Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yakuza 0 and Horizon for me. Also gonna jump on that Switch, you better believe. Also need to finish up the DQ7 remake before DQ8 hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yo so if anybody plays Gears of War 4 I got an xbone controller for Christmas and it was GoW branded and came with a DLC code.

96GP7-6KFJ7-74T2P-MY3WQ-YX4HZ

All it says is that it's a "exclusive in-game emblem and 3 gear packs"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

What is knack anyway

What isn't Knack

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A miserable little pile of secrets

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

What isn't Knack

This isn't knack

I know that for certain

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

people don't use Buckle Up for steam gifts....

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
How resource intensive is Slime Rancher? I bought my wife a mid-range laptop and Slime Rancher looks like a cute game she'd like.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LawfulWaffle posted:

How resource intensive is Slime Rancher? I bought my wife a mid-range laptop and Slime Rancher looks like a cute game she'd like.

It runs ok on the pc I built to run my tv. it uses a ~6 year old mid-range graphics card and an i3

not perfect, but ok.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jordan7hm posted:

It runs ok on the pc I built to run my tv. it uses a ~6 year old mid-range graphics card and an i3

not perfect, but ok.

Okay, I'll give it a shot. The laptop's probably going to be a Stardew Valley/Roller Coaster Tycoon box, but ranching some slimes would be a nice gift to add to the mix

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna get a Switch but probably not even close to launch, especially because Nintendo's lovely releases mean that it'll be way more of a fight than it's worth to get one for the first few months.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope everyone has a nice mug of hot jones on this X-mas day.

bloodychill posted:

Elf, Scrooged, and Christmas Vacation. Maybe some Home Alone. Christmas Story used to be my favorite but I've seen it too many times since TNT did the 24 hours of Christmas Story thing.

Elf is terrible, I don't get why it's so beloved.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've been walking around cleaning the apartment singing "I'll be stoned for Christmas..." and giggling. Happy days friends.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm gonna go to sheetz and get a free coffee because today is the "free coffee at sheetz" thing where you just walk in, get a coffee, and walk out

It's cool

It includes hot cocoa too

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Die Hard is a Christmas movie

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

PantsBandit posted:

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

Die Hard is the Christmas Movie.

You can complement it with Jingle All The Way and Gremlins 2.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Edmond Dantes posted:

Die Hard is the Christmas Movie.

You can complement it with Jingle All The Way and Gremlins 2.

Gremlins 2 is a Lincoln's Birthday movie

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Phantasium posted:

Keep playing.

Woah that's cool.

And now I feel dumb

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I have a PS4. I am thrilled with it. It is a wonderful machine and there are several games I'm excited to play on it, eventually. However, what I really, really want right now is to play Vanquish. Can I get it from the Playstation Store? Will it work? If not, I'll cry, probably.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess they might put it on the playstation now streaming thing at some point but I don't think there's anyway to play it right now

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

WickedHate posted:

I have a PS4. I am thrilled with it. It is a wonderful machine and there are several games I'm excited to play on it, eventually. However, what I really, really want right now is to play Vanquish. Can I get it from the Playstation Store? Will it work? If not, I'll cry, probably.

Play Until Dawn

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My best friend bought my planet coaster for Christmas. I also got a new mouse. Happy days :D I hope everyone has been having a fantastic christmas!!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mak0rz posted:

Woah that's cool.

And now I feel dumb

Yeah Axiom Verge wears NES and Metroid on its sleeves, and simultaneously tears its sleeves off

I don't think that metaphor worked but it's a cool game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I need to go to the store to get eggs and sugar for christmas cookies, also bacon because bacon. I feel sort of bad for the peeps working on xmas day at stores and such though :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Macaluso posted:

Play Until Dawn

Maybe. Why?

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess they might put it on the playstation now streaming thing at some point but I don't think there's anyway to play it right now

:(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

WickedHate posted:

Maybe. Why?

Cause it's good

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Muppet Christmas Carol is my holiday movie of choice.

WickedHate posted:

Sadly, vanquish is only on ps3. I dont think they even have it on psnow.

E:f;b

xedo fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 25, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

VideoGames posted:

My best friend bought my planet coaster for Christmas. I also got a new mouse. Happy days :D I hope everyone has been having a fantastic christmas!!!

You won't be able to play it til the end of Japanuary :(

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

xedo posted:

Muppet Christmas Carol is my holiday movie of choice.

This is the right Christmas film opinion.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Girlfriend is having me sit through a video game anime and i........I enjoy it

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lurdiak posted:

I hope everyone has a nice mug of hot jones on this X-mas day.

...hot what?

From the makers of Hot Jones, it's... Hot Pooey! Hot Pooey - "Oh dear god... what have we done?"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

You won't be able to play it til the end of Japanuary :(

It is something wonderful to look forward to! I am very excited for Japanuary.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wish the story in Axiom Verge wasn't garbage. It's a pretty cool game otherwise.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Nate RFB posted:

I wish the story in Axiom Verge wasn't garbage. It's a pretty cool game otherwise.

Tbfh the last boss being absolute poo poo is worse. Game is still good though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Nate RFB posted:

Also half the enemy HP and double your movement speed.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Nate RFB posted:

I thought the story was kind of neat, if a bit silly. I mean, how often do you see a sci-fi story where interdimensional/time travel shenanigans cause a guy to clone himself hundreds of times over, go nuts, then eventually have one of his own clones who thinks he's the original take him down?

Most if not all the balance issues can be traced to just a single guy making the game, and I think he did a drat good job considering. It's real easy to get tunnel vision in terms of difficulty with a one-man team, and that was its biggest problem.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What is knack anyway

DQ8 for 3DS sounds like fun. I never played the original past like the intro town. What's the deal with the additional party members? I know they were already in the original game, just not playable, and I dunno how much the party members actually matter during the plot so idk if they're adding more lines or what

I'm excited for the opportunity to kick Angelo's dumb rear end out, the question is just who gets to take his place

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dewgy posted:

...hot what?

HOT JONES!

quote:

From the makers of Hot Jones, it's... Hot Pooey! Hot Pooey - "Oh dear god... what have we done?"

I reserve Hot Pooey for New Year's Eve guests that don't know when to leave.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

I wish it wasn't incredibly slow and enemies didn't take 1000 hits to kill.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lurdiak posted:

HOT JONES!

I reserve Hot Pooey for New Year's Eve guests that don't know when to leave.

I must have your recipe. That Jones looks drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I spent my christmas with family, culminating with watching Kubo and the Two Strings. I had heard incredible, amazing things about it, that it's one of the best animated films ever made, that it's breathtakingly beautiful, that it is entirely stop-motion, and that it is best to go in blind. All of these things are true. The only thing I saw of the movie prior to actually watching it was this animated gif:

The movie is an absolute joy. Definitely watch it. It's criminal that it did so terribly at the box office.

This video shows just how much of the movie is real, not cgi(preferably watch after seeing the movie since it's got spoilers in it). I was repeatedly flabbergasted throughout that video. I literally cannot believe some of the scenes they shot live were not cgi despite it staring me in the face. Incredible. Truly incredible.

• Locked thread