Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Does the CE give all the DLC? And how split up is the community thanks to dlc maps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

4th Horseman posted:

Does the CE give all the DLC? And how split up is the community thanks to dlc maps?

As long as the host has the DLC anyone can play the DLC maps with them.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Thanks very much.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's not as open as Payday. Like you can't just find someone hosting the DLC and join that lobby. It has to be someone you can join off of -- i.e. a friend or someone whose steam profile page you have available. It's not like "oh hey someone's hosting Chain of Fire, I'll jump in on that"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lichbone pendent as today's gift, so make sure you log in.

Finally have the stupid thing. :toot:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

OH MY GOD THEY GAVE OUT A loving LICHBONE.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
What does it do?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SkySteak posted:

What does it do?

Halves the HP loss for carrying a Grimoire.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

OH MY GOD THEY GAVE OUT A loving LICHBONE.

I'M NOT HOME OH gently caress gently caress gently caress NO

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I'M GONE ALL DAY THIS IS TERRIBLE

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:captainpop:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Get a goon to log into your account, then change your password.

I wonder what tomorrow's gift will be because this one makes up for all those green weapons and then some.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This is terrible. I'll have you know I worked for my lichebone the way fatshark intended--through 300 hours of grueling horn of magnus and no sleep. Vermintide every day for 8 hours. I quit my job to get that trinket. Family disowned me. Friends abandoned me. Don't care. I had to prove myself to earn it.

Mark my words, this is the beginning of the end of the game. Fatshark is bringing in a new crop of entitled players who will roll into every cataclysm game we dare to leave public, thinking they run the place and ruining lobbies with their stupidity. They're going to demand to hold out up the staircase on magnus, and they will have a grimoire, leaving us with no choice. They're going to show up in morr and not do the tombstone skip, because they won't even loving know about it. Fatshark has irreversibly destroyed the single greatest mark of accomplishment and seniority you can achieve in the game. They took our one reward for our months of hard work, our sacrifices and our tears, and they handed it out to everyone.

These new plebeians won't understand who to respect around here, and it's only a matter of time before the inmates are running the asylum. From now on I am kicking every player I see with that trinket who has fewer than 300 hours in the game.

I earned it! They didn't! Game is dead!

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Digirat posted:

This is terrible. I'll have you know I worked for my lichebone the way fatshark intended--through 300 hours of grueling horn of magnus and no sleep. Vermintide every day for 8 hours. I quit my job to get that trinket. Family disowned me. Friends abandoned me. Don't care. I had to prove myself to earn it.

Mark my words, this is the beginning of the end of the game. Fatshark is bringing in a new crop of entitled players who will roll into every cataclysm game we dare to leave public, thinking they run the place and ruining lobbies with their stupidity. They're going to demand to hold out up the staircase on magnus, and they will have a grimoire, leaving us with no choice. They're going to show up in morr and not do the tombstone skip, because they won't even loving know about it. Fatshark has irreversibly destroyed the single greatest mark of accomplishment and seniority you can achieve in the game. They took our one reward for our months of hard work, our sacrifices and our tears, and they handed it out to everyone.

These new plebeians won't understand who to respect around here, and it's only a matter of time before the inmates are running the asylum. From now on I am kicking every player I see with that trinket who has fewer than 300 hours in the game.

I earned it! They didn't! Game is dead!

The game is ending, though few choose to believe it...

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I just brought a blue pick up to orange, and I'm having trouble using it effectively. Maybe I am just playing bad because i'm used to the attacks being swapped around? I use a lot of 2h axe. It's supposed to be really good, right? Why is that?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys, I played this at launch and I was really bad and my team always split up and died

how do I vermintide good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also which DLC is good

and do you guys have a discord or a mumble still

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Death On Toast posted:

Lunethex is the best source on this one because he's done a fair bit of testing on the poison trinket, but if I remember right, the % chance to apply poison is rolled each and every time you inflict damage to a target. So, if you toss a hagbane arrow into a group of 6 rats, you roll on each rat for the initial AoE, and then get an additional roll each time the DoT ticks on each rat. I'm not sure if it's badly coded implemented in such a way that it can roll on its own poison DoT ticks, but this would not surprise me. Keep in mind a lot of "chance on hit" procs in this game are actually implemented as "chance on damaging hit--" I'm pretty sure this is the case here. This means attacks like the shield charge attack, which stagger infinite rats but only damage one, will not perform well (this same problem applies to regrowth-charged on the shields, which caps at 3% but can only roll once per swing).

Oh dang is this confirmed? I knew about Regrowth not working on shields, but given that Regrowth works on greathammer charge attacks and 1h mace swings* I assumed the poison trinket worked there too. I was trying out the orange one I picked up as a way to squeeze out some more dead rats per swing on my greathammer.

*um...it does, right?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

eonwe posted:

also which DLC is good

and do you guys have a discord or a mumble still

Goonitide steam group is how we generally organize.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I got a lichbone pendant at level 30, like, seven months ago. Feel free to hate my dice rolls.

I also got a greatsword for the witch hunter with a 10% regrowth on normal attacks. I just walk into crowds and heal back to full health.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for some reason i didn't check the thread last night and never knew the lichbone was on the board

i'm doomed to never have it

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

for some reason i didn't check the thread last night and never knew the lichbone was on the board

i'm doomed to never have it

It's not on the board, it's the login reward for today for the advent calendar thing.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

I got a lichbone pendant at level 30, like, seven months ago. Feel free to hate my dice rolls.

I also got a greatsword for the witch hunter with a 10% regrowth on normal attacks. I just walk into crowds and heal back to full health.

Speaking of the Two Handed sword. Is it any good on higher difficulties and generally what are good traits for it to have?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Night10194 posted:

It's not on the board, it's the login reward for today for the advent calendar thing.

oh poo poo, i wasn't paying attention

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SkySteak posted:

Speaking of the Two Handed sword. Is it any good on higher difficulties and generally what are good traits for it to have?

It's good as poo poo on Nightmare. Get Bloodlust and after that it kinda doesn't matter.

Just remember to be kinda conservative, take advantage of the reach, and push before charge swings if you're already stuck in. Otherwise, leading off with a charge is good.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
Fixed the typo just in case

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Goonintide steam group is how we generally organize.

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.

SuperKlaus posted:

Oh dang is this confirmed? I knew about Regrowth not working on shields, but given that Regrowth works on greathammer charge attacks and 1h mace swings* I assumed the poison trinket worked there too.

Arcsquad12 posted:

1h mace swings will damage like 4 rats on a normal attack, and I think the 2h sword will damage 5 rats on the light attack. In addition, both of those regrowth chances go up to 10%. Compare to 3% chance on charged attacks for the shields/2h hammer/2h swords/etc. 1h mace is a good platform for regrowth normal since it swings fast, hits a lot of targets, and has a good %. Also, running regrowth instead of bloodlust means you can roll traits like scavenger, berserking, or killing blow - normal (for oranges, the regrowth normal/killing blow normal can only appear on one combo of the dwarf hammer, but it is hilarious). 2h sword can use regrowth normal effectively, but bloodlust is still probably better, especially since a lot of people wind up switching to predominantly charged attacks once they get the timing down. Bloodlust works on both swing types, can roll up to 10% proc chance, and heals twice as much per proc.

I only tried a couple games on my 3% regrowth/charged greathammers, but they seemed to far underperform compared to bloodlust, or what I would expect if they were rolling on every rat staggered versus every rat damaged. You're still getting two rolls per swing, but it just never felt like I was getting any health back, compared to bloodlust where I felt like I could just tank a swarm in a good holdout spot for free healing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Regrowth Charged will almost always underperform.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Night10194 posted:

Regrowth Charged will almost always underperform.

Yeah seriously you're better off having Heroic Killing Blow than that because at least maybe something will die faster.

Also I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and :eyepop: at the Anti-grim Trinket being given out.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It's a Christmas miracle. I don't know if they could give something more exciting Christmas day

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna just have to wait until I can play with some goons

playing with random people is loving awful

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Typically, yes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Death On Toast posted:

2h sword can use regrowth normal effectively, but bloodlust is still probably better, especially since a lot of people wind up switching to predominantly charged attacks once they get the timing down. Bloodlust works on both swing types, can roll up to 10% proc chance, and heals twice as much per proc

On the other hand, I also have berserking on the 2hander, which works incredibly well with normal attacks, especially since they increased the normal attack speed of the 2hander. I enjoy using the charged swings, but once I proc a berserking, I dive into the swarm and blend better than a wood elf.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

eonwe posted:

im gonna just have to wait until I can play with some goons

playing with random people is loving awful

Game is good, smash rats, don't get smashed by rats.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Post your Steam account to get an instant invite to Goonintide (Look-see, Goon-things)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arcsquad12 posted:

On the other hand, I also have berserking on the 2hander, which works incredibly well with normal attacks, especially since they increased the normal attack speed of the 2hander. I enjoy using the charged swings, but once I proc a berserking, I dive into the swarm and blend better than a wood elf.

The light attacks also became a lot more useful with 1.5.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Just tried joining a pubby Cataclysm run of Ramparts. Definitely a decent step up from Nightmare, where you can get lazy and still do okay.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Can I get an invite to the Steam group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/Davangel

All must (Goonin)Tide!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Could I get an invite as well?
I'm http://steamcommunity.com/id/pendent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

:q:

• Locked thread