Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

If I could've played a massively fat beggar in Age of Wushu I would've.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

If I could've played a massively fat beggar in Age of Wushu I would've.

A shame you got your cosplay too early and never took it off

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Third World Reggin posted:

A shame you got your cosplay too early and never took it off

Sammo Hung rules.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Sammo Hung rules.

I think I might rewatch my Ip Man blurays on my next day off

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ok. I'm never touching this game, even if its better than all the Chinagames put together.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It was pretty solid from the little bit I played, but that was before it started catering to the evidently important "Stone pedophile" market, so.....yikes.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
drat it, and I liked that game.

Well as a silver lining, if it does ever come out in english, the game now has convenient visual markers to show us which players to target the hardest.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
I still play moonlight blade. There's now an item you can get as a returning player that will make you lax level and give you like three months of cult points, if anyone wants to hop back on. Also plz tell me so I can get the referral credit

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Looks like there's plans for a big Moonlight Blade event hosted by Tencent including detailed plans for international release on the first of January. Seems that next stop for the "roadshow" is the United States.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I wish them the best of luck, it seemed like an ok game in the few days of banging my head against the horror of trying to translate literally any Asian language I put myself through. It's nice to be flying through the air inside 9 seconds of playing the game, and I liked having a little falcon buddy who seemed to exist just to be a cool falcon that hangs around me. Just a pity about the loving loli pandering.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I'd still play it. Moonlight blade was a lot of fun just too laggy from here.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
plz post your qq numbers so i can enter them and get myself some mad loot and then take you through dungeons

ALSO: even if you dont want to help me, make sure you join the return event before logging in, or you will be hosed out of your '4months of grind for free box' http://wuxia.qq.com/act/a20151209back/

also, about the loli pandering: no one on old servers is going to remake characters; if you stay on our OG server there will be very few of them

and i realize the language barrier is high but learning the most common 100 or so characters is literally all you need (and hey they come at a 2-for-1 discount because their meanings in japanese are almost the same)

one more thing(!) pavlov, i already reinvited your account for the referral bonus; you now have all gold PVE gear, maxed meridians, a few new 心法, and about 4 billion cultivation points waiting for your top-tier 心法 if you get them.

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Dec 3, 2016

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
If I can hunt down whatever ghetto stolen Chinese passport information I snagged to play this game like a year ago, I will drop the digits so you can get free loot.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im guessing thats just something they added for the korean market

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Almond Crunch posted:

one more thing(!) pavlov, i already reinvited your account for the referral bonus; you now have all gold PVE gear, maxed meridians, a few new 心法, and about 4 billion cultivation points waiting for your top-tier 心法 if you get them.

Uggg don't do this to me Almond, I'm working a day job now. That game was fun but I could barely keep up when I was playing it on summer break.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im guessing thats just something they added for the korean market

It was requested by Nexon Korea, the Korean publisher, yes.

the article's linked Steparu post posted:

Nexon Korea has requested the developers of Moonlight Blade for extra customization features for female characters so that they can create cute young adolescent looking avatars.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Schubalts posted:

It was requested by Nexon Korea, the Korean publisher, yes.

lmao

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is of interest of those in here.

The shaw brothers are uploading their movies to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBf1HgicEysNemRPJ-ptUuQ/videos

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

This is of interest of those in here.

The shaw brothers are uploading their movies to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBf1HgicEysNemRPJ-ptUuQ/videos

Correct this is of interest.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

Powered by the new engine, all the graphics and gameplay will be upgraded iteratively to restore the fantasy world in which players can travel across the massive land of ancient China. Based on the current gameplay, players can except new adjustments in guild war and school styles. Existing players will be able to update the client to transfer characters’ data.

http://2p.com/46184365_1/Snail-Games-Announces-to-Remake-Age-of-Wushu-with-New-Engine-by-shaylynsun.htm

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Surprised they're reiterating the fact that D&L will be on Steam by end of 2016, we still haven't seen gameplay yet.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Is the remake Age of Wushu 2 or a client update?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

SweetBro posted:

Is the remake Age of Wushu 2 or a client update?

This is what I don't get because earlier they said that their games would use a business model similar to ESO where it's buy2play with purchasable expansion packs and minimal cash shop bullshit.

Isn't the business model for this game awful now too? What's the point of only updating the engine if the people who were alienated will remain alienated?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Because the upgrade isn't to bring back players who left over the monetization, it's for the players that didn't leave.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Schubalts posted:

Because the upgrade isn't to bring back players who left over the monetization, it's for the players that didn't leave.

Both of them?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sounds like they are just porting the game to the new engine to make it easier to do work.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The way they described AoW 2 sounded entirely different from an updated aow with a new engine. Its hilarious if they just said gently caress it and decided to just update the original client.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Rexxed posted:

Both of them?

Each of whom spends 5 million dollars a month on the game. They are truly the ultimate whales.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The way they described AoW 2 sounded entirely different from an updated aow with a new engine. Its hilarious if they just said gently caress it and decided to just update the original client.

AoW2 is definitely a separate thing. That article could also just be a bad translation of something said.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

AoW2 is definitely a separate thing. That article could also just be a bad translation of something said.

Oh so just like the real game then

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Oh so just like the real game then

How I felt when "Please follow the lady to the guestroom" was no longer the error message.

http://i.imgur.com/AFPcAVj.mp4

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Snail wishes they had've gotten this guy. http://kotaku.com/guy-steals-1-million-from-work-spends-it-on-bad-video-1789892222

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427030/ Has anyone actually played this? I was thinking of buying it and Jade Empire during the Steam sale for a quick Wuxia fix.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427030/ Has anyone actually played this? I was thinking of buying it and Jade Empire during the Steam sale for a quick Wuxia fix.

You know, I'm wondering the same thing. I just finished Tale of Wuxia for the umpteenth time, and I saw this linked on one of the forum posts.Though from my understanding it doesn't have any "Collect the martial arts from all over the world" aspect to it, and it has some sort of pseudo-pokemon battle mechanic where you capture monsters to be your "guardians".

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Didn't they get some guy to spend like $16,000 on an in game sword before the game even launched? Is that sword even good still? These are all important questions that need to be answered by the professionals.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Mux posted:

Didn't they get some guy to spend like $16,000 on an in game sword before the game even launched? Is that sword even good still? These are all important questions that need to be answered by the professionals.

Only the best for my internet girlfriend.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

SweetBro posted:

You know, I'm wondering the same thing. I just finished Tale of Wuxia for the umpteenth time, and I saw this linked on one of the forum posts.Though from my understanding it doesn't have any "Collect the martial arts from all over the world" aspect to it, and it has some sort of pseudo-pokemon battle mechanic where you capture monsters to be your "guardians".

I played it and it's pretty rough in a lot of ways. It's a pretty standard rpg with turn based combat and yeah you don't really learn new martial arts and stuff.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Kegslayer posted:

Only the best for my internet girlfriend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2079095/Chinese-man-spends-16-000-sword-virtual-martial-arts-game.html

Please confirm.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

More importantly, is that a chinagame 2.0 screenshot in that article?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

confirm

yes