Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Apollo Justice HD on iOS! It doesn't look like poo poo! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apollo-justice-ace-attorney/id1136993233

The $1 price gives you half of the first case, you have to pay $15 for the rest. Why not just make it free to download?

Android version comes out next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
So for the series 15th anniversary some pieces of artwork were made and I think everyone should see them because they are great

And I just noticed Juniper's love scarf goes from her all the way too Trucy's feet, amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The loving stepladder in the first trilogy art.

I also like that Capcom isn't even pretending the last three games weren't Apollo's trilogy despite 2/3 of it having Phoenix's name on it. Though of course, that last part was all the international versions and it's all GyakuSai in Japan.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 16, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I miss Agent Lang. Probably the best part of AAI1.

Speaking of, I also miss Debeste. Please bring back Debeste.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm digging that the last one has Apollo and Phoenix placed similarly to Phoenix and Mia in the first one and Miles and Gregory in the second one.

Seconding the desire for Debeste character.

E:

Waffleman_ posted:

I also like that Capcom isn't even pretending the last three games weren't Apollo's trilogy despite 2/3 of it having Phoenix's name on it. Though of course, that last part was all the international versions and it's all GyakuSai in Japan.

Well, they have more than Phoenix' name on it, and I don't think that part is all too different in Japan:

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 16, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Right, yeah, there's that too. Still, I'm happy for Apollo because I like him more than Phoenix at this point

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also it should be a Phoenix Wright game to feature Apollo as the incontrovertible main character. Turnabout is fair play, after all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't know if I like Apollo more than Phoenix but they're at least equal in my mind now.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
First trilogy Phoenix is probably equal to Apollo for me, but if you count the stuff from the second then I like Apollo more. I know they've mostly made up for it, but AA4 really did a lot to ruin Phoenix for me.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I wish Apollo was more like Odoroki, which is to say, childish, hot-tempered, prone to outbursts, and A Different Character From First Trilogy Phoenix.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't know who that is but I dig that Apollo is straight-laced and method-oriented and completely lacks rapport with any of his defendants. He's closer to Edgeworth with less swagger and better social skills than he is to Phoenix.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Odoroki is what they call Mr. Justice in Japan.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, I don't really see the two as the same. Apollo's way more of a wet blanket than Phoenix ever was.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apollo also suffers from anxiety which is very relatable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't believe that famous attorney Robert Hammond was killed today, and they arrested Miles Edgeworth for the murder no less. hosed up!

1-4 happens today in-game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I can't believe that famous attorney Robert Hammond was killed today, and they arrested Miles Edgeworth for the murder no less. hosed up!

1-4 happens today in AA1

Ummm I just called his office and he's alive and well??? Wtf

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

1-4 happens today in-game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Apperently that weird, spiky haired attorney was found snooping around the crime scene.

I know Edgeworth needs an attorney, but you don't think...?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nah, he'll probably just get a state-appointed attorney. No self-respecting lawyer would defend Miles Edgeworth.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Y'all wanna know what's REALLY weird? It's been exactly 15 years - to the day! -since the very first time Edgeworth appeared in court, when he was a kid.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Guys forget about all that, apparently they spotted a huge creature at Gourd Lake, and it looks kinda like the Loch Ness Monster. hosed up, right?!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Guys forget about all that, apparently they spotted a huge creature at Gourd Lake, and it looks kinda like the Loch Ness Monster. hosed up, right?!

You seriously don't beleive in that Gourdy non-sense do you? What do you think that weird Japanese spirit channeling cult are legit too?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

Y'all wanna know what's REALLY weird? It's been exactly 15 years - to the day! -since the very first time Edgeworth appeared in court, when he was a kid.

Yeah, wasn't his father killed then, too?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Manfred von Karma is the prosecutor.

Good bye, Edgeworth. Life sort of went off the rails for you since you got tonked twice by Mr. Wright, eh?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Serves him right really, with all those forgeries he's taken part in. I say they throw the book at him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm worried that the lead detective will cause a conflict of interest. He's worked almost exclusively with Edgeworth in the past.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Manfred von Karma is the prosecutor.

Good bye, Edgeworth. Life sort of went off the rails for you since you got tonked twice by Mr. Wright, eh?

Cubs win the World Series, Trump wins the election, Wright beats Von Karma?

Naw, what am I saying, even for 2016 that's just TOO crazy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Bah, I went to the lake to pick up some Silver Samurai buns for Christmas and that shithead store-owner actually lost that twenty foot tall silver samurai inflatable. How do you do that?! This country just doesn't respect tokusatsu like it should.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
NOW LISTEN HERE YALL I GOT PICTURES OF REAL LIFE GOURDY RIGHT HERE

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Uh, didn't Von Karma adopt Edgeworth after all all that? Man, must be eating the man up inside to prosecute his own son.

e: Actually yeah this seems like a pretty severe conflict of interest!

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 25, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Bah, I went to the lake to pick up some Silver Samurai buns for Christmas and that shithead store-owner actually lost that twenty foot tall silver samurai inflatable. How do you do that?! This country just doesn't respect tokusatsu like it should.

... Was he called Larry by any chance? Sounds like something this dude I know would somehow manage to do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So yeah, I think it's officially announced that Wright is representing Edgeworth. I was at the Powers trial and saw them talking to each other after the verdict. Think they might know each other outside the courtroom?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's called the STEEL Samurai, you gaijin scum.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It's called the STEEL Samurai, you gaijin scum.

:negative:
i have no excuse

Also, apparently they proved that Edgeworth was in the boat with the victim and the prints were found, but some BS of what hand was used made the trial go for another day. I can't believe Von Karma is letting this case slip by like that, we need someone reliable like him in these trying times.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Wright's performed some pretty crazy turnabouts in the past, and so has his mentor (RIP). I'm bringing my confetti to the courtroom when I go watch tomorrow, just in case.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PHOENIX WRIGHT IS CROSS-EXAMINING A drat PARROT.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lmao, piss off

e: WTF

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

GUYS, REMEMBER THAT loving LOCKED ROOM CASE THEY GOT A PHONEY PSYCHIC TO SOLVE FIFTEEN YEARS AGO??? THE PARROT IS IN ON IT SOMEHOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The boat guy was the guy who went on trial in that case and he just confessed to killing Hammond!