Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If her heart stopped there's not much an AED will do. They're only useful for arythmias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I cracked a joke a year ago about how Carrie Fisher's face was the only use of a rubber mask they had in Force Awakens everything else was digital but it was a joke I wanted to polish over the months before her next on screen appearance. Its gonna be CGI next time.

E also she did a lot of cocaine which will put a strain on your ticker.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If her heart stopped there's not much an AED will do. They're only useful for arythmias.

If by "stopped" you mean "no activity" then yes, there isn't anything any defibrillator can do (unless you're on TV and habitually shocking a flatline back into activity). Most of the time the heart isn't flatlined though, its just fibrillating too much to pump any blood (which could also be construed as "stopped" because it isn't doing anything productive) because all the cells are contracting independently. If you do have a flatline, that's what the big Pulp Fiction syringe full of epinephrine is for.*

This actually happened to my mother on a flight back from somewhere in the Caribbean. Some family didn't want their elderly grandmother, who was on her last legs, to die in a foreign country so they got her on the plane with the hopes she would survive the ~hour flight back to the states. This didn't go according to plan and when the old woman dropped dead, my mother ended up giving her CPR until the plane reached its destination (they were about at the halfway point when it happened). A bunch of passengers were complaining that the AED didn't work because it didn't want to shock a heart with no electrical activity. Oh, and while everyone was sitting around missing their connecting flights while they got statements from people, my mother finds out that one of the other passengers was a doctor in intensive care and didn't volunteer to help my mother who is a nurse that delivers babies.

*I'm over-explaining for the benefit of the kids in the back of the room, not because I don't think you know any of this.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Cat Hatter posted:

If by "stopped" you mean "no activity" then yes, there isn't anything any defibrillator can do (unless you're on TV and habitually shocking a flatline back into activity). Most of the time the heart isn't flatlined though, its just fibrillating too much to pump any blood (which could also be construed as "stopped" because it isn't doing anything productive) because all the cells are contracting independently. If you do have a flatline, that's what the big Pulp Fiction syringe full of epinephrine is for.*

This actually happened to my mother on a flight back from somewhere in the Caribbean. Some family didn't want their elderly grandmother, who was on her last legs, to die in a foreign country so they got her on the plane with the hopes she would survive the ~hour flight back to the states. This didn't go according to plan and when the old woman dropped dead, my mother ended up giving her CPR until the plane reached its destination (they were about at the halfway point when it happened). A bunch of passengers were complaining that the AED didn't work because it didn't want to shock a heart with no electrical activity. Oh, and while everyone was sitting around missing their connecting flights while they got statements from people, my mother finds out that one of the other passengers was a doctor in intensive care and didn't volunteer to help my mother who is a nurse that delivers babies.

*I'm over-explaining for the benefit of the kids in the back of the room, not because I don't think you know any of this.

I'm not sure I understand this meme

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
hmmmmmm

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I'm not sure I understand this meme

Neither do I, but everyone was doing it and I just wanted to be popular :shrug:

Instead of goons continuing to speculate about someone's health, here's a meme I stole from the Cold War/Airpower thread.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Say Nothing posted:

No longer in critical condition.

That's not a desert planet! My headcanon!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Posted these in the Ankara Terrorist photoshop thread, but figured you guys might like em as well

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Vitamin Me posted:

Posted these in the Ankara Terrorist photoshop thread, but figured you guys might like em as well

Jesus Christ

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Merry christmas nerds

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's everything I wanted :allears:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Merry christmas nerds

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Merry christmas nerds

Came here to post exactly this :(

gently caress it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

poo poo, this always happens in office secret santas, everyone gets everyone the same thing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm the L / 7 Tetris block shaped gift everyone got Brian Doyle Murray in Christmas Vacation.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I don't celebrate Christmas but I really want to put up a Christmas spike next year now.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ayy.lmao

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I don't celebrate Christmas but I really want to put up a Christmas spike next year now.

Did no one send out the memo? Christmas hasn't been a Christian holiday for years now! Plenty of non-Christians enjoy it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ak Gara posted:

Did no one send out the memo? Christmas hasn't been a Christian holiday for years now! Plenty of non-Christians enjoy it.

It's a capitalist holliday though. Not sure non-capitalists can understand the true meaning of christmas.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?CojUP5nRidA

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's a capitalist holliday though. Not sure non-capitalists can understand the true meaning of christmas.

Too much food, too much alcohol, and too much family you don't like seeing the other 364 days of the year?

Is this a video about Father Christmas?

Ak Gara has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Dec 24, 2016

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Ak Gara posted:

Is this a video about Father Christmas?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=jINryHDICc0

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYGb8VHjRI

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
"you will die alone having never been loved"

Well said! :thumbsup:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Carrie Fisher now may or may not be dead.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Carrie Fisher now may or may not be dead.

may may

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
happy materialistic consumption eve

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/Gax1B0I.gifv

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
It's zombie savior birthday time. And this is how he roll:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I just got done working a Christmas Eve shift and I swear I heard some variation of all of these today.

2Spicy4Me

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dreddout posted:

I just got done working a Christmas Eve shift and I swear I heard some variation of all of these today.

2Spicy4Me

Those are every day of the year things in retail so

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Le Epic "Mad At Having To Actually Do My Job" Meme

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The other day I was at the grocery store and this dangerhair Tumblrina looking girl at the register (Short cut hair, shaved sides, dyed multicolored, about 300lbs) said "Happy Holidays" to me so I gave her a big smile and said "And Merry Christmas to you!" and she literally said "UGH" out loud.

T-t-t-t-t-triggered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

merry Christmas goons

embiggen the last one for barely worksafe stupid sexy Flanders

• Locked thread