quests mostly about killing ghosts to learn about elf history of some sort.

We get a lovely knife-and-orb set before being sent to find the head ghost behind all of this trouble, who is the ghost of a wizard or something who cares.

arcane roller da

We follow the idiot's trail of balls to him easily and microwave him, retrieving a shard engraved with SOMETHING from his shattered form.

It says "Umbranse" apparently.

We arrive in goblintown and find three adventurers squabbling over whose weapon is best, and thus get sent off by an enterprising goblin who makes us gather raw materials for them to beat up. In this case it's rock elemental chunks for a boulder.

We then kill treants for, well,

a tree.

We're sent off on an arguably more interesting task next, which is gathering yeti fur for a goblin who wants to make a robot yeti to prank her friends with.

She also sends us to check on a machine called Echo Three, and-

whup we got dunked on and kidnapped by a yeti.

Conveniently, we got deposited right next to a giganto-yeti whose horns the gobette wants.

Also conveniently, the cave is full of ice chunks which the sword guy out of the three adventurers wants. We harvest it by attacking it, which in this case means bombarding it with sunlight. Sure.

Someone put a healing circle down, sorry :(

drat. I think this guy wins. And with that, we have gained two levels and seen a cool ice statue. What a productive day.

Scaly Haylie

What's this? Today we log in to find that fantasy Christmas has come to World of Warcraft!

I waste no time in going to see fantasy Santa.

Smokywood Pastures is a goblin company that basically just sells comfort food, and there's this thing where they're the main force propping up fantasy Christmas. It's weirdly biting social commentary.

In any case, we have to go make cookies for fantasy Santa because we are a good boy.

First, however, we buy a cute little sweater that allows us to carol.

Surprisingly, the recipe for gingerbread cookies is just "an egg and some spices", so we go nuke some birds for their eggs.

For our trouble we get some cider. I was hoping this update would be longer, but unfortunately it looks like a lot of the Christmas Chontent requires a higher level character!

I gotta think of something fast, or Christmas is going to be ruined! :derp:

Ofecks

Do you not have the Legion expansion? Buying it gives you a free instant lv 100 boost, and you could probably hit 110 in 5 days if you play a decent amount of time. Seems kinda dumb to blow that kind of bonus just for an LP, but hey :sterv:

Scaly Haylie

Ofecks posted:

Do you not have the Legion expansion? Buying it gives you a free instant lv 100 boost, and you could probably hit 110 in 5 days if you play a decent amount of time. Seems kinda dumb to blow that kind of bonus just for an LP, but hey :sterv:

Good point, but I already used my boost. We've got options, though...

Bobhuggins is a level 110 warrior and friend to all, clad in thick plate armor and possessed of the vigor and enthusiasm needed to hop, skip and heroically leap across the land to crush evil's skull with the business end of his shield. He's pretty hard to put down! As well, he's got several of his personal inventions at his disposal. He enjoys Pet Battles.

Thedayfel is a level 100 demon hunter. He's a night elf who lost everything, but then drank demon blood, gained kickass fel powers, and learned how to dual-wield what are essentially those Klingon swords from Star Trek. Ten years ago he was a real badass, but then some square sealed him in a crystal made of his own blood because he was too dangerous or some poo poo. He's on the loose again, though, and he's ready to rip ans tear once again. He's into leather.

BYOB, which of these two characters do you want to see dust off their tome of fantasy holiday songs for a good old fashioned....CHRISTMAS PERIL???

(they both meet the level requirement to do the thing I'm pretty sure)

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 20, 2016

Ofecks

Lizard Wizard posted:

Bobhuggins is a level 110 warrior and friend to all, clad in thick plate armor and possessed of the vigor and enthusiasm needed to hop, skip and heroically leap across the land to crush evil's skull with the business end of his shield. He's pretty hard to put down! As well, he's got several of his personal inventions at his disposal. He enjoys Pet Battles.

this guy!

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ofecks posted:

this guy!

yeah! warrior! mr. huggins!!

Scaly Haylie

Then it's settled!

Scaly Haylie

Christmas is ruined! The content's unshown! Now we're all haunted by questlines unknown!

"Hey now, did somebody say Winter Veil? I'LL help flesh out this let-us-play tale!"

"First it's to Ironforge, by way of this portal,"

"To feed this here Santa, 'cause hey, he's just mortal."

"The eggs are acquired just fast as can be, gold's no object to a champion like me!"

"But what's this? Shock horror, a holiday nasty!"

"I better go deal with this monster, and fastly!"

"I'll get there right quick in my flying machine, then show that there Greench WHAT PAIN REALLY MEANS!"

"My radar machine says he ought to be near..."

"No matter, it seems that the presents are here."

"Once again your pal Bob has prevented world sorrow...and according to Lizwiz, I'll be back tomorrow!"

Ofecks

:allears: I'm a sucker for rhyme time please continue this thing

Scaly Haylie

I've got some stuff to do tonight, so I fear that Bob Huggins wasn't quite right.

So I'm frightfully sorry for the delay, but the next update's going to be this Friday.

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

I played WoW from the friends-and-family alpha to just before the first expansion, and haven't touched it since. this is very weird. 1KN should not be a water-place.

MrWillsauce

world of warcraft is for nerds

Scaly Haylie

Bob Huggins, you know, is one heck of a guy. He's very well loved, and it's no wonder why.

He's been all over, he's done this and that. He's done many things and he's worn many hats.

Engineer, pest slayer, amateur baker. Main tank, fisherman, candlestick taker.

But one honor's eluded him, to his bereavement, hidden behind a web of achievements!

This year he'd attain MERRYMAKER, that's what he wished, so he knocked back an eggnog and said "let'sh look at the lisht."

A good third of the cheevos had already been got, and you'll have to believe me, since I failed to screenshot.

"Dress up in Santa clothing and eat some fruitcake? Easily done, I've got what that takes!"

and so...

"Robes and pants gotten, though I did overspend. But it's an acceptable means to this end! Supporting crafty players I don't really mind -- but it seems like the hat I'll have to find!"

"Where better than Northrend to get Crimbo attire? Perhaps from a boss somewhere over by that spire?"

"The internet says that it drops from this boss..."

"And I guess they were right! My gain, his loss."

:toot:

"What's next, I wonder, on my achievement list? Some priests o'er the land who need to be kissed..."

"Hit the dwarf king with a cheeky, cold snowball? I did that last year, now I'm banned from his mead hall."

"Retrieve stolen gifts? Well, that's already done. This title will surely be easily won!"

Bob Huggins thought he could rapidly do this, but soon he would learn of his Huggins-sized hubris...

Ofecks

This is now the best LP ever, despite the rotating pics. Your creative efforts are appreciated.

Scaly Haylie

Yeah, that previous update was mostly brought to you by my failure to screenshot the achievement details before I got a good deal of them. :shobon:

Twenty Four

The Christmas style poems with the screenshots are pretty great, gotta say!

Jenner
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Are the Timbermaw in that passage to Winterspring still aggressive or is their reputation default to neutral now?

Loving the holiday spirit.

Scaly Haylie

Jenner posted:

Are the Timbermaw in that passage to Winterspring still aggressive or is their reputation default to neutral now?

Loving the holiday spirit.

They're neutral. As is the case with a lot of things, Blizzard made the bold decision to make the game less unpleasant.

Scaly Haylie

Bob's next task was daunting, sprinkle snow on the masses; specifically, combos of races and classes.

Scouring Dalaran, he wondered when his task would end.

Things went smoother, though, thanks to a mildly sexy friend. (Thanks Yapping Eevee!)

He'd then give the demons quite something to fear, lobbing bombs from on high on a glamoured reindeer.

Not important, but here's Bob with a nice candy cane. I figured this image might entertain.

He pepped up priests the world over with magic mistletoe - a kind gesture, but I wanted a kiss, though!

The last task almost sent Bob out of his gourd.

It was Santa-ing up and thumping fifty of the Horde.

"I'll have you all know it was really quite daunting. My costume did shatter each time I was sent haunting!"
(You become a ghost whenever you get killed, you see, a thing that happens quite often in PvP.)

After some effort, and slaying all takers, clearly Bob Huggins was no mere yule faker. Truly, he's now, certified...

Scaly Haylie

Just so you all know, I'm heading to Florida early tomorrow morning and may not be back until the 4th of January. I'll probably get WoW installed on my laptop, so there MIGHT be an update or two if I get around to it, but this thread's going on vacation for a bit now.

Scaly Haylie

Today, we have a slight problem. In my rush to get our hero back to Ironforge a few weeks ago to do Christmas things, I completely neglected to pick up the next set of Winterspring quests.

I suppose I can heal a dungeon and maybe talk about it a bit.

Just gotta wait for my queue.

In no time at all we're in the dungeon which is a dwarf city gone wrong or something???

I haven't done much druid healing, but one thing that differentiates it from other healing classes in a big way is that it's mostly preventative in that you stack heal-over-time spells on your party members to more or less cancel out any damage they might sustain. Unfortunately they don't have a lot of quick burst healing.

If a dungeon is a hot summer day, priests are glasses of ice water and druids are air conditioners.

I find a key on one of the corrupt dwarves or whatever, which sparks discussion among the group. Apparently bodeva means safe.

Eventually our rogue just decides to gently caress off from the rest of the group for some reason. He would spend the rest of the dungeon dying alone, repeatedly, before leaving.

After some really lucky loot rolls we reach the end of the dungeon where I rob some dwarves' safety deposit boxes.

drat, we look pretty good apart from the whole face and hair thing. Maybe we can fix that next update.

Satisfied, I watch some Masaokis videos. In this one he ends up driving for like fifteen minutes before getting the actual cooking done, so I got bored.

I then switched to the pizza video he did recently. Here he is pouring sambuca onto some tomatoes that he mashed up by hand after trying to blend three whole intact tomatoes like a dumb animal. The liquid he's pouring in is sambuca.

Tomatoes and sambuca, there's no other ingredients to this sauce.

It goes onto his dough, which consists of flour, sambuca and a singular egg. I simply watch.

After putting on the cheese and pep, he just sort of mangles a small bell pepper into like six pieces and throws it on there.

All the while I am explaining masaokis to a goon friend, and we share an appreciation of the topic through the very same screenshots that are going into this post.

The poor idiot tried to transport an entire pizza at once by way of spatula.

Apparently it was edible, but not great.

I write the post for the thread.

Ofecks

Lizard Wizard posted:

In no time at all we're in the dungeon which is a dwarf city gone wrong or something???

Ah, BRD I'm guessing. The Blackrock Depths were an absolutely massive dungeon in vanilla, with two dozen bosses and oodles of treasure, some of which was pre-raid Best-In-Slot like the Hand of Justice trinket. A full clear often took several hours.

Not sure about the lore, I think it's the home city of the Dark Iron Dwarves, who accidently(?) summoned their god Ragnaros before the vanilla timeline and blew up the Burning Steppes.

Scaly Haylie

Ofecks posted:

Ah, BRD I'm guessing. The Blackrock Depths were an absolutely massive dungeon in vanilla, with two dozen bosses and oodles of treasure, some of which was pre-raid Best-In-Slot like the Hand of Justice trinket. A full clear often took several hours.

I'm pretty sure it's still the same dungeon, actually. These were among my phat loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofecks

Nice! Originally, however, those were a dud BoE. They had nature spell damage, meant for Moonkins, obviously. Problem was, in vanilla no one was a Moonkin so they were nearly impossible to sell.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=2564

• Locked thread