Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

It's that time of year again https://youtu.be/kkmb9CMqjOo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I would buy one of these:

http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60544927

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A Thewmas Present for us all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DiGTLqJayQ

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I love the TR line a lot but there's something to be said for a TF line without a major gimmick.

There's plenty of gimmicks in the new RID, minicons, pantsforming, and those weird badges that are supposed to be some kind of barcode that can supposedly be read with an ap.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Heno bozo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's plenty of gimmicks in the new RID, minicons, pantsforming, and those weird badges that are supposed to be some kind of barcode that can supposedly be read with an ap.

They totally can, it unlocks the character in the FTP RID game.

The way you pay money for that game is to buy the toys. So, somewhat less exploitive of gambling addictions than gatcha games.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

You can't just post that without a link.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

WickedHate posted:

At which point they become pilots which is perfect. Sure, maybe you want your Transformers completely autonomous, but you can pretend their powered up Neo Knight-esque humans, or an alien race being infiltrated.

Whoever was in the meeting that put up their hand and said "We should probably put some place to store each Titan Master" deserves a pay raise and a firm handshake.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Took me a few minutes, but I figured out how to transform Mindwipe and Blurr. I like 'em.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Took me a few minutes, but I figured out how to transform Mindwipe and Blurr. I like 'em.

You know they come with instructions right? :ohdear:

Also, that Bludgeon is up for preorder: http://thechosenprime.com/DNADS01

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The_Doctor posted:

Hoo boy. I haven't bought toys and figures in years, but if it was cheaper this is absolutely what would finally make me break.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah but these are the first Transformers I've played with in like 1 years. Plus the instructions aren't very clear imo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh yeah, lighter grey and a dusty red on dark grey is nigh on unreadable at times.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Triggerhappy rules so hard

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

Oh wow, he's Masterpiece-sized, eh? The price is still a lot, but it's a bit more understandable than just an improved movie(?) bludgeon.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

Triggerhappy rules so hard
He's seriously so disappointing

in that I wish Brainstorm was a remold of him instead of Blurr!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
MP Inferno arrived just in time for Christmas. He's...okay? The transformation is fantastic but not a fan of the way his thighs look like really big knees, and the back of the truck really needed a bumper and lights or something to break up the monotony, cartoon accuracy be damned. I don't have the dreaded tight right elbow but the left arm does seem a bit fussy on staying closed.

Great head though, I love that silly smiley face and the pearlescent sheen.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Got Sky Lynx and Mindwipe for Christmas

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

pubic works project posted:

Ha! I got Mindwipe and Blurr "for the kids" and I was helping them transform them.

The instructions kind of sucked.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Comfortador posted:

Ha! I got Mindwipe and Blurr "for the kids" and I was helping them transform them.

The instructions kind of sucked.

Hahaha nice! Those two are mine. I got my nephew Chromedome, Scourge, Highbrow, and Skullcruncher.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sentinel Red posted:

MP Inferno arrived just in time for Christmas. He's...okay? The transformation is fantastic but not a fan of the way his thighs look like really big knees, and the back of the truck really needed a bumper and lights or something to break up the monotony, cartoon accuracy be damned. I don't have the dreaded tight right elbow but the left arm does seem a bit fussy on staying closed.

Great head though, I love that silly smiley face and the pearlescent sheen.

The left arm is fussy about staying closed on mine, too. If you pinch near the hand it stays closed better than if you applied pressure in the middle of the arm.

There is too much plastic inside that joint near where the arm parts touch, that's why it pops open. But it's a very, very small bit of extra plastic, I'm not sure where to carve it off and without knowing where exactly to carve I'm not doing anything.

My MP Golden Lambor had a similar problem with his crotch flap, and I got that thing fixed eventually.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I dont know if this is official but that is some complicated Megatron transformation.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=698442910315466&id=348530638640030

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The MSJ posted:

I dont know if this is official but that is some complicated Megatron transformation.

HHHHHRRRRRRNNNNNNG

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

Oh God, is that meant to be the MP? I'm gonna get so many stress fractures.

So I got myself Triggerhappy, Twinferno, Gnaw, BB, and Kickback, and the store I got them from wrapped everything before putting them in the box, which is cool as poo poo. Well done A3U. If you sold in CAD you'd have my business for keeps.

I uncorked Trig the night I got it, because he's who I was really looking forward to. He's just so good, he's like, PRID Vehicon good in that you wouldn't expect friggin Triggerhappy to be so good. He's my little top-scrolling shooter protagonist man. He has every gun and his cockpit opens like *swish* and I can't wait to replay Wing Commander 1.5 and use him for the final third of the game before they give me the curbstomp superfighter for the last two missions.

For the rest of the package I'm going to unwrap one a week, because I've found that shooting the whole wad at once leaves me unsatisfied. Who should I unwrap next: basic or deluxe?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Phy posted:

For the rest of the package I'm going to unwrap one a week, because I've found that shooting the whole wad at once leaves me unsatisfied. Who should I unwrap next: basic or deluxe?

I'm very curious how Kickback turned out, so I vote that.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I got my friend TR Astrotrain. That robot mode is kickass.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Stormangel posted:

You can't just post that without a link.

here's the link to that shirt, but the one I was secretly hoping for was Soundwave riding a unicorn against a rainbow backdrop yelling gently caress YEAH

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want the Black Cybertron cover on a shirt, or a poster, or maybe airbrushed onto the side of my van(I don't own a van, but I would get one just for this).

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I picked up Twinferno at Orbital. They had Hot Rod and...Overdrive I think? But they looked a bit crap. Really like him, even though his hip parts in monster mode don't clip into anything. Instructions are terrible too, the aforementioned grey on grey with some red.
Tight robot mode.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Goldskull posted:

I picked up Twinferno at Orbital. They had Hot Rod and...Overdrive I think? But they looked a bit crap. Really like him, even though his hip parts in monster mode don't clip into anything. Instructions are terrible too, the aforementioned grey on grey with some red.
Tight robot mode.

His hip parts do plig in. The tail has to be at a certain angle and it's fiddly as a motherfucker but there's a peg on both sides.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ohh deluxes are £12.49 and Voyagers £14.99 at TRU right now in sales. And they have wave 3... :ohdear:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

I'm very curious how Kickback turned out, so I vote that.

A basic it is! I'll post a review Thursday. I also hope it's Kickback so I can complete my basic insecticons.

(Seriously, they're all wrapped up like presents, it's so cool. The only way I got Triggerhappy out was, I opened a flap on one of the deluxe-size ones, saw it was Twinferno, and closed it up again to unwrap the other one.)

Y'know what's loving neat about being an adult? I'm as excited about the mortar and pestle my wife got me for crushing spices as I am about the box of toys. Now I get to eat stuff with dried rosemary on it, and not worry about jabbing myself in the gums with a savoury pine needle. Again.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Phy posted:

Y'know what's loving neat about being an adult? I'm as excited about the mortar and pestle my wife got me for crushing spices as I am about the box of toys. Now I get to eat stuff with dried rosemary on it, and not worry about jabbing myself in the gums with a savoury pine needle. Again.

Have fun! I'm a terrible person who mostly buys dried, powdered spices, but I also have a small electric coffee grinder that I only use for crushing and grinding spices, the rare times I need them. As long as you don't also use it for coffee, it's a perfect, cheap tool for the job.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I got Terraegis and his instructions are real bad, continuing the MMC tradition. Looks rad though!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Ordered MP Inferno, Primal (yes I know), and RMX Jaguar with ecksmas money, will report when they arrive.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Snagged a Titans Return Wheelie as I had a Target gift card and they had nothing from wave 3. :v:

I like him! I like his transformation though his arms a bit of a pill when going to car form.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Wheelie's main draw is that they managed to get a Titanmaster cockpit into a figure of that size class. Pretty impressive.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The problem with Wheelie meanwhile is that it's Wheelie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Nobody's perfect.