Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Was this in the BlazBlue video? How far into the video did it happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

A good poster posted:

Pretty far, in the last quarter or so.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

A good poster posted:

https://youtu.be/jliX3jWoVDE?t=3082

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm watching the let it die video because I picked up let it die and it owns, and I was excited to see how much the best friends liked it. This was a terrible, terrible mistake on my part. Boy should I have not clicked on this video webzone.

edit: Wow they really do not like this game for seemingly no reason

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 24, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The rage meter is the big number next to your health, it's the big number next to your health that glows blue and gets higher when you hit things. It's the blue box, the one with the ring around the edge that glows brighter when you are hitting things and makes blue sparks come out of you. The tutorial had a big picture of it. I FEEL IT... THIS PHANTOM PAIN WILL NEVER END

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

e: also I don't think these dudes get what's funny about Hitman

Explain

CJacobs posted:

The rage meter is the big number next to your health, it's the big number next to your health that glows blue and gets higher when you hit things. It's the blue box, the one with the ring around the edge that glows brighter when you are hitting things and makes blue sparks come out of you. The tutorial had a big picture of it. I FEEL IT... THIS PHANTOM PAIN WILL NEVER END

Okay, so next we're gonna need to make an anvil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhRLs1uZQA

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
If you want to watch people who like Hitman and Let It Die maybe you all should be watching giant bomb dot com instead......

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's a lot of whining about "god why do they tell us this mission stuff" and "god the clone stuff is dumb and I hate it!"

TechnoSyndrome posted:

If you want to watch people who like Hitman and Let It Die maybe you all should be watching giant bomb dot com instead......

Who isn't watching both?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's the bar!! It's the big square next to your health! Hold triangle!! Aaaaarrrggghhh!

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Hmm, very true.

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so next we're gonna need to make an anvil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhRLs1uZQA

Holy poo poo

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I found it really weird that Jeff is so into Let it Die, because it has the slow windup moves and hit stun that made him hate Dark Souls so much.

I don't think I'll watch this Hitman video.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Super Best Friends Play: SO WHITE

now 33% less white

also let it die doesn't look that great, tbh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yinlock posted:

now 33% less white

It's very, very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXzxA7FzPu8

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Yinlock posted:

now 33% less white

What's that in 5ths?

It looks alright, but with the boys being diehard fans of platinum-style character action, it isn't surprising that they're put off by a lack of dodge-cancels. Woolie's just being Woolie, but even the competent gameplay I've seen has looked somewhat janky.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 25, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that's rad as poo poo admittedly but i just don't really like the tone or the severe jank

like I can see why someone would like or dislike it, it doesn't seem to be one of those super good to everyone games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

CaptainFish posted:

I found it really weird that Jeff is so into Let it Die, because it has the slow windup moves and hit stun that made him hate Dark Souls so much.

I don't think I'll watch this Hitman video.

Jeff doesn't like any kind of fantasy. Or generally anything less modern than a rifle, that's why he doesn't like red dead redemption.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Who isn't watching both?

Every single thing I've learned about Giant Bomb I've learned from Pat talking about it. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yinlock posted:

that's rad as poo poo admittedly but i just don't really like the tone or the severe jank

like I can see why someone would like or dislike it, it doesn't seem to be one of those super good to everyone games.

It is relatively polarizing, in that if it's your poo poo it will be extremely your poo poo, but if it's not then you will either be lukewarm like Woolie or just not enjoy it at all.

edit: granted, the reason Woolie is lukewarm on it is at least partially because he didn't pay attention when the game was telling him how to play it, but even if he did know it's still sort of clunky in the gameplay department

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Overlord K posted:

Every single thing I've learned about Giant Bomb I've learned from Pat talking about it. :v:
GIANT BOMB(???)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYwS0NbMUpM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If the Superbestfriendcast@gmail.com, that's superbestfriendcast@gmail.com ends up dying, would the Giant Bomb Cast be an okay alternative for nerds talking dumb stuff and also video game news?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ehhhhhhhh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If the Superbestfriendcast@gmail.com, that's superbestfriendcast@gmail.com ends up dying, would the Giant Bomb Cast be an okay alternative for nerds talking dumb stuff and also video game news?

If Two Best Friends Play Dot Com Or Super Best Friends Play Dot Com dies then yes I'd say it's a fine alternative, I am a Giant Bomb fan, but I don't think it is going to die.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Half of sbf are inspired by giant bomb so while it's less anime the bombcast is pretty good. The beastcast is consistently fantastic though.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You won't get the anime discussion at all, get much less movie talk, and in general you'll hear less dives into niche stuff and excitement about certain products. But it's still a good cast.

I always appreciated getting certain consumer-based skepticism from pat on the SBFC and then getting different games media-based skepticism from the bombcast.

Captain Invictus posted:

The beastcast is consistently fantastic though.

I totally forgot, but yeah the Beastcast is amazing, probably the better of the two when it's firing on all cylinders.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Tae posted:

Jeff doesn't like any kind of fantasy. Or generally anything less modern than a rifle, that's why he doesn't like red dead redemption.

Also, Let It Die in general has wayyy loving better feedback on hits. Like every time you take down an enemy it feels like you literally crushed them. And then the game Showers you with a video-game-as-hell shower of blood and coins.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

There are loads of rifles in Red Dead tho

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Assault rifle

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm joking.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

giantbomb isn't that great since they send everyone funny to the Far East and only keep the grumpiest

e: but there's already a thread for hating giant bomb and yet watching it anyway

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yinlock posted:

giantbomb isn't that great since they send everyone funny to the Far East and only keep the grumpiest

e: but there's already a thread for hating giant bomb and yet watching it anyway

Drew, the Gerst Man, and Jason are all funny. Even Brad can be good if you let him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If you guys are looking to branch out your internet entertainers my favorite channel is Easy Allies, made up of all the former GameTrailers staff who got fired at the beginning of this year. I like them cause they're not cynical about anything and are generally pretty upbeat and jolly about video games- they skew on the older side of things too (I think everyone is late 20s, early 30s). Think of lots of Liams with one Pat spread out evenly across 8 guys. Also SA's own Men Drinkin Coffee, for similar reasons.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

beep by grandpa posted:

If you guys are looking to branch out your internet entertainers my favorite channel is Easy Allies, made up of all the former GameTrailers staff who got fired at the beginning of this year. I like them cause they're not cynical about anything and are generally pretty upbeat and jolly about video games- they skew on the older side of things too (I think everyone is late 20s, early 30s).

i love white dudes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
by "they're not cynical about anything" you mean they post over the top hype reaction videos to literally everything that happens

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TechnoSyndrome posted:

i love white dudes

Well I'm not white so I guess I'll just go away then since I'm not welcome here.

Anyway, tried to help, can't stand this bummer of a thread, y'all are just too nitpicky for me!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Haha wow Plague sitting everyone down and having an intervention with everyone about their Dragonball Super misconceptions.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well there's always the Weebcast.

God alone knows that thing can go into the 3 hour mark and not even talk about anime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Where did people see the hitman video being negative

I mean if you can somehow twist pat saying "this is a real loving cool game" into being negative then I guess but they both seemed preeeeetty positive on it

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Hitman video was the funniest thing in a while, especially Woolie despairing every time Pat got spotted and just tried to gun down everyone.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

Ok, if it's not negative I'll check it out later. I actually haven't beaten Hokkaido yet (Colorado is such a pain in the rear end to do anything on), so I don't really want to see someone else dick around in it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Where did people see the hitman video being negative

I mean if you can somehow twist pat saying "this is a real loving cool game" into being negative then I guess but they both seemed preeeeetty positive on it

I feel people here take anything less that screamy hype noises as lukewarm reactions and any criticism as "I HATE THIS" sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Haha wow Plague sitting everyone down and having an intervention with everyone about their Dragonball Super misconceptions.

Is that from the podcast? I haven't listened to it yet.