Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Knowlue posted:

I more or less just started playing Gumball Dungeon. Just popped my first Divine Dragon. Is it better to go for Gems, coins, or more companions?

You going to want to grab 14 different wishes in time, so it doesn't really matter. Probably coins and gems are more helpful first. Slave is a pretty lovely gumball. Even it's global buff is pretty meh (he counts as an extra artisan)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Gumball is fun but want I've been playing the heck out of the past few days is Plants vs Zombies: Heroes. Anyone playing this?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Malek posted:

Can you take a screen shot real quick of what he looks like invisible? I don't think I've seen him spawn but then again, I also have never looked.

It's just him grayed out. He's still moving, but tapping him doesn't do anything, so I was confused at first. So far I've got +20k coins so I think I'll wait until tomorrow so I can hire him.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I have this terrible tablet: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_e_9_6-7295.php

Is its hardware good enough to run games like 80 Days, Choice of Robots and Sorcery?

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
G&D really does need its own thread. I'm loving the hell out of this game and I'm barely a few days into it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Mystic Stylez posted:

I have this terrible tablet: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_e_9_6-7295.php

Is its hardware good enough to run games like 80 Days, Choice of Robots and Sorcery?

You should probably be fine.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

horriblePencilist posted:

It's just him grayed out. He's still moving, but tapping him doesn't do anything, so I was confused at first. So far I've got +20k coins so I think I'll wait until tomorrow so I can hire him.

You have to wear the helmet to interact with him. Same with the grayed out statue you sometimes see in there.

GodspeedSphere posted:

G&D really does need its own thread. I'm loving the hell out of this game and I'm barely a few days into it.
Yeah, agreed. I think when a game has a side conversation this long and isn't "add me i'm neongamer78" it's worth it. Is anyone working on one or should I just put something together?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

vulturesrow posted:

Gumball is fun but want I've been playing the heck out of the past few days is Plants vs Zombies: Heroes. Anyone playing this?

I played it for a while but the F2P grind is incredibly slow, and I hit a huge wall on the PVE side around level 20 when the opponent's minions all get +1/+1.

Eternal CCG's client popped up recently. It's in an early beta but the price is right ($0).

It plays like Magic: the Gathering with a more simple resource system and a more streamlined timing system. It's developed by some MTG pros who really know what they're doing. The F2P is very generous and you can get in game currency by playing against other players or AI.

It's also on Steam and your account is linked across both.

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010

5thMouseButton posted:

Looking for something for 2 players on one tablet to be played with older members of family.

Simple, easy to see/read, turn based works best. Suggestions?

Got good suggestions for this but need something way more simple that can be understood in 1 minute.

Maybe a simple text trivia or party game?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Telltale's Walking Dead season 3 is out on the Play Store.

Also out is a new military strategy game with the SEO friendly title of War Commander: Rogue Assault that has gotten some notice for being developed by one of the guys who created Command & Conquer. Unlike other strtegy games on mobile it also advertises direct control of your units and no timers.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 24, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

I played it for a while but the F2P grind is incredibly slow, and I hit a huge wall on the PVE side around level 20 when the opponent's minions all get +1/+1.

Eternal CCG's client popped up recently. It's in an early beta but the price is right ($0).

It plays like Magic: the Gathering with a more simple resource system and a more streamlined timing system. It's developed by some MTG pros who really know what they're doing. The F2P is very generous and you can get in game currency by playing against other players or AI.

It's also on Steam and your account is linked across both.

If you like Magic you should check out Magic Forge for Andriod. It's made by fans and is basically the best implementation of MtG ever made (way better than anything Wizards put out themselves). Full AI, every card in the game, all kinds of optional drafting and quest modes, etc. 100% free, no dlc no microtransactions
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14534

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Now that Xmas sales are upon us, any recent (last year?) paid games I should pick up? DX:GO is on sale but honestly I already got bored halfway through Lara Croft GO (the games are great though).

I could have sworn someone mentioned Reigns in here before? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolver.reigns

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Gumballs and Dungeons: What do the Mechanical Snowman and Reindeer from the event do? I've got enough for the snowman now but I'm wondering if I should save up for the reindeer instead.

Edit: The gumballs facebook page is now giving out daily secret codes that expire after 24 hours. https://www.facebook.com/gumballs.dungeons/

The current one is 3850 and it just came up so it should be good for about 24 hours.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 24, 2016

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

LLSix posted:

Gumballs and Dungeons: What do the Mechanical Snowman and Reindeer from the event do? I've got enough for the snowman now but I'm wondering if I should save up for the reindeer instead.

They're dudes you can stick on your airship

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah 6000 energy is better than a 3* gumball but worse than a 4*. And the bonus ship stats are just nice.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Hate to derail the gumball chat, I love it too, but can anyone who's bought FFT report on the touchscreen controls? Sitting on a bunch of google play bucks and I played the poo poo out of both the ps1 and rerelease versions.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Hate to derail the gumball chat, I love it too, but can anyone who's bought FFT report on the touchscreen controls? Sitting on a bunch of google play bucks and I played the poo poo out of both the ps1 and rerelease versions.

Friend, do not purchase this thing. The touch controls for PS1 andriod emulators are great in Final Fantasy Tactics, and playing the original version will allow you to utilize the FFT Randomizer! This will scramble all of the fights and shops and npcs in the game, so each play through is a unique challange:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1143/

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

I haven't played in a while, but I recall some initial irritation but no problems when I got used to them. I never played any other versions, for whatever it's worth.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I thought it worked really well. The only advice I have is to hold and move your finger up and down on menu instead of clicking.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
What's the best faction in G&D to spent the golden pots on?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Bought King of Dragon Pass, won't start without access to my contacts. People questioning this on the store page get the following answers:

1) It doesn't work without it and the answer is too complicated to fit in the character limit here.
2) It's just for our "analytics", we don't do anything bad, trust us.

Literally.

Am I just being paranoid or is that shady as gently caress?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Yeah, that's shady.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
You need the contacts permission to sign in to Google Play Games. If you look at the permission details, KoDP uses the "find accounts on device" part of the permission whereas an app that needs to read actual contacts info will say "read your contacts" and "modify your contacts".

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Whats a good hack and slash (with shield k1 controller support if possible)?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Titan quest?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Titan Quest does not have controller support

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Geektox posted:

You need the contacts permission to sign in to Google Play Games. If you look at the permission details, KoDP uses the "find accounts on device" part of the permission whereas an app that needs to read actual contacts info will say "read your contacts" and "modify your contacts".

This is incorrect. Many games use the Play Games services just fine without any permission pop-ups. If an app developer claims they need full access to your contacts, phone number, device serial number, etc., they are either bad at Android programming or they are trying to harvest user data for some purpose.

For KoDP, I would doubt that they are up to any kind of evil scheming purpose. Unless they got bought out or something, the developer (A Sharp) is a small group who just make a few games and apps. But even then, you have to make the determination of whether you want to give up sensitive personal information to a developer that is incompetent or apathetic enough to not care about designing their app properly.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Has anyone raised the lizard in Gumballs? It sounds like you get 10 golden pots right up and then one for each faction every day for 30 days. But I don't know if that's correct or just a bad translation.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Len posted:

Has anyone raised the lizard in Gumballs? It sounds like you get 10 golden pots right up and then one for each faction every day for 30 days. But I don't know if that's correct or just a bad translation.

The latter part is right. I can't remember if he gave me 10 at the start or not, though. Either way it's a good deal. 4 pots a day is ~20 gems in value, or roughly double the blacksmith upgrade in your alchemy lab.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Len posted:

It is as you say, its newly added and had I known I wouldn't have bothered with the workshop(30 day daily gem thing).

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Geektox posted:

Thanks. I kinda hoped is was some feature of the Android SDK or incorrect use thereof instead of straight up malice.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alright cool I wasn't sure if that's what it was or a bad translation. Now the question is do i do it now or keep waiting. I thought I read once you max a gumball it's fragments stop dropping from gold pots so I've been holding onto all of them

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Len posted:

Alright cool I wasn't sure if that's what it was or a bad translation. Now the question is do i do it now or keep waiting. I thought I read once you max a gumball it's fragments stop dropping from gold pots so I've been holding onto all of them

I've heard the lizard ignores what you've filtered (i.e. gumballs with 5* insignias). So I'd just pick it up now if you're interested.

Getting a gumball to 5* and forging the 5* insignia takes a lot of fragments. I'm ~1/3 maxxed on the first faction and have jack poo poo for the others.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

puschel posted:

What's the best faction in G&D to spent the golden pots on?

Technically the best time to use the golden pots is after you have after 5* gumballs of the normal dungeon gumballs. Because you can turn off the chance to roll for a gumball after you 5* it.

Anyways to actually answer your question, Ranger song seems to have the best active gumballs. Abyss or canas seems to have the best global buffs. I went the global buff route because I don't think I'm going to have enough golden pots to ever 4* any of the premium gumballs.

Abyss has:
Pharmacist who lower cost of potions
Destoryer who makes blade of ruin last 2 turns longer
Medusa who makes earth spike increase 10% damage and do a cross instead of a line.
Templar who makes chain lightning deal more damage and hit more enemies.

Canas:
King who gives you free rank 1 equipment each dungeon
World tree gives canas gumballs +1 defense
Dwarf king makes mithril and arcane crystal take less time to make.
Cyborg makes disruptive ray do more.
Red hood and magic boy make title cost less for canas gumballs.
Catus and pumpkin make certain raids give more.

Certain abyss gumballs are insanely powerful. But Canas is more likely to give you something. I'm going the Canas route.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I finally caved and started gumballs today and now I'm sad I can't do anything for the Christmas event since I just started :negative:

Did anyone make a thread?

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I think there was an older post asking this (couldn't find it again sadly, my bad...) but is there a good app to track down and help alleviate battery drainage? Ever since I started mostly playing apps during the day like Gumball and Tap Titans etc, I notice my phone's battery doesn't last for more than 24 hours unless I don't forget to charge it every night... It's troubling when some days it just dies and my morning alarm doesn't ring. :(

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

WebDO posted:

I finally caved and started gumballs today and now I'm sad I can't do anything for the Christmas event since I just started :negative:

Only thing you're missing out on are ~10 golden pots (~50 gumball fragments). For anyone who wants free stuff and has a throwaway facebook, the devs are giving out 500k gold + 5 crystals if you reply to their merry christmas post with "Merry Christmas" and your user id (https://www.facebook.com/gumballs.dungeons/ scroll down to the Merry Christmas post).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WebDO posted:

No, because ~95% of the time, once a thread is made, goons stop playing the game.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

WebDO posted:

Only thing you're missing out on are ~10 golden pots (~50 gumball fragments). For anyone who wants free stuff and has a throwaway facebook, the devs are giving out 500k gold + 5 crystals if you reply to their merry christmas post with "Merry Christmas" and your user id (https://www.facebook.com/gumballs.dungeons/ scroll down to the Merry Christmas post).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

HelloWinter posted:

I think there was an older post asking this (couldn't find it again sadly, my bad...) but is there a good app to track down and help alleviate battery drainage? Ever since I started mostly playing apps during the day like Gumball and Tap Titans etc, I notice my phone's battery doesn't last for more than 24 hours unless I don't forget to charge it every night... It's troubling when some days it just dies and my morning alarm doesn't ring. :(

For what it's worth, Tap Titans 2 is an absolute battery destroyer. Brand new S7, and if I put it on a charger (not fast charger, just regular) the game drains my battery faster than it can charge.