Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Race Realists posted:

:lol: its like the animators just threw up their hands and said "gently caress it"

dont even get me started with shinobu's model at the end there :gonk:
if you're thinking of the shot I am, they lifted that pose one to one from the manga so go get started with Araki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

frank.club posted:

Yeah it's surprising me with how good it is. Like the concept of an 'unrighteous man' keeping then corpse of Jesus out of the hands of the President, who wants to use it to protect Americans from any and all harm, is so good. It's a magic-realism western as written by a manga artist. It's phenomenal

You've completely convinced me to track this down and read it after I get through Part 5/6. I read the basic conceit somewhere else and thought, "Eh, this might be okay," but holy geeze.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vermain posted:

You've completely convinced me to track this down and read it after I get through Part 5/6. I read the basic conceit somewhere else and thought, "Eh, this might be okay," but holy geeze.

it really should be the essential jojo even if the reader probably won't get a lot of it without the first few at least known.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I want a big rear end hardback release of Part 7, I want to write my literature thesis on Part 7, I never want to not be reading Part 7

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Lol I really forgot that's how Kira finally bites it when I made a joke about him getting hit by a car in the anime thread.

I'm sorry, anime thread.

no you didnt motherfucker :v:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Race Realists posted:

dont even get me started with shinobu's model at the end there :gonk:

It's like a direct adaptation of the panel, blame araki not D Studio

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
All poses intentional and perfect

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Race Realists posted:

wish they'd cut the bullshit and just give a confirmation

If it's anything like DiU, VA simply hasn't been confirmed yet and they're waiting on somewhat external factors like sales, merch and ongoing popularity.

It's definitely very likely to happen but very likely doesn't mean confirmed so they can't.

Race Realists posted:

:lol: its like the animators just threw up their hands and said "gently caress it"

How else would you expect them to animate a less than second long shot of Kira's neck snapping from the tire turning it when they're not able to show his face scraping along the floor?

There's been plenty of sins in terms of animation with DiU so I don't really get singling out something inoffensive.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Race Realists posted:

Collision detection is complicated, you have to be wiling to forgive clipping errors every so often.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I liked the way they did that scene because it looked really grotesque, as a head being squished by an ambulance should be.

But man, i wish David gets some animation budget for Vento Aureo, DiU really suffered in this department.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sorta cross posting but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqoSeHS5nc

The Ringo they chose in ASB is so good. There are time stamps for everyone in the description so go from there.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Okay I just started reading the part 5 manga (just got up to Mystery of Soft Machine) and I'm trying to wrap my head around Giorno's stand. I think I get it, but wanted to ask a couple questions.

1) Can he choose the living creature the inanimate object he punches turns into, to some degree? It felt like it was made out to be random in the first few chapters but there are clearly some use cases where he got the most convenient change possible.
2) My best way to understand how it affects other humans is Radical-6 from the Zero Escape series. Is that a fair comparison?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't bother with #2, that power literally never shows up again.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't bother with #2, that power literally never shows up again.

Araki!!!!!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to be fair, i don't think there's a lot of situations where it actually would be useful again. like usual, a lot of the enemies have some poo poo going on that makes getting close enough to punch a hassle.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I just liked the concept that he had a low Power rating on purpose to make the punches hurt more when his opponent is slowed.

His main power is really loving cool though. I think this was a good direction after Crazy Diamond.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was definitely a cool idea but unfortunately gold experience is like the most 'everything and the kitchen sink' protag stand in the series so it kind of gets buried in favor of weird poo poo like throwing snakes at people or growing plants

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Tir McDohl posted:

Okay I just started reading the part 5 manga (just got up to Mystery of Soft Machine) and I'm trying to wrap my head around Giorno's stand. I think I get it, but wanted to ask a couple questions.

1) Can he choose the living creature the inanimate object he punches turns into, to some degree? It felt like it was made out to be random in the first few chapters but there are clearly some use cases where he got the most convenient change possible.
2) My best way to understand how it affects other humans is Radical-6 from the Zero Escape series. Is that a fair comparison?

I think #1 is an experience thing. As Giorno gets better with Gold Experience, he can control what it creates. I can't remember how recently he'd gotten the stand, though, so I may be way off.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Kuroyama posted:

I think #1 is an experience thing. As Giorno gets better with Gold Experience, he can control what it creates. I can't remember how recently he'd gotten the stand, though, so I may be way off.

Makes sense. He has only had the stand for a month. He's not Josuke who has had over a decade to practice.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
The thing I really liked about Gold Experience is that it was what showed which of his two fathers he was closest to at heart; Dio was a bloodsucking monster who survived by draining the lives of others, and Giorno's stand literally gives life. It's the Ripple, translated into the form of a Stand.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I, also am reading Vento Auero now and dang Black Sabbath has a cool design, like maybe my favorite stand design yet. The wide shots where it's just standing in the shadows, waiting, are super cool.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Tir McDohl posted:

That's a fair comparison, yeah. It also gives you an out of body experience and with things slowing down, those are the signs that your brain basically thinks it's dying. :eng101:

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
I'm rereading "Dead Man's Questions", dogs really don't like Kira.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dame dame dame dame dame dame dame DAME DAME DAME DAME DAME DAME

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Llab posted:

I like that Jotaro holds the baby like he's had practice.

*Marge pulling at her collar*

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Johnny Joestar posted:

it was definitely a cool idea but unfortunately gold experience is like the most 'everything and the kitchen sink' protag stand in the series so it kind of gets buried in favor of weird poo poo like throwing snakes at people or growing plants

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Funky Valentine posted:

*Marge pulling at her collar*

It might've been a little too *wink wink nudge nudge* I admit.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

soft and wet is handled a hell of a lot better and makes for more interesting solutions to problems

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo poco is in part 1?!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HOW MANY LOAVES OF BREAD HAVE YOU EATEN IN YOUR LIFE Jesus Christ

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

frank.club posted:

HOW MANY LOAVES OF BREAD HAVE YOU EATEN IN YOUR LIFE Jesus Christ

Even Part 1 has a lot of good poo poo in it, despite being different from that which comes later.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JoJo may very well be the sickest thing in the universe

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

frank.club posted:

it's hosed up, but this is true.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Jo Joestar posted:

The thing I really liked about Gold Experience is that it was what showed which of his two fathers he was closest to at heart; Dio was a bloodsucking monster who survived by draining the lives of others, and Giorno's stand literally gives life. It's the Ripple, translated into the form of a Stand.

To be fair, Giorno could also choose to change his hand into a squirrel if he wanted.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I still love that giorno's healing is more or less like constructing with legos.

Just take a piece and shove it in there to fill up the hole, bam, all done

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Merry christmas JoJobuddys who read the manga and are therefore cooler people than the rest of the jojo people on this forum I hope you got some cool poo poo today and have a GREAT DAY(s) that is all

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

frank.club posted:

I think you'll find that Jojo is both sick AND nasty.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Merry christmas JoJobuddys who read the manga and are therefore cooler people than the rest of the jojo people on this forum I hope you got some cool poo poo today and have a GREAT DAY(s) that is all

merry christmas from the city of Duwang. (Spending my Christmas in Japan, specifically around Sendai at the mo)

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

frank.club posted:

buckle up frank, your in for a ride