Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Hot trainer chick from my gym I've been flirting with at work I guess got comfortable with me and started talking about chem trails and how we live in a virtual reality matrix... I need her pre work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Oh yea for a crossfitter that's not a bad lift

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Last heavy workout for 2016. Gyms closed a lot of next week, so I'm going to do some light work 4 days rather than 6, and then start 2017 with big lifts :getin:

What are you all doing for Christmas swolefriends?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

Last heavy workout for 2016. Gyms closed a lot of next week, so I'm going to do some light work 4 days rather than 6, and then start 2017 with big lifts :getin:

What are you all doing for Christmas swolefriends?
Baking 8 dozen peanut butter snickers cookies with homemade dough and frosting. Eating at least two dozen of them myself.

Also, going for deadlift PR on christmas eve. Might put it off till christmas day not sure.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Khorne posted:

Baking 8 dozen peanut butter snickers cookies with homemade dough and frosting. Eating at least two dozen of them myself.

Also, going for deadlift PR on christmas eve. Might put it off till christmas day not sure.

Your gym opens Christmas Day? I think that's the one day a year that id be happy to skip the gym. Today though, I'm lifting heavy so tonight I can eat heavy.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm going to get that Renaissance Periodization book and try to start not eating like poo poo. From what I understand going from eating garbage to tracking macros and everything will make a big difference. IIRC, the book states the amount/type of carbs you eat is just as important as protein. And as far as recently, I know I eat a poo poo ton of sugary stuff, as well as a lot of other stuff with simple carbs.

Also going to get some new shoes, maybe that will help my knee which has been doing pretty good lately regardless. Found an extremely loving tender spot with my foam roller, on the inside of my thigh, really close to my knee. The side of my VMO I guess. It hurts just to even lay my leg on it without bodyweight and that's been an area I generally have been neglecting with my stretching/foam rolling until recently.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

Your gym opens Christmas Day? I think that's the one day a year that id be happy to skip the gym. Today though, I'm lifting heavy so tonight I can eat heavy.
It's a 24 hour gym with a dongle thing that lets me in. No one else is there when I go usually. I think it's the only one in my area with power racks/benches/deadlift platforms also.

On christmas eve I am just baking and wrapping some stuff for my nephews. On christmas day I'll be free all night because that's just how it ended up.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Today its christmas celebrations in sweden so today I will be baking stuff and then eating stuff and drinking stuff and eating more stuff and for the big finale, i'll eat more stuff and drink more stuff

we eat a lot on christmas in Sweden

etc

What's the christmas food tradition in America like?

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
im at work and then im gonna get on a bus and find out what my mom meant by Caribbean Christmas. i dunno if im a big enough loser to bring my gym poo poo and get a day pass to a NYC gym or wait until Wednesday

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'm having a Portuguese Christmas with the in-laws who have come to visit today. Lots of cod (bacalhau) and generally delicious things that are much nicer than the average British fare.

Also good wine.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

if you dont like deviled eggs gently caress you

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Varies from family to family. Lots of food though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

we got something called christmas ham

if you are swedish and you don't eat christmas ham for christmas, you should kill yourself

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

if you don't eat ham you should kill yourself

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Not into fat girls tbqh

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Best part of deadlifting is my d hanging over the bar lmao.

New PR for xmas.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zzulu posted:

lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

we got something called christmas ham

if you are swedish and you don't eat christmas ham for christmas, you should kill yourself

Most people eat a turkey or spiral ham or something for christmas. I prefer the ham. It gives me ridiculous farts for days after too, it's like when I used cytogainer a long time ago to gain a bunch of weight. I would fart all day and poo poo 4-5 times easy per day. Good memories.

I'm about to set a PR in bench today and I need some good music to do it. I've been listening to meshuggah, but I know nothing about metal.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Lookin solid, thick, tight...

But imo your back starts and remains too curved. Maybe set your back rather than running around?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

*i can lift 1/4 of the weight you can, and here's some advice...."

Piiisssssssss

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

buddhanc posted:

Most people eat a turkey or spiral ham or something for christmas. I prefer the ham. It gives me ridiculous farts for days after too, it's like when I used cytogainer a long time ago to gain a bunch of weight. I would fart all day and poo poo 4-5 times easy per day. Good memories.

I'm about to set a PR in bench today and I need some good music to do it. I've been listening to meshuggah, but I know nothing about metal.

Anything by Amon Amarth makes good lifting music.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Saw a little old lady come in the front door of the gym. Big puffy knee length down jacket, grey hair, fuzzy warm cap. Looked just like my grandma all bundled up for winter.

I see her a few minutes later doing tricep extensions in a tank top and she's loving jacked. Huge traps, defined lats, grapefruit sized bis/tris.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

*every post I make in the gbs lifting thread is bitching and moaning*

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

But imo your back starts and remains too curved. Maybe set your back rather than running around?

Here's a hint: back position doesn't matter as long as it stays constant.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

buddhanc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GNRC8gHC1M

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Here's a hint: back position doesn't matter as long as it stays constant.

Since you lock out with a straight back, it's not staying constant.

I mean,

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Piiisssssssss

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Thesaurus posted:

Nah, that's just how it looks for some people.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
pisssssss

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

Since you lock out with a straight back, it's not staying constant.

I mean,

Plz post your 5 plate dl video

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Jokes on you when i use five 10 lb plates

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Merry Christmas, I woke up with a splitting headache and think I pulled something putting up flat pack furniture yesterday

Hope Santa brought me some chemical assistance

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Christmas lifting is good lifting. No one in the gym and I'm entirely fueled from Turkey and taters.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

buddhanc posted:

Christmas lifting is good lifting. No one in the gym and I'm entirely fueled from Turkey and taters.

My gym is closed :( BUT I ate lots of turkey and stuff and oh god I'm so fat :smith:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Turkey is a good lean meat and nice source of protein

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

Turkey is a good lean meat and nice source of protein

But the tiramisu isn't.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Pesmerga posted:

But the tiramisu isn't.

Eat more. It's delicious.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
its almost 2 and dinner is not ready im just going to eat all these Christmas cookies

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Two people brought me plates of christmas dinner here at work and I baked tons of cookies to give away! Eating big today

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

We have had five different pies and 3 plates of cookies dropped off at the fire station today.

I'm bulking.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hope your xmas will help your gains as much as mine did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Hope your xmas will help your gains as much as mine did.

I'm goona meat so much meat