Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I'm in Australia and the seagulls sound like cliffracers :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm in Australia and the seagulls sound like cliffracers :stare:

That's why we don't let em eat our chips. Those fuckers.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Cliff racers are real.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What's the best house mod that does not alter the landscape (since I am using Rebirth)? I love visual displays of my loot so as much of that as possible. If no such thing exists, feel free to suggest something else that does alter the landscape, there's a chance it might work or I can fix it somehow.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Open MW 0.41 has been released. The CS has been updated too.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

That German accent is very soothing.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]
Their patch videos are great, I wish more devs would do something similar.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What's the best house mod that does not alter the landscape (since I am using Rebirth)? I love visual displays of my loot so as much of that as possible. If no such thing exists, feel free to suggest something else that does alter the landscape, there's a chance it might work or I can fix it somehow.

Morrowind Abodes pack is my go to, although the balmora house is in a spot modders seem to like to use for other buildings, so you may want to disable that one.
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-48-7498

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Also, I'm using Morrowind Rebirth + MGSO3 + Tamriel Rebuilt and everything is fine with it except I have a tendency to crash during zone loading after playing for about 20 min. It feels like I'm reaching some internal RAM limit or something, which is why I always save right before I transition areas. What can I do to make these crashes less frequent? Sadly I'm still on 4GB RAM. This is the very last crash that I need to fix since I discovered Wrye Bash

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I think the solution to your problem would be to install a bunch of fully voiced quest mods.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm coming back to Morrowind for the first time in forever. I dunno if the OP is up to date. Is there anything that has made the mod installation process easier?

Oh also, is there A Hlaalu equivalent to grandmasters of Telvanni?

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

hannibal posted:

Their patch videos are great, I wish more devs would do something similar.

Yeah, it's pretty interesting to get a little background on the bugs and features and how they've worked on them. They can get a little long-winded, though. Like, you don't have to show every instance of a bug appearing and then "prove" to me that's it's been fixed by doing comparison segments from the new version.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm coming back to Morrowind for the first time in forever. I dunno if the OP is up to date. Is there anything that has made the mod installation process easier?

Oh also, is there A Hlaalu equivalent to grandmasters of Telvanni?

I can tell you that MGSO 3.0 is pretty idiot proof by itself. Its practically automated, just don't pick the highest possible graphics settings because I don't think any computers currently in existence can run them. Tamriel Rebuilt is also a safe bet because it doesn't alter anything from the main game, just adds new lands around it. You do need a special mod to see grass in Tamriel Rebuilt if you combine it with MGSO 3.0. Beyond that, pick either GCD or Madd Leveler for your leveling mod (I picked Madd) and maybe some quest mods and/or house mods if thats your thing.

Also after like 60 hours of playtime I can't stand it anymore, I had to get the mod that gives you infinite mark/recall spots. The thing that finally broke me was having to walk all the way down to the Morag Tong hideout in Vivec, theres like 10 doors you have to pass through and its not close to the silt strider at all. It's basically a 10-15 minute journey just by itself.

I personally did not install a higher runspeed mod but if I had to do it again I would have. Although once you invest in Alteration and get the Jump spells, you can move really drat fast jumping around all over the place.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 29, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The thing that finally broke me was having to walk all the way down to the Morag Tong hideout in Vivec, theres like 10 doors you have to pass through and its not close to the silt strider at all. It's basically a 10-15 minute journey just by itself.

Or, in terms of the default day/night cycle, a 5-7.5 hour one.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 29, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

Or, in terms of the default day/night cycle, a 5-7.5 hour one.

Wouldn't that be about right for walking around the settings equivalent to NYC?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I got another question. Is there something like the favorite weapon mods for FNV where the weapon you use levels up?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Also, I'm using Morrowind Rebirth + MGSO3 + Tamriel Rebuilt and everything is fine with it except I have a tendency to crash during zone loading after playing for about 20 min. It feels like I'm reaching some internal RAM limit or something, which is why I always save right before I transition areas. What can I do to make these crashes less frequent? Sadly I'm still on 4GB RAM. This is the very last crash that I need to fix since I discovered Wrye Bash

I figured this out! Turns out if you run the Morrowind Code Patch again it undoes whatever the 4GB patch does. I ran the 4GB patch again and I haven't had a crash since.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

I want to recreate this guy but I can't tell what sword he's using. Does anyone know?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

That is not a sword I am familiar with existing in the game at all. It looks like a cross between an ebony longsword and a daedric claymore.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Yeah I'm pretty sure its some one handed sword of some kind that he's holding in two hands. At least that what I can remember from back in the day when I also tried to recreate said picture.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Higher-res image:

Yeah this is not a sword that actually exists. It is almost certainly a scrapped model for either the daedric claymore or daedric longsword, most likely the latter given the relatively short length.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Yeah, it's just a bigger Daedric shortsword.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Huh, so it is. Wow, it must be way upscaled, I didn't even consider the daedric shortsword because of how big that one in the picture is, combined with it being held in two hands. And the fact that shortswords are poo poo and you should be using literally any other kind of short blade over them.

Actually really you should just be using spears because spears are fuckin baller.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
short blades own for applying magic weapon effects and also you are a damned liar if you did not buy the dwemer jinksword from wayn and spam the gently caress out of it

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Short blades is great, short swords kind of suck.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Short blades is great, short swords kind of suck.

dwemer jinksword is a dwarven shortsword with paralysis on hit

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Yeah, but glass jinkblades are really good, and faster too?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and also not available from wayn at level 1

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look man i just really like the dwemer jinksword from all those times i restarted morrowind over the years

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

we all have our weapons we love despite their shittiness, we can still admit they are lovely tho

like spears, which are fuckin cool as hell but also kinda bad compared to most other weapons. but i still love them anyway.

for that matter i also love chitin armor just for its appearance. sucks poo poo through a straw but idgaf.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 1, 2017

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I haven't played Morrowind in years now, but IMO people should try Morrowind Enhanced w/ combat and blocking enhanced (get ACE subtitles too). It lets you do combos that chop off limbs and disarm people and apply stuns and do area attacks and whatnot else, and it really helps to balance out using long/slow blows and different kinds of blows (the combos are weapon-type dependent and gradually unlock with skill level). Makes combat much more interesting.

e: As a word of warning MWE does cause a little bit of instability IIRC, and there's an issue with very long-term savegames getting bloated (can be fixed with a tool). It does do some things that MWSE alone can't, so I always end up using it anyway when I replay the game.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 1, 2017

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Cubey posted:

we all have our weapons we love despite their shittiness, we can still admit they are lovely tho

like spears, which are fuckin cool as hell but also kinda bad compared to most other weapons. but i still love them anyway.

for that matter i also love chitin armor just for its appearance. sucks poo poo through a straw but idgaf.

I only recently fell in love with the chitin helm, but there's no force on the planet that can get me to upgrade from boiled netch and chitin armor at this point.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

i'd eat mannimarco's rotten rear end in a top hat before i'd stop using armun-an bonemold armor on every character

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Or, as some call it, the Ring of Worms

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There are pills for that.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Or, as some call it, the Ring of Worms

:eyepop:

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

Private Speech posted:

I haven't played Morrowind in years now, but IMO people should try Morrowind Enhanced w/ combat and blocking enhanced (get ACE subtitles too). It lets you do combos that chop off limbs and disarm people and apply stuns and do area attacks and whatnot else, and it really helps to balance out using long/slow blows and different kinds of blows (the combos are weapon-type dependent and gradually unlock with skill level). Makes combat much more interesting.

e: As a word of warning MWE does cause a little bit of instability IIRC, and there's an issue with very long-term savegames getting bloated (can be fixed with a tool). It does do some things that MWSE alone can't, so I always end up using it anyway when I replay the game.

Does this work with openmw? I used it years ago before openmw was a thing, it was pretty fun

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Selklubber posted:

Does this work with openmw?

Nope. MWE, MWSE, MGE, MGEXE, FPSOpt, and MCP are all things that do not and will never work with OpenMW.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that does not sound at all like spamming my clicker with a dagger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

So what's the current status of the big Telvanni mods? I remember last time I was playing MW there were some rumblings about updates and/or new versions but in the absence of the old kind of centralized sites it's hard to be sure if what I'm coming across is up to date or what.