Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

tanglewood1420 posted:

We've joked for years about Moreyball being only layups and threes and absolutely nothing else and he's finally found a coach in D'Antoni who's like 'Yeah man, I totally agree!'.

And the perfect player in Harden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

cravius posted:

Sabonis really excites me for what he could become

Lets all start the Domantas Sabonis fan club

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

edit: nm.

The whole Sabonis family are goddamn giants.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 25, 2016

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is able to spend the day with friends and family, or you're like me and will be watching a day of basketball that's paid for by the truckload of toys you got for your kids.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Portland should fix their basketball team by trading Lillard to Boston and Philadelphia for all their future draft picks (they can share him).

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

Portland should fix their basketball team by trading Lillard to Boston and Philadelphia for all their future draft picks (they can share him).

I love you Rick. Merry Xmas :)

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
What actually makes basketball sense for Portland is trying to trade Lillard for Cousins and keeping McCollum as their #2. But obviously that would never happen.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Do you think Portland fans would lose their poo poo in anger if they traded Lillard for Boogie?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I can't imagine Boogie being that much happier in Portland than in Sacramento.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Do you think Portland fans would lose their poo poo in anger if they traded Lillard for Boogie?

They would throw a shitfit. Not only because they overvalue Lillard, but also because they're a bunch of stodgy white people who absolutely buy into thug narrative bullshit.

leftist heap posted:

I can't imagine Boogie being that much happier in Portland than in Sacramento.

I mean, he'd be on a much better run team with a better coach and a much better chance at regular playoff appearances. That alone would probably go a long ways towards placating him.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I want in on the action of whatever it is that is causing Portland fans multi-year perpetual delirium about the value of their players.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Libertine posted:

I want in on the action of whatever it is that is causing Portland fans multi-year perpetual delirium about the value of their players.

I don't think its just fans who have trouble gauging the value of their players over at Portland

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Merry Christmas SAS may your team get a w on their next game. Except you Minnesota you get this L

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Look Sacramento has been poorly run and did some questionable things this summer. Did you see what they paid Evan Turner

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

They would throw a shitfit. Not only because they overvalue Lillard, but also because they're a bunch of stodgy white people who absolutely buy into thug narrative bullshit.

I mean, he'd be on a much better run team with a better coach and a much better chance at regular playoff appearances. That alone would probably go a long ways towards placating him.

Better run than the Kings is a bar that Portland isn't exactly vaulting over these days.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Look Sacramento has been poorly run and did some questionable things this summer. Did you see what they paid Evan Turner

Are you really going to dispute this point? You should be more familiar than anyone with what a joke they've been for the past few years. They run off a perfectly good coach in Mike Malone to pseudo-hire Tyrone Corbin and then abruptly dump him for George Karl of all people. poo poo drafts and a record on the court to show for it. Saying Portland is better run isn't handing Portland executive of the year awards, it's a simple fact.

And overpaying a player isn't exactly the type of executive mismanagement that is going to set off alarm bells for other players.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

to me, the portland trail blazers have been a very underrated team when it comes to arguing about being better than the sacramento kings

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I love you Rick. Merry Xmas :)

Same to you!!

Papercut posted:

What actually makes basketball sense for Portland is trying to trade Lillard for Cousins and keeping McCollum as their #2. But obviously that would never happen.

This is a fairly interesting idea. It'd sure make life easier for all of the Blazers shooters.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Look at these people not understanding the kings are playing a long con to get boogie and wall on the same team while the trailblazers are morons who capped out on a mediocre team

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

Travis Outlaw and Sergio Rodriguez are going to be all-stars. Guaranteed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Libertine posted:

The gm is now overvaluing players too .

It's terminal.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

Travis Outlaw and Sergio Rodriguez are going to be all-stars. Guaranteed.

I remember blazers fan that heavily argued that travis outlaw was better than jamal crawford

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Merry Christmas friends. Especial merriment as well to fellow raptor goons who will go yet another Christmas without watching boss man Kyle Lowry hustle some weak rear end teams.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Another goon and I who work at FanDuel (I know) have been writing the backend for an app called NBA InPlay for something like a year an a half now. It's totally free to play. My father-in-law holds a typical baby boomer hatred of the NBA, and he was glued to the TV when we played it during LAC-SAS the other night. On the other hand, I'm pretty curmudgeonly and (if I'm ignoring my professional interests) don't see a need to stare at my phone while I'm trying to pay attention to the game, but it really is pretty goddamn fun once you get the hang of it, especially in a room full of people who are competing with each other.

I've been posting in this thread for years now, so I'm not trying to be a shill, and I promise I'll never make a post like this again. Would love for you guys to try it, even if only as a way to convince your families to turn off football today.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

big boi posted:

Another goon and I who work at FanDuel (I know) have been writing the backend for an app called NBA InPlay for something like a year an a half now. It's totally free to play. My father-in-law holds a typical baby boomer hatred of the NBA, and he was glued to the TV when we played it during LAC-SAS the other night. On the other hand, I'm pretty curmudgeonly and (if I'm ignoring my professional interests) don't see a need to stare at my phone while I'm trying to pay attention to the game, but it really is pretty goddamn fun once you get the hang of it, especially in a room full of people who are competing with each other.

I've been posting in this thread for years now, so I'm not trying to be a shill, and I promise I'll never make a post like this again. Would love for you guys to try it, even if only as a way to convince your families to turn off football today.

Nice, I'll try to check this out later.

Furious George will not have sections about the Kings.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18345998/sources-sacramento-kings-passages-removed-george-karl-forthcoming-book
I guess that means Rudy Gay's basketball hell line is gone.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

big boi posted:

This is cool, and its not a shill at all. Stupid fantasy basketball man games are 100% my poo poo.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

big boi posted:

Hey cool. Figure out a way to add permadeath

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

BWV posted:

Merry Christmas friends. Especial merriment as well to fellow raptor goons who will go yet another Christmas without watching boss man Kyle Lowry hustle some weak rear end teams.

If you make a conference finals it should mean you get to play on Christmas day automatically

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I made a GDT for today.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802876&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post467708086

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Merry Christmas my dudes. Thanks for making this the best and funniest thread on the forums.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

big boi posted:

I like this a lot. Please post away about it, it's very interesting

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ramadu posted:

Merry Christmas my dudes. Thanks for making this the best and funniest thread on the forums.
You're close, but it's the nba fashion thread

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Ramadu posted:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ramadu posted:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So who got tickets for Christmas?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Death By The Blues posted:

So who got tickets for Christmas?

The Andersons, I think

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I got a regular paper calendar because Morey trades half my drat Rockets calendar before I get to them. Goodbye Mr. December Trevor Ariza and hello generic OfficeMax calendar

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish the Cavs would sign Mario Chalmers while JR is out.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Papercut posted:

Are you really going to dispute this point? You should be more familiar than anyone with what a joke they've been for the past few years. They run off a perfectly good coach in Mike Malone to pseudo-hire Tyrone Corbin and then abruptly dump him for George Karl of all people. poo poo drafts and a record on the court to show for it. Saying Portland is better run isn't handing Portland executive of the year awards, it's a simple fact.

And overpaying a player isn't exactly the type of executive mismanagement that is going to set off alarm bells for other players.

Kings have been poorly run but it's funny your example is the team that threw a bajillion dollars at Evan Turner to be terrible. Like when a parent brags about how well behaved their kid is and the kid then poops right on the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Andersons, I think

The Andersons got tickets to the game? How'd they get tickets?

• Locked thread