Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I'm in the 140's in GC levels on my Sorc and these are the crates I've learned to hate.

A reputation trophy for a reputation I maxed years ago.

A green 228 piece who's garbage stat distribution makes it weaker than 208 optimized.

An ugly empty orange piece for an AC I don't play.

Yep 99% of my GC stuff is disintegrated. It's a bummer. Though I did get a Fleet Reputation token, which is the only reputation I'm not maxed on so maybe after a few billion GC crates I'll actually max that one out since I refuse to do space missions!

Basically I've come to accept that most of my characters will be in 228 crafted gear with their 4.0 set bonuses for the foreseeable future. I'm just super glad (and honestly surprised) that we can craft out the door BiS mods and enhancements with Cybertech, along with 228 relics. 4.0 you couldn't even craft a relic past grade 178 for the first like 3-4 months. My Assassin still had some 216 enhancements because it was so hard to get a good 220 tank piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Hmm account won't accept my security code...

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Mine still works fine. If you're using the phone app have you tried resyncing it? I know mine used to get out of sync every once in a while but hasn't happened for some time now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aleth posted:

Mine still works fine. If you're using the phone app have you tried resyncing it? I know mine used to get out of sync every once in a while but hasn't happened for some time now.

Must have been it. It's on an old phone I don't use for anything else any more, works now after turning it off and on again.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

I may well jump into this.

Any idea of the lag if I am from Europe?

OTOH, which of the Jedi specs is the most hybrid concerning one-bladed single lightsaber fighting and using force powers?

Thanks.

Edit: one-bladed single lightsaber...

Hi. Im Leeroy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 21, 2016

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

tinkerballz posted:

I may well jump into this.

Any idea of the lag if I am from Europe?

OTOH, which of the Jedi specs is the most hybrid concerning lightsaber fighting and using force powers?

Thanks.

Not sure about the latter, but lag from Europe isn't really noticeable.

Actually probably the answer is Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin, though all of the lightsaber-wielding professions use force to some extent.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Private Speech posted:

Not sure about the latter, but lag from Europe isn't really noticeable.

Actually probably the answer is Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin, though all of the lightsaber-wielding professions use force to some extent.

Thanks.

I meant single one-bladed lightsaber.

Edited my post accordingly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tried the trial of KOTET.

Turned it off a few minutes into the vehicle section. What a waste of time (both to make and to play).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

Tried the trial of KOTET.

Turned it off a few minutes into the vehicle section. What a waste of time (both to make and to play).

You've hated 95% of the game thus far...what made you think it would take a total turn and become something different?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

tinkerballz posted:

Thanks.

I meant single one-bladed lightsaber.

Edited my post accordingly.

Probably Guardian will be your best bet. Single lightsaber, uses force push and force choke stasis, along with dramatic leaps and fancy flips.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Medullah posted:

You've hated 95% of the game

You're lying to try to discredit me.

Why?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

Why?

Just read through your own posts dude. Most of them are complaining about mechanics, or MMORPGs in general, or storylines, or how simplistic the game is, or how bad a companion is.

You have a few select posts where you ask a genuine question, or talk about a part in the game, but clearly you don't LIKE the game.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

You've hated 95% of the game thus far...what made you think it would take a total turn and become something different?

Didn't you see his name is SASSassin? He's a rude dude with tons of 'tude.

or another lovely gimmick account

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Chickenwalker posted:

Didn't you see his name is SASSassin? He's a rude dude with tons of 'tude.

VG please rename sassassin "Poochie" TIA

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I made a JK and did every awful choice and rude thing. I still passed my Jedi license and they sent me off to Capital City smiling. RIP all those poor twileks.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Dely Apple posted:

I made a JK and did every awful choice and rude thing. I still passed my Jedi license and they sent me off to Capital City smiling. RIP all those poor twileks.

Jokes on them, they're members of the star cabal, and the emplacement there is meant to spy on the Jedi on Tython

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

sassassin posted:

Why?

You do bitch and moan here an awful lot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And everywhere else.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Vriess posted:

Jokes on them, they're members of the star cabal, and the emplacement there is meant to spy on the Jedi on Tython

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2d6T5G2rrY

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Origin 60 day bundle with extra 1050 cartel coins is on sale for $22.49. If you've never used it before it will just tack onto your current subscription and you'll get the coins immediately.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

Origin 60 day bundle with extra 1050 cartel coins is on sale for $22.49. If you've never used it before it will just tack onto your current subscription and you'll get the coins immediately.

Still waiting for the code....

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
I have a question I am pretty sure I know the answer to, but just wanting to make sure. My mains are on JC, but I want to make a char on Harb, but really dont want to grind another legacy. Can I just transfer a character on my JC legacy over to harb and once I make a new char on harb ill get the legacy? Will it gently caress up my legacy on JC? I assume stuff like legacy bank is server dependent?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

I have a question I am pretty sure I know the answer to, but just wanting to make sure. My mains are on JC, but I want to make a char on Harb, but really dont want to grind another legacy. Can I just transfer a character on my JC legacy over to harb and once I make a new char on harb ill get the legacy? Will it gently caress up my legacy on JC? I assume stuff like legacy bank is server dependent?

Your legacy will transfer over, including any achievements and global unlocks that you've purchased.

Any items in your legacy cargo or Cartel stash stay on the source server (JC). Any extra cargo bays (Legacy or regular) that you bought with Cartel Coins will transfer over, but any that you bought with credits do not.

Your decorations will transfer over, but your strongholds will need to be "reactivated". This is free if you bought the initial stronghold with cartel coins, or the cost of the initial purchase if you bought with credits. Any rooms you paid to have unlocked will be unlocked automatically once you reactivate the stronghold.

And remember, a referral link gives you a free transfer!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Don't influence his gambling habits! Influence my gambling habits.

I keep tweaking my holiday apartment. Someday I'll do reshoots. It features a Rancor grandmother who hangs pictures of Jesus and the grandkids on the wall.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Feel free to as it's going to be open until 7th January.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Holy poo poo, my female agent just pronounced her code name Legate as "le-ga-tay" in a cutscene. VA ruined, character ruined, immersion ruined, pls send refund.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Kaysette posted:

Holy poo poo, my female agent just pronounced her code name Legate as "le-ga-tay" in a cutscene. VA ruined, character ruined, immersion ruined, pls send refund.
That's the correct Latin pronunciation. More or less. :colbert:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kaysette posted:

The Empire's all limeys so they're expected to frequently butcher their own language.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

Do Goons have a guild on Harb?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

wazu posted:

Do Goons have a guild on Harb?

iirc no, but you can be the first!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's a few Goons *on* Harbinger (Heck, I even have two!) but no Goon guild.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is there a go-to site for class guides now? Either I've forgotten how to navigate Dulfy's site, or she isn't keeping it up to date for SWTOR anymore; some of the classes seem to be missing entirely for 4.0 (Vanguard DPS for example).

I could just look up the powertech guide and try to remember what the pub versions of the abilities are, but...:effort:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

There's a few Goons *on* Harbinger (Heck, I even have two!) but no Goon guild.

The closest thing I know to a goon guild on Harb's the one for the Let's Play group with both factions. I think at this point it's only me and PoptartsNinja who've logged on at any point recently for the Imp side, don't know what the status is for the Republic one.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I'm on Impside Harb, but I log on sparsely just to PvP.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Since it became so easy to stockpile xp on an alt and breeze through the class stories uninterrupted, I've done a lot of that in the past year. But having played through the new stories, I keep noticing how dated the designs are in the vanilla areas of the game. I'm just talking aesthetics of characters and environments.

The artists have done such kickass work in the past 5 years, but none of it has applied retroactively. Playing through old areas you still see everybody in stupid jumpsuits without any cool 3D details, carrying weird chunky weapons. There were only like 10 kinds of speeders so the same ones are parked everywhere. There's a lot of huge empty-looking rooms with nothing but right angles, very flat lighting and no actually dark areas. I could go on, but I'm not trying to be a dick about it. I'd just really like to see the game's artists given another pass at all that, now that there are such vastly improved assets available in every category.

To me the biggest missed opportunity in the old game is Nar Shaddaa. It's basically Coruscant with a red filter and a smattering of neon. It would be such a quick fix to make it truly spectacular. Step one, deeper shadows. Step two, heavier/darker atmospheric haze. Step three, replace the blocky "ground" between buildings with a layer of fog for a "bottomless" effect. Compare this concept art with screenshots of the game...

It looks so great, and it's really not that different. The lights just pop because the darks are actually dark.

The night scenes on Zakuul completely nailed that noir atmosphere by basically doing the same things. One of my favorite details there is the speeders that occasionally fly low overhead with moving light sources. It's extremely Blade Runner. Bright lights on the background "traffic" in cities would look so rad.

What I would give to be able to mod this game like Skyrim or Fallout... This is a hobby of mine, and I'm very proud of some of the work I've done in terms of character design, level design and setting a tone with lighting and color. So like, I hate to be an armchair developer, but I literally am one, so what the gently caress am I gonna do. (Of course I have geeked the gently caress out over Strongholds; it's one of the main reasons I still play, becaise it IS like modding SWTOR!)

EDIT: I want to give a quick shout out to Taris, which was the best-looking part of the old game and still holds up. Say what you will about the quests or whatever but the design of that place is like nothing I've seen before, and it is cool as gently caress. If you've never taken a minute to just look up and appreciate the skyline there, do yourself a favor.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 24, 2016

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

EDIT: I want to give a quick shout out to Taris, which was the best-looking part of the old game and still holds up. Say what you will about the quests or whatever but the design of that place is like nothing I've seen before, and it is cool as gently caress. If you've never taken a minute to just look up and appreciate the skyline there, do yourself a favor.

Also Ilum.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Speaking of little things you never notice, I had forgotten about this one and I bet half the people never even notice. When you are recruiting Blizz, if you give the right Jawa the welding torch he gets a buff, and when you hover over the description it's

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Speaking of little things you never notice, I had forgotten about this one and I bet half the people never even notice. When you are recruiting Blizz, if you give the right Jawa the welding torch he gets a buff, and when you hover over the description it's

That quest made me want to play BH just so I could have Blizz as a companion full-time. Shame you only get him relatively late in the game.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Being a Dark Side choice picking Jedi Knight is like playing someone with low blood sugar. They're just really crabby and assholeish but are otherwise the same dumb person. Do not play DS JK because it's bad except when you shove a Flesh Raider on Tython into a fire, that's the only fun I had there.

Maybe I'll try DS Bounty Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Play a female Bounty Hunter because you get to become nobility.

• Locked thread