Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Which version of Skyrim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

normie

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
You can make a patch that sets the effect to be the same as in skyrim.esm and it should override any other change so long as the patch is lower in your load order.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hey guys. Is there a mod that improves the crafting interface (especially enchanting)? And is there one for managing saves for different characters? With autosave manager and 3 different characters, I have a ludicrous amount of saves that gets pretty messy to manage :v:

Thanks in advance!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I feel like a mod that manages saves by character might only be possible with SKSE but idk.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

SSE sorts saves by character, you could also use different identical MO profiles with independent save folders.

The newest SkyUI (so oldrim only, obviously) has an improved crafting interface.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Skyrim is old one, mods are doing a fantastic job and greatly increased my enjoyment of the game. SkyUI has great improvements of course, I think that is just enchanting that feels a bit clunky due to having more prompts.

Gonna try different MO profiles, see if that solves the issue. Thanks!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Transmetropolitan posted:

Gonna try different MO profiles, see if that solves the issue. Thanks!

It will. Check the 'local saves' option. I have many profiles set up in MO this way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Agents are GO! posted:

The newest SkyUI (so oldrim only, obviously) has an improved crafting interface.

I never noticed any changes beyond the standard SkyUI inventory interface.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

That is the improved interface.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
So I'm using the Apocalypse spells mod. Ocato's Recital is super handy. My one gripe is that setting up Flame Cloak with it is super annoying. The spell engages when I encounter a random wolf and then the affect and annoying sound last for too long.

I think I'm going to mod a duplicate of the spell with a changed sound and visual effect just to avoid this.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Inverness posted:

So I'm using the Apocalypse spells mod. Ocato's Recital is super handy. My one gripe is that setting up Flame Cloak with it is super annoying. The spell engages when I encounter a random wolf and then the affect and annoying sound last for too long.

I think I'm going to mod a duplicate of the spell with a changed sound and visual effect just to avoid this.

I had the same issue. I just ended up making a "elemental" cloak dispel spell for myself.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Try the "Subtle Cloak Spell Graphic" mod on the nexus - phoneposting, so no link, just google it. I'm using it with SE with no issues.

I usually use Ocato's Recital with Ghostwalk, muffle, and Soul Cloak.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

With SkyrimSE, is there a utility that can discern why a crash to desktop happens? I don't have any ridiculous mods, but it seems like after 5-10 minutes now, I always get a CTD with no rhyme or reason. I've let Loot set my load order, but it hasn't done anything to remedy it.

code:
Plugins:
Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch
Immersive Armors (Ecksstra)
Immersive Armors (Compilation)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Ingio Perk Point Book
SMIM SE (Merged All)
Vivid Weathers SE
Vivid Weathers Extended Rain
Vivid Weathers Extended Snow
Realistic Water Two
True Eyes SE
Run For Your Lives
Alternate Start - New Beginnings Expansion
A Quality World Map
Cliffside Cottage
Along with Better Dialog Controls, Better Message Box Controls, Better Shaped Weapons meshes, and Pastel Map Markers for QWM. I read through the OP and didn't see anything that jumped out in terms of diagnosis, so even a pointing in the right direction would be helpful.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

KKKLIP ART posted:

With SkyrimSE, is there a utility that can discern why a crash to desktop happens? I don't have any ridiculous mods, but it seems like after 5-10 minutes now, I always get a CTD with no rhyme or reason. I've let Loot set my load order, but it hasn't done anything to remedy it.

code:
Plugins:
Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch
Immersive Armors (Ecksstra)
Immersive Armors (Compilation)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Ingio Perk Point Book
SMIM SE (Merged All)
Vivid Weathers SE
Vivid Weathers Extended Rain
Vivid Weathers Extended Snow
Realistic Water Two
True Eyes SE
Run For Your Lives
Alternate Start - New Beginnings Expansion
A Quality World Map
Cliffside Cottage
Along with Better Dialog Controls, Better Message Box Controls, Better Shaped Weapons meshes, and Pastel Map Markers for QWM. I read through the OP and didn't see anything that jumped out in terms of diagnosis, so even a pointing in the right direction would be helpful.

I'm on mobile atm but generally a CTD that just happens tends to be related to mods that alter NPCs, like ones that insert items into NPC inventories. I'd look at the Immersive Armour mods you have listed and make sure you have the latest and everything you need for them etc. I also don't see a bashed or merged patch in there which always seems to lend to stability for me.

Also no, there is no utility to help diagnose a crash.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

With a consistently repeatable crash (as in your case) of any moddable game, simply divide your mod collection in half and see if the crash happens when using half A or half B. If it happened using half A, divide that collection in half again, and repeat the process until you've narrowed it down. This method should work for any mod which is individually and independently causing crashes.

This won't directly help you isolate crashes from mod conflicts though, where either is fine individually but both together will flip out at each other. In the above example, maybe both A and B work fine on their own. In that case, divide it in half a different way. e.g. instead of taking the first half of the list and the second half of the list, take the odd-numbered entries and the even-numbered entries, or the first and third quarters vs. the second and fourth quarters.

Depending on what combinations work and what combinations don't, you can then - with, admittedly, rather more effort - narrow down the combination problem. If you've got a logical guess of where to start, then by all means start with that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Just as a general note, inconspicuous ini modifications can also cause crashes. (Another reason to love MO - each profile has it's own inis).

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm modding through the Reddit Beginners Guide SSE.

I can't get Bash to work. I install it to the skyrim directory and when I execute it prompts: "Wrye Bash could not find a game to manage. Please use -o command line argument to specify the game path"

I have tried reinstalling but same issue.

Thoughts? Do I need it?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Industrial Meat Package posted:

I'm modding through the Reddit Beginners Guide SSE.

I can't get Bash to work. I install it to the skyrim directory and when I execute it prompts: "Wrye Bash could not find a game to manage. Please use -o command line argument to specify the game path"

I have tried reinstalling but same issue.

Thoughts? Do I need it?

Going to assume that it's because you followed the link in the guide to the Bethesda forums and just grabbed Wyre Bash from the post which ~of course~ doesn't work with SSE. The guide is too cool to mention this. You need this one, v. 307, to get it to find SSE.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

KakerMix posted:

Going to assume that it's because you followed the link in the guide to the Bethesda forums and just grabbed Wyre Bash from the post which ~of course~ doesn't work with SSE. The guide is too cool to mention this. You need this one, v. 307, to get it to find SSE.

Awesome! This did the trick. Now I'm at the part where I have worked through SSE to make a merged patch.

quote:

"Create a merged patch:

Given that you have no mods right now this won't really do anything, but the more your mod list grows the more important it becomes to have a merged patch and learn to edit it by hand. We'll walk through the steps as sort of "practice run". When you actually have a full mod-list you will want to rebuild this.

+Launch TES5edit

+Make sure ALL your mods are selected

+When all the mods are done loading, right-click any mod and select "Other" --> "Create Merged Patch"

+Click OK when the warning pops up and then name it "tes5merged"

Once the merged patch is created you can, if you wish, double click it to drop open its contents. Here you can adjust things by hand.

This takes some practice but it's a great way to learn what mods are doing internally and being able to create your own patches to fix conflicts.

I will eventually be making a video to accompany this section and go over some simple editing. Note that at this point, with no other mods installed, your merged patch will not contain anything! It resolves conflicts in mods. No mods = no conflicts to resolve

When you are satisfied with your tes5merged.esp, close TES5edit and save only the TES5merged.esp (DON'T SAVE CHANGES TO ANY OTHER MODS!)

You should now find the tes5merged.esp in your skyrim folder.

When I follow these steps it stops at about halfway through my mod list:

[00:08] Background Loader: Fatal: <EOSError: System Error. Code: 2.
The system cannot find the file specified>
[00:11] Background Loader: finished

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sounds like youre missing a master

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

I'm having what I assume is a bug where it seems like half of the things I kill disintegrate into Ghostly Remains even if they're normal NPC's or creatures.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Inverness posted:

I'm having what I assume is a bug where it seems like half of the things I kill disintegrate into Ghostly Remains even if they're normal NPC's or creatures.

Did you take a perk anywhere that causes enemies to disintegrate? Destruction tree possibly.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Inverness posted:

Are you are using Summermyst for SSE? The initial release made this happen for me, but the subsequent updates fixed it.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Gale Raziya posted:

Are you are using Summermyst for SSE? The initial release made this happen for me, but the subsequent updates fixed it.
I'm using 1.03, which is the latest.

Mr.Grit posted:

Did you take a perk anywhere that causes enemies to disintegrate? Destruction tree possibly.
My only destruction perks are Destruction Mastery lvl 2 and Combustion. This is with the Ordinator perks mod.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
In the great tradition of Agents are GO! I've set up a google drive to share converted mods. Only have one but hey I'll probably do more.

FC Kagrenacs Instant Fortress (this is the link to the Oldrim one for information, converted one is in the link above

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 27, 2016

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KakerMix posted:

I'm on mobile atm but generally a CTD that just happens tends to be related to mods that alter NPCs, like ones that insert items into NPC inventories. I'd look at the Immersive Armour mods you have listed and make sure you have the latest and everything you need for them etc. I also don't see a bashed or merged patch in there which always seems to lend to stability for me.

Also no, there is no utility to help diagnose a crash.

Vil posted:

With a consistently repeatable crash (as in your case) of any moddable game, simply divide your mod collection in half and see if the crash happens when using half A or half B. If it happened using half A, divide that collection in half again, and repeat the process until you've narrowed it down. This method should work for any mod which is individually and independently causing crashes.

This won't directly help you isolate crashes from mod conflicts though, where either is fine individually but both together will flip out at each other. In the above example, maybe both A and B work fine on their own. In that case, divide it in half a different way. e.g. instead of taking the first half of the list and the second half of the list, take the odd-numbered entries and the even-numbered entries, or the first and third quarters vs. the second and fourth quarters.

Depending on what combinations work and what combinations don't, you can then - with, admittedly, rather more effort - narrow down the combination problem. If you've got a logical guess of where to start, then by all means start with that.

Whats strange is that I have used the same mods pretty much since SE came out with no issues, but I'll try these steps and see what I come up with.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

It seems the thing with everyone turning into Ghostly Remains is due to the Soul Harvest effect on my Ring of Witches, from the Summermyst mod.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Inverness posted:

It seems the thing with everyone turning into Ghostly Remains is due to the Soul Harvest effect on my Ring of Witches, from the Summermyst mod.

Same thing with my soul harvest gloves. Oh well, who needs corpses when you've got skeleton friends?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Agents are GO! posted:

Sounds like youre missing a master

Xoxo we got it fixed and started Skyrim with a gently caress ton of mods installed

Edit: It is insane how much better Skyrim is with these mods. I was a bit skeptical at first but these individual mods really add up to something more than the sum of the parts.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 27, 2016

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
Using MO 2.0.8.1, got my load list set up and loaded a savegame I made with NMM. Game loads fine, but no custom meshes are loading at all, as if it's not loading loose files.

I put the archive invalidation and data sources strings in every skyrim.ini I can find on my drat computer, and I still can't loading loose files. My wizard friend is invisible except for her hands (which are not wearing custom gloves). The meshes and textures aren't loading from multiple mods. No errors or anything, just invisible draugr except their eyes & etc. Anyone got any bright ideas because I'm about out of googling to do.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Like I doubt any of you guys did download it but turns out I'm a HUGE idiot when it comes to Skyrim modding and hosed the original Instant Fortress download. I've updated it in the Google Drive but I also went and got permission to upload it to the Nexus for Special Edition by the original author.

I did the .bsa archive action wrong so I didn't include the meshes or textures required and included a whole bunch that weren't. The result was the Fortress would function perfectly unless you tried to use the music box, you'd CTD because the meshes and textures for the holographic dark elf that comes up to play the music would be missing. I've corrected this so now it works and wouldn't you know it the mod also shrunk in size dramatically.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Is there any mod that provides additional stocks for alchemy vendors? Looping around Markarth/Riften is a workaround, but not efficient enough :v:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Dunno if SE has the same quirk, but in Oldrim you can quicksave, kill (or just smack?) the merchant, quickload to before you did that, and it'll refresh their inventory.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Vil posted:

Dunno if SE has the same quirk, but in Oldrim you can quicksave, kill (or just smack?) the merchant, quickload to before you did that, and it'll refresh their inventory.

Hahahahahahaha I love this almost as much as I love the old "blow yourself up" bug fix in fallout.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Hahahahahahaha I love this almost as much as I love the old "blow yourself up" bug fix in fallout.

Only tangentially related but I made it a habit to quick save, use the force shout at Avenicci when he questions whether you're the Dragonborn or not, and then quickload.

God I hate that character.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So I'm still having CTD issues and at this point the only mod I have active is the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, so I dunno if my install is just broke or what.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

KKKLIP ART posted:

So I'm still having CTD issues and at this point the only mod I have active is the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, so I dunno if my install is just broke or what.

You starting from a new game with only the Unofficial patch or loading your modded save?

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

aioli is just mayo posted:

Using MO 2.0.8.1, got my load list set up and loaded a savegame I made with NMM. Game loads fine, but no custom meshes are loading at all, as if it's not loading loose files.

I put the archive invalidation and data sources strings in every skyrim.ini I can find on my drat computer, and I still can't loading loose files. My wizard friend is invisible except for her hands (which are not wearing custom gloves). The meshes and textures aren't loading from multiple mods. No errors or anything, just invisible draugr except their eyes & etc. Anyone got any bright ideas because I'm about out of googling to do.

If anyone has this problem, it's caused by using Mod Organizer with Sands of Time. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KakerMix posted:

You starting from a new game with only the Unofficial patch or loading your modded save?

I was loading a save, I'm like 20 hours into. I can start a new game but that would stink pretty bad.