Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Following this thread for the past year leads me to believe that "worse" in this context is entirely arbitrary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Bleck posted:

At what age would a child usually be expected to stop posting in a thread about a game they don't like?

maybe when the game isn't the epicenter of the genre that sets the standards by which other games are not only created but judged

Bleck posted:

Following this thread for the past year leads me to believe that "worse" in this context is entirely arbitrary.

your comprehension sucks then

cams
Mar 28, 2003

brian posted:

probably when the game in question stops saying it'll be better then makes it worse over and over again
this is up there with "it is my responsiblity as a fighting game player to continue loudly complaining about this game, i am providing a service" as a rationalization for whining about a video game on the internet

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

cams posted:

this is up there with "it is my responsiblity as a fighting game player to continue loudly complaining about this game, i am providing a service" as a rationalization for whining about a video game on the internet

lol

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

cams posted:

I'll post whatever opinions I want about this product I paid money for. Eat poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I'll post whatever opinions I want about this product I paid money for. Eat poo poo
lol do you, my opinion of your behavior don't mean poo poo. whining about video games on the internet is super cool.

apple's complaints are valid. i just set up a 2 person ft5 battle lounge with character select when i wanna grind out games. sitting at the main menu queued up for ranked and casual is for when i am just chilling out and can be distracted until a game pops. but again i live in socal so my experience online is vastly different from most people.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

I'm sorry but if your opinions don't pass the cams and bleck test it would be better if you restrain yourself

cams has provided a clear framework in which you are allowed to speak listed above. please use it in future posts

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zand posted:

maybe when the game isn't the epicenter of the genre that sets the standards by which other games are not only created but judged

"if I don't complain about Street Fighter on something awful dot com then They might come for Guilty Gear next"

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Bleck posted:

"if I don't complain about Street Fighter on something awful dot com then They might come for Guilty Gear next"

yes but unironically. I'm assuming you're new to fgs in general but sf4 basically put the nail in the coffin for the old style of fgs.

but the issue has more to do with the the things surrounding the genre... cards in arcades and profiles with ranking actually helped with fgs and sf4 has done wonders to revitalize the scene. this is fantastic. but the insistence on poo poo implementations of netcode from the "gold standard" of fighters is extremely disappointing. cfn is a disaster. the implementation of a teaching demonstration mode is pathetic too. and the general lack of quality of life features is just so bad in sfv (examples: communicating with other players, training mode resetting options, insane load times, fm unlock requirements, one sided rollback, no region lock for private lobbies, no direct input support for almost a year, and more). I could go more in to detail about how industry leaders in different genres set standards but if you don't get it already it's probably not worth it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

yes but unironically. I'm assuming you're new to fgs in general but sf4 basically put the nail in the coffin for the old style of fgs.

but the issue has more to do with the the things surrounding the genre... cards in arcades and profiles with ranking actually helped with fgs and sf4 has done wonders to revitalize the scene. this is fantastic. but the insistence on poo poo implementations of netcode from the "gold standard" of fighters is extremely disappointing. cfn is a disaster. the implementation of a teaching demonstration mode is pathetic too. and the general lack of quality of life features is just so bad in sfv (examples: communicating with other players, training mode resetting options, insane load times, fm unlock requirements, one sided rollback, no region lock for private lobbies, no direct input support for almost a year, and more). I could go more in to detail about how industry leaders in different genres set standards but if you don't get it already it's probably not worth it
lol you post in this thread because you enjoy hanging out and shooting off cool memes and quips about street fighter with your internet bros, stop pretending it's some public service you weirdo

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It's okay. Our lord and savior Riot Games shall one day deliver us from Capcom's tyranny.

Just don't expect replays or training mode for the first six years or so.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
why would you read a thread with only bad posts for a year running

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bleck posted:

At what age would a child usually be expected to stop posting in a thread about a game they don't like?

About the same age someone would stop using the "don't post if you don't like" or "lol goons" approach

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
we'll stop posting when we run out of things to complain about, which is never because capcom has consistently made things worse

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Captain Baal posted:

About the same age someone would stop using the "don't post if you don't like" or "lol goons" approach

I'm not telling you not to post. It's just kinda sad, is all.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
This guy fucks

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

cams posted:

lol you post in this thread because you enjoy hanging out and shooting off cool memes and quips about street fighter with your internet bros, stop pretending it's some public service you weirdo

it's not a public service at all, I'm literally here just talking poo poo about how bad this game is. and just because I think that's okay doesn't mean I think it's a public service. your brain doesn't work right mr fight ducker

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

its part of the same forum with only bad posts

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

it's not a public service at all, I'm literally here just talking poo poo about how bad this game is. and just because I think that's okay doesn't mean I think it's a public service. your brain doesn't work right mr fight ducker
you literally just said you post about how bad sfv is because if you don't it could happen to other, better games. but it's not about the journey it's about the destination i guess

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Corbeau posted:

It's okay. Our lord and savior Riot Games shall one day deliver us from Capcom's tyranny.

Just don't expect replays or training mode for the first six years or so.

I'd unironically like Rising Thunder back - I know there's a lot of reasons why not, but I really liked that game, it died before it had a chance to shine.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

actually cams more people need to experience owning this game and having to refer to the actual, real "rootkit removal" titled stickied thread in the steam forums to understand the breadth of badness this game represents.

please more people buy this game so you can be disappointed as well. all it takes is ownership of this product and experiencing what it has to offer to despise it

cams posted:

you literally just said you post about how bad sfv is because if you don't it could happen to other, better games. but it's not about the journey it's about the destination i guess

huh? I don't think if I stop posting in this thread that games with good netplay will stop happening. I'm saying that it's good and cool to talk poo poo about games like this because they are poisonous trash for a dying genre.

Zand fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 24, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
buy this game if you want to know what it's like to feel weak and one dimensional as a top tier

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Shockeh posted:

I'd unironically like Rising Thunder back - I know there's a lot of reasons why not, but I really liked that game, it died before it had a chance to shine.

i'd have liked rising thunder a lot more if it didn't have the chinese robot who had fullscreen high/low dash specials that were both safe on block

the kinetic advance/defence system was really badly thought out too but I guess it's an alpha so w/e

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
rising thunder gave us this so its one of the best recent fighting games

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
You're on an internet forum in 2016.

Honestly bitch about or don't bitch about what you want.

Literally no one on the planet gives a gently caress, and if you like sf5 so much more than everyone else talk about it.

It's pretty rare that someone will bring up a question about sf5 and it not get answered.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I'd rather people shitpost about this game than do the exact opposite:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/dec/21/frustrated-street-fighter-5-season-2s-underwater-play-youre-not-alone-and-it-wont-feel-way-long/

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Velociraptor said on December 21, 2016 at 8:08 p.m.
To clarify, this is absolutely not a bad thing. It just happens to be the effect of the transition from Season 1. The message is: Season 1= french fry... Season 2= pizza. If you pizza when you wanna french fry, you're gonna have a bad time.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Actually this thread has been fun to read. Sometimes it's very pleasing watching castles made out of poo poo crumple and fall into a messy pile.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Merry Christmas to all of us Street Fightin' fans. God bless you all.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Merry Christmas to all of us Street Fightin' fans. God bless you all.

I'm getting an Alpha 2 board for Christmas, a hot new good street fighting game from those folks at Japan.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
http://shoryuken.com/2016/12/23/street-fighter-doesnt-need-saving-because-it-isnt-dying/

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

quote:

Who can forget the joy we all felt as we watched the 8-year-old Noah the Prodigy go ham on all comers in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

i certainly cant forget a thing that never happened

thanks, interro

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

cams posted:

The game could be a lot better and gently caress you if you want to shut anyone up who agrees with that

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man the hairstyles in this game just keep getting worse

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Who can forget the joy we all felt as we watched Gustavo triple perfect a 12 year old Cowboy Ken in the first round of EVO 2015?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Fereydun posted:

i certainly cant forget a thing that never happened

thanks, interro

gently caress that guy he's a fraud

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Enkmar posted:

The game could be a lot better and gently caress you if you want to shut anyone up who agrees with that
holy loly

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Take note potential buyers: The thread is all posts saying negative things about the game and metaposts complaining about the negative posting. There aren't any posts saying positive things because there just aren't good things to say about this game. Don't waste your money.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Take note potential buyers: The thread is all posts saying negative things about the game and metaposts complaining about the negative posting. There aren't any posts saying positive things because there just aren't good things to say about this game. Don't waste your money.
THERE IS A WAR GOING ON FOR YOUR MIND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Can you burn a Luigi Board?