Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I spent Christmas Eve punching boulders and stopping COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION, and have now finally finished all the mainline RE games before 7 comes out. I might still try and do both Revelations though.
I also did all my wrapping and tomorrow we're going to a local nature reserve while my brother in law cooks and then I'm going to eat my weight in mince pies. That's a lot btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Me and my family finished watching The OA today, this Christmas eve.

Christmas is ruined forever.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Me and my family finished watching The OA today, this Christmas eve.

Christmas is ruined forever.

lol I can't believe this show happened

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

devtesla posted:

lol I can't believe this show happened

This show is godawful, the finale is people stopping a school shooting with a flash mob.

Please spend the time you would spend watching it doing anything else instead.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

My cousin is hosting a Christmas party tonight. I haven't seen him in like 8 years so it'll be nice to visit him.

Also he married into an Italian family so I am prepared to stuff myself with excellent food and wine :discourse:

I'll probably finish up Terranigma this weekend. I just finished expanding all of the towns completely. I forgot the plot becomes almost Kingdom Hearts levels of crazy towards the end.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

My dad asked for only one thing for Christmas this year.

Doom.

He has good taste.

What if he wasn't asking for the game

Sakurazuka posted:

I spent Christmas Eve punching boulders and stopping COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION, and have now finally finished all the mainline RE games before 7 comes out. I might still try and do both Revelations though.
I also did all my wrapping and tomorrow we're going to a local nature reserve while my brother in law cooks and then I'm going to eat my weight in mince pies. That's a lot btw.

Revelations 1 was the first RE game I ever played and it was really fun. I loved the multiplayer mode. I played through it on 3DS and ran through once on each difficulty and I usually don't do that kind of thing. I should run through the steam version some time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

This show is godawful, the finale is people stopping a school shooting with a flash mob.

Please spend the time you would spend watching it doing anything else instead.

It was definitely a hatewatch, on all of our parts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

Then he'll get his gift on January 20.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Then he got his gift on November 9th so hey, win-win.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Then he'll get his gift on January 20.

ImpAtom posted:

Then he got his gift on November 9th so hey, win-win.

I dunno what he's gonna do with the duplicate he got last monday then

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Mak0rz posted:

My cousin is hosting a Christmas party tonight. I haven't seen him in like 8 years so it'll be nice to visit him.

Also he married into an Italian family so I am prepared to stuff myself with excellent food and wine :discourse:

It's gonna be loud and there will be lots of arm waving.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno what he's gonna do with the duplicate he got last monday then

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Much like Doom the game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope your family fun time goes well :)

I gave my gifts to my fiancee, she was all "aww I didn't get you anything though" and I was all "I don't care" cause I don't like receiving gifts. Or rather, I like gifts, they're nice, they're fun, but I feel bad when people give me things cause I feel like I'm conning them or something. Besides, the only stuff I would've wanted was either some semi-expensive steam games or some expensive board games and I'm glad she didn't drop the 25 for steam games or 60 on board games.

It's okay to receive things, especially from people who genuinely want you to be happy. You're not conning anyone!

Sakurazuka posted:

Both Revelations are really good, and the first one (which I prefer) at least is usually on sale for dirt cheap

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
My boss got everyone a bottle of wine for Christmas and I got a gift card to a nice Italian restaurant downtown for working today, so that was nice

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

My mother in law got me a grinder shaped like a pokeball. Merry Christmas friends.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

It's okay to receive things, especially from people who genuinely want you to be happy. You're not conning anyone!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh

I like receiving gifts, it makes me all giddy and stuff, but I end up feeling bad because the person could have just dropped that money to buy themselves something good instead or given it to someone better or something more worthwhile and not someone who is more or less a literal parasite/leech

My fiancee was all like "well what kinda stuff would you want" and I know I'd want stuff like this or this or this but that poo poo is either expensive, will get cheaper soon, or both, so no sense in getting it now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

My mother in law got me a grinder shaped like a pokeball. Merry Christmas friends.

Like, a small pepper grinder, or a coffee/spice grinder, or what?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought my dad one of these amazing inventions and a bottle of nice wine.

He bought me a Porsche 911 GT3 Technic set(to save and sell later), a superman t-shirt, a lego store gift card, Invictus on blu-ray(because of my username online), and gave me the DVD side of his Force Awakens blu-ray/dvd combo pack which is neat.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Like, a small pepper grinder, or a coffee/spice grinder, or what?

It is for drugs. :geno:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't do drugs, so I don't know what the terms are for a lot of drug-related things. Sorry.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh

I like receiving gifts, it makes me all giddy and stuff, but I end up feeling bad because the person could have just dropped that money to buy themselves something good instead or given it to someone better or something more worthwhile and not someone who is more or less a literal parasite/leech

Absolute 100% none of my business Real Talk, I feel like that's not a healthy mindset to have in the long term

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't do drugs, so I don't know what the terms are for a lot of drug-related things. Sorry.

It's ok. I hope all the other gamers are receiving gifts that are perfectly tailored to their tastes. If not, it is ok. Always remember that bad times are merely times that are bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

FirstAidKite posted:

Yes you do. You do Anime, The Worst Drug.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was gonna hang out with my sister tonight because I am otherwise alone for christmas eve because both my grandparents are sick and I've still got kidney stones, but I think she blew off our plans to take a nap or something. Instead, I will lay in bed and play video games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I work tonight but I work at home so it's not a big deal

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

I work tonight but I work at home so it's not a big deal

Same but I'm going back into the office soon because I live close and would rather just do the work there than over a laggy VPN.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

That guy doesn't play video games. 😑

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He is a winner though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going to spend a minimal amount of time with my family then hang out with the people that actually care about me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Edmond Dantes posted:

ANIME YOU SAY?!

I AM EXCITED, VERY, FOR THIS ANIME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmWAEQ8qIc4&hd=1

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

Absolute 100% none of my business Real Talk, I feel like that's not a healthy mindset to have in the long term

Hard to do that when it was drilled into me for 20 years :v:

Edmond Dantes posted:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

But seriously watch JoJo it's really good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
spoiler: jeff watches anime

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hey, it's my old avatar

I'm sorry, Tiny Admonishing Jeff, I have healing frog now

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jojo's is pretty good, though learning that the bit I always saw people talking about before the anime was just one part of a giant ongoing saga threw me for a loop.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Let It Die is pretty neat.

Merry Christmas (Eve) everyone :)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6mVUDB6Fw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snak posted:

Let It Die is pretty neat.

Merry Christmas (Eve) everyone :)

• Locked thread