Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I keep forgetting to mention it but I really like Odie. He's a cool dude and can advice Stanley in ways nobody else in the side can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
If they decrypt Bunny and she is freed from old restrictions similar to Jack being allowed to discuss Charlie's Deal-of-a-Lifetime, I wonder if we might not learn something that turns Parson against the Great Minds.

After reading the sequence where Bunny's mind is unmade, the Great Minds seem like a bigger threat than Charlie (Particularly since the latter got taken down a peg already.)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

This update contains the most ridiculous image yet

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, that conversation went right where I was expecting.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hey, murderous superpowered zealot, I'll give you the tools you need to achieve your aims if you'll just promise to only do with them what I tell you to.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
:allears:

I want to see that spell a lot more in the future. Maybe with the Arkenhammer next time.

my dad posted:

Hey, murderous superpowered zealot, I'll give you the tools you need to achieve your aims if you'll just promise to only do with them what I tell you to.

I like how all the reminders that she's a master of the magic of interpretation and contracts were followed by seeing nothing wrong with the phrasing "give the arkenpliers to you immediately".

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Well the plots moving, that's certainly one thing.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Here's hoping that the one-woman zombie apocalypse gets out and about in the Magic Kingdom.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Go Wanda! I feel bad for Janis, but not too bad since she's about to be decrypted anyways. This is what happens when you stand in the way of Fate.
Edit: so the whole subplot about the mass hippiemancer spell really was totally pointless huh

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 23, 2016

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Edit: so the whole subplot about the mass hippiemancer spell really was totally pointless huh

Nothing says the decrypted can't cast it. Although I'm actually hoping Wanda won't be able to do a lot in the magic kingdom after thinking about it. She can get ludicrous decrypted caster combos, leading to mass murder and decryption spells.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Go Wanda! I feel bad for Janis, but not too bad since she's about to be decrypted anyways. This is what happens when you stand in the way of Fate.

The indicator at the start of the chapter was "It is a trap purely there so the Minds can double cross Wanda"

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
"Trust me, it's like nothing you've ever felt."

god drat...

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Yesss Wanda's back in play :allears:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

My Predictamancy for the day is that Wanda winds up claiming an ever-escalating avalanche of casters and breaks out of the Magic Kingdom, so that Gobwin Knob (if the side's name isn't now I'm Coming For You Stanley) opens Book 4 with an ungodly gaggle of overpowered personalities, a rather large upkeep bill, and not much chance of getting more because they've got Charlie on one side and the Magic Kingdom on the other.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

If she kills and decrypts a lot of casters their upkeep will be zero...

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

If she kills and decrypts a lot of casters their upkeep will be zero...

Good point!

So it will just be a huge ball of eccentric wizards who are now a crazy person's mind-slaves wandering around the side.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Good point!

So it will just be a huge ball of eccentric wizards who are now a crazy person's mind-slaves wandering around the side.

If she gets a bunch of thinkamancers (or just Bunny working overtime), she can have endless combos of world breaking spells, using Parson for inspiration.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Yeah, if she gets two more Thinkamancers she can do one of those seven caster links the Minds do. Those are totally balanced, hah.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
If she decrypts a bunch of casters just think of all the cool side stories we can get in the next book!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I think it's more like...

You know how Thinkamancers have this huge rainbow of secret abilities and agendas that they keep from their Side? I'm pretty sure every discipline is like that.

So, imagine having fifty guys like that on your team, and they're all wizards whose abilities you don't understand very well.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

My Predictamancy for the day is that Wanda winds up claiming an ever-escalating avalanche of casters and breaks out of the Magic Kingdom, so that Gobwin Knob (if the side's name isn't now I'm Coming For You Stanley) opens Book 4 with an ungodly gaggle of overpowered personalities, a rather large upkeep bill, and not much chance of getting more because they've got Charlie on one side and the Magic Kingdom on the other.

I think this guy has the right idea.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

My prediction is Janis turns the moment she's decrypted. They've been foreshadowing it for pages by repeatedly bringing up that decrypted units can do that; it's really a matter of who at this point, not if, and Janis makes the most sense.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
And if that big Flower Power spell can go off afterward, then that whole plot thread won't be a waste either, right?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Wanda might be immediately liberated if she decrypts Janis, if not already if Janis was her captor.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Reene posted:

My prediction is Janis turns the moment she's decrypted. They've been foreshadowing it for pages by repeatedly bringing up that decrypted units can do that; it's really a matter of who at this point, not if, and Janis makes the most sense.

Turn to who? Wouldn't she need to turn to a side? In that she wants Parson to stop war, I don't know what side would have a bigger draw for her loyalty than Gobwin Knob.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Turns Barbarian, which is probably pretty Rad without upkeep.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

It took a lot of pressure for Ossomer to turn, and he was Decrypted literally in the middle of a life-and-death battle for his family and side, and immediately commanded to join the efforts to croak his own father and obliterate his side.

It should take similarly dramatic circumstances for another Decrypted to turn. Like, if somehow Bunny ended up being commanded to fight against Caesar, I could see her turning. I'm not seeing anything remotely similar for Janice or Marie.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Oh I don't think she will, I was just putting Barbarian forth as an option.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
lol

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I must admit I had totally forgotten about those two.

Possibly because of how long this is taking.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"I was aware" is amazingly understated, considering Book 0.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Well that is her escape plan handled. She has the Wonky Wrench.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I'm don't think Wanda knows about those too, hilariously enough. At least Maggie is free to correct that though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

I'm don't think Wanda knows about those too, hilariously enough. At least Maggie is free to correct that though.

She has a link to all her Decrypted, and Ivan knows about the wrench. He would do anything to save his Mistress. While I doubt she knew about the wrench itself, I'm sure she did a mass decryption with the intent to get decrypted units who were free to break her out.

The thing is, can Gobwin Knob really afford to get another Dirtamancer and Dollamancer along with a Predictamancer?

EDIT: Power-wise I mean. I mean, on the other hand, they're clearly losing the Great Minds as ally's, so having that extra power boost is one thing.

Oh, and Janis's words could be followed. She told Wanda there was no way to escape by fighting, and it's true, she likely couldn't get herself or her people out by fighting, but she could sure and poo poo tunnel them all to safety under their captors noses.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 28, 2016

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Oh, hey, that means Gobwin Knob now has exclusive control over the production of Guns, too, right?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

XkyRauh posted:

Oh, hey, that means Gobwin Knob now has exclusive control over the production of Guns, too, right?

Well they have the people who made it and... oh god they have the people who designed Charlies fortress! They have living floor plans of Charlescomm!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Oh this is going to be good in a few a months *womp womp*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rygar201 posted:

Oh this is going to be good in a few a months *womp womp*

Optimist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So our current scenario -

Wanda has a day left to live, a do her Decrypted.
Janis is returning the Pliers to Gobwin Knob via Sizemore
Ivan and Claude have been Decrypted, meaning they have full juice. On top of that, Ivan was formerly Wanda's Jailor, so he knows where she's kept in the Dirtamansion. Especially since the Dirtamancers didn't really bother to keep him locked up while he was a prisoner.
The plan is the declare Arkentools "OP" and to sink the Portals to Charlescomm and Gobwin Knob.
The Great Minds have no reason to be looking for Claude or Ivan at this point.
Maggie has juice again.
Gobwin Knob has a Predictamancer now.

The base strategy it seems, would be to use Marie to predict actions and relay them through Maggie to Ivan and Claude, which would allow them to save at least Wanda, if not the captured Decrypted. From there, they can move to Transylvito's portal, which no one yet knows is Allied with Gobwin Knob, and Jack can veil the area for them to step through.

Decrypted and Wanda get out and into Transylvito. Gobwin Knob and Charlescomm's portal's are sunk, preventing them from pulling any more poo poo in the Magic Kingdom. And everything should be fine. The only difficulty would be getting Marie out, if she wants to get out that is. She can always remain in the Hippiemancer Glade.

Strategic Assets gained include knowledge of pretty much everything Charlie has. Since Claude and Ivan both turned and both got to see the treasury for the brief instance they were alive.

Fun Fact: Stanley was proven utterly correct with his decision to just let Sizemore take the Pliers. Now Gobwin Knob has 3 more casters, a way to get Wanda out, and a way to retrieve Lilith and the Decrypted troops. As well, this is proof that you can Decrypt someone who's strings were cut.