Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

red buff gives massive health regen which is the real reason its a nightmare when your jungler feeds the enemy laner his buffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
thanks yall, i'll clean up my pathing if i take him to the jungle again (iirc i got autofilled and had no idea what else to pick)

i also took him mid last night against diana, who i ended up getting bullied out of lane by at 6 (she took CotC, so if i tried to trade with her past that point at all she'd chunk me for half my health and i'd do nothing to her). she was basically irrelevant lategame because she refused to group for fights and i could easily 1v1 her once i got a maw and edge of night, but i'm wondering what i could have done to not get hosed so hard midgame. she basically shoved me under my tower constantly and then went to kill my botlane (which we eventually just answered by having our kha group with me and take two mid towers)

should i have just beaten the poo poo out of her harder early on? rushed hexdrinker first instead of dirk->hex? (i figured edge would be enough to survive her burst but she killed me through a null-magic mantle so i figured i should switch gears and get a hexdrinker)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Diana is a weird laner pre-6 because she only does moderate poke damage, but has no way to engage and constantly shoves the wave and is pretty dreadful at receiving ganks. She's easy pickings for enemy junglers, and struggles against ranged lane bullies (part of the reason she takes teleport is to compensate for that early weakness)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Diana has hard cc?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

Diana has hard cc?

E is knockup

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
yeah, by the time she had her E i basically couldn't win a trade anymore between her W and the CotC proc. i guess next time i'm against her i'll be a bit more patient and see if i can get a gank, and also maybe not pick an almost pure melee champ into her :v:

also, replays being in-client and not crashing the client on startup is amazing

e: well i figured out how i lost lane: i took an extended trade against a champ with a 3-hit passive before i hit 2 :downs:

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 24, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
The match rating system has a personal vendetta against me.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

e: well i figured out how i lost lane: i took an extended trade against a champ with a 3-hit passive before i hit 2 :downs:

To be fair, the urge to outplay some early game bully hero and somehow win against someone with a free damage passive/resourceless spammable nuke/etc. Is omnipresent. It doesnt help that sometimes it pays off

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What is it with whiny adc's these days - 2 games in a row they're bitching me out for 'KS' when im supporting (carrying) them. Not my fault Naut hits like a truck

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

el dingo posted:

What is it with whiny adc's these days - 2 games in a row they're bitching me out for 'KS' when im supporting (carrying) them. Not my fault Naut hits like a truck

Reply with 'You farm the minions, I farm the champions'

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
I've heard you can win the level 1 trade by taking one crit rune

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Why would you steal my MMR jungle Twitch

why would you be so mean to me

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i pretty much just mute someone the instant they complain about KS.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
KS stands for "kill secured."

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I feel like the only time it is ever OK to complain about someone else taking a kill on purpose is if you are Draven with a ton of passive stacks. I was supporting a Draven who had like 180 something stacks of Adoration, and our jungler flashed to steal a kill Draven had on a dude who had no chance to escape (Ashe with no flash or heal sitting in a Morg binding). Draven gets pissed, jungler tells him he needed the gold to carry. I'm pretty sure the 0/1/5 Draven needs that extra gold more

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Bitching about KSing was legit as prework veigar, where assists didnt get you AP.

It's also worth bring up if say, allies are wasting fightwinning ults on an enemy about to die just to pump their KDR.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Imo if there really wasn't any reason to fire off that last button or auto then yeah it kind of is your job as a supp to not take the kill and it's reasonable for them to hit you with the question ping. Examples of this include stuff like vayne condemning someone into the wall and being a shot or two away from the kill.

If the situation is even remotely iffy it's totally fine to accidentally secure it tho.

Oh and lastly when someone is obviously hosed but someone wastes their good ult on it just for the kill thats obviously bad for the team, not really about ksing at that point but wastin cooldowns.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah without context of seeing the plays it's kind of hard to say whether you're legit just being a bozo who could let the ADC take the gold but instead let the game auto-follow and auto-attack them and whatever or if you really had to secure the kills

There are plenty of times I've been like "why" when a support just right clicks a free kill and then backs away from their keyboard and starts jerking off

it's one of those small things that people can improve on that takes basically no effort to fix

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i'm in a low enough elo where no kill is guaranteed until it has happened

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mystery Prize posted:

I feel like the only time it is ever OK to complain about someone else taking a kill on purpose is if you are Draven with a ton of passive stacks. I was supporting a Draven who had like 180 something stacks of Adoration, and our jungler flashed to steal a kill Draven had on a dude who had no chance to escape (Ashe with no flash or heal sitting in a Morg binding). Draven gets pissed, jungler tells him he needed the gold to carry. I'm pretty sure the 0/1/5 Draven needs that extra gold more

Deliberately stealing a kill is, generally, a dick move no matter what. However, 99% of the time somebody bitching about kill stealing is something where you didn't specifically mean to kill somebody but did. Things like Blitzcrank arcing lightning at the wrong moment or that Nautlius Q killing the target when it lands. Same with stuff like the Leona W *plaff* killing a target or whatever. It's like hey bro I wanted to give you the kill but the damage on my stun did it. When I'm trying to hammer somebody in place to make sure they die sometimes that kills them. Generally speaking it's better to just land the stun and accidentally kill the target than to risk them getting away.

Granted these are the same people that will scream and yell if the support ever had >0 CS. It's like hey sometimes that Sona Q kills a minion. I still remember when the fancy new support items came out some ADCs would scream and yell if you actually used a relic shield. It's like shut the hell up dude you get the gold still.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
In like almost every possible situation you aren't kill stealing and anyone who freaks out over it is really dumb. Exception generally is if they're supremely dead to rights and you Janna W or Nami healing wave on top of them or so on. Supports getting a kill or so on dead to rights people is one thing but after that you're negatively impacting your ADC

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I ganked for a Trynd and got the last hit on the person we were ganking. I didn't see that he had ignite so I last hit him

Trynd yells at me saying that he's behind now. As in behind the dude we just killed

...no you aren't?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a scrub who doesn't know how to fight manaless champions, except I guess Garen who is usually easy for me for whatever reason.

I'm a silver player who can get around 7 cs per minute in lane, and that's usually my ticket to winning games. I prioritize farming and I try to harass where I can, with the goal of eventually split pushing in the mid-game. It generally works, and against most champions even if I can't stay even with them I can at least not die and hold tower. But whether I'm being a lane bully like Kayle or Teemo, or a melee fighter like Illaoi or Maokai, I have no idea how to handle manaless champions. If they choose to be aggressive, even if they're otherwise terrible (bad cs, missing lots of skill shots, etc.), then I'm just done. I don't know what to do.

A recent example is a match where I was Teemo vs Rumble, and we each had about 30 cs at 9 minutes. I have no idea why his cs was that low, because after a few attempts to harass or trade with him and nearly dying I gave up trying to fight him — but mine was that low because he was constantly trying to kill me. I could not get in range to auto or Q either him or a minion without him dumping his entire kit on me and nearly killing me. He succeeded a couple of times, even with me behind my tower. The entire lane phase for me was a frantic, panicked attempt to eke out any CS at all while avoiding being killed. I ended the game with only a single full item completed, and in addition to being unable to cs while in Rumble's presence much less fight him, I was also useless in split pushing or team fighting because I was so far behind on gold.

And that's exemplary of most manaless matchups for me. By comparison it's so much easier for me to deal with champions that supposedly counter my picks, because at least versus them I can just sit back and farm while conserving my health and mana while they blow theirs trying to engage or shove. But with a manaless champion, they can just choose to never quit. They can just keep poking and keep shoving. And it feels like there's nothing I can do but hope my jungler saves me. There ought to be something I can do, but I don't know what.

Thoughts?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

kingcobweb posted:

I ganked for a Trynd and got the last hit on the person we were ganking. I didn't see that he had ignite so I last hit him

Trynd yells at me saying that he's behind now. As in behind the dude we just killed

...no you aren't?

He might be depending on how the lane looks, given that he has ignite and the other guy is probably about to tp back to lane

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Addamere posted:

A recent example is a match where I was Teemo vs Rumble, and we each had about 30 cs at 9 minutes. I have no idea why his cs was that low, because after a few attempts to harass or trade with him and nearly dying I gave up trying to fight him — but mine was that low because he was constantly trying to kill me. I could not get in range to auto or Q either him or a minion without him dumping his entire kit on me and nearly killing me. He succeeded a couple of times, even with me behind my tower. The entire lane phase for me was a frantic, panicked attempt to eke out any CS at all while avoiding being killed. I ended the game with only a single full item completed, and in addition to being unable to cs while in Rumble's presence much less fight him, I was also useless in split pushing or team fighting because I was so far behind on gold.

First off, Rumble is a Teemo counter in some ways. Not AA reliant, manaless shield on a low cooldown, spammable AoE damage so he's somewhat ranged, and can last hit with E if he needs to, and of course he's sticky as hell once he gets you with an E and ultimate.

As a ranged champion you need to learn the windows for Rumble's cooldowns. There's no way you should have cs that low when you have Teemo's W, which can run him out of Flamespitter really fast. Go in and attack him as soon as the ability is ending and he has no way to attack you and push him to his tower. Beating those manaless champs is mostly just about understanding the cooldowns of their abilities and using those windows to force them to eat your rear end in a top hat or lose farm. Baiting those abilities as well is a huge part of winning, since if they use their Q or whatever and it gets them nothing, they have basically nothing left to fight with.

Also you need to know what items to build. A hexdrinker is probably the best first thing to buy versus Rumble if you're Teemo. Rumble likes teamfighting in the jungle so you need to force him to come to you by splitting top.

At level 1 you hide in the bush and wait for him to use Flamespitter and then go loving wild on his rear end for a few seconds of free damage and then start lane as normal, but he'll have to use hit pots.

Also Rumble naturally pushes so spam ping your jungler when he's overextended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgoWWKL06Ks

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 24, 2016

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Like a day or so ago the bard supp got super fed and ended the game like 9/2/8 bitching at his team because we beat them. At the end of the day i think their team mighta won if those 9 kills were on carries but they ended up kinda stalling out once we scaled a bit.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Addamere posted:

manaless champ stuff

i think manaless champions is a little too broad, you just need to learn power spikes of every champion you're having trouble with and get an idea of how to play around that. ie: rumble is going to outscale teemo every game if you give him enough time.

also as was written above: rumble never really gets bullied by teemo.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 24, 2016

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

kingcobweb posted:

...no you aren't?

I know you're just going to change the narrative so it fits you but there are a lot of situations where he's hosed now. If that was early, he probably needed that lvl 2 first blood to justify his ignite. Who knows maybe that was the first time all game you went top?!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It was first gank of the game at level two. He was tp vs teleport, yes. But the extra gold I got instead of him isn't going to swing the game against him. The opposing dead champion lost a ton of XP because we shoved the wave in

No he was not behind

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Eh ignite Trynd does kinda need to win lane THAT hard to be useful. Not getting FB doesn't mean you're going to lose the game, but it does pretty much mean you aren't going to have any fun.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hell I got this guy 150g and then took a wave and made him split two waves of xp, whats the issue here.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ah yes!! Finally. After years of being neglected by my jungler... the fabled Gank. All of my fortunes will be reversed *the jungler gets the last hit instead of the laner* My soul has been cursed for eternity. There is no escape

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
junglers (either team) are the natural enemy of top laners and this tradition must be respected

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

You guys shouldn't trip over yourselves to do that weird ironic style of posting, in my humblest of opinions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Servaetes posted:

You guys shouldn't trip over yourselves to do that weird ironic style of posting, in my humblest of opinions.
That's all the competitive thread has become and it sucks

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Lovechop posted:

junglers (either team) are the natural enemy of top laners and this tradition must be respected

hashinshin himself couldnt have said it better

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lovechop posted:

I want to kick their asses

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Palette cleanser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvlqQCDGiag

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Nice, unlike the posters who wont stop saying jokes, this joke has the funny dog meme at the end so you know when it's safe to laugh. Thank You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Flex queue is weird and dumb. Why/how did I just get a Silver 4 adc on my team when I'm currently Plat 3? The dude was unranked last season too, so it's not like his MMR is really high.

• Locked thread