Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

frank.club posted:

Steel ball run is turning into one of my favorite mangas ever by a mile

I went into 7 thinking it would be terrible and instead it was easily a gold standard not just for Jojo but for the general action manga genre as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jojo-animation.com/story/39.html

The last time.

:smith:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm going to miss chilling with the duwang boys every Friday.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'll still be there

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BaDandy posted:

Also, poo poo like Star Finger, even if it's incredibly silly, makes sense when you think of Stands as spirits and not actual people, like how they had HG and SC shrink for the Lovers fight. Like if Stands can shrink, they can probably do other weird body poo poo too.

I would have liked to see more weird nonsense like that, but I can't remember if it even comes up again in later parts.

I agree. The only thing that comes close to that in my opinion is RHCP falling apart after it gets shot into the ocean and it ends up looking hosed up like Ultron's cludged together body in the second Avengers movie.

I would've loved to see more of that stuff! But Jojo's a series about people tanking obscene amounts of damage and walking them off for the next chapter. I woulda loved it if Jotaro caved DIO's skull in and he brought out The World but it's all hosed up and weak like a failed Gotenks fusion.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Made me laugh a little when I saw Josuke walking around with bandages and whatnot in some episodes after he got hosed up because in the manga he's always perfectly fine after so it's like a "oh yeah, he would be messed up" moment.

~75 minutes until the episode airs in Japan.
Diamond is Unbreakable, but my heart is not because it will be shattered at 4pm England time.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 23, 2016

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Man, there's still stuff missing from the OST. Where's Mikitaka's theme?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably going to come with the rest of the bluray bonuses at some point?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I caught up last night. I loved reading everything in the manga, but holy poo poo, seeing some of this animated was even better. It met all my expectations

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

killer queen's 3rd bomb:
Vitza dust! Blow off time.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Vitza means Life

condition of Biza dust

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's about to start.

Why does it have to end?

No OP we're straight into go time

Holy gently caress the boner scene so good

The Yatta zo! god drat this is amazing

Kira's death is brutal, god-drat. It shows his neck snapping and head turning at least 180 as the wheel hits it.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 23, 2016

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
JOESTARS BREAKDOWN

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HOLY gently caress

JOSTARS (tommy coda jin) version of Great Days

e: Added things in the epilogue
Oku's dad goes to Tonios!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

HOLY gently caress

JOSTARS (tommy coda jin) version of Great Days

Gureito

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's Jo United, with more than just those.

This episode is so perfect. I can't describe it but it's loving over.
Part 4 FIN :smith:

Part 4 was perfect though :unsmith:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 23, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Great Days UNITS version out tomorrow on iTunes

http://jojo-animation.com/news/index01790000.html

Every single JoJo OP singer is on it

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 23, 2016

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Just another hour and a half until I can hear it!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/great-days-units-ver.-single/id1181795164

I think you can buy it on iTunes already?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dakedo kyō mo jōjō ni
monku nanka iiatte
nichijō o odoru

CRAZY-NOISY-BIZARRE TOWN

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://a.pomf.cat /cbncvx.mp4

Diamond Records (new phone game) advert from the stream. Link broken because huge resolution.

Looks actually pretty interesting though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

So does Tonio heal Okuyasu's dad?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It makes him a little less lumpy possibly but no he's still a monster thing

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

https://twitter.com/moyomoko/status/812344413422637056

Nutted but she still suckin'

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moltrey posted:

Part 7 is so loving good that by the end I consider it just great fiction, a work of literature to be studied, the best stuff in JoJo

Everyone should read JoJo but gently caress man everyone neeeeeds to read Steel Ball Run

Yeah it's surprising me with how good it is. Like the concept of an 'unrighteous man' keeping then corpse of Jesus out of the hands of the President, who wants to use it to protect Americans from any and all harm, is so good. It's a magic-realism western as written by a manga artist. It's phenomenal

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I am sad that the Diamond is Unbreakable is over now. But at least, we'll go back to Morioh again in the future, within 10 years from now since I am optimistic.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

frank.club posted:

Yeah it's surprising me with how good it is. Like the concept of an 'unrighteous man' keeping then corpse of Jesus out of the hands of the President, who wants to use it to protect Americans from any and all harm, is so good. It's a magic-realism western as written by a manga artist. It's phenomenal
Hell yeaaaah.

e:Just realized you may not have finished Part 7 so spoilers sorry

The scene with Valentine trying to talk down Johnny from shooting him with Johnny honestly not wanting to and believing that Valentine is the morally correct and righteous person here and that he himself is an awful human being is one of my favorite things ever and is a great example of how wild and cool Part 7 is just from a narrative and character sense

Johnny is 100% my favorite JoJo and like one of my favorite manga characters for sure

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 23, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:qq:

Morioh will live forever in our hearts

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moltrey posted:

Hell yeaaaah.

e:Just realized you may not have finished Part 7 so spoilers sorry

The scene with Valentine trying to talk down Johnny from shooting him with Johnny honestly not wanting to and believing that Valentine is the morally correct and righteous person here and that he himself is an awful human being is one of my favorite things ever and is a great example of how wild and cool Part 7 is just from a narrative and character sense

Johnny is 100% my favorite JoJo and like one of my favorite manga characters for sure

Thanks but I don't mind the spoilers. I've already had all the major stuff spoiled to me through playing EoH or curiosity on stand abilities. There's still so much cool stuff and the art is awesome. I really like how fuckin brutal the battles are

E: that scene is actually the first thing I saw from Part 7 and I knew I had to read it. Valentine is by no means a righteous person but his end goal is something that a lot of people in the world would want.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 23, 2016

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Part 7 is so loving good that by the end I consider it just great fiction, a work of literature to be studied, the best stuff in JoJo

Everyone should read JoJo but gently caress man everyone neeeeeds to read Steel Ball Run

Of course it's great. The President demonstrates how to shotgun a beer before beer cans were even a thing. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm sure it's a series full of even more grade A Americaning.

But I am disappointed that they killed Blackmore so quickly. That panel of him standing in the sky over Lucy was loving great and menacing. I also really like that Diego stole his stand power and am honestly looking forward to reading more.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I can't believe that Okuyasu adopts Stray Cat

:kimchi:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
wish they'd cut the bullshit and just give a confirmation

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/812337331533291520

i imagine Vento Aureo/Golden Shower will be around the same length, maybe about an episode more than this part (40 episodes)

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
So I guess the guy who saved baby josuke just had cool hair. I was really expecting weird time poo poo.

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

I assume the idea was originally to have Bites the Dust's time reversing power be much more powerful, leading into some kind of time fuckery where Josuke saves himself but was cut for time or whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't spread lies.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
could someone kindly make a gif of kira's head doing that weird glitchy headturn he does when he gets ran over?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Race Realists posted:

could someone kindly make a gif of kira's head doing that weird glitchy headturn he does when he gets ran over?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The whole Flashback Stranger is going to be the biggest pet peeve of mine until we start Part 5

"Why does Josuke get pissed about his hair?"
"Oh, for this specific reason, I will tell you a story about Josuke's hair and thus his overall look: a stranger helped Josuke and Josuke was so moved and inspired that he spent the next ten years trying to look like him. To recap, this sequence was shown because someone asked about Josuke looks and we gave a reason to why Josuke looks the way he does, tying into the themes of community on this part."
Oh, it must mean Josuke traveled back in time!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

:lol: its like the animators just threw up their hands and said "gently caress it"

dont even get me started with shinobu's model at the end there :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lol I really forgot that's how Kira finally bites it when I made a joke about him getting hit by a car in the anime thread.

I'm sorry, anime thread.