Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

What went wrong with Crytek? Are these still echoes of the Ryse fiasco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ryse was a very expensive game, but also too many studio's started up around the globe, and these studio's focused on the free to play, and mobile genres and had awful success tapping into it. Crytek is supposedly going back to their roots, making a strong game engine for game developers and producing only AAA titles now.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

the post-mortem for star citizen's cancellation in 2025 will be incredible

Video Gaming's Thief and the Cobbler.

I think, is that a right analogy to use?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I thought duke nukem forever was a more apt comparison for the thief and the cobbler

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quest For Glory II posted:

star citizen is switching engines, 4 years into development, lol
again?! did I drop through a time warp or did I just imagine the first one

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I said come in! posted:

There should be close to zero actually. Nintendo has already discontinued the Wii U and I doubt many are buying the 3DS at this point considering its age.

The stores in my area can't keep any variant of the 3DS in stock. I think it's selling just fine.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Frog Fractions was funny and all but I'm way more interested in whatever Arcane Kids is putting out next.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CrashCat posted:

again?! did I drop through a time warp or did I just imagine the first one

Again. Swapping to AWS isn't a 1for1 but it is better than what they were using before so... ok?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh my god raw cookie dough is irresistable

My stomach is gonna hate me for that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I honestly thought Frog Fractions 2 was some kind of ironic joke and not an actual thing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly thought Frog Fractions 2 was some kind of ironic joke and not an actual thing.

It can be an actual thing AND an ironic joke

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

$72k for ironic humor is the worst deal I can imagine.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Witcher 3 is so good that I've barely done any combat because I keep getting distracted by all of the flowers I want to pick. I also ran into the forest to chase some deer to see if I could hunt one down with my sword for my inventory and ran into a bandit camp.

When I got to the first notice board, I took all of the notices and some of them didn;t show up in my inventory or give me quests - are those just sort of there for world-building? Also, none of the ones that say "urgent" actually are, right, like I can just let them sit in my questbox until I get to them.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

enjoy the only song i remember from witcher 3 besides the combat chanting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4tYZHNUY8

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Finally got around to playing the NieR Automata demo and holy loving smokes is that game going to be great from what I've seen

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ciaphas posted:

Oh my god raw cookie dough is irresistable

My stomach is gonna hate me for that

Yes. Yes it is.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Must...resist...Nier Demo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The real Frog Fractions 2 was the funds we made along the way - the Frog Fractions 2 dev, probably

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Motto posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

play it its basically a trailer but you do the sick action poo poo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

glam rock hamhock posted:

... why

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm resisting the Nier demo by not having several hundred dollars for a PS4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

play it its basically a trailer but you do the sick action poo poo

I absolutely adore the way they messed with the camera to turn it into a twinstick shooter a couple of times

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motto posted:

well, millions of dollars have been spent for Kickstarter schadenfreude so $72k for ironic humor sounds like a goddamn bargain

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Yeah, Frog Fractions 2 is a bargain compared to Star Citizen, though as a member of the viewing public, Star Citizen is very entertaining.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I absolutely adore the way they messed with the camera to turn it into a twinstick shooter a couple of times

We need a :thatsnier:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Help I can't stop playing let it die

edit: Never mind this is not a situation that requires helping

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Now I found a noble who is teaching me Gwent and I won a card from him. That'll teach him to be pompous!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

Now I found a noble who is teaching me Gwent and I won a card from him. That'll teach him to be pompous!

I just could not ever get into Gwent :(

But then my times with Hearthstone and Shadowverse--and indeed MTG Online back in the day--didn't last very long either, just something about deck building doesn't do it for me I guess!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Thief and the Cobbler has redeeming features, even the weird cuts

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I just could not ever get into Gwent :(

But then my times with Hearthstone and Shadowverse--and indeed MTG Online back in the day--didn't last very long either, just something about deck building doesn't do it for me I guess!

I'm having some fun with it now, but I'm guessing it's going to stress me out because some of the cards will be hard to find or missable, so I'm going to try not to focus too much on it in my first playthrough. I'm going to find the gently caress out of the sidequests, though. I'm a little worried I'll gently caress up my character build but I'm playing on normal difficulty, so what's the worst that can happen?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I want as much as the game as possible to be fresh and new when I actually have the game and also having a taste now will make the wait all the more unbearable.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I'm having some fun with it now, but I'm guessing it's going to stress me out because some of the cards will be hard to find or missable, so I'm going to try not to focus too much on it in my first playthrough. I'm going to find the gently caress out of the sidequests, though. I'm a little worried I'll gently caress up my character build but I'm playing on normal difficulty, so what's the worst that can happen?

You can respec, and even then, a halfway decent build will turn the game into a cakewalk by the halfway point even on the highest difficulty. I love the game for its world and quests, but it isn't well balanced.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am very happy I have a PS4 and can catch up on some great games I have missed. I can't wait until I am also playing Bloodborne.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like my love for Bloodborne borders on the hyberbolic but god drat I really do love that game. Easily one of my favorite games of all time and a game I can't stop going back to.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Bloodborne is legit in my top ten games of all time. It was a Souls game where they made the gameplay less defensive and more aggressive and put it in a world Castlevania world that was actually unsettling. It's soooooo loving good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I still need to beat Bloodborne, I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through not counting DLC

I was on a great roll but I got badly badly stuck on the boss of Cainhurst and never went back to it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I still need to beat Bloodborne, I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through not counting DLC

I was on a great roll but I got badly badly stuck on the boss of Cainhurst and never went back to it

Cainhurst is completely optional so you can come back later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cainhurst is great even if just for how obviously it wears its inspiration on its sleeve, it's a huge castle filled with monsters where you fight a sort-of vampire on the roof.

• Locked thread