Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was Dark Power, I was on the fence about getting it or the movie where aliens pretend to be cowboys and everyone ogles the lady dressed up as a sexy "indian".

I probably won't rewatch Last Slumber Party but don't regret getting it either. It's one of the few movies where you could legitimately say "It was all in the guy's head". We meet a violent and dangerous guy about to have his brain worked on and then he goes on a killing spree in ways that don't make a lot of sense. But what if he already had the surgery and he was having a revenge fantasy? The plot contrivances shift from lazy script writing to crazed fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched Yambao! tonight and man, that's a weird movie. It seems kind of pointless and then three quarters of the way through Yambao gets naked for one scene.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
A whole bunch of Rifftrax were on Amazon Prime and we were working our way through. Last night, all but Sharknado and The Man from Harlem fell off Prime. Weird that it happened outside of a month change.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've been really weird about it. Like when they first popped up I watched The Last Shark on Prime but like a day later it wasn't.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BDawg posted:

A whole bunch of Rifftrax were on Amazon Prime and we were working our way through. Last night, all but Sharknado and The Man from Harlem fell off Prime. Weird that it happened outside of a month change.
drat it. Should have watched them while I had the chance. Guess I will be getting that VRV subscription sometime instead

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Oh, look, another nightmare before Christmas Whizzo the Clown.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Where does Mike find these things :psyduck:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Do you really want to know?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Mister Kingdom posted:

Do you really want to know?

I can understand how he can find a movie like Deadly Prey. Every Goddamn Christmas movie they riff is like finding a tear in reality.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well... that was more coherent than Fun in Balloonland but that's not saying much.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm not familiar with the kind of thing I'm seeing here...

The actual Rifftrax page posted:

We’re really sorry.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
"I'd feel better following the clown from 'The Day The Clown Cried'."

This is the perfect way to end this hosed up year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Picked up Whizzo the Clown (saving that for tomorrow) and the Mary Jo and Bridget Christmas Special 2. Already loving the second one, and I love that Beez came back. I kinda hope she becomes a regular with their short riffs.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Holy hell Whizzo is.... I don't even know...

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Mister Kingdom posted:

That is some serious nightmare fuel there. Wow.

It's getting to the point where all of the Bridget and Mary Jo shorts are instant purchases for me (continuous ice circles!!) so I'm really looking forward to singing whatever car commercial they sneak into this new holiday special.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Yeah, especially considering how obscure this is. It doesn't even have 5 ratings on IMDB! Though apprently it is included with an Amazon Prime subscription? :psyduck:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

MegaZeroX posted:

Yeah, especially considering how obscure this is. It doesn't even have 5 ratings on IMDB! Though apprently it is included with an Amazon Prime subscription? :psyduck:

Amazon prime has the weirdest library once you scroll like 15 pages deep into a category. It's truly surreal

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Canned Panda posted:

It's like Ice Cream Bunny's Santa, the narrator from Balloonland, Dropo and Norman created some kind of horrific clown Voltron.

I wish it had more of the puppet dog because what in the gently caress was that all about?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Keep an eye on your emails, I just got a nice Christmas gift of $10 worth of Rifftrax :)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

The moment a box flew across Whizzo's set, seemingly at random, while Kevin made a joke about how resignations on that show are rarely typewritten, was the moment I had to pause the video because that whole moment made me laugh so hard that I had tears running down my face.

I think I enjoyed the madness that was Whizzo a hell of a lot because it had that sort of low-budget, hokey local TV show charm that I grew up on (and that was a cornerstone of MST3K, of course).

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

thexerox123 posted:

Keep an eye on your emails, I just got a nice Christmas gift of $10 worth of Rifftrax :)

I got this as well! Keep in mind that it will probably fall under "promotion" in the gmail filter.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

thexerox123 posted:

I used it towards the MST3K reunion

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

We Know Catheters posted:

I used it towards the MST3K reunion

I used it toward Whizzo.

God help me.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Holy poo poo, thanks for bringing that up! My non-work email checks are few and far-between these days, I might have missed it

DivisionPost posted:

I used it toward Whizzo.

God help me.

:same:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Is the gift card for everybody or just RT high rollers?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thexerox123 posted:

I used mine to grab the Force Awakens and Jurassic World tracks because I haven't heard either of those yet :) Can't wait to hear them eviscerate Jurassic World. This will be my first time watching that since seeing it in theaters.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I used the gift code to buy Rock n' Roll Nightmare

god help me

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I bought four things. The second Bridget and Mary Jo special, Wizzo, something about kittens, and something about seatbelts. The only one I couldn't make it through was the seatbelt one. And that's because people's complaints mostly boiled down to variations of it's inconvenient. There was also one person who denied they worked at all because if the seat belt stretches in order to be put on how can it keep from stretching in a crash?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thexerox123 posted:

Just a head's up though, you have to use it before the 31st. Although that shouldn't be too difficult.

Lester Shy posted:

Is the gift card for everybody or just RT high rollers?

This thread is probably a bad place to ask because just about everyone in it has probably spent hundreds on Rifftrax.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anything in recent memory particularly worth getting? Say, the in past 6 months or year?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The most recent one with the Predator dude is really good.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I've spent maybe $20 on Rifftrax and I got the $10 too.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I've bought everything (minus a couple of things here and there) and no email so is it random???

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's how long you've had an account or something? I've had one for almost 7 years.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

MrMidnight posted:

I've bought everything (minus a couple of things here and there) and no email so is it random???

Check spam folder, maybe? Or as someone else noted, if you have gmail, it probably went into your promotions folder (that's where mine was).

Think I might use mine for the Reunion Show and/or Time Chasers on Bluray. I was a backer so I got them both digitally but I'm a sucker for physical media, so I might grab those for my shelf.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

MrMidnight posted:

I used to get them every year, but I haven't the last two, despite not really changing my spending habits. I'd guess either it's random, or more likely something on their end just doesn't work sometimes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This "Christmas Tree" short before Whizzo is...

...I...

...what?

e: OH GOD THE PLANTS ARE MAKING NOISES

e2: Tree heaven? Or hell? Or what the hell is going on?

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 25, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Does this Whizzo thing ever actually end? Legit question.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Evil Mastermind posted:

Does this Whizzo thing ever actually end? Legit question.

The movie never ends, but if you wait long enough it gets to a point where it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I spent my $10 on Deadly Prey. It has Cameron Mitchell in it so that's all I need. I need to make a list of Cameron Mitchell MST3k/Rifftrax movies.

• Locked thread