Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Autism Sneaks posted:

OTOH, Ensnaring Bridge should be banned from Modern and every copy thrown in a tire fire just in case WotC changed their minds

mcmagic posted:

Yeah Ensnaring Bridge does not promote fun gameplay.

:frogout:

Ensnaring Bridge has been one of my favorite cards for years, gently caress all y'all. The art for this new one is weird tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

:frogout:

Ensnaring Bridge has been one of my favorite cards for years, gently caress all y'all. The art for this new one is weird tho.

Yeah sorry if this 3cc artifact prevents your creatures from attacking. Must be hard to have to run answers for a specific permanent type.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Smashing Link posted:

Yeah sorry if this 3cc artifact prevents your creatures from attacking. Must be hard to have to run answers for a specific permanent type.

It's annoying but honestly how many decks actually just lose to it game 1? There's enough answers to it that it's never been oppressive, just irritating.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
UW Turbofog laughs at Ensnaring Bridge

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

80s James Hetfield posted:

UW Turbofog laughs at Ensnaring Bridge

Does it laugh at the lantern of insight/codex shredder or Planeswalkers hiding behind it since there's only like 2 decks that play it?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I feel like decks that flat out lose to it game 1 do so generally because they are so linear they simply do not run options mainboard to answer it.

This is a good and natural consequence and I hope Bridge doesn't get banned.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I don't know what you fuckers are on about because that Platinum Angel looks loving dope.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Goddamn I want a print of that Wurmcoil Engine so I can jack off to it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Shout out to all those that still have this deckbox.

My mother found some old cards stashed in storage from my high school days. This old deck box and some cards which was my bulk bin were found. A metric poo poo ton of wraths of god in portal printing , 4th/5th and so on. Tolarian Academy playest and Intuition x14. Even found a singleton survival of the fittest in mint loving condition. No force of wills though. 3 Rishardon ports. Metric poo poo ton of Mercadian Masques cards and beautiful foils of poo poo cards. Who knows how many gushes but no brainstorms? Not shocked all the cards I thought were poo poo ended up being money cards.

Also a sweet 3rd addition D&D players handbook and starcraft manuals. And my cherished copy of "The Forbbidden Towers".

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Goddamn I want a print of that Wurmcoil Engine so I can jack off to it.

But will it have Masterpiece tokens to go with it?!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think Bridge should be banned but I don't want to see it in standard.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

I don't think Bridge should be banned but I don't want to see it in standard.

It should be in a masters set. I just don't think they have that kind of thing in them anymore.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
People mad about non-expensive cards getting Masterpiece reprints are confused about what Masterpieces are for. Ornithopter Masterpiece is cool and good.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Count Bleck posted:

But will it have Masterpiece tokens to go with it?!

Watch the missing three cards be two Wurm tokens and a Wolf token for SoBaM

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Now that I've seen that acronym, I will forever call the sword "So, Bam!"

So, Tezzeret is supposed to be the Master of Metal and all, but the story where he steals everyone else's inventions make him seem kinda...I dunno, stupid? Like, he's only really good at stealing ideas and machines, but not really any kind of actual creator. I don't know how I feel about this, and I'm fully aware that A. It makes him way more UB in characterization, and B. I've probably thought about it a lot harder than Wizard's creative.

And, in this similar vein, I feel like Sarkhan Vol's characterization was unintentionally brilliant too, since he worships strength, as embodied by the dragons. As in, he worships strength of body, mind and spirit, but has no value judgments on the good or evil of such strength, hence he doesn't have any White or Black in his identity any more. And he worships dragons because they're the biggest, strongest and smartest, but doesn't like Bolas anymore because Bolas is kinda power-hungry in a way unseemly to something that should embody pure, raw strength.

[/tinfoil][/lolstory]

Now I'm casting an overly critical eye on all the characters of this lovely fiction. SOmeone, stop me!

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

tbh i'd be so loving down for this it isn't funny.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
mcmagic agreeing with me, where did I go wrong in my life

I just play Merfolk and lose to EB if I don't have Spell Pierce in hand :shrug:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Veyrall posted:

Now that I've seen that acronym, I will forever call the sword "So, Bam!"

So, Tezzeret is supposed to be the Master of Metal and all, but the story where he steals everyone else's inventions make him seem kinda...I dunno, stupid? Like, he's only really good at stealing ideas and machines, but not really any kind of actual creator. I don't know how I feel about this, and I'm fully aware that A. It makes him way more UB in characterization, and B. I've probably thought about it a lot harder than Wizard's creative.

And, in this similar vein, I feel like Sarkhan Vol's characterization was unintentionally brilliant too, since he worships strength, as embodied by the dragons. As in, he worships strength of body, mind and spirit, but has no value judgments on the good or evil of such strength, hence he doesn't have any White or Black in his identity any more. And he worships dragons because they're the biggest, strongest and smartest, but doesn't like Bolas anymore because Bolas is kinda power-hungry in a way unseemly to something that should embody pure, raw strength.

[/tinfoil][/lolstory]

Now I'm casting an overly critical eye on all the characters of this lovely fiction. SOmeone, stop me!

Tezzeret is basically Snidely Whiplash.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Angry Grimace posted:

Tezzeret is basically Snidely Whiplash.

Would explain the presence of the trains in kaladesh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

Shout out to all those that still have this deckbox.

My mother found some old cards stashed in storage from my high school days. This old deck box and some cards which was my bulk bin were found. A metric poo poo ton of wraths of god in portal printing , 4th/5th and so on. Tolarian Academy playest and Intuition x14. Even found a singleton survival of the fittest in mint loving condition. No force of wills though. 3 Rishardon ports. Metric poo poo ton of Mercadian Masques cards and beautiful foils of poo poo cards. Who knows how many gushes but no brainstorms? Not shocked all the cards I thought were poo poo ended up being money cards.

Also a sweet 3rd addition D&D players handbook and starcraft manuals. And my cherished copy of "The Forbbidden Towers".

I keep waiting for the day when my parents will dig up an undiscovered box of cards in my old bedroom but I think I started the game too late to have anything good/I knew they were all poo poo back then anyway. My friend who got me into the game started around Unlimited/Revised and when I got back into the game I wanted to see if he had anything noteworthy, but when I talked to him a year or two ago he had sold it all :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Okay but imagine opening a pack, seeing a masterpiece, and it being a token instead of a card. Especially in limited.

Wizards is dumb, but I don't think they're that dumb.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The Shortest Path posted:

Okay but imagine opening a pack, seeing a masterpiece, and it being a token instead of a card. Especially in limited.

Wizards is dumb, but I don't think they're that dumb.

I mean the easiest solution would be to rig every Aether Revolt pack with the Wurmcoil to also have the tokens instead of the land and tip card but hey.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
MaRo recently said they are only able to pair cards in packs at something like a 90% accuracy, so that wouldn't work. That's what he wanted to do with double face cards but they couldn't get it to work.

Edit: probably wasn't recently actually. I've been listening to older Drive to Work episodes, so I bet I heard it from there. It was still within the last year, though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Put Recall on an Isochron Scepter in Cube. Opponent Flickerwisps it...only for me to replace it with Path.

Merry Christmas whoever you are.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GoutPatrol posted:

Put Recall on an Isochron Scepter in Cube. Opponent Flickerwisps it...only for me to replace it with Path.

Merry Christmas whoever you are.

It's you, you're the Grinch.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Was there really no Christmas spoiler from the next set :sassargh: wizards!

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

meanolmrcloud posted:

Er, the masterpiece series from the next set was a pretty big reveal

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So apparently Alpha Investments got "hacked" which makes this just one more way that MTGFinance is basically Bitcoins all over again.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/MagicOnline/status/813229300103028736

Fixed now, though!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Wait why would leagues have a maximum capacity?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

meanolmrcloud posted:

Truly this is no conquest of power

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Wait why would leagues have a maximum capacity?
So you can store players in a fixed length array, I guess

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It makes sense to have a cap of some kind so that if something goes wrong and starts filling up leagues, it gets stopped and you get notified about it before it takes down the entire system. It's a good defensive measure to have.

Just that, you know, you're supposed to set it high enough that it's not going to be hit by regular users just trying to play.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Hellsau posted:

So apparently Alpha Investments got "hacked" which makes this just one more way that MTGFinance is basically Bitcoins all over again.

Sorry, been out of the loop regarding the finance side. What's this entail precisely?

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

Tubgoat posted:

Sorry, been out of the loop regarding the finance side. What's this entail precisely?

I don't know how the security on the YouTube backend works however, apparently after gaining access to his YouTube account they redirected his ad revenue for the last two months.
Apparent here is nothing that can be done about this, he has lost a few grand. If this is permenant for those monatized videos I am not sure but the way people are reacting "the sky is falling".

DoctorOozy fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 26, 2016

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Hot take here, but maybe he could make it up by selling some sealed product.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I thought day 1 of spoiler season was today...

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mcmagic posted:

I thought day 1 of spoiler season was today...

Well there's still almost 16 hours left of today by WotC time.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 26, 2016

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I got a planechase anthology for 100 bucks on Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Previews begin January 2.

Until then we have Ornithopter to keep ourselves warm in this cold leakless world.

• Locked thread